HunteR’sBuilD - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: HunteR’sBuilD

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      You're coming to Carlisle?
      I was so ready to go but they changed the schedule at work. I am on call that weekend for after hours support so I have to stay at home.
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

HunteR’sBuilD

It’s so shiny! I went with the EuroSport because down the road I can switch out the Cat when I go over the 450hp and the quality is very well done.

I went with the Touring model because I wanted a quieter sound. I want a sleeper you can’t hear coming.
      Last edited by HunterBD; 05-06-2018 at 02:04 PM.
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

Now that Radio Shack is closed I went to HomeD for some Heat Shrink for my wires to the sub.
      I removed the sticky tape and separated the power/rem from the ground and also one for the speakers.

Added a final wrap and now I see no wires to the sub.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I am changing the name of my car to "The Dad Mobile".

Killer stereo, leather, sunroof, dual booster seats and GT. The best part is it's a wagon.

I have to thank everyone on this board for your input on upgrades and repairs to your R's. Your post and builds are inspirational. Hats off to all of you who have built the R to your satisfaction. It is amazing how Volvo has over engineered this car. They did this on the 242 and now they have built a legacy and it is our duty to keep it alive. That is why I am building the perfect Dad Mobile. Solid, fast and safe. I know I have no problem with the help of this board. Volvo engineers would be proud.

I want to drive Route 66 (no not in the vet). I was born in 63...

I am getting into this late in the game. My caR is 13 years old. Upgrades have been out for awhile. You have had a chance to try these upgrades and have real life experience on what works. Thank you for your posts.

The last car I had was a Y2K V70 XCSE, I did everything wrong on that car. Wish I could start all over.

Reading the past posts from this board has taught me well.

I bought this car because I saw Same color VR back in 2005. I grew up with Volvo starting in 1966. My dad loved the way they handled compared to American cars in it's price range.

First you build the foundation(suspension, brakes, electrical, gas, engine. trans, AWD). These cars need this to add boost. Don't think you can bypass this. Things start to break and then you curse your car. Been there , done that.

So my adventure begins....

DO NOT cut your gutter trim to install these if you can help it. Full pieces are NLA. Try and find a yard with a V70r that has rails and use those and paint em. Even black.
      Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      My next project. Bought these on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ZZZZZZZ; 05-12-2018 at 07:14 AM.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Hey ZZZZZZZ I agree with you. That is why I am waiting to install. I want to find a car that is wrecked with a roof rack so I can take the pieces. I don’t want to cut this because I will never find another set.

Everything installed. I had to go into the menu of the head unit and reset it. It wasn’t enabling the sub.

I also found Where I can adjust the mid range, Center channel and Dolby. Now I can customize the sound. Sweet.

WOW! What a difference.

Good job, glad you like it.
      05 XC70R Ice White
      06 V70R GT TiGrey/Gobi

Sold & missed: 05 V70R M66 Saffhire Black/Nordkap

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayXC70 View Post
      Good job, glad you like it.
      Love it! Thanks for letting me take it off your hands.

Tearing down the original engine to find out where she failed. My money is on a sleeve. If so looks like Dartons are in order.

Jealous. Wish I'd had discretionary funding to have pulled the trigger.

Everything installed. I had to go into the menu of the head unit and reset it. It wasn’t enabling the sub.

I also found Where I can adjust the mid range, Center channel and Dolby. Now I can customize the sound. Sweet.

WOW! What a difference.
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Jealous. Wish I'd had discretionary funding to have pulled the trigger.
      I ate Ramen noodles for a year and put the extra cash in escrow.

I've done similar moves before. That's how I bought a house, and my first new car.
      That was LONG ago, and before I got married. Pffffft! It all went away - no more funding unless it's approved by "the department".
      I ate Ramen noodles for a year and put the extra cash in escrow.

Tearing down the original engine to find out where she failed. My money is on a sleeve. If so looks like Dartons are in order.

coming along nicely...
      2006 S60R 2.4 T5 mostly stock fine tuned by https://urbastuning.wordpress.com
      ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,
      Originally Posted by John C "We are in the presence of greatness! "

I replied to your Wanted Ad, I have some OE roof trim that'll work nicely with the rack. Shoot me a PM!
      NorthWestR - Instagram
      2005 S60R | M66 | TICAMA | Stage 4 build under way..
      2006 V70R | TF-80 | TIKAP | Hilton Stage 2 | do88 FMIC | Ferrita DP | Heico Quad Tip Catback | TME VR Springs | UR Braces | IPD Track Sways | IPD Adjustable Toe Bars | IPD Camber Bushings [B]

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestR View Post
      I replied to your Wanted Ad, I have some OE roof trim that'll work nicely with the rack. Shoot me a PM!
      PM sent.

Houston we have a problem.
      Pulled the oil cooler and one of the rubber hoses is rock solid after this...uh...wtf
      I think the PO used a little too much silicon seal to fix a leak.
      Can’t stop laughing at this point. This why people should Just Say NO and call your mechanic.

Careful, Next thing you know you know your building a 15k engine. These things get out of control. I love it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun42073 View Post
      Careful, Next thing you know you know your building a 15k engine. These things get out of control. I love it !!!
      . You know it. Switching to PB&J sandwiches to save up for this one...

Just in! Pictures from Kristian @ Snabb. He is a master of his trade.

I decided I am selling the 77 V dub. I searched and found a C70 T5 in Conchohocken. Only 73k miles for a 2010. Cream interior. Started right up and she purred like my R. Took her for a drive. Very smooth shifts and drove straight. Underside clean as a whistle with no rash. Engine looked great. All keys including the Valet. Even had a Volvo key fob. PO liked this car.

All tires had even wear and so did the brakes. She only needs tires and shoes for inspection.

Very happy with this find.

I signed the paper work and someone walked into the showroom wanting to see it. Salesman said “It’s sold!” We have a White one. I saw it and total rash on the entire bottom front lip.

Now the V goes into my garage to prep her for winter. I have a FMIC and exhaust to install along with 4C’s all around.

Lucky me.

Started to tear down the motor.
      The PO forgot a bolt.

So the spark plug didn’t do its job.

Some wear on the journals.

I think this block may be shimmed. Stay tuned.

What makes you think it has shims?

HunteR’sBuilD

Quote Originally Posted by bgrove View Post
      What makes you think it has shims?
      When I bought the car there was a mechanic receipt in the paperwork for adding .030 shims to the block. They also did head work. My previous mechanic lost all the paperwork so I can’t reference it anymore. I’ll know today when I get home from work.
      Last edited by HunterBD; 07-02-2018 at 09:41 AM.

So no shims. How do I know if it is cracked? Where am I looking? At the top between 2&3?
      Here are some pics.

Looks like the mechanic dropped part of his sandwich in the intake when checking it.

I cleaned the tops of each cylinder. I think they look good.

Yes you want to look between each cylinder... Also if any cylinder is clean that's a decent sign.
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      Yes you want to look between each cylinder... Also if any cylinder is clean that's a decent sign.
      Thanks Hounddogger. Everything looks good so far.

Here is where I mounted my Grom Microphone

Packed the VR with some goodies to install when I take her off the road for the summer to install in the next coming weeks.

Fragile! Is that an Italian part?

Nice job cleaning the piston heads, what did you use chemical and mechanically?

Fragile! Is that an Italian part?
      That’s Frigile’ pronounced (“frahgeeelay”). Love that movie

I used this brush I got from Home Depot. Brass Bristles in wood. The engine was already clean so really it cleaned the carbon build up.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast