2014+ TFT DIM Retrofit into 2011-2013 S60 - Page 51
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51
    Results 1,751 to 1,785 of 1785
      This wasn't as easy as I thought, the connectors simply won't fit in the DIM connector, I have pulled out the blue locking piece but they won't go all the way in and therefor wouldn't get connection with the DIM.

Edit! Okay, I just needed more force than I thought to get them all the way! The connectors are the right ones.

Last edited by Briander; 02-09-2020 at 08:12 AM.
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD 452 black sapphire - Polestar tune, Polestar wheels 8x19". Simons 3" exhaust. JR air filter. H&R springs. R design front, diffusor, steering wheel, pedals. Frameless mirror, MY13 gear shifter, MY15 TFT DIM.
      1995 855 T-5R automatic 421 dark olive pearl - The long time project.
      https://www.instagram.com/t6blacksapphire/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The original wire terminals should fit easily. You can check the fitting by looking from the other side if the metal contacts are all available up to the surface of the plug. Your 2 new wire terminals should be pushed in as far as the other wires of course. Another confirmation is the re seating of the blue plastic lock, that should fit easily as well and not being blocked by a wire terminal not pushed in to the end...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

I concur with Briander they need to be pushed in quite hard, which is difficult as they are quite small and fragile.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

In my case, the terminals were not long enough to make it to the OBD. Or I could get it to OBD and DIM, but then I couldn't get the OBD back in place. This costed me some nerves...

On the other hand, I don't know if this has been previously mentioned anywhere, but:
      1.) Why can't the new DIM use the same kind of information/signal the old one did to get gear selector and fuel level show correctly without additional wiring?
      2.) Which OBD pin is for gear selector (#6 or #14)? How can I test that wire alone to see if it's working properly? (I can't see any gear being selected, but the fuel one works).

I dont think any terminals are longer than these ones, at least not that I've seen. I bought some wire to make them long enough and hopefully I get this running tonight when its time to connect them to the OBD.
      And i agree, would be interesting to know which OBD pin goes to what function in the DIM.
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD 452 black sapphire - Polestar tune, Polestar wheels 8x19". Simons 3" exhaust. JR air filter. H&R springs. R design front, diffusor, steering wheel, pedals. Frameless mirror, MY13 gear shifter, MY15 TFT DIM.

Pin 6# and 14# on your obd are about CAN bus high speed. The old dim is already connected to Intermediate speed CAN, but different messages are put on there by the CEM.

If I am not mistaken, high speed is also for ECO gauge, Power gauge, that kind of data - which the old DIM did not consume.

VDASH TFT DIM Wizard will check the communication for you. Also Shift Indicator can be enabled by VDASH.

Yes, you need to extend the wiring.

Last edited by GruttePier; 02-13-2020 at 12:26 AM.

All connected and done now, wires are in and everything works as it should, well except the power gauge of course, but what a great feeling and good to have the milage data and so on back. And looks a lot better with gear indicator working instead of just blacked out.

This thread is a great source of help and pictures to do this operation yourself, what a great thing.

Last edited by Briander; 02-14-2020 at 12:31 AM.

To reply to myself - gear selector is high speed CAN and my problem was fixed by just rechecking the wires..

Quote Originally Posted by macnasien79 View Post
      Thanks for this hint, will check a bit later, but not as I know. I just updated the TPMS disable patch which appeared in VDASH.
      Where does one find this above mentioned patch (to remove the TPMS warning) since I don't have the TPMS, but do have the yellow warning on DIM?

Quote Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
      To reply to myself - gear selector is high speed CAN and my problem was fixed by just rechecking the wires..

Where does one find this above mentioned patch (to remove the TPMS warning) since I don't have the TPMS, but do have the yellow warning on DIM?
      I don't know if there was a button for adding that patch supplied with a later version of VDASH, but Pavel sent me a DIM reload to try when I had the same issue and it worked perfectly.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Forgive me if I’ve missed this, but the DIM reload is the same part number for TFT and non TFT DIMs. Could one not just hook up new DIM with the wires and then perform a DIM reload via VIDA? Or are the software packages different depending on the VIN when VIDA checks regardless of the same PT#s for reloads?

I’m just trying to avoid the long wait period for cracking he CEM via VDASH. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by EdVQ37 View Post
      Forgive me if Iíve missed this, but the DIM reload is the same part number for TFT and non TFT DIMs. Could one not just hook up new DIM with the wires and then perform a DIM reload via VIDA? Or are the software packages different depending on the VIN when VIDA checks regardless of the same PT#s for reloads?

Iím just trying to avoid the long wait period for cracking he CEM via VDASH. 🙂
      VDASH is easier. Dealer reload costs you around the same as VDASH credits. Your suggestion has not been confirmed to work earlier. Only on phase2 modules you can do like this.

Forgive me if Iíve missed this, but the DIM reload is the same part number for TFT and non TFT DIMs. Could one not just hook up new DIM with the wires and then perform a DIM reload via VIDA? Or are the software packages different depending on the VIN when VIDA checks regardless of the same PT#s for reloads?

Iím just trying to avoid the long wait period for cracking he CEM via VDASH. 🙂
      Not sure about the later year, but the early year no, Vida will not do it as it wasn't an option for that car.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

I too have the DTSC issue on a 2012 sensus. Anyone figured out a solution for this yet. Have written to D5T5, but until now there has been radiosilence. I’d gladly pay a buck to have this sorted out...

Hi... Iíve been through and read that entire thread on sweedspeed would you believe, it seems that other people with late 2012 onwards are facing the same issue with a blank TFT display. The thread has several reports of people with earlier models where it just simply works, but for now on the newer cars the Russian or Polish modules are the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by C_boelling View Post
      I too have the DTSC issue on a 2012 sensus. Anyone figured out a solution for this yet. Have written to D5T5, but until now there has been radiosilence. I’d gladly pay a buck to have this sorted out...
      They have been radio silent with me as well. I have not received a response to the issue with DTSC on a 2012 w/ Sensus.

Quote Originally Posted by rothbox View Post
      They have been radio silent with me as well. I have not received a response to the issue with DTSC on a 2012 w/ Sensus.
      What is the issue?
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneS60 View Post
      What is the issue?
      Ever since I installed the upgraded DIM, I can no longer turn of the DTSC (Traction Control) within the Sensus Screen in my 2012 XC60. I can uncheck it, but it automatically rechecks itself within a second...

Ever since I installed the upgraded DIM, I can no longer turn of the DTSC (Traction Control) within the Sensus Screen in my 2012 XC60. I can uncheck it, but it automatically rechecks itself within a second...
      It never occurred to me to check it on mine but do you need to turn it ofF?
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

I spoke to Pavel a couple months ago over whatsapp in regards to the dtsc/esc issue.. at that point in time he said that it was a known issue and that he did not know how to control it... so it did not sound promising at that point.. from what I have seen, this issue effects pre-sensus vehicles as well as 2012 sensus xc60s.. not sure if 2013 xc60s are affected.. perhaps there was an upgrade to the sensus software of the 2013s that made them immune to the issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Sumps View Post
      I spoke to Pavel a couple months ago over whatsapp in regards to the dtsc/esc issue.. at that point in time he said that it was a known issue and that he did not know how to control it... so it did not sound promising at that point.. from what I have seen, this issue effects pre-sensus vehicles as well as 2012 sensus xc60s.. not sure if 2013 xc60s are affected.. perhaps there was an upgrade to the sensus software of the 2013s that made them immune to the issue..
      I have a theory about this. After looking up wiring diagrams when modifying my car (paddle shift retrofit and researching the DIM retrofit) I found that the modules operated on the same networks (High and low bus networks) for my 2013 as the 2014+ cars but the 2010-2012 cars were different.

I believe Volvo gave the 2013 cars all the same supporting software and modules for the 2013 but none of the hardware upgrades for some reason. That’s why the 2013 cars don’t suffer from the DTC issues.

I’ve ordered a new DIM and plan to load it onto my 2013 car via VIDA with an official DIM reload to test my theory.

If I’m correct, after adding the wiring the car should work flawlessly with the new DIM after the official reload and I should be able to turn off traction control at will.

If I’m not successful in my theory, I’ll use VDASH to load my DIM.
      DIM.

Hey guys... been years since i gave up on this upgrade but there seems to be progress in getting this thing to actually work. I have a my2012 S60 (manufactured late december of 2012) & i bought a dim off a 2014 s60 part #31412534. I added the two wires e.t.c but got a black screen. NOTHING! Now i see a lot of talk about vdash? I'm so confused... is it possible to do this upgrade on my car? What do i need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmichael02302 View Post
      Hey guys... been years since i gave up on this upgrade but there seems to be progress in getting this thing to actually work. I have a my2012 S60 (manufactured late december of 2012) & i bought a dim off a 2014 s60 part #31412534. I added the two wires e.t.c but got a black screen. NOTHING! Now i see a lot of talk about vdash? I'm so confused... is it possible to do this upgrade on my car? What do i need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Did you read the thread ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sumps View Post
      I have a theory about this. After looking up wiring diagrams when modifying my car (paddle shift retrofit and researching the DIM retrofit) I found that the modules operated on the same networks (High and low bus networks) for my 2013 as the 2014+ cars but the 2010-2012 cars were different.

I believe Volvo gave the 2013 cars all the same supporting software and modules for the 2013 but none of the hardware upgrades for some reason. That’s why the 2013 cars don’t suffer from the DTC issues.

I’ve ordered a new DIM and plan to load it onto my 2013 car via VIDA with an official DIM reload to test my theory.

If I’m correct, after adding the wiring the car should work flawlessly with the new DIM after the official reload and I should be able to turn off traction control at will.

DIM.
      This issue is unrelated to the S60 and is only a problem for pre-Sensus and earlier P3 XC60s. None of our 2012s with TFT DIMs have issues with DTSC.

I am curious to see if your late 2013 can do a DIM reload through VIDA. We (myself and the owners of the affected 2013 cars like yours that have the right modules/connections to support the DIM; some early 2013s do not) had discussed this ad nauseum at the beginning of this thread journey but no one ever wanted to pay for the subscription to VIDA to try it. In my '12, it won't even recognize the DIM (for obvious reasons) but then again, it worked fine without any intervention from VDASH either (minus the turn by turn), so it's a moot point.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmichael02302 View Post
      Literally the first post dude.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

I believe Volvo gave the 2013 cars all the same supporting software and modules for the 2013 but none of the hardware upgrades for some reason. Thatís why the 2013 cars donít suffer from the DTC issues.

Iíve ordered a new DIM and plan to load it onto my 2013 car via VIDA with an official DIM reload to test my theory.

If Iím correct, after adding the wiring the car should work flawlessly with the new DIM after the official reload and I should be able to turn off traction control at will.

If Iím not successful in my theory, Iíll use VDASH to load my DIM.
      DIM.
      Could be true. Mine V60 is December 2012, I did not have to use vdash, my TFT worked plug n play + two wires and no problems to turn off DTSC through Sensus menu.

Quote Originally Posted by renegats View Post

DIM.
      Could be true. Mine V60 is December 2012, I did not have to use vdash, my TFT worked plug n play + two wires and no problems to turn off DTSC through Sensus menu.
      I’m hoping so! Just waiting for my DIM to arrive. 🙂

Decided to “jailbreak” my CEM today just in case the VIDA reload doesn’t work. That way I can just use VDASH right away. Took me only 7.5 hrs to unlock the CEM. Is that a record? lol

BTW, Does anyone know the gauge of wire at the OBD port? I'm not sure what size of tap I need.

BTW, Does anyone know the gauge of wire at the OBD port? I'm not sure what size of tap I need.
      Pretty sure itís 18-22 gauge or something similar for the tap. The posi-taps are color coordinated, so you can take a look at p.ricoís pics and just match up with the size they used (or anyone else who took pictures of their install).

Hello. In this thread many people disassembled instrument cluster, anybody know partnum or some marking on TFT lcd? Or specs? It is IPS? resolution approximately 800x480? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nobirth View Post
      Pretty sure it’s 18-22 gauge or something similar for the tap. The posi-taps are color coordinated, so you can take a look at p.rico’s pics and just match up with the size they used (or anyone else who took pictures of their install).
      Thanks for the tip!

Decided to ďjailbreakĒ my CEM today just in case the VIDA reload doesnít work. That way I can just use VDASH right away. Took me only 7.5 hrs to unlock the CEM. Is that a record? lol
      Mine was around the 7-8 hour mark as well.

Someone got lucky and was within the first hour.

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      Decided to “jailbreak” my CEM today just in case the VIDA reload doesn’t work. That way I can just use VDASH right away. Took me only 7.5 hrs to unlock the CEM. Is that a record? lol
      Mine was around the 7-8 hour mark as well.

Someone got lucky and was within the first hour. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.swedespeed.com/images/smilies/partyrave.gif[/IMG]
      First hour!! I would have bought a lottery ticket after HAHA.

So after my CEM was unlocked, I think almost every module my car had lost communication with the CEM and the car was mainly unresponsive except the radio and car still tuned on but everything else was dead.

After almost freaking out I noticed the “restart” button in the top corner of the VDASH program and decided to click it as I was desperate to get my car working again regardless if it “factory rest” everything (which is does not lose the decoded PIN for the CEM so don’t worry) and after 30 LONG second it felt like the car quickly rebooted everything and was back to normal and functioning at 100% with the newly decoded CEM ring preserved.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but if it saves someone from having a heart attack like I almost had then it’s worth mentioning lol.

I haven’t finished the retrofit part yet as I’ll be trying to use VIDA to try and reload the new DIM without VDASH. Using VDASH to unlock my CEM was only precautionary in case I do indeed need to use VDASH to make things work properly. I’ll make a post with my findings shortly.
      Last edited by EdVQ37; 04-05-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I thought the knowledge could be found in this thread. I think I have found myself a DIM that works. Its from my previous V60 2016 that is still very much in use, and rather than searching for another working DIM for my 2011 S60, I thought I'd just buy another one for the donor car. As I understand it, its not as hard since they have the TFT DIM from factory, or am I mistaken?

The donor car is a 2016 V60 D4 VEA FWD Automatic with somewhere arount 70000km. Which of these do I need to consider when purchasing another DIM? Automatic of course, but the rest? Mileage? I found one from a D3 2016 6-speed auto, with higher miles. I suspect that will work, any ideas?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51