SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

40K Service Issues

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  avanti1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I am not let them do more than what we talked before the service starts. They usually call me with some stuff to be changed and always tell them to not do it. At least in UK is not mandatory to change something on your volvo to a volvo dealer to not loose your warranty. As long as the service shop who's doing the change is using the same parts as the dealer everything is ok. In dec 2017 at the service check 30k miles they told me that I have to change the break pads and the EGR cooler. They were asking £1700 for those on top of the regular service fee. I changed the pads elsewhere and after talking with the service manager I got the cooler and the pipes for free. Theee is a 4 years waranty on EGR valve that is cover by the dealer, but a lot of them are not telling you this.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
At least in UK is not mandatory to change something on your volvo to a volvo dealer to not loose your warranty. As long as the service shop who's doing the change is using the same parts as the dealer everything is ok.
In the US, you don't even have to use the same parts. Any damage done by aftermarket parts is, of course, not covered by the OEM warranty, but other than that you have an absolute right to use whatever replacement parts you like. And, the burden of proof that an aftermarket part caused a given problem is on the warrantor, not on you. Certain things are excluded from your warranty, but nothing "voids" it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.