What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today? - Page 25
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Results 841 to 875 of 907
    1. #841
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by mhon View Post
      Thanks.
      Needed to check before deciding to place an order.
      I don't have Nivomats and the suspension can drop quite a bit when fully loaded.
      Which ones will it be...what brand.


      Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #842
      Junior Member mhon's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Posts
      220
      Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      Which ones will it be...what brand.
      If go for 10mm I'll order the Heico ones just for the supplied wheel bolts!
      If go for 5mm then I'll order from http://butik.spacer.se/sv/

    4. #843
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by mhon View Post
      If go for 10mm I'll order the Heico ones just for the supplied wheel bolts!
      If go for 5mm then I'll order from http://butik.spacer.se/sv/
      Looks like a good decision both. Enjoy the time towards getting the mod installed. This phase is often more exciting!!


      Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #844
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      https://youtu.be/3Gc6v6lC_Nw


      Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    7. #845
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      1,060
      Got so bored that the idea of rerouting my rear dash cam through the hatch via the left side harness became compelling. Got it done and didn’t break a single plastic interior panel clip. Go figure. Now I just need to work up the courage to drill a small hole in behind the license plate holder to route cable through. Debating whether to use a rubber grommet to seal or to just silicon the hole.


      2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70
      2010 V70 3.2 125,000miles
      2002 V70XC, 175,000 miles
      2004 S60 2.5T, 160,000 miles

    8. #846
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      WNY USA
      Posts
      61
      Saturday, I replaced three clips holding the B pillar trim in place. Everytime I'd brush up against it while getting into the driver's seat, it would pop away from its frame. I finaly got sick of doing that. Got a flashlight and long needle nose plyers and proceeded swap out three of these yellow devils. Lined them up with their holes and used a 30" 2"x2" for leverage against the seat and snapped them home. Easy fix, of pita problem.



      Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by stiksave; 05-11-2020 at 06:40 AM.
      2009 XC70 82K my first Volvo

    9. #847
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by stiksave View Post
      Saturday, I replaced three clips holding the B pillar trim in place. Everytime I'd brush up against it while getting into the driver's seat, it would pop away from its frame. I finaly got sick of doing that. Got a flashlight and long needle nose plyers and proceeded swap out three of these yellow devils. Lined them up with their holes and used a 30' 2x2 for leverage against the seat and snapped them home. Easy fix, of pita problem.



      Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Nice. Well done.


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    10. #848
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      WNY USA
      Posts
      61
      Caronavirus bored.
      Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      Nice. Well done.


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      2009 XC70 82K my first Volvo

    11. #849
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      11,791
      Been chasing down a miscellaneous clunk in the driveline when loading/unloading throttle, moving from drive to reverse, etc. and it turned out to be about the easiest thing to remedy - axle bolts.

      Looks like the prior owner replaced the passenger side front half shaft at some point (looks newer than the driver side) and the axle bolt wasn't torqued properly. Re-torqued both the fronts and the noise is gone. It may return at some point and then I'll try the anti-ping bolts, which worked very well on my old P2R. Sometimes it's the easy things, lol.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    12. #850
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Been chasing down a miscellaneous clunk in the driveline when loading/unloading throttle, moving from drive to reverse, etc. and it turned out to be about the easiest thing to remedy - axle bolts.

      Looks like the prior owner replaced the passenger side front half shaft at some point (looks newer than the driver side) and the axle bolt wasn't torqued properly. Re-torqued both the fronts and the noise is gone. It may return at some point and then I'll try the anti-ping bolts, which worked very well on my old P2R. Sometimes it's the easy things, lol.
      Good work! I would have assumed it was related to motor mounts but way to think outside the box with that troubleshooting. I doubt a dealership tech would have solved the issue without throwing tons of new parts at the car first.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    13. #851
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052

      What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today?


      We just drove around...


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    14. #852
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      11,791
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Good work! I would have assumed it was related to motor mounts but way to think outside the box with that troubleshooting. I doubt a dealership tech would have solved the issue without throwing tons of new parts at the car first.
      Yeah, thanks, motor mounts were my next candidate then other driveline issues but it's now quiet as can be.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    15. #853
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Yeah, thanks, motor mounts were my next candidate then other driveline issues but it's now quiet as can be.
      Motor mounts... when to replace?




      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    16. #854
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      11,791
      Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      Motor mounts... when to replace?




      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      Good question because there's five different mounts to address, at least on the US market cars. Normally they get replaced on an exception basis (when something's wrong) but failing that I'd be thinking by 120k miles but that's just my opinion.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    17. #855
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Good question because there's five different mounts to address, at least on the US market cars. Normally they get replaced on an exception basis (when something's wrong) but failing that I'd be thinking by 120k miles but that's just my opinion.
      Thanks. So the question remains to all owners; when to replace engine mounts. Maybe it is never needed at all. I love the IPD mount, looks cool but expensive.



      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    18. #856
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052

      What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today?

      Anyway; checked my tire pressure during a lovely sunset today after 10 weeks of lockdown. The setting sun really helped me today. Boy these 4 tires requested AIR big time...so did my exhaust! Firewalled the D5 CLASSIC AWD Polestar tuned Vikings. Oh boy did I miss that sound, black smoke everywhere. Greta would have been proud...I mean, a good tire pressure saves fuel. Right? Gotta think green 🟩 these days.







      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      Last edited by CrossingCountries; 05-19-2020 at 03:43 PM.
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    19. #857
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      https://youtu.be/oK85uuBkQA0


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    20. #858
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      11,791
      Replaced the shift knob and the cupholder tabs this afternoon. The old shift knob was scratched and cracked and the cupholder tabs were gone.

      Had the chance to clean out all the accumulated gunk in the cupholder.

      Got the RD perforated leather shift knob and it looks so much better but oddly enough, the backlighting does not work. In my surfing here I've seen that some models don't have the backlighting activated for some reason. Every light and every other electronic item works in the car so there can't just be a fuse for the shifter backlight.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    21. #859
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052

      What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today?

      [QUOTE=CrossingCountries;7585011]Wayne, did you install the MY14 shifter? I didn’t know that this shifter had a RDesign model. I know my generation does, so I changed it.
      Looking at your signature it looks like you have 4 cars including a V60P*... wow. Nice collection.

      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      Last edited by CrossingCountries; 05-23-2020 at 06:44 PM.
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    22. #860
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052

      What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today?

      Error
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    23. #861
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      11,791
      [QUOTE=CrossingCountries;7585011]
      Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      Wayne, did you install the MY14 shifter? I didn’t know that this shifter had a RDesign model. I know my generation does, so I changed it.
      Looking at your signature it looks like you have 4 cars including a V60P*... wow. Nice collection.

      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      I already had the newer shifter as my car is a MY15 car, just needed a new shift knob as the old one was all tore up and the backlight didn't work. The R Design knob is just one from a S60/V60 in the US market that has perforated leather - little different feel. I went back to the garage and it wasn't plugged in correctly so now it works. Thanks, yeah 5 Volvo's and a couple of non-Volvo's so plenty to not drive during this pandemic.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    24. #862
      Junior Member csiever's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Location
      North Carolina
      Posts
      60
      Installed new wheels/tires. Refinished brake calipers.



      Current Volvo's Owned:
      2019 New V90 R Design T5 Crystal White Metallic With RaceChip GTS
      2014 New XC70 3.2L Flamenco Red Metallic

      Previous Volvo's Owned:
      2016 New XC70 Classic T5 Magic Blue
      2014 New XC90 3.2L Ice White
      2008 New S60 2.5L Barents Blue With IPD ECU Mapping
      1994 New 854 Flamenco Red Metallic
      1994 Used 944T Teal Metallic with Manual Boost Control Valve
      1986 New 764T Graphite Metallic
      1959 Used Pv544 Dark Brown Metallic

    25. #863
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by csiever View Post
      Installed new wheels/tires. Refinished brake calipers.



      It looks realy realy nice. Well done. Love the “CherryCoke-red” background too. Congrats.


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    26. #864
      Member Penguin's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Reno, NV
      Posts
      1,679
      New shoes and different exhaust tips (69 Mustang). The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 255/40R19.

      DSCN1509.JPG
      Last edited by Penguin; 05-26-2020 at 05:01 PM.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

    27. #865
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
      New shoes and different exhaust tips (69 Mustang). The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 255/40R19.

      DSCN1509.JPG
      Respect. Love the rims, what are they. Look like Rdesign.

      The tips,... the tips... ehm, the tips, tips. That makes 4!
      Very nice you are thinking outside the box man, love it, always good to see somebody taking a risk. I am not convinced however, would like to see some pics bit more up close. Does it sound different?


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    28. #866
      Member Penguin's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Reno, NV
      Posts
      1,679
      The rims are from the 2017/18 S90/V90. Part # 31408899. Here's an image before I switched tires.

      20190618_075056.1.jpg

      The TME exhaust system comes with a round collector with a rolled edge. The rolled edge amplifies the sound inside the collector and creates more noise than I like. These tips, which are designed like those on the 2004-07 S60R/V70R, reduce the noise to a very tolerable level. I don't find it intrusive at all, except under heavy acceleration.

      DSCN1511.1.jpg
      Last edited by Penguin; 05-26-2020 at 10:26 PM.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

    29. #867
      Junior Member CWH11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Ringwood, NJ
      Posts
      75
      Quote Originally Posted by csiever View Post
      Installed new wheels/tires. Refinished brake calipers.



      I love the car, those wheels suit it very well. (not biased at all lol cough same thing but 2 years older cough)
      "They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding." Cave Johnson, Portal 2

      Past vehicle- 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD in Snow White
      Current vehicle- 2012 Volvo XC70 3.2 AWD in Flamenco Red

    30. #868
      Junior Member CWH11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Ringwood, NJ
      Posts
      75
      Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
      The rims are from the 2017/18 S90/V90. Part # 31408899. Here's an image before I switched tires.

      20190618_075056.1.jpg

      The TME exhaust system comes with a round collector with a rolled edge. The rolled edge amplifies the sound inside the collector and creates more noise than I like. These tips, which are designed like those on the 2004-07 S60R/V70R, reduce the noise to a very tolerable level. I don't find it intrusive at all, except under heavy acceleration.

      DSCN1511.1.jpg
      i love the look of the rims with that paint selection, and the tips look fantastic, my issue is that knowing me, i would burn my shins on them every time, but thats just me.
      "They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding." Cave Johnson, Portal 2

      Past vehicle- 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD in Snow White
      Current vehicle- 2012 Volvo XC70 3.2 AWD in Flamenco Red

    31. #869
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Your own logo...

      https://youtu.be/O3qaw7KoWF0



      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    32. #870
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Thinking about ordering VEEPEAK. Plug n play and not expensive. Many cool features. Anybody any experience with this little device?


      https://youtu.be/SZje4u9QCRA


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    33. #871
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      236
      Look likes it does similar things to my Obdlink MX.

      It's worth trying to find out how fast it can update information though, as some are refreshing way too slow to be of good use.

      Good price however
      Last edited by Steffe; 06-05-2020 at 01:00 AM.
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

    34. #872
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052

      What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today?

      Quote Originally Posted by Steffe View Post
      Look likes it does similar things to my Obdlink MX.

      It's worth trying to find out how fast it can update information though, as some are refreshing way too slow to be of good use.

      Good price however

      Skickat från min SM-G981B via Tapatalk
      Hey man, yes love the price and excellent reviews all over the internet.




      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      Last edited by CrossingCountries; 06-05-2020 at 02:23 AM.
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    35. #873
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      236
      Yeah, it's fun to check performance stats etc while driving

      I need to get some more OBD-ports though, I use mine for the CFE for extra functions, but I miss having torque running on the phone to keep track of things.
      Last edited by Steffe; 06-05-2020 at 01:00 AM.
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

    36. #874
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      4,052
      Quote Originally Posted by Steffe View Post
      Yeah, it's fun to check performance stats etc while driving

      I need to get some more OBD-ports though, I use mine for the CFE for extra functions, but I miss having torque running on the phone to keep track of things.

      Skickat från min SM-G981B via Tapatalk
      How is that CFE doing. Did they clear most of the bugs. Still worth the money. Still like it? What’s the best feature on it?


      -powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    37. #875
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      236
      They seem to have fixed the AC-bug (temperatures reset themselves).

      Light bug is still around (high beam can get stuck on).

      The new devs (again) do seem more active though, so I still have some hope that they'll fix it.
      Last edited by Steffe; 06-05-2020 at 01:00 AM.
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast