“New Software Updates Available” message and then no updates available
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

“New Software Updates Available” message and then no updates available

Frequently I’ll receive a “new updates available” prompt on the sensus screen. Tapping it takes me to the Download Center, where there aren’t any updates available for either apps nor maps. Does anyone else get these messages and then find there’s nothing to download?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 XC90 T5 AWD R-Design | Onyx Black | B&W | 22" Wheels | Carbon Inlays | Convenience | Polestar | CeramicPro 9H | OSD Pickup Sept 2017

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you have arrow buttons lit up next to the map it means that some or all regions of the map have updates available. They send out map updates pretty often it seems.
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor / 2019 VW Golf R 6MT (On order)
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

Quote Originally Posted by amiller89 View Post
      Frequently I’ll receive a “new updates available” prompt on the sensus screen. Tapping it takes me to the Download Center, where there aren’t any updates available for either apps nor maps. Does anyone else get these messages and then find there’s nothing to download?

With maps, you can easily check on the Volvo website if the new version is available. Then download with your computer onto a USB memory stick to upload later in your car

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by amiller89 View Post
      Yup. That happens to me, too. I use it as a reminder to do a full map update.
      "Electra" ~ 2018 XC90 T8 R-Design Bursting Blue ~ Driver's Log ~ Gallery
      Gone but not forgotten: "The Beast" GMC Yukon XL Denali ~ "The STI, aka Dexter" Subaru Impreza WRX STI ~ "Dixie" VW Passat GLX

Had that issue for months
      Dealer couldn’t solve it.

I got it resolved by downloading a full region update as SG mentioned.

Download the North America map on a USB drive from the Volvo website and hock it to the car and will resolve a lot of issues for you.

The process takes about 30 min in the car.

Car has to be running.

And you need a 64 GB formatted empty USB

The guidelines are straight forward.

You can turn off the car during the process and continue later. The car will pick up where it left with no issues.

Most dealers don’t do it properly for some reasons beyond my apprehension.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      Had that issue for months
      Dealer couldn’t solve it.

I got it resolved by downloading a full region update as SG mentioned.

Download the North America map on a USB drive from the Volvo website and hock it to the car and will resolve a lot of issues for you.

The process takes about 30 min in the car.

Car has to be running.

And you need a 64 GB formatted empty USB

The guidelines are straight forward.

You can turn off the car during the process and continue later. The car will pick up where it left with no issues.

Most dealers don’t do it properly for some reasons beyond my apprehension.

Good luck.

Car doesn't have to be running to upload the map from USB stick. On, yes.

The download to a USB takes time for me, but the upload onto the car is very quick, less than 3 or 5mins.

My maps are around 50GB or more when expanded

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

I might have misread the instruction when it came to on and took it as running. Again I was quoting from memory.

I also did update gracenote and voice control
      I’m guessing it might be either for one of those to keep running or it was one of the dealers techs who advised so.

Anyhow I do appreciate the update in that regards
      It’s really helpfully now since I don’t have to keep the car running.

It took me a while about 20-30 min in the car while updating due the fact that the software was flushed before and never installed properly.

It took 2-3 cycles of on and off till the car actually stated that maps were successfully update.

So again my unit might have had a corrupted firmware. Which needed longer to deploy a newer version of the maps.

http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...he-latest-maps

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements