HunteR’sBuilD - Page 8
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: HunteR’sBuilD

Damn, how many miles on that bushing?

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.9 1/4 @112mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kay_yass https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Quote Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      It is flaccid in nature, and makes me uncomfortable to talk about.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am pretty sure the one side was originally like that, it used to have a different part number. I just changed mine two weeks ago and the one side looked oblonged and the other was a circle.
      2005 V70R M66, Titanium-Gobi

1986 944 Turbo, Black-Tan

Past; 940t wagon, 940, 960 wagon, 240 wagon and several others in the family.

Yea, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2008 Volvo C30:
      Darton wet sleeves|CP Carrillo pistons&rods|Upgraded injectors|K16 turbo|3"downpipe|ELEVATE:cat back|custom intake|turbo intercooler hard pipe|lower motor mount|turbo blanket|intake plenum|downpipe wrap|dual bypass valve|lowering springs|rear camber arms|do88 FMIC|Porche 70mm TB|BMC air filter|MAF upgrade|Turbosmart waste gate|meth injection|IPD brake lines|NGK iridium 1 step colder|APR head studs|AEM AFR/Boost Gauge|Hilton Tuning

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I picked this up from Shurgen. He said it was out of an 07. I believe he had said the VR was in a rear end accident. It made bent from that. Anyway, they are coming out for new Kaphlenke Bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

There is nothing wrong with that bushing and no effing way it got out of round from the hit, it's how it came from factory and it's how it is on other subframes. Projectsmorol is clueless and is in the wrong forum. It came out of jozooka's VR with 115k miles https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...hlight=jozooka
      04 V70R Red/Atacama, 100k miles, M66, Rica 2, Elevate DP and sways, JRL mod, 3"CAI, Viva CBV, Heico V's.
      06 V70R Sonicama, 135k miles, GT, MTE stage 2, IPD DP and sways, MTE catback
      07 V70R Titanium/Gobi, 140k miles, M66, Elevate DP, Heico catback, IPD sways, PDV collar, Heico V's

I wasn’t implying your subframe was defective. You are an honest man and you sell top notch parts for our R’s. I just didn’t have an explanation as to why one is oval. It seemed like a logical answer at the time. The subframe you sold me is in perfect condition and better than my subframe. Shurgen, everything is great. I’ll give you a call when I get my shop in order with help removing some bushings.

05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

HunteR’sBuilD

Quote Originally Posted by shurgen View Post
      There is nothing wrong with that bushing and no effing way it got out of round from the hit, it's how it came from factory and it's how it is on other subframes. Projectsmorol is clueless and is in the wrong forum. It came out of jozooka's VR with 115k miles https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...hlight=jozooka
      Yep, clueless. Educate me. With more than I told you so. Pics from a straight from the manufacturer would suffice. No need to be an azole.

Last edited by projectsmorol; 09-09-2019 at 08:49 PM.
      2008 Volvo C30:
      Darton wet sleeves|CP Carrillo pistons&rods|Upgraded injectors|K16 turbo|3"downpipe|ELEVATE:cat back|custom intake|turbo intercooler hard pipe|lower motor mount|turbo blanket|intake plenum|downpipe wrap|dual bypass valve|lowering springs|rear camber arms|do88 FMIC|Porche 70mm TB|BMC air filter|MAF upgrade|Turbosmart waste gate|meth injection|IPD brake lines|NGK iridium 1 step colder|APR head studs|AEM AFR/Boost Gauge|Hilton Tuning

HunteR’sBuilD

They stopped making the oval bushings years ago. If you want the suspension to perform correctly from a left to right perspective then I would swap it to a round one so all are the same.

Just to clarify, I NEVER said that the bushing was defective . Just not going to function the same as a round one. Dont get your ego in a knot.

Last edited by projectsmorol; 09-09-2019 at 08:46 PM.
      2008 Volvo C30:

Back to our regularly scheduled program... Hunter- impressive steady and sure progress, doing it the right way. Nice job, man. I’m jealous.

"The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

HunteR’sBuilD

True dat. Love the work. Im tired of everybody that thinks just because Someone doesnt have their particular make or model, that they dont have any info to offer on the subject. Very closed minded.

Last edited by projectsmorol; 09-09-2019 at 09:09 PM.
      2008 Volvo C30:

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Back to our regularly scheduled program... Hunter- impressive steady and sure progress, doing it the right way. Nice job, man. I’m jealous.

Thanks 7z...You have a very nice ride also and a 07! My goal is to have it ready for Carlisle next year.

It’s been awhile. The car sits in the garage as I slowly restore her.

I’m finishing up with the front seats now that it is 60+ out in Philly.

Cleaned and conditioned then Kiwi Navy Blue Creme polish for shoes.

I’ll let it sit for a bit. Now to remove the rear shocks to cut the springs.

Brushed and polished. Not bad. I can’t wait to do the seats. I’ll let them sit overnight. .

I finally had time to put this in. Now to figure out which other 2 gauges should go there, besides boost of course.

HunteR’sBuilD

Amazing. I went back after brush and polish and added more conditioner. This is drivers seat now.

Last edited by HunterBD; 01-11-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Navy blue Kiwi...brilliant!
      06 V70R GT Magic Blue/Gobi: iPd stage 1 tune, iPd sways, JVC KWM150BT, fixing broken stuff
      Past: (3) 04 S60Rs, 06 XC90, 05 XC70, a couple of 854s, a manual swapped/slammed/19T'd 855 T-5R

HunteR’sBuilD

I am a fool for not checking against the originals. The rear would bounce in the corners left and right. I knew something was wrong. I have to cut the nub.
      SMH.

Much better

Last edited by HunterBD; 01-16-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Wow!! I wonder if anyone has that for gobi?
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Wow!! I wonder if anyone has that for gobi?
      I went online and it looks like Tan is the closest to Gobi. That is a hard color to match. I’ll keep looking.

I’d prep the car this and new sways today, but it is snowing and 30’s now.

Get it going Hunter . We need to cruze around together.
      05 XC70R Ice White
      06 V70R GT TiGrey/Gobi

Sold & missed: 05 V70R M66 Saffhire Black/Nordkap

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayXC70 View Post
      Get it going Hunter . We need to cruze around together.
      You got it brother. I’m working on it. It’s coming together nicely. I need my R back. The T5 isn’t cutting it. LOL.

25. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8