Air Suspension Warning - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

air suspension problem in XC60 MY2018 inscription

I have the same problem. The air suspension does not work and "service need" warning appear.

I have already done 54000km after 12 months

The dealer says that is a compressor issue.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cold weather + moisture appears to be the compressor's achilles heel.
      OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

Mine goes in this coming Friday for a clunking coming out of the front end at speeds under 20mph. This was also an issue on air suspension equipped XC90’s as well.
      18 XC60 T6 Inscription- everything except lux seating
      12 VW Eos Executive
      Past Volvo’s: 2016 V60 T5 Platinum FWD, 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Change compressor and fuse, update software and finally everything is ok again.
      Everything is free (cover by warranty)
      Thanks volvo
      XC60 MY 2018, D5 AWD Inscription, Denim blue, Air suspension, Business pro, Xenium pro, Panorama, Autopilot, park assist pilot, Klima pro, Nappa Leather, Media server with Digital TV, Head up display

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      For the XC60, yes it is 2018 only. For XC90, the bulletin applies to 2016-2018.
      Yesterday, I stopped at a store & when I restarted the vehicle, I had a "Suspension Failed" message. Just seems strange that it would occur so suddenly after 16 months of ownership & 29k miles. I am scheduled to take it to the dealer next week & will report then. Dealer reiterated the issue with a bunch of 2016 XC90's but has not seen this with XC60's. The suspension seems to be working but can not be adjusted. Dealer assured me it is safe to drive in the meantime. They did say that one customer had one side of the car lower than the other & drove like that until a regular scheduled service?
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription, Pine Grey, Maroon Brown Interior, Polestar, Advanced, Vision, Convenience, Protection, Air Suspension, B&W, etc

The dealer does not know what caused the problem, but apparently, the Suspension Failure was a software problem. Dealer reloaded the latest software & suspension error disappeared & everything is working fine. It just seems strange that I have had the vehicle almost 1 1/2 years & have driven 30k miles without any issues, software or otherwise. I would think a software issue would have shown up almost immediately after delivery. I guess something happened to corrupt it.

This was also my first visit to a new dealer, having moved from NJ to TN recently. Dealer also performed the 30k service & was extremely friendly & professional.
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription, Pine Grey, Maroon Brown Interior, Polestar, Advanced, Vision, Convenience, Protection, Air Suspension, B&W, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
      All of the works performed seem to have fixed the issue, I just hope that it’s not an ongoing concern.
      Just has to take our 2018 XC60 T8 in to the service center in the States we normally use because we’d gotten the message that the suspension needed to be serviced. They diagnosed that the compressor needed to be replaced but had a new one in stock and did the work within a couple of hours. And it was all covered by our warranty so there was no charge to us.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2