Changes that could/should be made with a software update - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by EssNinety View Post
      SENSUS NEEDS DESPERATE HELP. System lag at start-up is absolutely unacceptable.

One should be able to turn on their heated seat and heated steering wheel right after initial start up.

What's worse is, the Sensus system is laggy after EACH and EVERY start up, regardless of cold start or not. WHYYYY?? A key fob unlock should trigger system start up so it's ready to go once you get in the car.

The icons on the right-most screen look horribly rudimentary. That entire screen needs major cleanup and revamping -- it may have been acceptable a prototype, but on a full-blown production car... Me thinks not.

The 360 degree cameras should have the option to be activated from the parking sensor display. I can't tell you how many times the pesky parking sensor display gets in my way from turning on the 360 cameras to see where the objects are!!

ALSO, the car should know WHEN to show me my front camera or my surround-view. When I'm in drive, my camera button always pulls up my rear-view camera first... as if it weren't annoying enough to have to swipe across a laggy, slow screen, fish for the camera button, press it, then press 360 view to get to the surround view, THEN press on the front camera to focus on it... this isn't rocket science here, Volvo!!

I'd also like to see the images from the 360 cameras stitched together better on my S90. The placement of the rear-view camera (as a result of it being low in the rear bumper) completely throws off the stitching of the images. It makes the cameras almost useless when they don't transition from one to the next seamlessly.

Better voice command and wireless CarPlay are a MUST!!

I'd like the ability to have Auto Start/Stop enabled in "Dynamic" mode and I'd like the car to save my driving modes each time I shut it off.

I'd like more functionality from the driver's digital display -- there's no reason why this can't be more like Audi's Virtual Cockpit (minus the amazing resolution Audi has to offer).
      Wishful thinking. Looks like March 2018 update came out in UK. Here’s what it includes:

Updates from and including March 2018
      The Volvo On Call app has been improved and updated so that notifications are repeated fewer times.
      Updating of the driver profile view in the centre display. The Protect Profile and Connect key options have changed places and there is the option that Save current settings to the profile is only visible if Protect Profile has been selected. When Save current settings to the profile is selected, the text in the window is changed to "Saving" for a few seconds, which confirms that changes to the settings are performed. For more information on how you can protect and save changes in a driver profile, see Edit and lock driver profile.
      XC60 T8 Inscription

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have an idea. Since there is Android device hijacks the screen hardware, it can be improved to also feed touch inputs to Sensus.

So the software can get input on the real touch screen, see, when you click a button on home screen, and send different input to Sensus, including sliding from right to left, and tap on a position that is the 360 degree camera button. See, this way a new UI can be created to operate Sensus without Volvo help.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 237240 miles [2020-07]

wish list

• Better searching for PoI on route. Or, at least, something other than scrolling through a list (narrow down by category, searching with x mi/km of route, anything would be an improvement)
      • Simple way to modify all settings associated with a given profile
      • The ability to have android auto navigation and car nav at same time. Or, alternatively, put android auto nav into HUD
      • The ability to customize the four panel selections in default view
      • Support for wireless Android Auto (hey, I can dream)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Remove the 60 character limit for mp3 filenames.

I have hundreds of songs that are not displayed, therefore can not be played because of this limitation.
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription | Electric Silver | Charcoal Int. w/Metal Mesh Inlay | Convenience : Navigation : Vision | Llumar CTX 30 & Air 80 Tint | 20" Black Diamond Cut Alloys
      2007 XC90 3.2F A 5 | Ice White | Beige Int. w/Genuine Wood Inlay | VIS : CPS : EBD : EBA : DTSC : TPMS : HSS : ROPS : IC : RSC : SIPS : WHIPS : LATCH | 12 Beverage Holders
      2000 S70 SE | Metallic Silver

1. Geo-fencing on the "your Volvo is unlocked" notification
      2. Ability to send a homelink garage door command to open the door prior to remote starting (maybe confirm with rearview camera stream??? )
      3. Fuelly or other fuel tracking app integration

Ability to use Apple CarPlay for Waze (at least audio), and phone calls, but also be able to listen to Sirius radio.

CarPlay totally takes over the entire experience. Not all OEMs implemented CarPlay like this (example Ford Sync 3).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2018 XC90 T6 Inscription - Polestar tune + Racechip GTS, and Stealth Hitch
      2011 C30 (Ex K-Pax Racing)
      SOLD: 2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons (Snabb air intake & turbo pipe, Do88 Intercooler, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Ferrita downpipe, IPD exhaust catback, H&R Springs), Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

Is anyone contacting Volvo with suggestions? I was given an email address to get in touch with them: Volvo Customer Care Team [email protected]

Maybe if they get enough "Suggestions" they will get working on some solutions.
      2018 XC60 R-Design Black---Convenience--Vision--Advanced --Heated everything
      2014 Porsche Boxster 981

Quote Originally Posted by gocards67 View Post
      Is anyone contacting Volvo with suggestions? I was given an email address to get in touch with them: Volvo Customer Care Team [email protected]

Maybe if they get enough "Suggestions" they will get working on some solutions.
      Just shoot them one more email, maybe a more useful improvement will be picked up by them for future release.
      Don't forget to mention the "quick access buttons on home screen" that we all want.

Quote Originally Posted by jaynlisa View Post
      Ummm actually you are incorrect on both counts, at least for US cars.

Volvo *already* “did that”. Go to driver profiles. Individual drive mode. You can turn off stop/stop permanently. Uncheck the box at the bottom. You can also select the driving mode on startup.

Attachment 33986
      Every time car is restarted, it is comfort mode (for T6) or hybrid mode (for T8). and you need to change to individual mode explicitly.
      So Volvo doesn't let you disable engine stop/start by default.

Speed up the power windows a little please.

Just picked up our new XC60 this pass Friday, In love so far.
      Do have one question, could cameras or adaptive cruise control be added? It has vision package, which has intelligence safe box on the windshield. I wish it had a ForScan program like Ford because I'm sure this thing has so many more features then it gives you access to

Quote Originally Posted by 18_XC60 View Post
      Just picked up our new XC60 this pass Friday, In love so far.
      Do have one question, could cameras or adaptive cruise control be added? It has vision package, which has intelligence safe box on the windshield. I wish it had a ForScan program like Ford because I'm sure this thing has so many more features then it gives you access to
      ACC (adaptive cruise control) can be added as an accessory (also you will get Pilot Assist).
      One person here reported he got it added. Cost is around $1.5k or so on T8, maybe will be around $2k on T6.

This:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...rchase-of-XC60

360 degree view is not available as accessory.
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 04-24-2018 at 06:26 PM.

[/QUOTE]ACC (adaptive cruise control) can be added as an accessory (also you will get Pilot Assist).
      One person here reported he got it added. Cost is around $1.5k or so on T8, maybe will be around $2k on T6.

This:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...rchase-of-XC60

360 degree view is not available as accessory.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, thank you. I will live without and just do the $2200 convenient package on next lease.

Permanently disable stop/start.

See picture from my 2018 XC60 Inscription from yesterday. Uncheck the box at the bottom. Done.

Photo Apr 24, 12 53 57 AM.jpg

See picture from my 2018 XC60 Inscription from yesterday. Uncheck the box at the bottom. Done.

Photo Apr 24, 12 53 57 AM.jpg
      We know you can save this in individual mode. The question is, every time you start the car, it will be in comfort mode, or hybrid mode for T8. You will need to use the mode switch scroller to switch to individual mode. This is same hassle as swiping to the feature screen and uncheck the start/stop option.

There is no way to start the car and start/stop is immediately disabled.

If you are still not clear on this, excuse my language skill.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      Wait for the P*1 to be presented again. The quick access buttons showed up in preproduction P*1 and I think it reasonable to be shipped first on it. Then trickle down to old models.

There is always hope. If Volvo still retrofit software goodies after 4 or 5 years I think it will be big win for owners and the company.

Rolling, Fusion Red XC60 T8
      I agree, with a T8 I don't care about the Start/Stop issue. I am totally annoyed that the car always starts in Hybrid mode. I did set it to start in pure, but it doesn't. It starts in hybrid. Every time I start the car I have to manually select Pure mode. Why provide the capability to make a setting that car will NEVER allow. I can understand the idea that the car should always start in a energy saving mode. But, why not let the car start in the Most Energy saving mode. This makes no sense to me and is one of my few annoyances with the car. I do have a handful of others that I'll need to track down and post.

I wouldn't be so annoyed with the car starting in hybrid if the individual drive mode selection didn't allow me to select "start in pure").
      2018 Xc60 T8 Inscription Ice White/Charcoal with everything except BW audio and Trailer Hitch
      2012 XC60 T6 AWD Ice White/Anthracite with everything except trailer hitch (Aug 2011)
      1965 Corvette Convertible which says it all.

We know you can save this in individual mode. The question is, every time you start the car, it will be in comfort mode, or hybrid mode for T8. You will need to use the mode switch scroller to switch to individual mode. This is same hassle as swiping to the feature screen and uncheck the start/stop option.

There is no way to start the car and start/stop is immediately disabled.

If you are still not clear on this, excuse my language skill.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
      Your language skill is just fine. My reading skills are just fine also, and the manual says this should work. It explicitly says that the individual drive mode settings are saved in the driver profile, and the driver profile can be activated by the key fob. However, I tested this, and you are absolutely correct. It doesn't work. There is no way I can find to make it work after extensive testing. I know I am telling what you already know.

It explicitly says that the individual drive mode settings are saved in the driver profile, and the driver profile can be activated by the key fob.
      Unfortunately, it also explicitly states "with the exception of the Individual Drive Mode" in documents about saving settings to the driver profile ... http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...driver-profile. This has been beaten to a pulp on these forums ... there is nothing we can do until Volvo changes their software.
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

My father has an XC90 in Italy and he claims he can start in individual driving mode, by saving to the driver's profile. I cannot on my car (XC90 USA). Can anyone confirm this is a US vs. Europe difference?

Quote Originally Posted by VxF View Post
      My father has an XC90 in Italy and he claims he can start in individual driving mode, by saving to the driver's profile. I cannot on my car (XC90 USA). Can anyone confirm this is a US vs. Europe difference?
      In Sweden, I always start in Hybrid mode (T8).
      Sent from a device using some software

Maybe Italy doesn't require mandatory default settings like EPA in US does.
      It is definitely just a software option in the firmware.

And in Greece it always starts on Comfort Mode (T5 engine). They only differences I experience with different keys and different drivers is on the display of the dash, the lighting and convenience features that do change between the three different keys
      2018 XC60 R Design T5 - Ice White with PA2, BLISS, 360 Camera, Navigation Pro, Panorama, Active LED Lights, Fog Lights, 4 Zone Climate, Keyless Entry, VoC, 19'' Wheels

I want there to be an optional audio tone if I am about to go into a lane with a car in the blind spot. I don't trust it to move me back into my lane with the steering wheel.. and there is no way to test this without hitting someone.

On my 2016 I got an audio warning every time I went out of my lane lines.. totally annoying and I shut it off.. but in my Hyundai, I get a beep if I am about to crash into someone in my blind spot. Relying on a mirror light is crazy. I don't always look at the mirror.. I look over my shoulder.. but sometimes can't see the car. Also, with all the flashing warnings etc, this doesn't always catch my attention. A beep always does.

Quote Originally Posted by mferranti View Post
      Change the Nav system so it doesn't warn me that the road I live on is a private road every time.
      ++++1 for that one. It drives me crazy to have to dismiss that stupid message every time!!!

Here's one I really wish they would fix: IOS device starts playing music every time (same song) when you get in the car and it connects via bluetooth or cable. I know this is an IOS issue really, but several other manufacturers have a checkbox that allow you to turn off autoplay.

I want the two hardware buttons to the left of the big volume knob to re-programmed to "Individual Mode" and "360 Degree Cam".

Another item -- download software from home wifi while charging. Would be a good way to update software/maps overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by guanilo View Post
      Another item -- download software from home wifi while charging. Would be a good way to update software/maps overnight.
      You can already update your maps yourself.

If you are talking about updating software in the modules, that's not going to happen. We have enough problems getting updates to go smoothly when using VIDA.

One small thing that I'd like as a software update is to put the active turn signal indicator in the HUD. Like many people, my hearing is not what it once was, and in many driving scenarios I'm not constantly looking at the dashboard. I can hear the audible clicking of the turn signal at a traffic light, but at road speeds the sound disappears and I become one of the many drivers happily cruising down the freeway with the blinker going. Having the status in the HUD would help with this. There are other other solutions .. I had a 94 Dodge Caravan that changed the audible sound after a minute or two to a different and much louder tone. Some fords just turn off the turn signal after a period of time.

Like others the park assist screen popping up is annoying. I like to have the forward camera when moving into my driveway which has a funny curvy shape to keep from scraping the wheels on the left curb. But almost every time the damn park assist view pops up and I have to fuss with the display to get the camera view I want. I'd like to be able to keep park assist view off until I ask for parking assistance.
      2018 Xc60 T8 Inscription Ice White/Charcoal with everything except BW audio and Trailer Hitch
      2012 XC60 T6 AWD Ice White/Anthracite with everything except trailer hitch (Aug 2011)
      1965 Corvette Convertible which says it all.

When I forget something in the car or when I want to leave something in the car with every unlocking, the mirrors fold down into the position of use. Such a stupid solution
      In my other car, this does not happen, but only when I sit down and start the car, mirrors go in extended position
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

I just wanted to be the 100th reply.
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

I want the two hardware buttons to the left of the big volume knob to re-programmed to "Individual Mode" and "360 Degree Cam".
      Excellent ideas.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

In the latest update the Harman Kardon system has VNC. This is Vehicle Noise Canceling. Thsi means when the road noise or wind noise increases the volume of the radio/media turns up automatically. However to my opinion this is much too intense and I would like to adjust the sensitivity. However I cant find a setting for it. They should add this.

Quote Originally Posted by risrael View Post
      In the latest update the Harman Kardon system has VNC. This is Vehicle Noise Canceling. Thsi means when the road noise or wind noise increases the volume of the radio/media turns up automatically. However to my opinion this is much too intense and I would like to adjust the sensitivity. However I cant find a setting for it. They should add this.
      there is no setting to cancel it....I emailed volvo....I asked for it to be added.....
      2019 XC 60 T8 Inscription Osmium Grey
      2017 Honda Africa Twin

I want an option to have only the active tab header visible instead of all the tab headers. You can bring up all the tabs again by clicking on the active tab header, so it's just a waste of screen estate. If this were implemented CarPlay would be almost full screen.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast