VIP Warranty Claims
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VIP Warranty Claims

In reading my VIP documents I am seeing in the claim instructions got the car should be to return to the "Selling Dealer" for repairs and if that's not possible that you need to call Fidelity warranty services (Volvo VIP) for authorization. Like many of you I purchased mine from Steingold because they have the best price so going to the selling dealer from halfway across the country just isn't going to happen.
      So I'm wondering if anybody that purchased from dealer other than where they bought their car has had service done under the extended warranty and if so how did the pre-authorization process go?

I don't have an issue right now I'm just trying to plan for the future.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Bump.

I'm looking this over now. Are they referring to the dealer who sold the car? Or the dealer who sold the warranty?

In either case, how big a deal is it to go to an alternate dealer? I bought my car from a dealer that is 200 miles away, so there's no way I'm taking it back and forth to that dealer for warranty service.

No big deal at all. We have gotten 3 VIPs from Mike at Steingold and had all service done in WI

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

Forum Sponsor
      Hey all - wanted to chime in. Obviously, a vast number of folks here have purchased VIP Plans from us who are not normal service clients, since out of state. The verbiage in the contract referring to returning to the “Selling Dealer” is simply a “recommendation” to customers to keep service business local with dealers selling the plans. This is not a requirement by any means.

VIP Plans are valid NATIONWIDE, and can be used at all Volvo Retailers in the US and Canada. Although any retailer should be thrilled to have service business at their store, it is advised for customers to contact Volvo Corporate if one should encounter any difficulty.

This has been brought up many times, and wanted to help clear it up. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements