What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today? - Page 21
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
      Hope they fit well, I've heard quite a few with electric folding mirrors having a problem with them hitting those. But there's also ones that work perfectly fine, so hopefully it's the later variant
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today?

Today I detailed the engine bay with #Polishangel. Water is not welcome anymore.

https://youtu.be/sfj2TAvkZ2g

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by CrossingCountries; 01-29-2020 at 08:07 PM.
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      Took a gamble today and ordered winddeflectors from weathertech. Not black black but smoke gray transparent. Hope it will make the car stand out a tiny bit more.
      Yo CC! I've been looking at these, interested to hear how they work out for you... please let us know!

OTOH, I did absolutely nothing to ours today except wash it, park it, and put it under a cover LOL. However... I do have some mods planned... got the LED bulbs you recommended for the DRLs, a backlit 2013 shifter with an upgraded cable waiting in the wings to be installed, and snapped up a used TDI Tuning box from Viva that should be here tomorrow (a stopgap until I can get a proper tune LOL)... just gotta crank out a little work in the shop and get the bay open LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrracer View Post
      Took a gamble today and ordered winddeflectors from weathertech. Not black black but smoke gray transparent. Hope it will make the car stand out a tiny bit more.
      Yo CC! I've been looking at these, interested to hear how they work out for you... please let us know!

OTOH, I did absolutely nothing to ours today except wash it, park it, and put it under a cover LOL. However... I do have some mods planned... got the LED bulbs you recommended for the DRLs, a backlit 2013 shifter with an upgraded cable waiting in the wings to be installed, and snapped up a used TDI Tuning box from Viva that should be here tomorrow (a stopgap until I can get a proper tune LOL)... just gotta crank out a little work in the shop and get the bay open LOL
      Cool. I think you’ll love the TDI box assuming you have a 3.0T car and access to high quality fuel. You may even find that you won’t want to make the very expensive jump to a full retune. My TDI’d car runs a lot harder than it did with the Polestar tune.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Cool. I think you’ll love the TDI box assuming you have a 3.0T car and access to high quality fuel. You may even find that you won’t want to make the very expensive jump to a full retune. My TDI’d car runs a lot harder than it did with the Polestar tune.
      Hey thanks @Bunnspeed. Yeah, '09 T6 with 95K on the clock, and we have quality 93 around these parts Love the car but it could use a little more agility in all departments if ya know what I mean LOL.

Your posts and a deal on a used TDI box from ViVA (thanks Connor!) made it a no-brainer to check it out. It hit the door today... worst case I just flip it, but I can tell you I'm pretty fired up to slap it on there. Looking forward to giving it an honest evaluation since there's so much debate as to the actual efficacy (which seems to vary notably with different applications/manufacturers.) I do tuning work on other cars and have a local AWD Dynojet available, probably gonna do some back-to-back runs sooner or later.

I thought you were running the TDI on top of your Polestar tune? Your ET and trap speed are impressive for a big 'ole wagon I love the XC because it is so stealthy, eager to make it even more of a sleeper!
      Last edited by Rrrracer; 01-30-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Hey thanks @Bunnspeed. Yeah, '09 T6 with 95K on the clock, and we have quality 93 around these parts Love the car but it could use a little more agility in all departments if ya know what I mean LOL.

Your posts and a deal on a used TDI box from ViVA (thanks Connor!) made it a no-brainer to check it out. It hit the door today... worst case I just flip it, but I can tell you I'm pretty fired up to slap it on there. Looking forward to giving it an honest evaluation since there's so much debate as to the actual efficacy (which seems to vary notably with different applications/manufacturers.) I do tuning work on other cars and have a local AWD Dynojet available, probably gonna do some back-to-back runs sooner or later.

I thought you were running the TDI on top of your Polestar tune? Your ET and trap speed are impressive for a big 'ole wagon I love the XC because it is so stealthy, eager to make it even more of a sleeper!
      Thank you. Glad to have had an influence on your decision. Get it installed ASAP because you’ll be thrilled with the difference. I’m running it on top of my Polestar tune and the difference over the P* tune on its own is huge, in terms of throttle response at tip-in and especially how it pulls in the upper gears where it makes the biggest difference. It’s a rocket from 80mph right to the governor, whereas the stock Polestar tune felt exceptionally mild and ran out of steam as I approached triple digit speeds.

It even sounds better at all times: sharper burble at idle, more of a full, melodious bellow to the engine note at WOT, more interesting turbo noises, and more pronounced purge sounds when you let off. You might need some bolt-ons to get the maximal benefit, but it also helps you to get more benefit from any existing bolt-ons where the factory tuning seems to otherwise dial-out their benefit shooting for stock output and operating parameters. It was also good for measurable improvements to my quarter mile and trap speeds, putting to rest any speculation or opinion around whether it adds actual power, does nothing, or is some kind of hoax.

Anyhoo, I could go on and on. It was the best performance improvement to my car by far. Please let us know how you like it!
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Nothing major today, but got the newer key case (black badge) from a friend. Starting to think I should get new key blades done too, to complete it

Quote Originally Posted by Steffe View Post
      Nothing major today, but got the newer key case (black badge) from a friend. Starting to think I should get new key blades done too, to complete it
      Partnumber. NOW!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

31419350 seems to be the number, the first fleabay hit claims its for a 2001 XC70 though

31419350 seems to be the number, the first fleabay hit claims its for a 2001 XC70 though
      Thanks. Looks better imho. But its plug n play? Feels more solid?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/19023345515

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-01-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Just swap the circuit board. Otherwise it's pretty much the same. Don't think there are any other "features", apart from looking nicer with black ;p

Just swap the circuit board. Otherwise it's pretty much the same. Don't think there are any other "features", apart from looking nicer with black ;p
      Agree

Pretty content with the light bar I added a while ago too, pretty discrete ;p Think I might have posted it before though.

V70 though, so might be hard to put it the same way on XC70.
      On the XC it does look less “below radar”, you are right. Dont think I like the looks here...

Today the Volvo Garage performed the software upgrade and some sensors cleaning regarding the recall for 2L Diesels.
      Also I would change the analog DIM to full digital DIM. Even I checked all Details
      before
      the DIM upgrade won´t accept the Software unlock - for any reasons. The Volvo Garage had done such DIM Upgrades many times as well with used parts but didn´t managed to unlock and activate the DIM.

The new (used) DIM is SP#36003012 build 20 apr 2016 and was before in XC70.
      Any ideas or special knowledge?
      ...stand clear of the closing doors...

Light bars!
      I have a US Spec 08' 3.2L with New York Plates.
      In the US, our license plate is weird where its more square, difficult to mount anything to. unless you want to drill into your bumper, the best way to go about installing a light bar on these cars is being the bumper, similar to @steffe 's instillation. from a DIY perspective, its a tight space to fit a bar and wiring.
      if you try to install it on the "top" of the lower grille, its a tight space to drill through without taking the front fender/bumper off, as well as not that many places to put it. you run into this bar in front of the radiator, which sits in line of where most front plates would sit. this is bad to drill into, I didn't, but just don't try it. this leaves very few places to bolt it to.
      When I drilled through the front "splitter"/Scuff plate, it wasn't that thick of a material and was easy to guess locations. for a quick/efficient installation, there is a good gap in the bumper where the hood latch is. this is where I put the wiring, then ran the rest like the surge protector (secured in the engine bay) and the toggle (temporarily out the hood into the driver door). I like where I put the bar itself. (SEE PREVIOUS POST) from that installation ~2 weeks ago, I want to add a spacer or 2 to lift the bar itself so it sits further up in the bumper.

as a whole, the whole light bar is a good first step with the IPD Rear Sways, from there you could branch out into stuff such as R Design wheel/shifter and mirror caps.

Best Winter adventures
      -Rose

On the XC it does look less “below radar”, you are right. Dont think I like the looks here...

I have a customer with a 2016 XC70 and he is wondering how you can change where the phone cluster is showing on the main screen and put the digital speedometer reading back where the phone cluster is now on the top right of the center screen. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if he accidentally changed it or it was changed due to a software update done sometime ago. Not as familiar with the P3 generation. Thank you

That's accessed through the MyCar menu in Sensus. I am not at my car and don't recall the path to get there though - sorry.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Not my car (!!) but found a pic of how it would look like- ...expecting my winddeflectors next week. Used to hate them. Took years for me to like them. Kinda look at them now being in balance with the sidescuff. -it compensates the wider lower part somehow. Almost upside down sidescuffs. Funny what time does with my way of looking at things. If V O L V O would make these optional accessories OEM, imho they would sell many.

WITH (not my car...)

WITHOUT (Currently my car)

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-15-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Hmmm, I’m not sure I like those wind deflectors in terms of how they flow with the rest of the lines. They don’t visually resolve properly with the glass aft of the rear passenger door and stand out as a result, as does that bare glass that doesn’t have some treatment up top. The brightwork around the windows is obscured in the section that has the wind deflectors but not elsewhere, which further draws the eye to that part of the car rather than allowing me to view the look of the car as a whole. The car will still look great but I don’t think this is an improvement from a looks standpoint, but if you are doing it for a functional reason, then the tradeoff is probably a good one.
      12.99 at 109mph

Hmmm, I’m not sure I like those wind deflectors in terms of how they flow with the rest of the lines. They don’t visually resolve properly with the glass aft of the rear passenger door and stand out as a result, as does that bare glass that doesn’t have some treatment up top. The brightwork around the windows is obscured in the section that has the wind deflectors but not elsewhere, which further draws the eye to that part of the car rather than allowing me to view the look of the car as a whole. The car will still look great but I don’t think this is an improvement from a looks standpoint, but if you are doing it for a functional reason, then the tradeoff is probably a good one.
      The visual impact would be lessened if the bright trim were wrapped in black.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

"Teacher fired for drinking on the job. Two students expelled for fighting and insubordination. Other than that, the first week of homeschooling went great!"

Ditto. Don’t do it.

2008 XC70 (his), 2006 S80 2.5T AWD (hers), Past 1998 V70XC, 2004 V40.
      Using Tapatalk

For info: color ordered is ‘smoke’ grey. Like the non-tinted windows, standard (light smoke grey)

Guys this is awsome feedback -very honest and being honest to anybody shows respect to that other person. Anyway, love to read how you all look at lines on a car. I can so much relate on what you are saying. 5 years ago I was totally against any, I mean any (!) non OEM stuff. Times they are a changin’ (Dylan 1964) and I look with different eyes these days.

The biggest problem I have too is the fact that the cargo windows dont have the same top shape now. Mentioned in comment. However, the lines do meet between the bottom and the top looking at the doors and passenger doors. You can draw a “rectangle” between the wheels marking the cabin compartment if you wanted too. I for example hate blacking out the rear windows. It cuts the car unevenly and ruins literally all lines. If you would black out all (!!) windows then it would match up again. I cant cancel the order; I ordered the best premium brand around, made in Germany, very well known. Climair, weatherTech (!) orders theirs with these folks and just change the logo. I almost never buy stuff for comfort, just for looks. The HEICO spacers I installed look good and give a bit more cornering comfort at the same time. These deflectors are for looks. On the V50 forum some confirmed a reduction in windnoise driving wirh the windows ⅓ open... Not having them on the cargo windows pulls the car forward and stands out more. Let’s see this coming week, I will post pics from different angles just in case anybody else considers. Feedback will follow on noise and comfort.

Not my car...

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-17-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      The visual impact would be lessened if the bright trim were wrapped in black.
      The chrome is still visible, they fit on the inside/integrated. No need to wrap, the chrome line is not obstructed. However some other deflectors have the option to sit on top=obscured.

Update: installation complete. I do like it -also because they blend in perfectly with the non tinted windows. 90% same color. At times difficult to detect. Chrome fully visible. They “stop” at the same “distance” the Sidescuff does.

-Guess what, I even glasscoated them. The first glasscoated deflectors in the world lol. Had some Polishangel left.

Oh and by the way; removed the terrible blue logo CLIMAIR sticker using a blowdryer as a mini heatgun and thinking about installing VPARTS stickers instead. Just to show/accent them a bit more, again smoke colored is almost not visible. Thinking about placing them on the LH side (lower corner) of all 4 deflectors. Already on order and more... If it’s too much I wasted a couple of Euro’s. The best accessory VOLVO shop in Europe, perhaps in the world?

https://vparts.se/eu/alla-modeller/e.../stickers.html

(^all 4 deflectors de-badged except for one)

Next; rising the XC70 3cm using VPARTS lifting kit. Currently sold out.

https://youtu.be/rBl-ZK44SvI

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-17-2020 at 10:04 AM.

I received the V60 strut brace last week and just mount into my V70...

Last edited by Busch63; 02-18-2020 at 12:44 PM.
      ...stand clear of the closing doors...

Quote Originally Posted by Busch63 View Post
      I received the V60 strut brace last week and just mount into my V70...
      Awesome material.

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-17-2020 at 09:17 AM.

@CC, those look a lot better than the ones that fit on the trim itself. You'll have to let us know how they work out in terms of wind noise reduction, etc.

@CC, those look a lot better than the ones that fit on the trim itself. You'll have to let us know how they work out in terms of wind noise reduction, etc.
      They do look good, nicely integrated. Not expensive either but high quality. Very stealth and the cabin looks just a bit wider. From the inside looking out I also like it. Like sitting in a fishbowl lol. Makes you realise how thick these doors are. Realy do like it. I would not recommend black colored (sport) ones. They would be too much ghetto. As far as windnoise- boy a difficult one but I will report back. See if I can remember the noise without them being installed

Soon...first 12hrs not allowed to open the windows. They need to adapt a tiny bit also according to the installation instructions.

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-17-2020 at 01:55 PM.

I all of a sudden looked in a different way at this P3 and I realized how good it looks without the V O L V O and (!) without the horizontal 2014+ aluminum crossbar.

Looks very awesome. Any thoughts? Think I will start debadging soon. Well I will leave the D5 plus 3 badges and the XC70 on for the time. But who needs VOLVO on the tailgate if everybody has it already.
      His:

Mine:

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-22-2020 at 04:19 AM.

I thought about blacking out the VOLVO letters on mine (also a black car) just to be a little more stealthy.

I will upgrade to the later taillights one day, and will not be installing the chrome strip. Need to figure out a way to black out the chrome on the taillights too LOL. Our car has the black window trim so... yeah.

I thought about blacking out the VOLVO letters on mine (also a black car) just to be a little more stealthy.

I will upgrade to the later taillights one day, and will not be installing the chrome strip. Need to figure out a way to black out the chrome on the taillights too LOL. Our car has the black window trim so... yeah.
      I have plastidipped most of the chrome long time ago. Including skidplate and sidescuff. Didn’t like it. Here a bad quality image of how it would look somehow. Only thing I would put on perhaps would be this badge, clean.

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-22-2020 at 03:10 AM.

Mini upgrade thanks to vparts to this;

From this:

Nothing major today, plugged in the charger to top up the battery. And installed the BLIS-button for future upgrades ;P

That same chrome strip is in black, but you knew that already I guess...

Guys, never thought about it or looked at it but after watching this video I checked my upper engine torque mount and mine looks totally gone. https://youtu.be/99KZu7uoF5k
      Any experts here and how important is this part realy. Do they look at it during a regular interval inspection at VOLVO? Look at mine...dead it looks like. Common issue?

https://youtu.be/Xy1ulf_8W7Q

Last edited by CrossingCountries; 02-22-2020 at 04:51 AM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast