SUCCESS!! Auto Start/Stop Permanently Disable - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
      Just curious... Does auto-stop/start still function when in Sport mode? That might be a solution for the ASS haters, LOL.
      Sport mode turns off auto start stop for me... though its not practical for this car given it flips character 180 degrees when that happens.
      2017 V60 P*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just off the chat with Volvo rep. I was chatting 1-st time when I had S60/2015.5 and they said Volvo is working on making “off” state savavble. Now they are saying they are not planning... shame.

But I want to press it once and forever, not doing every time I am starting engine. It was OK in my S60/2015.5 but in the new XC60/2018 I have to go to the 2-nd screen.... I can address the same question to Volvo: what is the big deal to save “off” state in driver’s profile or somewhere else?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The 2019 and later Volvos are tested for their EPA economy ratings with the system disengaged so now users can turn it off and keep it off. As said by others (and I understand this is an old thread brought up from the grave) this can't be retroactive because of the window stickers. Actually, you disabling an emission system would also be against federal regulations. It's really not so bad. I generally don't care if it's on or off. Especially in the older cars... if you need to get going in a hurry, just slap it into sport mode. You can always control the brake pressure to and override it. The number of times you need to go fast from a stop to avoid an accident that you didn't know was coming up are slim to only when you're being a poor driver. Sure it's one more thing to break but so is the starter motor!

Of interest to me, I'm not sure why anyone uses starter motors at all. With direct injection it would be easy to squirt just the right amount of fuel into the right cylinder and ignite it to start rotation. You could do this with antique cars (like brass era crank start) if they had been warmed up and you open the fuel and turned on the buzz box. This would be eliminate weight and complexity.

Another item gone away to save a few pounds that Volvo added back are the spare tire. Many of the cars of this period have the nearly useless can of fix o flat and a compressor. Folks didn't like that and Volvo went back to actual spares for non hybrids... though I suspect that means we'll soon lose that feature again.

I'm not quite an expert but here in the US corporate avg fuel economy is based in part by the footprint. I remember reading that back when I worked at Ford the F150 did better for Fords corporate avg than the Fiesta did, because for the size, the F150 was better. I had a fiesta and hauled more chicken feed and farm materials (even an empty hay wagon got towed) than most F150s ever see. So there is certainly some regulatory issues here. Volvo's avg is plenty high enough that they can make adjustments due to consumer demand such as spares and ASS.

Quote Originally Posted by jdonde472 View Post
      But I want to press it once and forever, not doing every time I am starting engine. It was OK in my S60/2015.5 but in the new XC60/2018 I have to go to the 2-nd screen.... I can address the same question to Volvo: what is the big deal to save “off” state in driver’s profile or somewhere else?
      Did you not read this thread you dug up?

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2