2014+ TFT DIM Retrofit into 2011-2013 S60 - Page 48
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48
    Results 1,646 to 1,666 of 1666
      Hey everyone,

I decoded my CEM and ran the two wires. However, when I plug in the new cluster nothing happens other than it making some type of noise for a few seconds. Tried reading alot of this thread but its incredibly long.

I have a 2010 S80 and grabbed a 2014 TFT cluster 36011272.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I assume that you used Vdash,decode cem and then run the tft retrofit wizard from vdash with your old dim connected,it finishes and tells you to connect the two wires and your new dim,when its done you have to continue in vdash.

https://d5t5.com/wiki/wiki/article-tft-retrofit
      Last edited by tallaploomi; 11-17-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tallaploomi View Post
      I assume that you used Vdash,decode cem and then run the tft retrofit wizard from vdash with your old dim connected,it finishes and tells you to connect the two wires and your new dim,when its done you have to continue in vdash.

https://d5t5.com/wiki/wiki/article-tft-retrofit
      Yeah I followed the wiki to a T. VDASH can’t see the new one. It’s odd being everyone says there’s boots regardless of the two wires.

I’ll use a volt meter to verify that the two wires are producing something. But still odd I can hear the speaker make some type of nose when it’s connected.

The recycler I got it from locally pulled it working so I’m not entirely sure it’s faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Volvo: 05 S60 2.4 M56 | 10 S80 3.2

Others: 19 GMC Canyon 3.6 | 70 GMC Carryall | 61 Chevy Corvair

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Masteraustin View Post
      Yeah I followed the wiki to a T. VDASH can’t see the new one. It’s odd being everyone says there’s boots regardless of the two wires.

I’ll use a volt meter to verify that the two wires are producing something. But still odd I can hear the speaker make some type of nose when it’s connected.

The recycler I got it from locally pulled it working so I’m not entirely sure it’s faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      They usually do a "clicky" sound when connected and recognized (non-recognized doesn't click, or at least didn't back when we had contact with Vesper &#129326, so it could be faulty as you say.

Might want to contact support and see if they can help you, they're usually pretty quick to respond (depending on hours of course).
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

I went ahead and connected the new DIM directly to the battery and same result, just kind of a buzzy sound for a second or two. I'm almost thinking its faulty.
      Volvo: 05 S60 2.4 M56 | 10 S80 3.2

Others: 19 GMC Canyon 3.6 | 70 GMC Carryall | 61 Chevy Corvair

Quote Originally Posted by Steffe View Post
      Yeah, it saves to the server during the decoding (and probably why it requires a connection while doing it). I used both a netbook (horribly slow), and my stationary PC via a USB-extension (way faster ).
      I used a notebook and it ran out of memory so i switched to a different laptop. I did this using the mobile hotspot on my phone with bad service. It took 19 hours!

Anyone here succeeded to replace the cluster on 14/15 model WITHOUT USING VDASH ? (with new analog cluster with one dial in the middle that dosent need new wiring)
      I am not sure that i want to crack my system, i am afraid that if i have in the future problems with the car the dealer will see that i cracked the system and wouldn't want to mess with it....

@masteraustin

It is normal that the virtual display is dark before the vdash reprogramming. It does not have to mean the display is faulty. If you have a display that matches your volvo model you could be lucky. The virtual display will boot on the first try.
      In most cases the donor will be from a different volvo model. vdash then will need to reprogram the display. before it can boot.
      If vdash does not find the display In most cases the two wires are not good connected.
      I would double check the wiring before getting a different virtual display.
      For the best connection I always solder the wires direcly to the wires of the diagnostic port.

Quote Originally Posted by yarok78 View Post
      Anyone here succeeded to replace the cluster on 14/15 model WITHOUT USING VDASH ? (with new analog cluster with one dial in the middle that dosent need new wiring)
      I am not sure that i want to crack my system, i am afraid that if i have in the future problems with the car the dealer will see that i cracked the system and wouldn't want to mess with it....
      Cracking the ECM isn't actually doing anything to the ECM. Vdash is figuring out the secret PIN for the ECM to make the configuration changes. These changes are the same things that can be done via real Vida, but through Vdash since it now "cracked" the ECM PIN.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post
      Cracking the ECM isn't actually doing anything to the ECM. Vdash is figuring out the secret PIN for the ECM to make the configuration changes. These changes are the same things that can be done via real Vida, but through Vdash since it now "cracked" the ECM PIN.
      That being said, do you think all these cars need for the retrofit is a “DIM Reload” via VIDA? If you can get access to VIDA of course.

There’s been mention of people having a “friend” with access to VIDA Doing the retrofit for people. I’m starting to think it’s just a “DIM Reload“ or “DIM Upgrade” software from VIDA in addition to the extra wires of course.

Quote Originally Posted by EdVQ37 View Post
      That being said, do you think all these cars need for the retrofit is a “DIM Reload” via VIDA? If you can get access to VIDA of course.

There’s been mention of people having a “friend” with access to VIDA Doing the retrofit for people. I’m starting to think it’s just a “DIM Reload“ or “DIM Upgrade” software from VIDA in addition to the extra wires of course.
      1. I have VIDA can it be done for free or with extra charge?
      2. Is there any chance that once i connect to new DIM it will simply work ? (plug & play)

I think that depends on if your car was a year that had the TFT DIM as an option. The earlier ones did not, do Vida is not able to do it.

2. Is there any chance that once i connect to new DIM it will simply work ? (plug & play)
      1: Not if the TFT DIM wasn't an option for the model like the earlier ones.
      2: Depends on the year.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post

I think that depends on if your car was a year that had the TFT DIM as an option. The earlier ones did not, do Vida is not able to do it.

So turns out the DIM reload is the exact same part number for the TFT display as the non TFT display cars...I’m starting to think, once the TFT retrofit is installed with the two wires...VIDA might get the car’s CEM to recognize the the new DIM via the “DIM reload”...I know the two DIM’s are on two different bus networks so there’s a high possibility is does nothing or a tiny chance it starts to “see” the new TFT DIM.

Once I find a DIM, I’ll give it a go. 🙂

I just completed the mod everything works except I have the tpms error but I expected this due to my car being a 2013 s60 and the dim being a 2015 s60.

Quote Originally Posted by volvosp40 View Post
      I just completed the mod everything works except I have the tpms error but I expected this due to my car being a 2013 s60 and the dim being a 2015 s60.
      Your “power”‘gauge works? Did you do anything different than the two wire install?

Quote Originally Posted by volvosp40 View Post
      So to be clear did you need VDASH or VIDA or any of these things or was it plug n play (apart fro the 2 wires)?
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Exhaust
      2012 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Ice White

My Volvo is a 2015 model

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneS60 View Post
      So to be clear did you need VDASH or VIDA or any of these things or was it plug n play (apart fro the 2 wires)?
      I needed VDASH. When I plugged in the dim the screen would power on and then turn black.

Yes the power and eco gauge work. I did the 2 wire install and ran the VDASH retrofit wizard.

I don’t know where I should post this but a couple of days after I completed this mod I’m getting a abs brake system failure message, coolant system maintenance check engine light etc. I changed the battery but that didn’t work. Does anybody think this might be a wiring issue related to the mod? I will try to pull the codes this Saturday

You can also try plugging the old cluster back in and see if you still get the warning lights.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

24. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48