Magnaflow Exhaust
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Magnaflow Exhaust

So I've been looking for a good aftermarket exhaust for t5 model s40's and the one I am most impressed with is in the video below. It says the vehicle has a muffler delete and it says a magnaflow resonator. Everywhere I've looked, I can't find exactly which resonator it is. Just curious if anyone knows which model it is or thinks they have a pretty good idea or has any suggestions. Just looking for something aggressive that isn't obnoxiously loud while idling. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGaSfPJpw0&t=16s

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thats MNIWT's old S40, he should be in shortly with details...
      My personal advice is just find a local exhaust shop, make friends, explain exactly what you want and have them make you something custom, you can even reuse the stock tips witch look perfect on the car IMO.
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Shadow") |ELEVATE 3" Intake, 2.5" Charge Pipe, Intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, TCV, Turbosmart CBV, Turbosmart Actuator, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Enkie PDC Wheels wrapped in 225/45/18 Sentury UHP||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|"embody God, then go crazy"

Depends on your goals. If you want to keep a close to stock sound, go with a dynomax super turbo muffler and an upgraded resonator.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by jondevieonS40 View Post
      Thats MNIWT's old S40, he should be in shortly with details...
      You called?

Quote Originally Posted by mercdude View Post
      Depends on your goals. If you want to keep a close to stock sound, go with a dynomax super turbo muffler and an upgraded resonator.
      I like the dynomax so much more than that muffler delete. That muffler delete was just way too loud. Idle was pretty sweet, but you could not hear anything inside the car and high idle sounded like a tractor warming up. This was also with a 3" catless DP, the Magnaflow resonator was the only thing to help with the noise and it still didn't cut it.

Elevate is nice if you're willing to cash out for it. Great sound, a little drone, lots of R&D for performance.
      But the dynomax has been one of my favorites. It's cheap, it has a very sweet Euro-sound to it that will turn heads of the auto enthusiast but not draw unwanted attention and it won't annoy your neighbors.
      I'm also in love with the cheap exhaust setup I welded on my V8 F150, but that's completely unrelated... The point is, great sound and improved performance doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

If you want to go loud, start by cutting off the stock muffler but leaving the stock resonator. If you want it louder, take out the stock res. If you want it loudest, catless downpipe.
      You can always start adding things back onto the exhaust if it's too loud. Finding a friend who can weld would be a huge benefit.

Here's the build thread for that S40: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?177336
      Here's a little more info about the exhaust, a whopping 6 days before I sold the car: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post2401394

I'll try to find the part number for the resonator... I bought it new, but through classifieds on here.

I'm partial to muffler delete but mines not loud enough yet, need to delete the Cat and run a Vibrant "pretty much empty can" resonator.

https://youtu.be/tUf_oXR-RmM

Just a muffler delete.
      2007 V50 T5 AWD M66 ~ Custom machined weighted shiftknob powdercoated wrinkle polstarblue, Custom pod filter intake, Muffler delete, 18" Pegasus IPD Reps, EBC redstuff pads, EBC blank rotors.

Oh damn mniwt is growing out of his ricer phase! Don't worry it happens to everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by mercdude View Post
      Oh damn mniwt is growing out of his ricer phase! Don't worry it happens to everyone
      Hahaha
      It entirely depends on which car we're talking about.

I don't think I could have lived with that muffler delete more than a few more weeks on the S40.

I appreciate the advice y’all. I’ll probably do a little more research on the magnaflow resonators and look into dynomax because I love the combination with them and the inline 5. but i may skip on the catless downpipe.

Magnaflow Exhaust

My dm st + mf 4" race muffler (resonator) sounds like a premium euro exhaust. 0 Resonation

Be conservative with your tips too - large ones Left a little under the bumper cause Resonation on their own. Seriously it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

I'm looking to do an exhaust next and was looking at a custom setup as well.
      2010 S40 T5 AWD M66 R-Design (The Unicorn) KW V1 ~ FastCo FC04A ~ Elevate rear sway bar ~ Massive RaceSpec Adjustable Camber Arms ~ Huper Optik 40% ceramic tint ~ Shark Stage 1 Tune ~ Elevate upper and lower manifold ~ Elevate Intake ~ DO88 FMIC ~ EST downpipe ~ Mototec Sport Edition catback

Great info. Which set up will still pass smog?
      Last edited by nuge; 01-30-2020 at 07:45 PM.
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

All catbacks will pass smog.
      Just leave the factory downpipe and cat on there.

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements