- Oct 23, 2017: Order date
- Nov 2017: Build date
- Jan 27, 2018: Delivery date
- Feb 15: Interior Pictures
- Feb 17: Accessory: Emergency Triangle
- Feb 17: Modification: Sunglasses Holder
- Feb 24: First Snow Storm (pictures)
- Feb 28: Journey Continues Glitch #1: Radio Turns On As Soon As Door Is Opened
- Mar 1: How Much Energy / Cost to Recharge T8: One Month Stats
- Mar 7: Odometer=1157 km Journey Continues Glitch #2 - Parking Climate Limited
- Mar 10: Rear Dash Cam installed
- Mar 21: A119S Dash cam and V1 Radar Detector Installed (Hardwired)
- Mar 24: Sun Visor Air Bag Warning Stickers Covered
- Apr 29: Odometer=2840 km Interior Programmable USB LED Lights Installed
- May 5: Rear Dash Cam Reinstalled and Rewired
- May 20: Rear Dashcam Re-wired once again! - Hard wired this time!
- May 26: Vinyl Doorsill Protection added
- Jun 23: Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (42)
- Jul 2: Two pictures at a charging station during sunset
- Jul 20: Odometer=6045 km Battery Compartment Cover warranty replacement.
- Jul 27: Road Trip Report with Thule Evolution 1800 Cargo Box
- Aug 3: Odometer=6952 km Blue reflective tape applied to interior door edges
- Aug 10: Odometer=7133 km Aftermarket Stainless Steel Bumper Sill Protector installed
- Sep 9: Odometer=8342 km Aftermarket door courtesy/puddle lights installed
- Nov 19: ChargePoint Home Level 2 240v/32A plug-in charger installed.
- Dec 28: Odometer=12594 km First maintenance service: Oil change, top-up fluids, full safety check, Sensus software update, no issues--Total cost=$150 CAD. There have been no problems at all in the first year of ownership.
- Dec 31: 2018 Total Average Fuel Consumption: 4.26L/100km (55 mpg). Distance travelled=12712 km, Fuel used=541 L.
Actually, the journey began 3 months ago, when we put down a non-refundable deposit and custom ordered an XC90 T8 R-Design in Bursting Blue. After countless hours of lurking on the forums and anxious waiting in anticipation, I got the call from our salesperson last week and picked up our new ride yesterday. The journey is now official .
First, here is the build configuration:
2018 XC90 R-Design T8 eAWD
- Bursting Blue
- Carbon Fiber Inlays
- Vision Package
- Convenience Package
- Leather Package
- Climate Package
- Graphical Heads-Up Display (HUD)
- 4-Corner Air Suspension w/Four-C Active Chassis
- Protection Package Accessory
Pictures from Delivery Day....
Ooh, I wonder what's under the cover?!!
Red, White, and Blue!
2 Week Update: I finally got around to installing the crossbars that I ordered with the XC90. I was missing a Thule Core Key to change the locks from my old crossbars to the new ones but I visited Rack Attack and they gave me the key for free .