2006 xc70 DEM-0007 Hydraulic pressure Faulty value
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2006 xc70 DEM-0007 Hydraulic pressure Faulty value

Hey,
      i bought 2006 volvo xc70. Now i noticed that awd doesnt work. Scanned car with VIDA and it showed that aoc pump has no signal. Changed the pump and now i can hear it working.
      After pump change it felt that awd is back, but it takes like 3 seconds before rear end kicks in. So i looked at codes with VIDA again and now there was code like this DEM-0007 Hydraulid pressure Faulty value. And some live data from VIDA.

seems like there is not enough pressure and solenoid has too low current?
      Can pressure sensor cause all this? Should i buy new or used sensor and just change it?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Had exact same problem with my wife’s XC90. First replaced AOC pump, but still took 3 seconds of rear wheel spinning before AWD kicked in. VIDA showed DEM 007 code. So then I replaced the pressure sensor and everything works perfectly now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '93 Volvo 240 Wagon (totaled in wreck with 430,000 miles)
      '95 Volvo 850 T5 (gifted to sibling)
      '99 Volvo S80 T6 (death by GM transmission)
      '06 Volvo XC90 2.5
      '04 Volvo V70 R

You beat me to it, needs a DEM pressure sensor (the least expensive of the AWD parts and pieces)!
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 116K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 153,000 miles and still near perfect!

Hey, i changed the DEM Pressure/temperature sensor. Tho i bought a used one. I were happy at first when the rear end kicked in instantly.
      Vida showed pressure and solenoid had current. So i started driving home (about 50km) and before i arrived i wanted to try again. looked for icy spot and tried....and then it took 2 seconds before rear end kicked in. Seems like when rear end gets warm, then its kicking in again with delay. Today morning started car and tried again. It worked flawless ..then went to drive and tried a bit later..again 2 seconds delay. Could it be the used sensor? its better than my old sensor but still with delay. I havent put computer on with warm rear end yet.
      EDIT: Btw, when i changed the oil pressure pump. i bought DORMAN oil pump. hopefully this isnt my problem lol..i just read negative comments about dorman parts.

Thanks
      Last edited by j4nx; 12-16-2017 at 11:35 AM.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements