My17 xc90 t6 Strange buzzing noise right rear when parked
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

My17 xc90 t6 Strange buzzing noise right rear when parked

Hi...just walked into garage and noticed this strange buzzing sound coming from the right rear of our xc90. Car had been parked and locked for 6-7hours. Is this an Evap System process or what could cause this buzzing? It did not stop after unlocking/locking the car or opening closing the driver door. I took some video for better diagnostic.

https://youtu.be/9CT2RYM4750

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by freakazeud View Post
      Hi...just walked into garage and noticed this strange buzzing sound coming from the right rear of our xc90. Car had been parked and locked for 6-7hours. Is this an Evap System process or what could cause this buzzing? It did not stop after unlocking/locking the car or opening closing the driver door. I took some video for better diagnostic.

Thanks!

That’s very weird. With two SPA XC90s I never had that. It doesn’t sound like the compressor for the air suspension. I’m not sure if you have it but it sounds different.

2017 A4 Allroad P+ W/ Cold weather, warm weather, Florret silver on Charcoal. Loaded (AOA BUYBACK- ——> 2018 Prestige Florret silver full body paint, Warm weather, cold weather, DAP, ROW parts

2018 XC90 Momentum + Convenience, Air suspension, 21 Inch rims, Bright Silver with Charcoal Leather LOADED VCNA buyback ( From 2016 XC90 Osmium Grey)----

(2018 XC90 totaled by a driver who rear ended us——-> into 2018 Q7 Florret silver Prestige, DAP, Adaptive chassis , cold weather, tow

2017 F150 XLT- 3.5/10 Speed- BLIS, Sport appearance Lightning blue

1946 CJ2A Restore

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.moor View Post
      That’s very weird. With two SPA XC90s I never had that. It doesn’t sound like the compressor for the air suspension. I’m not sure if you have it but it sounds different.

Forgot to mention...we do not have air suspension.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Forgot to mention...we do not have air suspension.

I would take to the dealer. Very weird

2017 A4 Allroad P+ W/ Cold weather, warm weather, Florret silver on Charcoal. Loaded (AOA BUYBACK- ——> 2018 Prestige Florret silver full body paint, Warm weather, cold weather, DAP, ROW parts

2018 XC90 Momentum + Convenience, Air suspension, 21 Inch rims, Bright Silver with Charcoal Leather LOADED VCNA buyback ( From 2016 XC90 Osmium Grey)----

(2018 XC90 totaled by a driver who rear ended us——-> into 2018 Q7 Florret silver Prestige, DAP, Adaptive chassis , cold weather, tow

2017 F150 XLT- 3.5/10 Speed- BLIS, Sport appearance Lightning blue

1946 CJ2A Restore

Thanks!

It could be the evaporation system. Others have reported similar sounds coming from the right rear when parked. If you get a CEL, you might have a bad seal on the fuel door or something and the evaporation system is just trying to continuously reduce the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      It could be the evaporation system. Others have reported similar sounds coming from the right rear when parked. If you get a CEL, you might have a bad seal on the fuel door or something and the evaporation system is just trying to continuously reduce the pressure.
      No CEL and it stoped itself after about 5min. Figured this might be better known or documented.

No CEL and it stoped itself after about 5min. Figured this might be better known or documented.

I think there's a section in the manual about sounds to expect. Can't remember for sure. I might be thinking of an appliance manual I read.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription

2019 xc90.. Just walked into the garage and noticed the same thing. Buzzing sound from some where around the right rear passenger area. This threads a bit old, anyone know what this is?

I have 2 ‘19 XC90’s and have noticed the same sound on both. Both of mine have air suspension too so I thought perhaps it was that. Interesting to read the same sound is happening to those without air susp. I’m not too worried about it as nothing seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by qbit View Post
      2019 xc90.. Just walked into the garage and noticed the same thing. Buzzing sound from some where around the right rear passenger area. This threads a bit old, anyone know what this is?
      As said earlier in the 2017, it is the fuel pressurization safety system (in my words). It is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements