2014+ TFT DIM Retrofit into 2011-2013 S60 - Page 55
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55
    Results 1,891 to 1,919 of 1919
      Quote Originally Posted by Mbarocker View Post
      Hi Pavel,

Noticed that open trunk/gas tank does not trigger cluster message - hood does any thoughts?
      You should try emailing them directly. I doubt he will respond here.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post
      Looks like your attachment isn't working.
      What about now?
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      You should try emailing them directly. I doubt he will respond here.
      Thank you prico I emailed the [email protected] email hope right one and thank you prico for your instructions it helped me a lot

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneS60 View Post
      What about now?
      Have you looked up Swedish road signs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_s...ad_sign_E3.svg
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Took a while but here is the photo of the random blue car in the TFT display.

Attachment 62975
      Working now. Looks like the Expressway Begins sign. Not sure where you are, but it looks exactly like that sign in Germany.
      https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Drive-S...oad-Signs.aspx
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      Have you looked up Swedish road signs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_s...ad_sign_E3.svg
      Working now. Looks like the Expressway Begins sign. Not sure where you are, but it looks exactly like that sign in Germany.
      https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Drive-S...oad-Signs.aspx

Lol I live in Adelaide South Australia, there are literally 2 freeways in the whole town and I wasn't near either when this picture came up. Oh well at least it means something and it does come up in the place where the current speed limit shows, so the car is picking up some cue from road signs and displaying this.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust

Hi Pavel,

Noticed that open trunk/gas tank does not trigger cluster message - hood does any thoughts?
      Not sure if V60 is different in that regard, but V70 doesn't monitor (or lock) the gas cap at all.

Does everything else in the trunk work? Wiper, lock etc?
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

Good message but no open trunk message I can swap DIMs and look to Mae sure but I am pretty sure there was an open trunk message

Good message but no open trunk message I can swap DIMs and look to Mae sure but I am pretty sure there was an open trunk message
      I experienced the following messages on the TFT DIM retrofit MY13
      V60 DIM messages
      -image) Oil level low
      -image) SeatBelts not used
      -image) Trunk open, Doors Open
      -image) Light switch on parking lights please enable low beam

-text) Alarm went off
      -text) Alarm interior sensor deactivated
      -text) SeatMemory1 2 3 stored
      -text) Low fuel level

Quote Originally Posted by GruttePier View Post
      I experienced the following messages on the TFT DIM retrofit MY13
      V60 DIM messages
      -image) Oil level low
      -image) SeatBelts not used
      -image) Trunk open, Doors Open
      -image) Light switch on parking lights please enable low beam

-text) Alarm went off
      -text) Alarm interior sensor deactivated
      -text) SeatMemory1 2 3 stored
      -text) Low fuel level
      Did u go via Vdash or did u just install w no vdash? Also what year model is your tft from and what year model is your car?

Did u plug in the two extra wires?

Save Me

Success! Thanks a lot for your help GruttePier - you are the only person that helped me - didn't hear a thing back from D5T5.

The issue was partly due to your advice which I did not follow and isn't in the Wiki. I did not disconnect the battery prior to doing the wiring and so blew the 5A DIM fuse under the dash. So I disconnected the battery, reconnected the posti-taps behind the OBD, replaced the 5A fuse, reconnected the battery plugged the tft in and whoa-la all working! Then I ran the rest of the TFT wizard etc and all is good.

They should put this in the TFT Wiki, "Disconnect battery before attempting the wiring!"

There is one more error code below I am unsure of, hopefully this isn't an issue.

I also have a 2nd TFT dim. Is it possible to fit this one instead if I thought it was in better condition or would I need to pay 125 Euros again?

Attachment 61849
      Attachment 61851
      Attachment 61853
      im having sames problem where bouts is located 5A DIM fuse that you are taking about

Quote Originally Posted by luilopes84 View Post
      im having sames problem where bouts is located 5A DIM fuse that you are taking about
      Under the dashboard. Check your manual which fuse it is.
      V60 D5 MY2011 Cosmic White Summum with paddles, TFT DIM and lots of goodies!

Join my V60/S60/XC60 Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/554335975021371

I performed the TFT retrofit to my '12 XC70 using Vdash, last week. All went well (decoded PIN within half an hour), and I really like the end result: taking years off my dash. Everything works, except the eco/power meters. I am wondering, though if there are any updates to that: it should be possible to get them to work (as we have people with working dials, even in 2010-2013 cars). Also: is there some sort of blog/thread/forum to follow about updates? d5t5.com doesn't show much news, but I have seen some news around (new graphics, start up logo etc), but never in one place...

Hi i try 3 different tft cluster in my 2011 XC70 T6 and no one work, i do the cem decode and going fast 2 hrs, when is the time to read the old dim to put all the data in the new tft, the vdash stop and say to me c'ant read the dim check wirring. And my original dim work perfect, i dont no what to do now.
      Last edited by Volvobeat; 09-16-2020 at 08:08 PM.
      V70 t5 98 auto + ARD Blue + 19T angle flange + downpipe 3 inch whit cat high flow 3 inch. Intake spacer 1/4, eurosport Ultra-Flo Air Intake , snabb performance fresh air pipe, greddy PRofec B-Spec II boost contol

Quote Originally Posted by Volvobeat View Post
      Hi i try 3 different tft cluster in my 2011 XC70 T6 and no one work, i do the cem decode and going fast 2 hrs, when is the time to read the old dim to put all the data in the new tft, the vdash stop and say to me c'ant read the dim check wirring. And my original dim work perfect, i dont no what to do now.
      Did you add the 2 additional wires?
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

The additional wires are just for the fuel gauge and gear indicator. The DIM should light up and show everything else without them (except maybe the Power).
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      The additional wires are just for the fuel gauge and gear indicator. The DIM should light up and show everything else without them (except maybe the Power).
      My 2010 did not work without the wires. I tried without first to make sure the DIM worked, but had to add the wires for it to work.

I am about to venture down the TFT cluster replacement (using vdash on my 2012 xc60) and just want to know before my parts arrive:

Can I brick my car?
      Can I undo the work and return to my original cluster, if necessary?
      Will my mileage carry over to the replacement TFT?

Any other, ‘man, I wish I did this during my installation’?
      (sorry a 51 page thread is a lot to process.)

Not going to say it’s impossible to brick the car, but as long as you carefully follow the steps here you shouldn’t.

Can’t remember for sure whether you need to use VDash with a 2012. Pretty much everything worked in my 2011 except for the power/eco gauges (which don’t work even after VDash anyway), and the TPMS warning light stayed on because I have the in-wheel sensors and the DIM was set for the rotational sensors... it was worth the VDash price to me to have working TPMS... there have been a couple of occasions where it has saved me from what could have been quite tricky situations...

There is a option in VDash to revert to original... can’t vouch for it since I haven’t wanted to do it.

It will grab your mileage from your car... can’t quite remember whether it was shortly after firing up the first time, to second time.

It does reset your average consumption/speed and service reminder countdown... don’t skimp on the pins for the OBD>Dim connections... buy the Volvo repair wires in the thread above: I did at first try some that I had lying around from old computers, they were almost the same but not quite, and the connection was intermittent... put a good thick mat on the floor to kneel on when you’re tapping into the OBD wires
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyphus61 View Post
      Not going to say it’s impossible to brick the car, but as long as you carefully follow the steps here you shouldn’t.

Can’t remember for sure whether you need to use VDash with a 2012. Pretty much everything worked in my 2011 except for the power/eco gauges (which don’t work even after VDash anyway), and the TPMS warning light stayed on because I have the in-wheel sensors and the DIM was set for the rotational sensors... it was worth the VDash price to me to have working TPMS... there have been a couple of occasions where it has saved me from what could have been quite tricky situations...

There is a option in VDash to revert to original... can’t vouch for it since I haven’t wanted to do it.

It will grab your mileage from your car... can’t quite remember whether it was shortly after firing up the first time, to second time.

It does reset your average consumption/speed and service reminder countdown... don’t skimp on the pins for the OBD>Dim connections... buy the Volvo repair wires in the thread above: I did at first try some that I had lying around from old computers, they were almost the same but not quite, and the connection was intermittent... put a good thick mat on the floor to kneel on when you’re tapping into the OBD wires
      Thank you for this. I got my cluster but am awaiting the odb unit from eBay (China). I’ll wait until I have both before I install.

Yes but you supose to do it after e read the tft, excuse my english. And the think is when a put the tft in a 2011 S60 T6 is work all.
      Last edited by Volvobeat; 10-04-2020 at 07:09 PM.
      V70 t5 98 auto + ARD Blue + 19T angle flange + downpipe 3 inch whit cat high flow 3 inch. Intake spacer 1/4, eurosport Ultra-Flo Air Intake , snabb performance fresh air pipe, greddy PRofec B-Spec II boost contol

Yes and the think is i put the tft i have in a s60 2011 T6 is work all
      Last edited by Volvobeat; 10-05-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Stupid Question #2,359 - How do I change the time with the new TFT? The old one had a small black physical stalk.

Stupid Question #2,359 - How do I change the time with the new TFT? The old one had a small black physical stalk.
      I belive you do that through your MY CAR settings in your Headunit.

Sendt fra min VOG-L29 med Tapatalk
      XC60 2011 (MY2012) AT AWD 2.4D - 2014+ TFT DIM retrofit - 2013 gear selector - 9" android Heaunit + rear cam - IPD DRL

Quote Originally Posted by uhdamm View Post

Correct. It will adjust automatically to what the car is set to (both language and time). Prior to VDASH, this was a common problem with certain units being retrofitted into cars. For some vehicles, like my 2012 T6, the DIM spoke to the car, but that was a rare case.

If you don't have that option (i.e. car is too old), you can adjust it with vdash.

Quote Originally Posted by uhdamm View Post

Ah yes got it thanks!

Volvobeat - be mindful of the TFT you are going with. What i mean by that is if you have a 2011, do not try to put a 2015 or 2016 TFT in. There have been a few here who have tried and failed. I ended up replacing my 2012 with a 2014 TFT model and it worked perfectly(including adding the two extra wires). If possible try to keep the TFT within 2 or 3 years at most of your current model.
      In the driveway: 2012 S60 T6 AWD | Black/Beechwood | Premium/Climate/Convenience Packages | BLIS | Sunroof | Active Bending Bi-Xenon | iPd Skid Plate | TFT DIM upgrade (mine), ... Former - 2006 S40 2.4i M56
      2009 Acura RDX & 1995 Celica GT Convertible (wife), 2017 GMC Sierra SLE | Elevation Edition | Crew Cab (son)

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
      Volvobeat - be mindful of the TFT you are going with. What i mean by that is if you have a 2011, do not try to put a 2015 or 2016 TFT in. There have been a few here who have tried and failed. I ended up replacing my 2012 with a 2014 TFT model and it worked perfectly(including adding the two extra wires). If possible try to keep the TFT within 2 or 3 years at most of your current model.
      I have a 2016 DIM from a V70 in my MY2011 V60. Works without any problem.
      V60 D5 MY2011 Cosmic White Summum with paddles, TFT DIM and lots of goodies!

Join my V60/S60/XC60 Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/554335975021371

32. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55