HunteR’sBuilD
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HunteR’sBuilD

HunteR’sBuilD

I feel it is time to start a build thread. I’ve owned my 05 VR GT for a year now. Big difference from my 00 V70XCR I built. Let’s face it, I’m a wagon man. Some people feel a sedan is better. I say to each his own.

First step in my build is to make a solid foundation. Suspension and new components are in order. I only use OEM from FCPEuro. I am stuck between KW coil overs or Bilstein conversion. Sways will be iPD and of course ViVA Performance braces and other upgrades to enhance the handling.

I have the UR front upper brace and the VST rear brace installed. Now I can feel how the shocks just don’t cut it. Too hard a drive in advanced & DSTC off.

I plan on fabricating a Haldex & better trans external cooler. I saw a thread where a Russian caR owner did this for his haldex. My dad always said the heat kills and the rear end is what makes this caR a performer.

I have the original engine in the garage with an unknown cooling issue and currently have a solid 04 installed.

The engine will be next after I make sure the suspension, Trans and drive train is rock solid.

My 05 Engine will be Built with ViVA performance parts. It will be a complete rebuild. I find in my year of reading I can build a 400+ hp car with Connor and his products. Totally awesome.

Updates to follow.

05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar
      Good luck on the build, HunteR! Connor and I will be happy to help you along the way

Quote Originally Posted by George @ ViVA View Post
      Good luck on the build, HunteR! Connor and I will be happy to help you along the way
      Didn’t mean to leave you out of the post. George. Props to both of you. Soon I’ll be storing upgrades in the basement, like Trav for the engine rebuild.
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

My 00 XCr. May she RIP. You served well.

HunteR’sBuilD

I went through my invoices over the last year. Here is what I have done. All kits for OEM replacement are from FCPEuro. Best place to buy my parts.

Engine:
      Installed replacement ‘04 Engine w 140k(?).
      Exhaust VVT assembly
      Oil Pump gasket Kit
      4 oil pump bolts
      Crankshaft gasket, pulley and nut.
      Volvo NGK Spark Plugs
      PCV Kit
      Water pump Kit
      Serpentine belt kit
      Performance TB Kit.
      Fuel Pump Control Module
      Fuel Pump w/gasket
      Fuel Pressure Sensor
      Fuel Cap
      Oil fill gasket
      New exhaust with heat wrap-(PO)
      New OEM radiator. -(PO)

Suspension:
      L/R Control Arm Kit
      L/R front axle
      Engine mount kit
      UR F/strut Tower Brace
      VST rear Cargo Brace

Electrical:
      New ECU-(PO)
      Alarm Siren
      Ignition Immobilizer
      Xenon headlight bulbs
      Bosch Type 49 Battery
      CFE+
      Last edited by HunterBD; 12-19-2017 at 06:58 AM.

HunteR’sBuilD

My first experience with Volvo was back in 69. My parents had this new light blue 145. I loved that car. As a kid it had great space when they would leave us in the car for bad behavior at parties. Life was different then. I had good parents. I was just a kid in the 60’s growing up.

Dad had a 1800s MT
      He sold that for a 164E m46(?). It was white on maroon leather. He drove very fast growing up.

He taught us how to drive in a northeast snow storm. He said “Never Stop on a Hill Boys, don’t touch the brakes. Let your engine control the direction.” Then he would say, “watch how I have the engine control the slide” as we passed all the other cars stuck on the hill.

I don’t stop to this day. I drive around in the AWD......R as I punch it.

Dad was a Professional engineer. He was on the project that changed the U.S.S Nautilus from a closed Sodium system cooled Nuclear Reactor to open Fresh Salt water cooling system. On paper a closed system was better choice because they thought the cooling could be controlled.

They were wrong on paper. Thru real life testing against the U.S.S Seawolf, a fresh water cooled system cooled the nuclear reactor better.

So it goes to show that engineering on paper doesn’t always produced the desired output.

It goes the same for our R’s.

He taught us that Heat Kills. I follow this idea with my car. A properly cooled engine should produce enough power to satisfy the need.

Life is too short. Enjoy it now while I can.

More updates soon. Just keep enjoying the ride.

05 VR GT 160k
      Last edited by HunterBD; 12-17-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Hells yeah man!
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Quote Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      It is flaccid in nature, and makes me uncomfortable to talk about.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by khalil_y View Post
      Hells yeah man!
      Thank you man. I am enjoying reading about your build. Very nice.

05 VR GT 158k rebuilding the suspension for the final stage in her life..... I just keep enjoying the ride.

How many people only have to press their DSTC button for 2 seconds to disable it. Is this normal? Every posts I read say you have to press it multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      How many people only have to press their DSTC button for 2 seconds to disable it. Is this normal? Every posts I read say you have to press it multiple times.

You hold the button 5 times for 1 second to disable it. That's normal.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Quote Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      It is flaccid in nature, and makes me uncomfortable to talk about.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

welcome to ss, im looking forward to many pics to come of your upgrades...as far as shocks/strut, if you like it firm and planted to the road go with kw if you like it softer bilstein.
      2000 ML320
      2000 ML55 AMG
      2005 XCR90
      2006 C70
      2006 S60R - gone
      1997 Avalon - gone - son - space-force

[QUOTE=khalil_y;6255105]You hold the button 5 times for 1 second to disable it. That's normal.

That’s what I thought. Not me, I just have to hold the button for two seconds and it turns off. Video to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      welcome to ss, im looking forward to many pics to come of your upgrades...as far as shocks/strut, if you like it firm and planted to the road go with kw if you like it softer bilstein.
      Thanks Dougy. I really am enjoying your build threads. You give us all inspiration to take it to the limit.
      I like it firm and planted. I have been leaning towards the KW’s.

First accident. Hit by a 2016 s60T5

A little wear on the front seat but that is about it.

Shot from the back seat

Rear VST Brace installed

UR front brace installed

ViVA of course

Eagerly following this build!! Excited to see where you end up.
      2007 SapphiCama V70R 400K+/Km
      R-Kelly Intake/CFE/H&R 5/15 spacers

More pictures.
      I tracked down PO. He told me the ECU is brand new with a new radiator. They had a lil burst in the pipe. I wonder how big. Insurance covered it.

Newly wrapped exhaust

Next is to rebuild the rear end with new components. This includes new brakes all around.

I love this car. Best Volvo I’ve owned since my 89 744ti+ with m46 that the ex made me get rid of. Every available dealer option in black on black. Tow et al.

Thanks Caboose. Enjoy the ride. I’m not sure what’s next but hey....I grew up in the 70’s. Let’s spin that wheel bob....no devil.

Bad news is I pulled into a spot to far and went to back up. The front bumper assembly ripped off on the front drivers side.

Ordered a new bracket to hold the bumper and some plastic fasteners. Very little damage.

Good news is that I no longer have a droopy front lip.

Going to order two new fog light assemblies from FCP next.

More pictures.
      I tracked down PO. He told me the ECU is brand new with a new radiator. They had a lil burst in the pipe. I wonder how big. Insurance covered it.

Next is to rebuild the rear end with new components. This includes new brakes all around.

I love this car. Best Volvo I’ve owned since my 89 744ti+ with m46 that the ex made me get rid of. Every available dealer option in black on black. Tow et al.
      I also have a GT but do not have the module on the right, just an ECU. Did it get removed when the tf80sc went in?
      07 S60R GT: 2.4T5 Swap, OBX 3" Down Pipe, OBX Catback, AEM UEGO, Glowshift Boost Gauge, K&N Drop in, Nebula Reps, Kuhmo Ecsta, 5mm & 10mm Spacers, STI Lip, Hilton Stage 2, Turbosmart CBV, Godspeed intercooler, Do88 Radiator hoses, Rebuilt tf80sc.

Build: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...s-Build-Thread

"Reduced" and "Disabled" are two different modes.
      Pushing once changes to "reduced". It reduces the intervention of the DSTC to let you have some fun, but completely let you loose.
      Push again to return to normal.
      Push five times in succession approx. 1 sec apart to full disable DSTC and enjoy snow-nuts to your heart's content.
      '06 Long Roof R Magic Blue | Eroticama | 3-Pedal Arrangement | 228k miles | My story: Addicted to a new drug: torque, baby!!!
      '06 S2000 Berlina Black | Black | 27k miles - garage queen | RIP 10/05/17, now a parts car.
      '06 S2000 Berlina Black | Black | 26k miles - garage queen
      '07 Passat 2.0T Wagon | Deep Black | Wifemobile | 166k miles

Quote Originally Posted by MFs60r View Post
      I also have a GT but do not have the module on the right, just an ECU. Did it get removed when the tf80sc went in?
      His is an 05.

06-07 Autos don't have TCU next to the ECU, it's got the module on the trans
      Yellow 95 850 T-5R - SOLD
      Black 98 S70 T5M - Heavily modded
      Laser 00 V70R M66 - 03 T5 motor M66 AWD swapped. Stevo tuned
      Sappicama 04 V70R M66 - Hilton Stage 1
      Magicama 05 S60R M66 - Stock
      Mysticama 05 S60R M66 - Stock
      Electic Nord 06 V70R M66 - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by qwkbrk View Post
      Push again to return to normal.
      Push five times in succession approx. 1 sec apart to full disable DSTC and enjoy snow-nuts to your heart's content.
      Are you pushing it 5 times after enabling at reduced first? I have tried this but have never been successful. It always seems to be reduced. What should the display say?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkT5 View Post
      His is an 05.

06-07 Autos don't have TCU next to the ECU, it's got the module on the trans
      ...and another gear.

HunteR’sBuilD

My list of parts that I am going to start ordering soon.

Folding Mirrors
      MIRROR ASSEMBLY - VOLVO (30745246)
      MIRROR OUTSIDE - VOLVO (30745251)
      Exhaust
      3" Performance Downpipe, S60R/V70R AWD, S60/V70/S80 FWD/AWD (Fab8, VIVA or Eurosport)
      Mototec / EuroSport Tuning Touring Edition Cat-Back Exhaust Kit - S60R / V70R SKU: MTEVL603
      OR
      Viva Performance exhaust SKU: VP-02B-H5R

Suspension
      KW Coilover Kit, S60/V70 FWD & AWD, S80 FWD (V2) SKU:15267006
      110416 – IPD Anti-Sway Bar Kit - V70R Models

Engine Performance
      Snow Performance Stage 2 Boost Cooler Methanol Kit SKU: snow210
      Do88 Performance Intercooler and Piping Kit SKU:BIG-X70-R-UG
      650cc Fuel Injectors, Volvo 5-Cylinder Turbo Engines (5) SKU: VP-073902
      CBV Upgrade Kit S60R/V70R, S60 T5 SKU: VP-073722
      Turbo upgrade-Still researching.

Are you pushing it 5 times after enabling at reduced first? I have tried this but have never been successful. It always seems to be reduced. What should the display say?

The DTSC button, push until message in driver control center says 'DTSC reduced' push again to turn back on, then off, on, off again and it should say something like 'DTSC off'
      Nordi/Black 2005 S60R M66.

Looks like a good time! Happy to help out a fellow SSer Talk soon
      2000 Laser Blue V70R

Quote Originally Posted by DatS60R View Post
      The DTSC button, push until message in driver control center says 'DTSC reduced' push again to turn back on, then off, on, off again and it should say something like 'DTSC off'
      Thank you Dat. I will give it a go when I get home from work.

HunteR’sBuilD

Restored the rusted/ bent original rt. fog light to match the newer one that was replaced by PO.

Last edited by HunterBD; 01-19-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Now I see. Yes. It should say Anti Skid Off when it is off. I wonder what “reducing” does to the drive train. What is the percentage front to back?

This car is a magnet for being hit. I came home from work and this?! No note. Renter next door has a truck and is not here today.
      fml.

Holy **** did he hit you or run over you?

People are dicks....

Why did you wrap the exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
      Holy **** did he hit you or run over you?

People are dicks....

Why did you wrap the exhaust?
      It was sitting in my side of driveway(shared).

The kid has a FORD F250 King Cab that sits very high. Luckily he didn’t touch the hood and only scraped the top of the headlight. Police said to call them when he gets home to finish filing the report.

The PO wrapped it, so I just left it that way.

Getting ready to swap the brakes this weekend. Just got in the mail.

Roof rails arrived. Can’t wait to install them.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast