SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

My XC40 order is placed!

5K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Orphanscribe 
#1 ·
I'm getting the XC40 R-Design T5 AWD in Bright Silver Metallic with the standard 19'' wheels. It'll have the Premium Package, the Vision Package, the Advanced Package, the Heated Front Seats/Heated Steering Wheel Package and the Laminated Panoramic Moonroof.

MSRP, including destination fee, is $44,235. I'm paying $750 over invoice (which I think is $41,640) or $42,390 total.

Yes, OSD would have been $650 cheaper, and I would have gotten the two free airline tickets and the free night in a hotel on top of that; but it would have taken months longer. The expected delivery date for my order is April 2nd. I should have a more firm date within a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, my S60 was totaled 10 days ago by a reckless driver, so I don't have the luxury of time anymore to make OSD possible.

#3 ·
Seems like a solid deal for a new model and quick turnaround too - congrats!

#4 ·
Validation is always good. Haha. I'm second guessing my color choice now. It was between the Bright Silver Metallic, the Bursting Blue Metallic and the Osmium Grey Metallic. It's too late to change now though. I think the silver will look good contrasting with the black roof, the matte black wheels and the black cladding.

#10 ·
I almost did OSD but our vacation plans have changed so I ordered a Crystal White R-design with 20”wheels, Sunroof, heated seats, Premier, Vision, Advanced, Harman Kardon, load bards and tow hitch.
Can’t wait until it gets here!

#11 ·
I almost did OSD but our vacation plans have changed so I ordered a Crystal White R-design with 20"wheels, Sunroof, heated seats, Premier, Vision, Advanced, Harman Kardon, load bards and tow hitch.
Can't wait until it gets here!
That's a nice spec. Nobody's mentioned whether they opted for the orange carpet. I passed to preserve domestic tranquility. Any idea what the take rate on orange is on US orders?

#13 ·
Lovering Volvo in New Hampshire USA on there website and Facebook page “ ORDER YOUR XC40 IN FEBRUARY & WE’LL EXTEND YOUR COMPLIMENTARY FACTORY SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE FROM 3years or 36,000 miles to 5 years or 50,000 miles”

Are other getting this deal when order there XC40?

#16 ·
I made a tweak to my order. I'm changing the color from Bright Silver Metallic to Bursting Blue Metallic. I figured so many cars are white, black, grey or silver; why not have my car stand out a bit?

I think the Bursting Blue looks especially good in the XC40 because the black roof and the black cladding gives it a nice balance versus the all Bursting Blue in other models.

#18 ·
I made a tweak to my order. I'm changing the color from Bright Silver Metallic to Bursting Blue Metallic. I figured so many cars are white, black, grey or silver; why not have my car stand out a bit?

I think the Bursting Blue looks especially good in the XC40 because the black roof and the black cladding gives it a nice balance versus the all Bursting Blue in other models.
That's the color combination I'm leaning towards as well. Great choice; I've had a silver, black, medium gray, and now a dark gray car. For my next vehicle, I'm ready for some color.

Have you found any actual pictures of the Bursting Blue R-design? I've only seen it on the Volvo online configurator thing.

#20 ·
I ordered via Care by Volvo. A red Momentum with black leather interior. With the ridiculous cost of insurance in Boston, this made a lot of sense for me. Looking forward to hearing more from Volvo. I saw the XC40 at the Boston autoshow, but was not able to even sit in it. Hoping my dealer gets one in next month to at least get some seat time.

#23 ·
Here are a bunch of vids with it in blue.

#27 ·
I placed my OSD order April 2nd. Still haven't gotten confirmation, but conflicting news from my dealer. At first he put down July for my requested date, which I wasn't optimistic about, but why not. Then he called a couple weeks later saying it would be pushed back to 4th quarter, like many have heard. but then last week he said we were back on schedule for July. I'm still waiting on my package to confirm though, so we'll see.

#28 ·
I started the order process the end of March for OSD and I'm still waiting for a date. Heard late forth quarter, but no specific date. The only thing that has happened quickly is they cashed my deposit check.

I've been very surprised by the whole process. I guess I expected more of a premium buying experience and not one with so much waiting and unknowns. Volvo has been offering OSD for decades and rolling out new models for even longer so I'm not sure if the XC40 is just problematic or if this is normal Volvo.

One thing I have learned is to wait before looking at a new model that Volvo is bringing out.

#29 ·
I think the XC40 take rate exceeded Volvos expectations. Since OSD orders are limited to about 2k a year in total they had to scramble to figure out plan B. One of the reasons we didn't initially jump on the OSD option, this time around, was the delay in scheduling a pickup. We've done OSDs in mid November and mid October and would prefer to do one in a more pleasant season. If we order one it would be just a custom dealer order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.