SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Show Off! - XC60 Wheels, Tires, and Other Modifications

15K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  R-Design M&M 
#1 ·
Hi all - first, I'm new here... recently purchased a 2018 XC60 Inscription (Osmium Grey) and am loving everything about it so far (came over from Mercedes - 2014 C250 Sedan). I've enjoyed reading through the forums and all of the helpful tips, trick, etc. but haven't seen a thread that is specific to the various modifications that I'm sure have been done, or others might be considering (both interior and exterior). I personally love to tweak my vehicles so would love to get a thread going where everyone can talk about what they've done / are considering and show off pictures of their XC60s.

Personally, I've tinted the front windows to match the back and blacked out the badges and front lip (will post a picture as soon as I take one and figure out how to post it :D ). Considering continuing to black out some of the other chrome parts for a more aggressive look, but I also might leave it as is. Also considering an upgrade from the 20" Inscription wheels to the 21" 10 Spoke Matte Black R-Design wheels (if anyone is selling or potentially interested in some kind of trade, please let me know)!

What are others considering / already completed?

#2 ·
My Fusion Red XC60 will be so beautiful and I don't want to change it at all. lol
Well, not true. I don't have B&W but I am looking to get the B&W center dash speakers some day, and change the audio amplifier to a 5.1 one with Dolby surrounding processing.

#4 · (Edited)
Hi all - first, I'm new here... recently purchased a 2018 XC60 Inscription (Osmium Grey) and am loving everything about it so far (came over from Mercedes - 2014 C250 Sedan). I've enjoyed reading through the forums and all of the helpful tips, trick, etc. but haven't seen a thread that is specific to the various modifications that I'm sure have been done, or others might be considering (both interior and exterior). I personally love to tweak my vehicles so would love to get a thread going where everyone can talk about what they've done / are considering and show off pictures of their XC60s.

Personally, I've tinted the front windows to match the back and blacked out the badges and front lip (will post a picture as soon as I take one and figure out how to post it :D ). Considering continuing to black out some of the other chrome parts for a more aggressive look, but I also might leave it as is. Also considering an upgrade from the 20" Inscription wheels to the 21" 10 Spoke Matte Black R-Design wheels (if anyone is selling or potentially interested in some kind of trade, please let me know)!

Congrats on you XC. Do post pics. Great thread!

Just got my XC60 about 2 weeks ago so very much stock right now. Interesting you are thinking of blacking out the chrome would be good to see how that looks.
Was interested to see what exterior accessories are available, there doesn't seem to be much right now since its a new model. I was interested in running bars/skid plates and I do like the r-design matte satin mirror caps, would make a nice contrast to the black.
I am looking to add a clear bra once temperatures get above freezing and my garage can warm up... I don't see any options yet for a rear anti-roll bar but if one becomes available I think that would be a good mod, to reduce some of the lean in the corners. I am also planning on getting the polestar tune after the winter weather season..

#6 ·
Sorry... got sidetracked yesterday and today! Here are a few pictures... I realize it's dark since they are taken in a garage - will try to get a few in good sunlight as soon as the sun comes around again (cold and snowy currently). Like I said, so far I've blacked out the side mirrors, front lip and rear badges. Considering doing the side "Inscription" panels (not sure if thats the official name, but...).

Let me know if the link doesn't work...

Copy and Paste to browser -

#9 ·

Personally, I've tinted the front windows to match the back and blacked out the badges and front lip (will post a picture as soon as I take one and figure out how to post it
). Considering continuing to black out some of the other chrome parts for a more aggressive look, but I also might leave it as is. Also considering an upgrade from the 20" Inscription wheels to the 21" 10 Spoke Matte Black R-Design wheels (if anyone is selling or potentially interested in some kind of trade, please let me know)!

Congrats on you XC. Do post pics. Great thread!

Just got my XC60 about 2 weeks ago so very much stock right now. Interesting you are thinking of blacking out the chrome would be good to see how that looks.
Was interested to see what exterior accessories are available, there doesn't seem to be much right now since its a new model. I was interested in running bars/skid plates and I do like the r-design matte satin mirror caps, would make a nice contrast to the black.
I am looking to add a clear bra once temperatures get above freezing and my garage can warm up... I don't see any options yet for a rear anti-roll bar but if one becomes available I think that would be a good mod, to reduce some of the lean in the corners. I am also planning on getting the polestar tune after the winter weather season..
Agree that there aren't a ton of options currently, but hopefully that will change as time progresses. I'd be interested to see how the clear bra looks... I hadn't thought about that.

Also can't go wrong with the polestar...

#12 ·
Key Fob

Since I have a Momentum I do not have the fancy leather wrapped fob, so I just vinyl wrapped mine, until I decide to get the Volvo accessory ones. This is with 3M matte vinyl I had around from another project, took about 20 minutes. Sorry pictures are not focused well with my phone when doing a close up.

#19 ·

Congrats on the purchase! What factory installed options did your XC60 come with?
I would recommend staying away from 21" wheels, solely because the replacement cost for tires is far more than a 20" or 22" tire (unless you can get a road hazard warranty that will replace a 21" tire).

If you're interested in any Heico Sportiv parts for your XC60, please let me know! We are looking for some XC60's to "trailblaze" in the US market :)

#20 ·
Thanks! As far as factory installed options we pretty much maxed out on the packages available for the T6 Inscription (Charcoal perforated leather interior, Driftwood Inlays, Advanced Package, Convenience Package, Heated Seats/Wheel). We did not get the B&W surround sound or air suspension. I'm a bit of tweaker when it comes to cars (hence why I started this thread - to see what others have done / how it looks) so I'll probably continue to look to tweak what I can over the next few months or so.

Definitely interested in Heico Sportiv parts... I've taken a look briefly but will have to go back to the website for a second visit.

#26 ·
I just ordered a T6 Inscription. I have plenty of time to think about mods as delivery will not be until late June (yep...5 months).
But thinking of switching out the 20" Inscription wheels for the 21" R Design wheels. The 22" optional Inscription wheels are not only 2x the price of the 21's, but I can get all season rubber for the 21's. The 22's would require separate winter rubber.

#28 ·
Threads like this make me a little sad that I leased instead of purchased :(

I just now realized that the crease in the fenders is to allow for installation of the fender kits for larger wheels? Not sure I love that, the crease is a fairly strange design cue.

#29 ·
FYI...sharing in case this benefits anyone...

I just ordered DWS06 (conti performance AS tires) for my 22's without a problem from Tire Rack / also it is important to keep in mind when you order 22" wheels on the XC60 you also get the factory installed color matched fender flares - so the uplift you see in price for 22's is not just for the tires and wheels

#30 ·
Now the price difference makes more sense. But I still think I'll go with the 21" optional RDesign wheels on my Inscription when it arrives.

#34 ·
The wheels transform the look. I really don't understand why manufacturers insist on weak thin base wheels and tires. Even if you want the added rubber of smaller wheels, just make a nice wheel design that has the same overall size. This means wider, deeper(more relief to wheel), etc. Tire grip transforms many vehicles dynamically, too. Cheap round edged tires may get you 1mpg more, but they could cost you a lot in a panic situation.

#36 ·
Polestar Tune

Had this done a few days ago. As others have mentioned, real world driving performance difference is significant compared to stock, especially mid-range acceleration, throttle response and gear shift points, even in comfort mode it is so much better and in Dynamic it really goes...highly recommend it.

#38 ·
the xc60 looks really handsome in any colour, 9some colours more than others, perhaps) but not so much for a bright silver one when it is covered in dirt and salt during the vermont winter months.

#39 ·
I'm considering changing the wheels for my XC60 (see earlier post for pictures) to continue to upgrade the overall look to my liking. I really like the 21 inch triple spoke matte black wheels but can't really justify the price of purchasing those plus new tires. I'm curious if anyone has seen, or has a picture of an XC60 with blacked out wheels?! I'm thinking a cheaper option might be to plastidip or powedercoat the wheels matte black but I want to know how it will look before making the plunge even though both are reversible.

Anyone seen anything like that?? Thanks in advance!

#40 ·
I'm considering changing the wheels for my XC60 (see earlier post for pictures) to continue to upgrade the overall look to my liking. I really like the 21 inch triple spoke matte black wheels but can't really justify the price of purchasing those plus new tires. I'm curious if anyone has seen, or has a picture of an XC60 with blacked out wheels?! I'm thinking a cheaper option might be to plastidip or powedercoat the wheels matte black but I want to know how it will look before making the plunge even though both are reversible.

Anyone seen anything like that?? Thanks in advance!
I know it's an XC90, but it should give you an idea of black wheels. For sale at our local version of Ebay, so there's multiple angles with the black wheels for you to see.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/volvo/auction-1550411783.htm

#42 ·
Just chiming in to say I saw my first next gen XC60 in the wild over the weekend.
Can down into the little village at St Simons Island, GA while we were on vacation.

Looked great stopping for the light.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.