Removing streaks on windshield
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Removing streaks on windshield

Maybe someone can help. I noticed streaks running down the windows when damp or wet. The windows are clear, perfect when dry. I thought if might be Cilajet running down the window but tried mineral spirts to remove, nope!
      Has anyone used a glass polish to get them out? Iíve only had the car for 6 months and have no idea how the windows got this way. You can rub a damp towel across the glass and feel in grab in the streak area. Tried scraping with razor but could not see any residue. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Try using the same type clay bar used for painted surfaces. It will remove water spots also

Quote Originally Posted by FGON View Post
      Maybe someone can help. I noticed streaks running down the windows when damp or wet. The windows are clear, perfect when dry. I thought if might be Cilajet running down the window but tried mineral spirts to remove, nope!
      Has anyone used a glass polish to get them out? Iíve only had the car for 6 months and have no idea how the windows got this way. You can rub a damp towel across the glass and feel in grab in the streak area. Tried scraping with razor but could not see any residue. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
      Hi all, you can also use "steel wool", it must be the "superfine 0000" type and use it dry with gentle rubbing. DO NOT WET IT!!
      There are a few videos on youtube from car detailers that use this method, it works!
      The key is to not rub hard at all, keep it dry and you must use the superfine 0000 wool.
      Cheers David
      Cheers from "down under" Australia... s5156
      2018 XC60 D4 Inscription, Pine Grey, Premium Pack (B&W, Black Napa, Air Susp), Full Window Tint

try vinegar as well. dump paper towel, put it over the spot and wait for 10 min. then clean. same with waterspots..

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements