Anyone install 15mm spacers on stock suspension with stock 20-inch rims/tires?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Anyone install 15mm spacers on stock suspension with stock 20-inch rims/tires?

I ordered the 15mm H&R spacers from Viva for my S60 T6 R-Design and loved how they made the car look. I want to install them on my S60 Polestar. Has anyone installed 15mm spacers with the stock suspension and 20-inch stock rims/tires? Was there any rubbing or other issues to be concerned with?

Thank you!
      Last edited by Rebel Yell; 04-05-2018 at 08:32 PM.
      Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sherman Fan: Yes, 15mm is no problem. See my thread here at SS. You have to either roll the rear fenders, or cut back the inner fender lip on the rears. The fronts are super easy. See the thread.

Thank you. Btw, who/what is Sherman Fan?
      Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

why would you want to do this to the P*? Do you want to kick up more debris with the stick tires onto your car finish. What do you gain out of the spacers?
      '14 S60 RD (His) Traded for 2017 P*
      '13 S80 3.2 Platinum | Ice White | Beige Interior (Hers)
      '16 XC90 T6 Momentum w all options | Ember Black (Hers)
      '17 S60 P* with all options|Ice White|Lumar Tint|Mud Guards|Wheel Locks|CF Mirror Covers|Hexomats|Interior LED|Xpel Ultimate Frt of Car|OEM Wheels Powder Coated Charcoal Gray|Elevate RSB|Black Painted Rotor Edges
      '09S2k Chicane Silver Low Mileage (His)

Quote Originally Posted by DFVS60T6RD View Post
      What do you gain out of the spacers?
      The 15mm spacers enhances the stance of the car. Adding the VST lowering springs to the front completes the look. Here is an example:

2018-03-21_10-58-48 by Oscar Pair, on Flickr
      Last edited by OscarII; 06-06-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Okay!! Got it, it looks sick
      '14 S60 RD (His) Traded for 2017 P*
      '13 S80 3.2 Platinum | Ice White | Beige Interior (Hers)
      '16 XC90 T6 Momentum w all options | Ember Black (Hers)
      '17 S60 P* with all options|Ice White|Lumar Tint|Mud Guards|Wheel Locks|CF Mirror Covers|Hexomats|Interior LED|Xpel Ultimate Frt of Car|OEM Wheels Powder Coated Charcoal Gray|Elevate RSB|Black Painted Rotor Edges
      '09S2k Chicane Silver Low Mileage (His)

Quote Originally Posted by DFVS60T6RD View Post
      why would you want to do this to the P*? Do you want to kick up more debris with the stick tires onto your car finish. What do you gain out of the spacers?
      After seeking the expert advice of OscarII, I ended up going with the 10mm spacers (front and rear), as I didn't want to alter the fenders or wheel liners. The 10mm turned out to be perfect. They push the wheels out so they are essentially even with the wheel opening. They definitely improve the appearance and give the car a more aggressive/athletic stance. Plus, I haven't noticed that much more dirt or debris being kicked up by the tires.

The 10mm's are the sweet spot as it gives you the most benefit per investment in time and tears. ERST makes a very high quality 13mm set, but 13mm's may require fender mods. 15mm definitely require fender mods.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarII View Post
      The 10mm's are the sweet spot as it gives you the most benefit per investment in time and tears. ERST makes a very high quality 13mm set, but 13mm's may require fender mods. 15mm definitely require fender mods.
      Agreed. There is def a cost savings going with the 10mm spacers. Four 10mm spacers, including the extended bolts and shipping were $300. Based on the current exchange rate, four Erst 13mm spacers run a little over $400 plus shipping.

Rebel Yell: Could you post the exact parts you purchased? This will help others to achieve the same look. It can be difficult to determine exactly what wheel bolts to get to account for the extra width of the spacer. And, please post a photo of your car Dude!

Rebel Yell: Could you post the exact parts you purchased? This will help others to achieve the same look. It can be difficult to determine exactly what wheel bolts to get to account for the extra width of the spacer. And, please post a photo of your car Dude!
      Here is a link to the 10mm spacers I purchased. They included the extended bolts: http://www.vivaperformance.com/wheel...mm-centerbore/

And here are two pics of the rear:

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 06-06-2018 at 08:07 PM.

I just ordered 15mm for the rear of the xc60 from Blox Sport. 105.00 shipped
      15 Volvo XC60 R-Design Platinum Pearl White Metallic, POLESTAR EXHAUST TDI Tuning Box, POLESTAR TUNED , IPD Rear Sway Bar and links, IPD POLY TORQUE ROD Koni FSD's, Eibach Loweing Springs, Powerflex Torque Bushing, Bloxsport wheel spacers
      Sold: 2008 Volvo C30 2.0 Java/Cosmic White, Manual, Elevate Tune, Weird OEM Mood Lighting Kit, EST Catback Exhaust, Koni STR.T, H&R Springs, Injen Intake, 19' BBS SR Wheels, Ion Yellow Fogs,
      SoldL 2006 Volvo V70R, Magic Blue, Stock

Your P* is sex

The 15mm spacers enhances the stance of the car. Adding the VST lowering springs to the front completes the look. Here is an example:

2018-03-21_10-58-48 by Oscar Pair, on Flickr
      15 Volvo XC60 R-Design Platinum Pearl White Metallic, POLESTAR EXHAUST TDI Tuning Box, POLESTAR TUNED , IPD Rear Sway Bar and links, IPD POLY TORQUE ROD Koni FSD's, Eibach Loweing Springs, Powerflex Torque Bushing, Bloxsport wheel spacers
      Sold: 2008 Volvo C30 2.0 Java/Cosmic White, Manual, Elevate Tune, Weird OEM Mood Lighting Kit, EST Catback Exhaust, Koni STR.T, H&R Springs, Injen Intake, 19' BBS SR Wheels, Ion Yellow Fogs,

I got the 13mm ERST spacer kit and VST springs. Happy with the end result... and no modding needed.
      16 V60P Silver
      04 V70R GT - SapphBlack/Gobi | 148K miles | 19" Fast FC04 Matte Bronze | Conti Extreme Contact DW | Hilton Stage II | IPD Intercooler, Springs/Sways, RKelly Intake, Rear Toe Rods, Rear Camber Bushings, Subframe Bushings | EST Downpipe, Touring Exhaust, Sport Pedals | Snabb Intake Pipe, Upper Charge Air Pipe | Viva CF Front Lip and Mirror Caps

Artizn: can you put a link to where we can purchase both the 13mm spacers and lowering springs that you installed on your car.
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
      Artizn: can you put a link to where we can purchase both the 13mm spacers and lowering springs that you installed on your car.
      Safe to say u landed a missile in ur carport 🚙
      2013 xc60 R-Design Rebel Blue

Quote Originally Posted by artizen View Post
      I got the 13mm ERST spacer kit and VST springs. Happy with the end result... and no modding needed.
      Ya Dude, you are rocking it. Have you added the Elevate Cars rear sway bar?

(For any of the owners contemplating this mod the ERST 13mm spacers are the way to go. I am running the H&R 15mm successfully with slight fender mods. The ERST spacers are super high quality and generally do not require any fender mods.-jeff)

When you run the 13 mm, do the wheels look flush with the fender front and back? I just assumed that you would need 15 mm in the back to make it look the same as the front. Of course this is assuming stock wheels and stock suspension.
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

I have 15mm for sale. Bought them last month from Connor at Viva. but they look too wide on my front. PM me if interested.

Might go with 10mm up front and 15mm in the back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
      Might go with 10mm up front and 15mm in the back.

10MM front/15MM rear on my P* Tuned V60R Platinum with 245/40r19 Firehawk Indy 500s.

Just a note, my winter wheels "stick out" 10mm from stock due to their ET45 offset and I don't like the way the road grime/dirt is thrown up onto the doors compared to the stock offset. I also have mudflaps on the front and the extra width does throw debris past the mudflaps compared to the stock wheels. The back mudflaps do their job. But if you live in a drier or more moderate climate (i.e. California) then it probably is not issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonV60RD View Post
      10MM front/15MM rear on my P* Tuned V60R Platinum with 245/40r19 Firehawk Indy 500s.

Jason, Nice looking V60 R-Design. May I suggest you consider these front winglets to complete the look: https://www.ebay.com/itm/volvo-s60-v...4AAOSwo~1aqsi7. I ordered them for an S60 R-Design I previously owned. The quality is very good. I took them to a local body shop to have them painted and installed. They look identical to the OEM winglets for a fraction of the price! My buddy Puredrive07 has them installed on his Passion Red 2015.5 V60 R-Design. You might know him from this forum.
      Last edited by Rebel Yell; 07-11-2019 at 08:43 PM.

I'd sell you my 15mm that I gotn
      off Vivaperformance for 80$ shipped with the extended bolts. I am running them in the front of my xc60 but want 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
      I ordered the 15mm H&R spacers from Viva for my S60 T6 R-Design and loved how they made the car look. I want to install them on my S60 Polestar. Has anyone installed 15mm spacers with the stock suspension and 20-inch stock rims/tires? Was there any rubbing or other issues to be concerned with?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by odiespankers07 View Post
      I'd sell you my 15mm that I gotn
      off Vivaperformance for 80$ shipped with the extended bolts. I am running them in the front of my xc60 but want 10mm
      Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by artizen View Post
      You are running 13mm front and back?
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Bump.

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Hello!

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

31. Remove Advertisements