2wglobal removed cargo ID tracking
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2wglobal removed cargo ID tracking

On their website today I found I can only track by booking number, or bill of lading number. I have to use saved booking number from previous query. Without these two numbers I wouldn't be able to track my car now.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 01-21-2018 at 02:53 PM.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It’s on a boat, you just track the boat on maritime tracker. The car isn’t going anywhere by itself
      Hers - 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription via OSD His - 2016 MB C300 Sport 4matic
      Just for fun - 2001 Honda S2000 - also hers

Without the ability to place a particular VIN on a particular boat, we won’t know which boat to track!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CJFAero View Post
      Without the ability to place a particular VIN on a particular boat, we won’t know which boat to track!
      WWL also provides some useful info for truck transportation after the vehicle gets off the boat. For OSD order, it probably is quite easy to get FDC help to get the Booking Number. For custom order placed by dealers, they should be able to get the booking number and bill of lading number. Just a little more hassle for them to communicate to buyers, something they are not good at.

Fortunately, they didn't remove the field from the Javascript that submits the form, so we can still submit requests "by hand" using something like Postman. I'm working on something I can share with future OSDers to be able to continue querying by VIN. I'm doing it in my free time (of which there isn't much these days), but it shouldn't take me long.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigofalvarez View Post
      Fortunately, they didn't remove the field from the Javascript that submits the form, so we can still submit requests "by hand" using something like Postman. I'm working on something I can share with future OSDers to be able to continue querying by VIN. I'm doing it in my free time (of which there isn't much these days), but it shouldn't take me long.
      Make an app and you can sell for $2 !

Why have WW removed the Cargo search field?

Well, this sucks. My V90 just came off the assembly line on Friday, I got the VIN today, and now WW disables the search by Cargo ID over the weekend. I will just have to guess which ship my car is loaded on. Fortunately, there is only one WW ro-ro auto carrier per week leaving Göteborg for North America, so I can make an educated guess based on past experience that it will be on the next auto carrier out of port, which is the Toreador, on Thursday of this week.
      Current: 2020 V60 T5 FWD, Denim Blue/Blonde, Momentum, Multimedia, Premium, Advanced, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, 19" Five Spoke Cut Rims
      Current: 2018 V90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Charcoal, Inscription, Dark Flame Birch, Convenience, no B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Black Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel
      Past: 2017 S90 T5 FWD;2 x 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD; 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Well, this sucks. My V90 just came off the assembly line on Friday, I got the VIN today, and now WW disables the search by Cargo ID over the weekend. I will just have to guess which ship my car is loaded on. Fortunately, there is only one WW ro-ro auto carrier per week leaving Göteborg for North America, so I can make an educated guess based on past experience that it will be on the next auto carrier out of port, which is the Toreador, on Thursday of this week.
      Message me the VIN and I'll find the ship for you.

FWIIW: the lead time from date of order to factory production for my special-order V90 was only six weeks, which must be some sort of record. Maybe the demand for NA V90 components is not particularly constricted. Perhaps it is also worth noting that, of the 211 vehicles that Torslanda produced for the NA market in week 3 of this calendar year, there was only one passenger car among them: my V90! The remaining 210 were all "multi-purpose" vehicles, i.e., XC90s, V90CCs, and XC60s. I try to look at the bright side: if week 3 was a statistically-valid sample, VCNA should be right on target for selling 50 V90s in 2018. Admittedly this might sound a bit pathetic, but if more NA wagon fans would step up and do their fair share, we could easily attain a sales goal of five V90s per month for the entire year...
      Current: 2020 V60 T5 FWD, Denim Blue/Blonde, Momentum, Multimedia, Premium, Advanced, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, 19" Five Spoke Cut Rims
      Current: 2018 V90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Charcoal, Inscription, Dark Flame Birch, Convenience, no B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Black Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel
      Past: 2017 S90 T5 FWD;2 x 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD; 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Has there been any explanation as to why the Cargo search field was removed by WW?

Somebody posted in XC90 subforum, asked WWL and the response is for privacy and security.

Hi all,

Any chance somebody can help me track by VIN? I'm a new member so I can't seem to PM, but perhaps I can respond to a PM with my VIN if somebody is kind enough to help?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by qik_shift View Post
      Hi all,

Any chance somebody can help me track by VIN? I'm a new member so I can't seem to PM, but perhaps I can respond to a PM with my VIN if somebody is kind enough to help?

Thanks.
      Sending a PM......
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Awaiting Approval
      Quote Originally Posted by rodrigofalvarez View Post

Hi! I came across your posting on this matter by accident today. I am not a Volvo owner but a BMW's, but they both use ww to ship.

I used to use cargo id/VIN to track my current car back in 2015, but now searching by cargo id is removed. You said you can still use Postman to set RESTful api method to get it?

My VIN is WBA 5U9C0XLFJ00843.

Can you help me to get the booking number, Bill of Lading Number or Customer Reference Number that I can use to search on ww website?? Thanks.

I am a software developer as well, but I am more of a iOS dev than web dev. So I don't know too much about how to get these HTML, JS code from website. If you are kind enough, can you tell me as well?
      Also, since I am not a Volvo owner, I won't be on this forum much. Can you reply me by email ?
      [email protected]
      Thank you!

Hello Tommy, please refer to this post of mine and the one before that:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...=1#post7440841

Geoff

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements