HunteR’sBuilD - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: HunteR’sBuilD

Went for a road trip yesterday to visit a fellow board member CapeMayXC70(Patrick). He hooked me up with a replacement fender. Thank you brother!
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

While I was there I had to convince him to sell me the sub he was on the fence of selling.
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

He hooked me up with the one thing that has been bugging me since I bought the car, a nose plug.

I look forward to spending more time hanging out. His R is insane! He also has a killer XC70 that his son drives. Totally cool dad! My dad gave me a 66 VW 1300 to drive back in the day.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Reduced Engine Performance! What? I only left her in the driveway for two weeks while I recovered from the Flu and then Strep. She got angry. Ran VIDA and the Boost Pressure Sensor is bad. Hoped on FCP Euro and ordered the Bosch unit for 23.87 instead of $128 for the Volvo Brand. This should fix what ails her.

HunteR’sBuilD

I pulled the Boost sensor. It’s original. 4/11/05

This should send the message to my neighbor to be more careful when backing up.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      This should send the message to my neighbor to be more careful when backing up.
      Lol! How bout u just paint the car orange and give it 1 reflection wrap all the way around... #v70cone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArieDidThat View Post
      Lol! How bout u just paint the car orange and give it 1 reflection wrap all the way around... #v70cone

Ooo yea, like that burnt orange color the 240 was painted back in the day. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      Ooo yea, like that burnt orange color the 240 was painted back in the day. LOL.
      Hahaha, hopefully he will learn his lesson this time around. Great thread too. Enjoyed reading it.

Solved the Reduced Engine Performance. My throttle body went south so I replaced that with the gasket and pins. No more error and pickup is nice and smooth now.

Got R covered for the next Nor’easter

^did it pop a woodie?
      '06 Long Roof R Magic Blue | Eroticama | 3-Pedal Arrangement | 222k miles | My story: Addicted to a new drug: torque, baby!!!
      '06 S2000 Berlina Black | Black | 27k miles - garage queen | RIP 10/05/17, now a parts car.
      '06 S2000 Berlina Black | Black | 26k miles - garage queen
      '07 Passat 2.0T Wagon | Deep Black | Wifemobile | 161k miles

Quote Originally Posted by qwkbrk View Post
      ^did it pop a woodie?
      Good one.

Wow!

Just pull the cover off and I’m ready to go.

Finally it has been warm enough to put on new shoes. Love the Brembo’s. So easy to replace. I put on Volvo Pads with Brembo Rotors from FCPEuro.

HunteR’sBuilD

Tear down on the front end. Finally have a few warm days to replace the fender that my neighbor was kind enough to hit.
      Rebuilt the fog lights, one had a crack where the plastic cap screws on and will put them back in.

Have to put my (re) build on hold. I’m not allowed to buy any after market upgrades till I get rid of this stack of parts for my summer ride.
      Replacing with disks on all for corners, 3/4 sways, Kafer Bar,lowering and strut bars

Finally pulled and replaced the fender.
      Jacked the car, removed tire and insert.

Removed the 9 bolts holding the fender along with the side bracket.

Fit the replacement fender and adjusted while tightening each bolt. Put new side bracket on.

Put the tire back on and lowered.

Tomorrow reinstall the front bumper assembly.

Looks good
      05 XC70R Ice White
      06 V70R GT TiGrey/Gobi

Sold & missed: 05 V70R M66 Saffhire Black/Nordkap

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayXC70 View Post
      Looks good
      Thank you Patrick. I couldn’t have been able to replace it without your help. Next I work on putting in the sub. They say it should be pre-wired since it is a 05.

I love spring time. I finally get to work on the caR.

Don't assume it's pre-wired. Everyone told me my 07 was pre-wired. Nope! Had to order the harness. That being said, installing the sub & harness was total cake. After hearing it you'll probably wonder why you waited so long to install.
      2007 SapphiCama V70R 400K+/Km
      R-Kelly Intake/CFE/H&R 5/15 spacers

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
      Don't assume it's pre-wired. Everyone told me my 07 was pre-wired. Nope! Had to order the harness. That being said, installing the sub & harness was total cake. After hearing it you'll probably wonder why you waited so long to install.
      Thanks Caboose. I’ve come to realize the R is different in every package. That is why I love this caR. Each one is different. Luckily I have the wiring harness.

Everything is back to normal.

Put the sub in. First remove the tire, battery bracket and jack.

Put the battery cover on along with the battery hold down bracket.

Put tire in with smaller screw unit

Remove rear cover and put in sub with bracket.

Put cover on sub and google how to install the wiring harness

Where does the jack holder go? I can’t figure it out.

There

It's a lot easier to fit it if you remove both covers. I also had to trim the sound deadening material.
      Last edited by [email protected]; 04-25-2018 at 06:37 PM.
      V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum
      tuned by contrast

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      There

It's a lot easier to fit it if you remove both covers. I also had to trim the sound deadening material.
      I agree. I found the instructions and they said that in one of the steps. They also mentioned trimming it. I propped the back one up with a stick.

The easiest way to remove the back one is to lift it a couple of inches and pull it towards yourself. It comes right off.
      V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum
      tuned by contrast

The easiest way to remove the back one is to lift it a couple of inches and pull it towards yourself. It comes right off.
      This car is so easy to work on the interior. Much easier than climbing into the trunk on an s60R. No offense to the sedan brothers. I am a wagon man.

My next project. Bought these on amazon.

I just ordered the Mototec/Eurosport Tuning Touring exhaust. It is on sale today for just $639 I just couldn’t resist. It will be shipped tomorrow. Psych!

Figured out how the jack unit installs with the sub.

Reciprocating. This is a nice ride too! Love the work you're doing, and glad the mishaps which slowed you down haven't dampened your spirit.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Looks good!
      V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum
      tuned by contrast

You're coming to Carlisle?
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Looks good!
      Thanks [email protected] Moving right along..

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast