SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do with your XC70/V70 (2008+) today?

168K views 2K replies 120 participants last post by  daim 
#1 · (Edited)
We are the only ones that dont have a topic like this on Swedespeed.
Keep those updates and pictures coming please. Dump it here. I know the P3 owners are slowly fading-out but please dont give up.

Keep that 70-P3 alive and show the world that you still own the coolest VOLVO on the block. I for sure dont upgrade to SPA in the near future. That P3 is so manly looking its not funny anymore. It almost scares me and I am afraid of nothing. [emoji41]

#72 ·
On the white car it looks great, because the shape of the notches is round and not flat like yours. The white car is bad ass (except I'd get different wheels)!
I'd leave yours alone. Looks more integrated within the shape it has.
Testing "looks" of 100mm tips using PVC pipes (95mm!). Ofcourse too long but too lazy to cut. Its the round shape look I was after...

XC70 D5 AWD POLESTAR

#73 · (Edited)
I think you are right!!! If I do want to change they will have to be oval at least. Tried to convince myself but round looks funny within a flat surrounding/area. I do want catback...it deserves a better noise. What else is out there guys...anybody? Advise? IPD? Ferrita? KPAX?

#80 ·
I will never sell my car...its getting old...with high mileage... 180K. Just want it to look special but not too much. Like you guys, you like a "bit of a different" car otherwise why Swedespeed.

You have this tuning instinct in you somewhere...?

At a certain point its not worth it anymore selling the car. I own a classic almost...

(Powered by 5 mad Vikings...)

#87 ·
Part way through dropping the fuel tank today, got the exhaust, drive shaft, heat sheilds all removed, had to lower the rear differential cradle to get the metal protection shield from under the tank off. Now I have two issues, 1/ trying to drain the tank prior to removing the sender / pump assembly. 2/ I am getting too old and too fat for crawling around under cars on stands!

#91 · (Edited)
In the meantime I found the exhaust look/solution. Turns out for Diesel there is nothing nice out there except HEICO but they have been sold out for a long time now. On top of that the noise change will be minimal and the price high. So here we go. Custom made stainless steel tips. On the pic its held in front but it gives a good idea. Let me know. I think I love it. Sick ass!! Approaches V90CC LOOKS [emoji23]
No just kidding but damn it will look so integrated at the end. Current tips are nice but too much hidden. PM me and I will order them for you. [emoji12]

Ps Instagram exploded: GO FOR IT...SICK...COOL...WOW

#96 · (Edited)
There is hardly any change. Diesel is almost impossible to give a Polestar like "sound". They explained me in the shop, particle filters etc. So I went for a cheaper solution but with good looks. I think..Think many XC owners will follow. Or at least consider [emoji6]

XC70 D5 AWD POLESTAR

#98 ·
Tints

What did I do today?

Added 35% tint to front windows (max limit in IL) - left the back alone - I didn't like the clear front/limo back look of different tints on a car....
View attachment 40786 View attachment 40794

#99 ·
That looks uniform now, and really nice!
What did I do today?
Added 35% tint to front windows (max limit in IL) - left the back alone - I didn't like the clear front/limo back look of different tints on a car....

#105 ·
So I ordered the best floormats (front and rear) available. Made in the USA of course:

Why not the oem rubber mats (39807571)? I have them in the xc70 that the kids ride in, they are quite nice and half the price of the weathertech, plus they are made in Latvia ;)

#115 ·
Looking to swap cars, CC? What are you going to gain anyway? If you go for e.g a T6 then yes, but otherwise I don't see why, doesn't get much better than yours? I'd save up for e.g a V90 if I were you!

#116 ·
V90? It needs to be the inscription version. But even those are too long and too low. With lovely techniques under the hood, dont get me wrong. I live in Spain but I was born and grew up in Holland. VOLVO paradise. Spending a few weeks in Amsterdam and boy I have seen so many nice V60R and XC70 “P3-s”...still not SPA convinced. V60-SPA is getting close.