Spacers Question - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      The previous owner of the suspension set has a few images on here with his S60 on 234/45R18 wrapped Ixions and a 15 mm front/20 mm rear setup. He said he didn't have too much rubbing unless the trunk was loaded. I can't fathom how but he has the pictures to show for it, so I guess we'll see what happens when the struts/shocks get installed.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
      Pictures of the car with the spacers?
      Mind the crappy lighting and dirty car, this was in the parking garage at work.

Wheels are 18x8 ET 55, front 10mm and rear 15mm spacers (DSX spacers on ebay). Stock suspension, T5 FWD V60. Tires are 245/40/18. Went with a slightly beefier tire due to crappy Houston roads.

Here's the car.
      View post on imgur.com

Front wheel fitment from the front
      View post on imgur.com

Front wheel fitment from the rear
      View post on imgur.com

Rear wheel fitment from the rear
      View post on imgur.com

Rear wheel fitment, different angle
      View post on imgur.com

Decided to throw on my erst 10mm/13mm spacer since no one seemed interested. Looks great, unfortunately the rear rubs like crazy on the outer plastic liner. I was thinking of using a heat gun to mold them in a bit (only hitting in one spot), but am thinking of using the 10mm in the rear instead. Wheel offset is 50mm, making it 40 in the front and 37 in the rear. That combined with the 235/45/18 and KWs=rub.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

How low are your KW's set?
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

My mechanic set the height so I'm not 100% sure, pretty darn low though. With the beefier 45 tall sidewall I cannot fit my finger between the top of the tire and fender. I'm thinking I may have to raise the rear a bit if I want to keep the offset plus tires.

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      How low are your KW's set?

Installed 10/15 spacers. Before and after pictures.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

They really do transform this car, pity they're illegal where I live.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

Illigal? How would the police know that you have spacers on your car? Or do you mean that you cannot even purchase them where you live?

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Illigal? How would the police know that you have spacers on your car? Or do you mean that you cannot even purchase them where you live?
      Other countries have much more thorough annual inspections than the US. He probably wouldn't be able to pass the required annual inspection with spacers installed.
      I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design | 1998 S70 T5 SE | 1986 944 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneS60 View Post
      They really do transform this car, pity they're illegal where I live.
      Where do you live?
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      Where do you live?
      Australia. Wheels spacers of any kind are illegal country wide. Competently stupid imo. Last 4 cars I've owned had spacers and the increased the grip is substantial.

They probably wouldn't have a clue even if the pulled me over. You can purchase them easily here.

Quote Originally Posted by zenmervolt View Post
      Other countries have much more thorough annual inspections than the US. He probably wouldn't be able to pass the required annual inspection with spacers installed.
      There are no annual inspections at all here (luckily). Once your car is registered that's it. Only issue there is, there are a lot of ****ty old cars running around the roads here.

Issue is, insurance may be void in a crash situation but then again, probably not the sort of thing insurance assessors are looking for (but you never know) it's a risk.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust

There are no annual inspections at all here (luckily). Once your car is registered that's it. Only issue there is, there are a lot of ****ty old cars running around the roads here.
      Ahh, nice. I was thinking you might be somewhere like England or Germany where their MOT inspections can be pretty thorough.
      I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design | 1998 S70 T5 SE | 1986 944 Turbo

If almost all of the Volvo enthusiasts on this forum like the look of their cars better with spacers, why aren't the cars designed to look that way from the factory?
      2015 V60 T6 AWD Sport Suspension, ipd rear sway bar, 19 inch Bor wheels, Polestar Optimization, Premium Plus, Silver
      Previous: 2003 Passat 1.8T wagon, 1989 MX-6 GT 4WS, 1979 GS-1000E

Quote Originally Posted by JMarkias View Post
      If almost all of the Volvo enthusiasts on this forum like the look of their cars better with spacers, why aren't the cars designed to look that way from the factory?
      That's easy. Because then they couldn't upsell you wider offset wheels or Polestar's with wider offset wheels. You need to have a conservative baseline and an upgrade path.

That's easy. Because then they couldn't upsell you wider offset wheels or Polestar's with wider offset wheels. You need to have a conservative baseline and an upgrade path.
      Nah. I have Polestar wheels on my V60. They're the same offset. Volvo doesn't make a properly offset wheel for these year cars. I couldn't tell you why they do it, whether intentional or not - BMW does a very good job of this. They need to take notes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Installed 10/15 spacers. Before and after pictures.

The spacers have been installed for a couple of weeks and I did start to notice that the rear tires do rub against the outside of the fenders. It's very slight and only happens if you are going fast and go over bumps. I'm going to try to trim the plastic molding on the fender.

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

The spacers have been installed for a couple of weeks and I did start to notice that the rear tires do rub against the outside of the fenders. It's very slight and only happens if you are going fast and go over bumps. I'm going to try to trim the plastic molding on the fender.

Yep. Mine are destroyed. Thankfully it's not the whole liner but a separate piece.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

I'm thinking of swapping the 15mm front rear to front and getting some 20mm for the rears. It still doesn't look quite flush enough for my liking. I wont have any rubbing issues as I have the Polestar accessory suspension.
      Last edited by thezoneS60; 09-23-2019 at 11:28 PM.

I'm thinking of swapping the 15mm front rear to front and getting some 20mm for the rears. It doesn't look quote flush enough for my liking. I wont have any rubbing issues as I have the Polestar accessory suspension.
      I agree with your assessment. I would love to put 15mm in the front and 20mm in the back. But the 15mm in the back are already making my tires rub against the fender a little bit. So 20mm in the back would definitely be a problem, unless I cut or roll the fenders.

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Has anyone ran the 12mm spacers in the front?

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

Hello? Anyone? Bueller.

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

I've got 15mm in the front.

I have a 2016 R-design with 19" ixion IIs. Original setup. Will 10s in front and 15s in rear work without rubbing?
      2016 Crystal White 3.0 V60 r-design Platinum with P*, BLIS, technology package, convenience package, climate package, 19” Ixion IIs

Spacers Question

I have 15mm all the way around and no rubbing, that’s with the factory rdesign 19” too. The 20mm spacers in the rear rubs but not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by limey; 06-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeg16 View Post
      I have a 2016 R-design with 19" ixion IIs. Original setup. Will 10s in front and 15s in rear work without rubbing?

This is 10mm front/15mm rear. Haven’t Had any rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current: '16 Crystal White Pearl V60 R-design platinum P* (Drive-e) AND '07 Oyster Grey Metallic S80 v8

Hi there buddy, I recently just purchased Eibach 2 sets of 15mm wheel spacers from eBay which came without the nuts/bolts.
      I have gotten in contact with eibachshopuk and I was quoted always £120 for the 20nuts needs for the front and rears, honestly I think that’s a ludicrous price to pay and I lost for words.
      I will like to know where you bought yours which you used for your car.
      My car is Volvo S60 D3 2014 model, and the nuts specs on the eibach site lists;
      M14 x 1.5
      19 - spanner size
      Conical seat F
      33mm - shaft length.
      Sorry for the long tirade, hope to hear from you soon.

Definitely want to go with 20mm on the back. But need to roll the fenders.

2018 Volvo V60 Polestar
      2015 Audi Allroad

20mm rear and 15mm front, lowered on h&r and no rubbing yet.
      235/35R19 Pirelli PZero

Skickat från min SM-G986B via Tapatalk

31. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2