2014+ TFT DIM Retrofit into 2011-2013 S60 - Page 54
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
    Results 1,856 to 1,890 of 1900
      Quote Originally Posted by GruttePier View Post
      DIM should be green, at least that's the end result for me when using the VDASH TFT Retrofit Wizard.
      I believe that is only for the Sensus cars. Pre-Sesnus cars like my 2010 XC60 cannot communicate with the DIM even after the wizard.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post
      I believe that is only for the Sensus cars. Pre-Sesnus cars like my 2010 XC60 cannot communicate with the DIM even after the wizard.
      Ah okay, good to know. This case is about 2013 S60, so P3 Sensus I think?

Ah okay, good to know. This case is about 2013 S60, so P3 Sensus I think?
      Yeah, I think the 2013 is Sensus. Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone reading that that has an earlier car.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I know this have been asked a million times but does the power and eco meters work at all? Can this be patched by D5T5 to work on MY2013?
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

Also I notice that although my Themes are changeable, my Contrast and colour options do not work, they are highlighted when the engine is on but when I click on them they just go away and it takes me back to the main screen. Also neither the themes, contrast or colour options appear with the ignition on only if the actual engine is on. Is that weird?
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneS60 View Post
      I know this have been asked a million times but does the power and eco meters work at all? Can this be patched by D5T5 to work on MY2013?
      Known bugs and limitations:

non-Sensus cars (S80, V/XC70III, XC60 up to -MY11)
      Eco/Power indicators do not work at all or do not show sensible information
      DSTC (ESC) cannot be turned off
      The Clock can be only set thru VDASH (after battery is disconnected or when summer/winter time changes)
      Service interval can be reset thru VDASH, not thru any other diagnostic software

Sensus cars (S60/V60 MY11-MY13, S80, V/XC70III, XC60 - MY12-MY13)
      Eco/Power indicators may not work depending on MY and the engine type
      Service interval can be reset thru VDASH, not thru any other diagnostic software

Also I notice that although my Themes are changeable, my Contrast and colour options do not work, they are highlighted when the engine is on but when I click on them they just go away and it takes me back to the main screen. Also neither the themes, contrast or colour options appear with the ignition on only if the actual engine is on. Is that weird?
      Maybe you should try your other DIM if it has the same behavior?? All works for me on MY13, eco/power and color background of themes show indeed after engine start, contrast makes the colors bit darker

Maybe you should try your other DIM if it has the same behavior?? All works for me on MY13, eco/power and color background of themes show indeed after engine start, contrast makes the colors bit darker
      I just received confirmation from D5T5 that I can not use a different DIM without paying another 125 Euros so that wont be happening. Anyone in Australia want to buy a TFT DIM from a 2014 S60 D4 Auto?

I just received confirmation from D5T5 that I can not use a different DIM without paying another 125 Euros so that wont be happening. Anyone in Australia want to buy a TFT DIM from a 2014 S60 D4 Auto?
      I'm pretty sure the glass comes off easily, so if the other one is better, it's not hardto swap the glass.

So to reply to my own post. I just realised that the Contrast and Colour options are just one option, I thought that they were each meant to open another sub menu with colour and contrast options within those menus.

As stated multiple times, this is a must do mod for pre2014 cars. I feel like I've bought a new car!

You can by new DIM glass separately - 31376800 Costs about 50 EUR.

+ how can you see how much retrofit will cost? Vdash gives me error about insufficient credit in wizzard, I don't know how much to add.

Quote Originally Posted by renegats View Post
      how can you see how much retrofit will cost? Vdash gives me error about insufficient credit in wizzard, I don't know how much to add.
      I wasn't able to find any pricing before adding credits either. I sent USD $300 and the cost was $280... still have $20 credit on file but can't really find anything I want to spend it on.
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

Cost me US$140 for the TFT DIM load a few weeks back, similarly loaded $200 and struggling to find anything else I really want without spending even more, and unwilling to do that just yet since I still haven’t heard back from d5t5 about my TPMS issue.
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

You can by new DIM glass separately - 31376800 Costs about 50 EUR.

+ how can you see how much retrofit will cost? Vdash gives me error about insufficient credit in wizzard, I don't know how much to add.
      I thought if you added something to your cart and then clicked the little money symbol it would show the cost. Maybe I'm mis-remembering that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyphus61 View Post
      Cost me US$140 for the TFT DIM load a few weeks back, similarly loaded $200 and struggling to find anything else I really want without spending even more, and unwilling to do that just yet since I still haven’t heard back from d5t5 about my TPMS issue.
      Jeez now I feel like I got hosed LOL... but maybe not, mine's an 09 and I understand that the earlier cars were the most difficult to get working.
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

I clicked on Car Configuration, TFT retrofit and it showed the price of 125 Euros and a link to pay that exact amount with either paypal or CC.

I did like you mentioned through car configuration. Price was 150 EUR including VAT. Without VAT 125 EUR. Car is MY2012.

I saw thar there are now more options for TFT skins, I guess they are experimental and custom made by Pavel as they are labeled option 7, option 8, etc.
      Has anybody tried?

are labeled option 7, option 8, etc.
      Has anybody tried?
      Nope, feel free to try these :P

I did like you mentioned through car configuration. Price was 150 EUR including VAT. Without VAT 125 EUR. Car is MY2012.

I saw thar there are now more options for TFT skins, I guess they are experimental and custom made by Pavel as they are labeled option 7, option 8, etc.
      Has anybody tried?
      Hmmm. I will pop on later and check myself if they show up for me.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Has anybody tried?
      They are working on custom theming. I didn't think they were done yet though.

Those options have been there for a pretty long while though. As I didn't get my TFT via them, I can't test them out though.
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

Until recently the only options I saw were the standard - Ocean Race, S60L, R-Design, Standard; none of the "new skins."

I didn't get a chance to hook up the DiCE today... maybe tomorrow.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

So yes, it appears now there is a Option #6 through Option #9 listed in the Advanced TFT section.

None of them do anything yet, though, so they're there for future updates.

Well I guess this is always a surprise, but this time I was pleasantly surprised to see this:

Seems my TPMS is working after all...

In other news, having driven much further than normal into a particular tankful in an attempt to maximize my supermarket earned Exxon discount points, I was amazed to see just how many warnings you get when you are running low on gas... I usually have MTE up on the display anyway, then once the yellow pump light illuminates you get MTE as a warning in the main screen, and then when MTE drops from 20 to - - : - - the bottom fuel segment turns red..

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyphus61 View Post
      I was amazed to see just how many warnings you get when you are running low on gas... I usually have MTE up on the display anyway, then once the yellow pump light illuminates you get MTE as a warning in the main screen, and then when MTE drops from 20 to - - : - - the bottom fuel segment turns red..
      It always seems like the time between those warnings is extraordinarily short. I go through all of those in the time it takes me to get to the gas station, which isn't even far.

It always seems like the time between those warnings is extraordinarily short. I go through all of those in the time it takes me to get to the gas station, which isn't even far.
      Same here. Thought it was just me, but it can go from warning (yellow) to "emergency" (red) within a minute for me.
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

It is! Freaked me out a little bit the first time it happened because of the new display and I wasn't sure how far I could trust the info... I mean, two miles ago I had 50 miles left and now it's "- - - -" hah... scramble for gas station...

A couple of other observations about the TFT display:

- Predicted mileage until next fill up can be wildly optimistic. Doesn't seem to have learned anything either, I've had the DIM in for probably six months now.
      - When cruise is engaged, it takes over the useful coolant temp gauge instead of the useless (MY'09) power/eco meter.
      - Upon engaging the cruise, the targeted speed is indicated briefly, then disappears into a simple line instead of remaining on
      - The high beam indicator is not very prominent
      - Gear indicator only works in manual mode

All minor quibbles... compared to the original DIM, it's really helping this old car age more gracefully.

I’ve always been amused by miles to empty since I got my c70 four years ago... it’s regular weekday life was a 20 minute each way suburban commute on mostly 35mph speed limit roads with a lot of hills, stop signs and lights... and given the short commute actual consumption not really a cost factor so I would usually make sure no cobwebs had developed in the turbocharger most days. when I filled it up on Friday morning MTE was rarely much more than 250 or so, then hitting the highway on Friday night it would climb steadily for the next hour or so, to the point that eighty miles later I would have a hundred miles or even more fuel than I started with . Kept my daughter bewildered for a year or two

The algorithm in the s60 doesn’t seem to be any more accurate, but to be fair there’s no way the car can predict its future, so all it can do is guess based on recent history.

Today when I was driving a square blue picture of a car showed up on the TFT in the right bottom corner near 7,000rpm of the rev counter in Sport view. It disappeared after about 30 seconds. Anyone know what this is?

Bump. Has no one seen this before on the TFT?

Nope. Take a photo of it next time.

Hi Guys, was able to do this procedure on a 12 s60 T5. Decide took around 12 hours and cost was the 140.00. Got TFT display from 15 s60 no TPMS error when installed but center console was black (only sides were visible).

You need the software from d5 for this to work, for wires I used shielded wires 18G from Home Depot and these wires worked great (cost around 3 bucks) for the Volvo terminal wires used Volvo 31450576 these wires slide right in and are not difficult to install.they are so thin that you need to reseat them when installing TFT display. Finally used positaps 18G (red) to tap into ODB port.

Everything worked glad I used the Home Depot wire (gray 18g they sell to your needed size, (3/4 ft more than enough for 12 s60) as it’s thick and shielded with cover and foil.

Anyways followed procedure on d5t5 to remove cluster, use battery charger (used dewalt), Windows 10 Pro PC (used Mac via boot camp), and dice unit from eBay to connect to car. Car went dark during procedure which really concerned me but once crack was finished car lights came back on. This is probably a safety in software to ensure user does not turn off ignition.

I can submit pics if anyone want to see wires etc but am happy with the result, I got everything I needed for way less than Volvo would charge for a new one they would not support in the car anyways. I had to buy dice unit but seems to be useful for other procedures as well.

Now on to navigation upgrade as I was able to install unit with IAM 2.1 in it, just need Volvo SW via VIDA and am good to go, will post those results in another thread.

But of advise is wires including repair terminals make a difference. I would use the 31450576 repair terminals and gray 18G shielded wire form Home Depot these things come in a plastic shell with additional foil coating, no signal issues for sure. Just use good car electrical tape to finished the job and cover the connections

Thanks to everyone on this thread while I don’t read every post, got idea of procedure and confidence to go for it, this was my first time removing cluster and installing wires so if I could do it anyone can! Any questions please let me know I want to help others with same car model as mine if possible.2012 S60 T5

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      Nope. Take a photo of it next time.
      Took a while but here is the photo of the random blue car in the TFT display.

Tft blue car.jpg
      Last edited by thezoneS60; 07-05-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Took a while but here is the photo of the random blue car in the TFT display.

Attachment 62933
      Looks like your attachment isn't working.

Hi Pavel,

Noticed that open trunk/gas tank does not trigger cluster message - hood does any thoughts?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast