Will there ever be a c40
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Will there ever be a c40

Having been a former c30 owner and lover I have a soft spot for the concept of a Volvo coupe. Since the v40 was sort of a replacement would it slot there, should it ever come to pass? I know the idea of a 20 has been kicked around too but that would seem too compact? The c30 was based on the previous s40 so it seems to make more sense? Anybody know if this has been floated?

I know couples are a niche, but the big boys all have them, albeit more upmarket (A5 and 4series). Seems like Volvo needs to go there but maybe they giving the coupe space over to polestar and not looking back.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ptpatrick View Post
      Having been a former c30 owner and lover I have a soft spot for the concept of a Volvo coupe. Since the v40 was sort of a replacement would it slot there, should it ever come to pass? I know the idea of a 20 has been kicked around too but that would seem too compact? The c30 was based on the previous s40 so it seems to make more sense? Anybody know if this has been floated?

I know couples are a niche, but the big boys all have them, albeit more upmarket (A5 and 4series). Seems like Volvo needs to go there but maybe they giving the coupe space over to polestar and not looking back.
      I believe now that they are near complete with the main new SPA and CMA product releases, and profits are very good, we should start seeing niche variants. Who would have thought, even a year ago, that we'd have a near future release of the SPA sports car coupe (new Polestar division 600 hp hybrid flagship).

Unfortunately we haven't seen any styling concepts from Volvo of cabriolet variants, which for Volvo has been a sure sign of pending development. If they do proceed, I agree with you that a CMA/40-Series based retractable hard top cabriolet/coupe makes sense, but then there is that lovely Polestar 1 coupe model already in the pipeline, with its greater profit margin potential; important for limited production variants. The questions with this conversion would be around available space for a retractable roof, considering the rear electric motor and battery placement, and how much strengthening/stiffening of the chassis and body would be required to reduce inherent convertible flexing.

ca74f3d987f6b5b891ca9acc8be2d544.jpg
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements