Spacers Question
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spacers Question

Hello,

After recently lowering my car, I've been wanting to go wider and give it a flush look, especially in the back. I've been asking around on instagram and apparently the rear fenders are wider by a few mm than up front, which looks to be true to me without even measuring. I'm almost certain after some rough measurements that 10mm spacers will fit the rear wheels fine, but what about the front? I want a flush look on all fours and I feel that if I do 10mm up front, because of less wide fenders compared to in the back, then the front will look wider than the back like it does now. I've also only measured the rear wheels - the front doesn't look like it would be a huge problem to run 10mm after dropping 1" from stock T6 ride height, but again I'm not sure.

What do you all recommend? I tried looking for 5mm spacers that'll fit my car, and found some with same bolt pattern and centerbore but no reviews yet.. Maybe a 5mm up from and 10mm in the back would do the trick?

Thanks guys, and here's some pictures of the car with the current suspension set up.

image3

image2

image4

image1
      2011 Volvo S60 T6 Caspian Blue Metallic | Ferrita cat-back exhaust | IPD rear sway bar | Heico Sport Suspension | Polestar Chipped | Dash camera equipped

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your images don't work. Not sure about you being lowered but if you wait a couple of days I'm about to get 10mm front, 15mm rear on stock RD suspension. I'll put some pics up once done.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

+1. 10mm front 15mm rear on stock RD suspension. 15mm is too much in the front for my taste
      2015 S60 RD Sapphire Black / Polestar / Platinum / BLIS / Heated Nubuck Seats / Debadged /IPD Rear Swaybar / Eurosport Strutbrace/ 10mm spacers front /15mm spacers rear/ 35% ceramic tint / DWS 06/ Powerflex "Race" Torque Rod Insert / IPD HD Front & Rear Endlinks / SprintBooster / Volvo Project Winglets / TDI Tuning Box

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by freshwiler View Post
      +1. 10mm front 15mm rear on stock RD suspension. 15mm is too much in the front for my taste
      Would like to see how that looks, pictures?
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

I'm running 10 mm spacers on both the front and back, ET50 wheels, Eibach Pro springs (more comfy than the stock RD, same ride height unfortunately).

Last edited by m337jkb; 05-02-2018 at 12:36 AM.
      '13 S60 D5 AWD, RD, Polestar optimized, visually enhanced.
      ex: '12 C30, D3, RD, stock.

Quote Originally Posted by m337jkb View Post
      I'm running 10 mm spacers on both the front and back, ET50 wheels, Eibach Pro springs (more comfy than the stock RD, same ride height unfortunately).
      Pics??
      2011 Volvo S60 T6 Caspian Blue Metallic | Ferrita cat-back exhaust | IPD rear sway bar | Heico Sport Suspension | Polestar Chipped | Dash camera equipped

^sorry, the former link expired. I updated with an imgur link and a couple of more pics that you'll find if you click on the embedded one.

^sorry, the former link expired. I updated with an imgur link and a couple of more pics that you'll find if you click on the embedded one.
      Thank you!!! This is exactly what I want my fitment to look like!!

Such a good black/red combo on your car too!

I juts fitted Some Eibach Spacers 10mm front - 15mm rear. TBH I was expecting it to look wider in the rear, I probably could have gone 20mm! Im on stock 18" Ixions. Still it looks waaaay better than before and close to flush, the rear looked anaemic. I also noticed the improvement in handling instantly. I cant understate how much difference this has made. The overall grip has been significantly enhanced. It feels much more composed over bumps now. The bolts for the rear apparently are designed for a Lambo, they are huge! It looks too high but I don't see any easy fix for this as the ride is perfect imo.

Before

Before.jpg

After

After8.jpg

Before

Before2.jpg

After

After6.jpg
      Last edited by thezoneS60; 05-04-2018 at 06:58 PM.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneS60 View Post
      I juts fitted Some Eibach Spacers 10mm front - 15mm rear. TBH I was expecting it to look wider in the rear, I probably could have gone 20mm! Im on stock 18" Ixions. Still it looks waaaay better than before and close to flush, the rear looked anaemic. I also noticed the improvement in handling instantly. I cant understate how much difference this has made. The overall grip has been significantly enhanced. It feels much more composed over bumps now. The bolts for the rear apparently are designed for a Lambo, they are huge! It looks too high but I don't see any easy fix for this as the ride is perfect imo.

Before

Before.jpg

After

After8.jpg

Before

Before2.jpg

After

After6.jpg
      Thanks for the pics! I was tempted to go with +15mm in the back but my car sits a little too low for that I think. The stock R Design suspension is 15mm lower than the stock T6 suspension, and I took my car from stock height and dropped 30mm. In other words, 15mm lower than your car if you haven't done any suspension modifications. It doesn't seem like a big difference, but I don't like the idea of rubbing the fenders in the front or back.

Love the euro headlights with the rebel blue.. looking so fresh! Would you think +10mm on all four would look too much different from your current setup?

I'd love to piggyback on this and see if someone with 19" wheels has spacers and can speak to any rubbing issues. I would love to do the same 10MM front and 15MM rear, but I do not want to rub
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue: Climate + BLIS - 19" Polestar Wheels, IPD F&R End Links, IPD Rear Sway Bar, Powerflex "Race" Torque Rod Insert, Elevate/KPAX Exhaust, K&N Filter - What I've Done

^should be no problems on stock RD height, test fitted a set of '19 Polestar winters (ET 51 + 10 mm spacers all around).

Quote Originally Posted by RFicklin View Post
      Thanks for the pics! I was tempted to go with +15mm in the back but my car sits a little too low for that I think. The stock R Design suspension is 15mm lower than the stock T6 suspension, and I took my car from stock height and dropped 30mm. In other words, 15mm lower than your car if you haven't done any suspension modifications. It doesn't seem like a big difference, but I don't like the idea of rubbing the fenders in the front or back.

Love the euro headlights with the rebel blue.. looking so fresh! Would you think +10mm on all four would look too much different from your current setup?
      I cant speak for the 30mm drop but even at 15mm (spacer) in the back with stock RD suspension it still looks conservative imo.

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneS60 View Post
      I cant speak for the 30mm drop but even at 15mm (spacer) in the back with stock RD suspension it still looks conservative imo.
      Ok, thanks!

So I watched a video on the Eibach spacers on way you measure for spaces

https://youtu.be/D_HQN6VLCO4

And going by this the 2010+ S60 RD needs 30mm spaces on back and 20mm on front or would this look mad all together? See pics on different ways I measured for spacers and see attached video. I only measured rear wheel in photos but there is a 15mm difference in two ways I measured. (Don’t mind the dirt, needs a good wash and de-tar. And kurb damage, lent car to my wife’s friend 1 day and landed back like this )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 30/R and 20/F would be too aggressive. Having done 10/F and 15/R, I reckon 15/F and 20/R or even 10/F and 20/R would be perfect. The 10 on the fronts looks fine, the 15 on the back is still to conservative but I'm stuck with them now.

^I second this. I would've gone with a staggered setup (10 on the front/20 in the back) too if the car wasn't equipped with an AWD system.

Thanks guys for your input. I think I will go for 15F and 20R and see how they look.

^I second this. I would've gone with a staggered setup (10 on the front/20 in the back) too if the car wasn't equipped with an AWD system.
      Why is it a problem for AWD? I've got AWD and the handling has improved exponentially since going staggered.

From what I read online, what the dealership and the other shop where I have maintenance done on the car told me, it came to my understanding that it's not ok to go staggered on haldex systems that weren't designed to work that way. The reason being that even though it uses 'live data' as perceived by certain sensors, it is still tailored to perform in a certain manner.
      I am not an expert in any way, and may have been just scared for no good reason tho.

If your reasoning of going staggered with an AWD system is good enough, I might even buy another set of 10 mm spacers to stack on the rear. :P

For what it's worth, and with all respect, I think you may have been mislead a bit or just had a misunderstanding. I strongly suspect what you were being warned against was a staggered tire fitment (where some mount narrower front tires/wheels with wider rear tires/wheels, with inherently different sidewall height/aspect ratios). AWD cars are extremely sensitive to front/rear tire combinations that carry a larger outside diameter/circumference, which would likely burn up the clutches in the differentials.

Simply extending the wheels farther out from the hubs with wheel spacers, with no change in wheel/tire combination, shouldn't upset the rest of the driveline whatsoever.

I hope it helps.

By the way I see you're from Romania. I'm jealous. I've always dreamed of visiting your country.

From what I read online, what the dealership and the other shop where I have maintenance done on the car told me, it came to my understanding that it's not ok to go staggered on haldex systems that weren't designed to work that way. The reason being that even though it uses 'live data' as perceived by certain sensors, it is still tailored to perform in a certain manner.
      I am not an expert in any way, and may have been just scared for no good reason tho.

If your reasoning of going staggered with an AWD system is good enough, I might even buy another set of 10 mm spacers to stack on the rear. :P
      Last edited by bincky; 06-16-2018 at 04:40 PM.

I checked the Eibach website. They don't show spacers for Volvo cars.
      Last edited by nuge; 04-21-2019 at 03:30 AM.
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
      I checked the Eibach website. They don't show spacers for Volvo cars.

I beg to differ.

10mm

15mm
      Last edited by thezoneS60; 04-22-2019 at 04:45 AM.

I run 10mm spacers in front and 15mm in rear. Purchased from ebay with longer wheel bolts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Are you running the stock wheels and suspension? What brand spacers are you using? Any rubbing?
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Anyone want 15mm Spacers? Black powder coated with 19mm head extended lugs. I bought them off Viva last month, too wide for the front of my xc60, not the car, but for my own liking. 100.00 shipped. Feel free to PM me.
      Last edited by odiespankers07; 04-25-2019 at 11:23 PM.
      15 Volvo XC60 R-Design Platinum Pearl White Metallic, POLESTAR EXHAUST TDI Tuning Box, POLESTAR TUNED , IPD Rear Sway Bar and links, IPD POLY TORQUE ROD Koni FSD's, Eibach Loweing Springs, Powerflex Torque Bushing, Bloxsport wheel spacers
      Sold: 2008 Volvo C30 2.0 Java/Cosmic White, Manual, Elevate Tune, Weird OEM Mood Lighting Kit, EST Catback Exhaust, Koni STR.T, H&R Springs, Injen Intake, 19' BBS SR Wheels, Ion Yellow Fogs,
      SoldL 2006 Volvo V70R, Magic Blue, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
      Are you running the stock wheels and suspension? What brand spacers are you using? Any rubbing?
      I am running the DSK spacers from eBay. Link below.

Stock suspension, Ixxion 18x8 wheels. They have +55 or 50 offset, I can't remember. Tires are 235/45/18.

No rubbing. Lowered on this spacer setup I've heard of people rubbing a bit in the back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18378533757...m=183785337577

Quote Originally Posted by odiespankers07 View Post
      Anyone want 15mm Spacers? Black powder coated with 19mm head extended lugs. I bought them off Viva last month, too wide for the front of my xc60, not the car, but for my own liking. 100.00 shipped. Feel free to PM me.
      Why not use them in the back?
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Quote Originally Posted by RFicklin View Post
      Hello,

After recently lowering my car, I've been wanting to go wider and give it a flush look, especially in the back. I've been asking around on instagram and apparently the rear fenders are wider by a few mm than up front, which looks to be true to me without even measuring. I'm almost certain after some rough measurements that 10mm spacers will fit the rear wheels fine, but what about the front? I want a flush look on all fours and I feel that if I do 10mm up front, because of less wide fenders compared to in the back, then the front will look wider than the back like it does now. I've also only measured the rear wheels - the front doesn't look like it would be a huge problem to run 10mm after dropping 1" from stock T6 ride height, but again I'm not sure.

What do you all recommend? I tried looking for 5mm spacers that'll fit my car, and found some with same bolt pattern and centerbore but no reviews yet.. Maybe a 5mm up from and 10mm in the back would do the trick?

Thanks guys, and here's some pictures of the car with the current suspension set up.

image3

image2

image4

image1
      I agree that a staggered look with narrow spaces up front and thicker ones in the back is probably the way to go. I'm just trying to figure out if going with 10 mm upfront and 13 mm in the back might work out best. I'm worried that 5 mm up front will not push the wheel out as far as I wanted to. I think 10 mm in the back looks pretty good. My goal is to try to have the wheels as evenly pushed out as possible, front and back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

I've got 10mm front and 15mm rear. Looks great. I got the DSX ones after reading emgrock1's thread. $120 shipped, came with bolts as well. Only disappointment was that it was a 17mm bolt, so the 19mm tool that comes with the car no longer works. I just carry around a 17mm one now.

Quote Originally Posted by vdub6541 View Post
      I've got 10mm front and 15mm rear. Looks great. I got the DSX ones after reading emgrock1's thread. $120 shipped, came with bolts as well. Only disappointment was that it was a 17mm bolt, so the 19mm tool that comes with the car no longer works. I just carry around a 17mm one now.
      Yep, a bit annoying on the bolt size. Also, I upgraded to a 19" wheel recently - the plastic inner fender in the rear rubs. Wore through both sides.... Thankfully they're fairly inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by vdub6541 View Post
      Pictures of the car with the spacers?
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Has anyone run the 45 series 18" tire with H&R 15 mm spacer and H&R spring on the rear (given the stock offset +55 wheel)?

I have 10 mm (Eibach) front/15 mm (H&R) spacers rear on my T6 with stock Dynamic suspension (not R-Design) and 235/45 tires. I have rubbed slightly on the rears during hard cornering, but nothing to be worried about. I have been running for over a year and 25,000 miles with this setup and no issues.

However, I have (incoming today) a full suspension set from an R-Design with installed H&R's (and the complementary set of R-Design springs in another box) to play with.

With emgrock1's posts, I can see that his 235/45's are rubbing pretty badly on the R-Design drop (0.6"), so that gives me an indication that I'll probably have to pull out the spacers if I want to run the H&R set.

Just wanted to see what other experiences people have had here with that setup. I think if I had the stock 235/40's, I could probably get away with both the 15 mm spacer and the full 1.2" drop...
      Last edited by p.rico; 07-22-2019 at 12:41 PM.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S60 D5 Polestar View Post
      Thanks guys for your input. I think I will go for 15F and 20R and see how they look.

Did you get this done?
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      Has anyone run the 45 series 18" tire with H&R 15 mm spacer and H&R spring on the rear (given the stock offset +55 wheel)?

I have 10 mm (Eibach) front/15 mm (H&R) spacers rear on my T6 with stock Dynamic suspension (not R-Design) and 235/45 tires. I have rubbed slightly on the rears during hard cornering, but nothing to be worried about. I have been running for over a year and 25,000 miles with this setup and no issues.

However, I have (incoming today) a full suspension set from an R-Design with installed H&R's (and the complementary set of R-Design springs in another box) to play with.

With emgrock1's posts, I can see that his 235/45's are rubbing pretty badly on the R-Design drop (0.6"), so that gives me an indication that I'll probably have to pull out the spacers if I want to run the H&R set.

Just wanted to see what other experiences people have had here with that setup. I think if I had the stock 235/40's, I could probably get away with both the 15 mm spacer and the full 1.2" drop...
      VERY interested in your fitment findings. I don’t think you’ll be able to get much spacer in the back with those chunky tires and H&Rs. I’m running lower profile 235/40/18 with a conservative KW V3 drop and there’s almost no room between tire and fender liner out back on my car even with a rather inset wheel/ tire fitment. I’d actually like to get it higher to get the wheels spaced out better and have the fender clearance to do so.

Another option: There’s a weird bulge along the rear fender liners’ edge where it meets the fender, and that bulge intrudes into the space the outer edge of the tire tries to occupy on a lowered S/V60. If you clipped part of that edge away, it might add enough extra room for a tighter rear fitment without rubbing. If you feel around inside the wheel well you’ll feel the fender liner bulge that could probably be partially or completely trimmed or shaved away.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast