No connection to service
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No connection to service

Is there is a way to force a connection to service? The icons indicate I have internet access and Spotify streaming works great. But most of the day I get no connection to service....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sdedson View Post
      Is there is a way to force a connection to service? The icons indicate I have internet access and Spotify streaming works great. But most of the day I get no connection to service....
      Try selecting Volvo ID app or weather app first and then select the download center after the first app connects.

Go back and select connection to download center and it will work.

Works all the time with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will also try this as I get the no connection message all the time lately. What has changed to cause this?
      2006 XC70 (traded for XC60)
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD (traded for XC90)
      2018 XC90 T6 Momentum + Maple Brown metallic/amber leather, air suspension, (picked up at dealer 6/22/17)
      Added Polestar 10/26/17

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I honestly donít know
      Itís been always like this with me

But then again Iím new just got my car less than 6 months ago and always worked around this the way I just shared with you

Go to Communication menu and ensure the carís internet modem is set to ďroam.Ē That corrected issue for me. Evidently AT&T is having issues of late.
      2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Osmium Grey | All Options | Polestar

In my case, if the sensus starts without starting the car (i.e. when you open the door, and don't start the car soon) I tend to get that message. Changing apps and getting back to the app always fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by carz View Post
      In my case, if the sensus starts without starting the car (i.e. when you open the door, and don't start the car soon) I tend to get that message. Changing apps and getting back to the app always fixes it.
      Mine starts as driverís door opens as well. Believe itís designed that way to cut down on boot time. However, it boots to same settings as I had last left it.
      2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Osmium Grey | All Options | Polestar

I just posted in the SIM Card thread about getting messages saying that the SIM can't be recognized. Not sure of the exact message but it's something to that effect.

I've seen issues where I can't connect to the Weather app but Spotify works..?

Modem/AT&T roaming is enabled as of Wednesday.

Typically I turn the modem off, wait a minute, and turn it back on again to resolve these types of issues. Still unclear if it's a modem/SIM issue or an AT&T/network issue.

Coincidentally my issues started happening right before my complimentary 3GB of data was expiring.

V I L M A
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ [4/16 Build - Delivered Sep 2016]
      Onyx Black & Amber
      Polestar✦ | 20"s | Convenience | Vision | Climate w/ HUD | Bowers&Wilkins | Towing Pkg | Booster | Protection Plus | Apple CarPlay | Pilot Assist 2 | IntelliSafe Support Upgrade

AT&T is having service issues right now affecting all cars (not just Volvo) that use their service. The temporary fix is to enable roaming until AT&T gets the problem worked out. See this thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...T-Service-Down
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2020 Ford F-150 Platinum/ 2019 VW Golf R 6MT
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

I have had my 2016 XC90 since last year, when we first bought the car (used) it had no apps installed. So almost a year later I decided to look at this again as we still have "no connection to service". We dont have the SIM card connected to ATT but I connect it to my homes wifi successfully. WIFI symbol shows successful connections however "no connection to service" still show up and we have ZERO apps. My wife brought the car to Volvo yesterday for the most current updates and on top of this the AUTO STOP/START doesnt work.
      Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeag60 View Post
      I have had my 2016 XC90 since last year, when we first bought the car (used) it had no apps installed. So almost a year later I decided to look at this again as we still have "no connection to service". We dont have the SIM card connected to ATT but I connect it to my homes wifi successfully. WIFI symbol shows successful connections however "no connection to service" still show up and we have ZERO apps. My wife brought the car to Volvo yesterday for the most current updates and on top of this the AUTO STOP/START doesnt work.
      Any thoughts?
      In my experience, installing apps does not require an active AT&T subscription as apps will download and update as long as the original SIM is installed and you're in a coverage area. I'm not sure why you're getting that message when connected to your home Wi-Fi but sometimes it does take a while for the connection to be established over cellular so it may be the same with Wi-Fi. If I recall correctly, it can also take a long time for the apps list to populate for some reason.

As for start/stop, there are a multitude of reasons why it might not work ranging from not having the driver's seat belt latched to having a low charge on your batteries. You'd want to check your manual to make sure you've eliminated all known causes before assuming there's a problem: https://support.volvocars.com/en-CA/...a80151220857bd
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription

Our whole download center is blank and devoid of any apps or ability to update anything. The only thing I thought of was doing a complete system reset as when we bought the car I think my wife just overwrote the original owners profile although I am not sure.
      The dealer did a software update to combat the auto stop start issue although I am seeing now perhaps the path to getting this fixed eventually leads to battery replacement.
      When you say a long time to establish do you mean 5 minutes, 10 minutes or longer ?

Our whole download center is blank and devoid of any apps or ability to update anything. The only thing I thought of was doing a complete system reset as when we bought the car I think my wife just overwrote the original owners profile although I am not sure.
      The dealer did a software update to combat the auto stop start issue although I am seeing now perhaps the path to getting this fixed eventually leads to battery replacement.
      When you say a long time to establish do you mean 5 minutes, 10 minutes or longer ?
      It intermittences. I had cases that I couldn't connect to download center for more than one day. It doesn't hurt because I don't need to update apps everyday. However, there is a case that app doesn't start due to an update available and it cannot be connected. That sucks. I keep WIFI on (use my cell phone hotspot) while driving and it usually will connect before my trip ends. Regarding home WIFI, you may not want to wait for such long time, e.g. > 5 minutes in the car to monitor the connection and use up the battery power .
      Last edited by taofen_wang; 04-05-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Brought the car back to the dealer again. The start stop was not working because they had to charge the battery, they said it was less than 50%. It worked on the way home but its not working again today.
      The no connection issue persists but I wonder if it is necessary to have the ATT sim card working?
      Dealer is researching this issue further.

I am still seeing intermittent connectivity w/ AT&T.
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2020 Ford F-150 Platinum/ 2019 VW Golf R 6MT
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

Quote Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
      I am still seeing intermittent connectivity w/ AT&T.
      Mine was recently offline for 8-10 days, but since this past weekend it has been working fine (downloaded new Spotify, etc.).

what a mickey mouse operation....

Can you go with T-Mobile in these cars?
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

VOC / Connectivity Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorVolvo View Post
      Mine was recently offline for 8-10 days, but since this past weekend it has been working fine (downloaded new Spotify, etc.).
      Did you have roaming enabled the whole time?

Can anyone confirm 100% that you do NOT need the ATT cell connection for this to work? I can connect to my home wifi but the download center, updates and app are all completely blank. Dealer seems to be completely lost with this, there answer so far is further diagnostics with the tech division. They also mentioned that most owners don't even know the apps and download center exist.
      Auto start/stop is not working again so back the car goes to Volvo for the 3rd time in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaVolvo View Post
      Did you have roaming enabled the whole time?
      Don't recall how it's configured, but I didn't modify the connection settings for the duration of the outage.

VOC / Connectivity Expert
      Can anyone confirm 100% that you do NOT need the ATT cell connection for this to work? I can connect to my home wifi but the download center, updates and app are all completely blank. Dealer seems to be completely lost with this, there answer so far is further diagnostics with the tech division. They also mentioned that most owners don't even know the apps and download center exist.
      Auto start/stop is not working again so back the car goes to Volvo for the 3rd time in 7 days.
      I can tell you 100% as long as you have a valid internet connection, you should see a complete globe in the top left. That confirms your connection.

Apps showing up could be something else. But to your question.. any valid internet connection is what you need.
      Any comments made are of my own opinion and not that of my employer!

T-Mobile works fine. But that will not cure no connection to service. That issue is intermittent and lies elsewhere...I suspect Volvo has a server (or pool of servers) that manages software and app updates and is the down some of the time. But that is just my speculation.

Anyone else having trouble with this lately? The weather app (and other apps) says it can't launch because it needs an update. When I go to the download center I've been getting the "No connection to server" message for several days. 100% sure that I have a web connection.

Quote Originally Posted by hehkl00 View Post
      Anyone else having trouble with this lately? The weather app (and other apps) says it can't launch because it needs an update. When I go to the download center I've been getting the "No connection to server" message for several days. 100% sure that I have a web connection.
      Yup I have this since few days, shows new updates but nothing is there to update
      And maps goes crazy and just disconnects route, and yesterday screen switches off. And remains black

This last week, I got that message twice. Each time, I went into the settings and I found that the car modem was off. Never had this problem before and not sure why, all of a sudden, it's turning off. But turning it back on has fixed the issue both times.

I have no SIM card installed in the car. I exclusively connect to the Internet via my mobile phone over Bluetooth connection.
      I can confirm that download center and everything else works in my case.

However, I can also confirm that Sensus suffers from very bad implementation of Internet connectivity. When I stream in TuneIn and try to browse for other TuneIn radio stations, in 99% of cases this completely breaks the whole Internet connectivity for all the Sensus applications. The Internet connection icon remains in connected state, however. It is a useless icon, it does not check the connection periodically, it only tracks when I disconnect the phone. But it does not detect any loss of connectivity when the phone is connected.

Still not working for me. I've tried turning the modem off and on with no luck. I've also tried it multiple times while connected to my home wifi and still nothing. I sent an email to Volvo support 24 hours ago and despite their pledge to reply within 2 hours, have heard nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hehkl00 View Post
      I sent an email to Volvo support 24 hours ago and despite their pledge to reply within 2 hours, have heard nothing.
      Right. As I have experienced repeatedly in the past eleven years, Volvo Customer Care is an oxymoron. The latter half of that term is particularly apt.
      Current: 2020 V60 T5 FWD, Denim Blue/Blonde, Momentum, Multimedia, Premium, Advanced, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, 19" Five Spoke Cut Rims
      Current: 2018 V90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Charcoal, Inscription, Dark Flame Birch, Convenience, no B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Black Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel
      Past: 2017 S90 T5 FWD;2 x 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD; 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5
      First: 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Right. As I have experienced repeatedly in the past eleven years, Volvo Customer Care is an oxymoron. The latter half of that term is particularly apt.
      Amen to that. It's their standard response. The last time they promised to call me back was a month ago. If you call them back again, they will apologize profusely, admit this is unacceptable, promise to call you back and - again - it won't happen.

Finally took my car in for this issue. A software update resolved it.

Over a year later and this issue still exists on a brand new car.

I tried connecting my XC40 to the modem, my houseís WiFi and my phone. It shows it connects but doesnít do anything.

It really sucks that I have to go back to the dealer again for them to update it.

Quote Originally Posted by bimanth View Post
      Over a year later and this issue still exists on a brand new car.

I tried connecting my XC40 to the modem, my houseís WiFi and my phone. It shows it connects but doesnít do anything.

It really sucks that I have to go back to the dealer again for them to update it.

Silly question but did you activate your AT&T plan ?
      And does the weather app work for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      Silly question but did you activate your AT&T plan ?
      And does the weather app work for you ?

Yes, my plan is activated but I donít have the weather app, I donít have any apps installed.

Finally got to the dealer and they had no clue what to do. They said the car has the latest software update and said they would open up a ticket with Volvo.

No matter what network the car connects to, none of the connections work. Iíve tried the cars modem, house WiFi, phone hotspot, salesmanís hot spot and others. They all actually connect as indicated by the white WiFi icon and the globe but canít access the internet.

We pulled another XC40 up to mine and boom it worked right away.

Iíve tried switching profiles, factory reset, several different networks. Get this, I was able to use the carís built in hotspot on my phone but no internet working in the car!!!

Anyone have any ideas on what else to try?

I was reading through the manual and it mentioned that if the battery is disconnected you need to reset the clock or the internet might not work. I tried this and it started to work and it brought up a list of apps I could download but as soon as I hit install it quickly says paused.

So close yet still not working!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast