Keyless Entry vs Keyless Drive
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Very excited to pick up my t5 with momentum plus package next week and was reviewing the spec sheet. I found that one of the items listed was Keyless Entry which is not available for the t5, only Keyless Drive. I’m quite mortified as one of the reasons I got the plus package was to have promoximty Keyless entry.

Does anyone know what the difference is? Is this simply a misprint on their spec sheet? I assume a specd out t5 would have such a feature.
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Did you get the Convenience Package? I think that’s how you get keyless entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo XC60 - Pine Grey T5 Momentum - Advanced, Convenience, Vision, B&W, 20" Momentum wheels

Should be just a misprint. The Euro Delivery documents show that the Momentum Plus package gives you Keyless Entry with the Handsfree Tailgate.
      Current: 2017 Mercedes-Benz C43 4Matic
      Previous: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Premier Plus

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yes I did get Convenience as well. According to the Volvo Canada site, the convenience package only gives

- Pilot Assist - Semi Autonomous Drive System w/ Adaptive Cruise Control
      - Compass (Interior Rearview Mirror)
      - Power Folding Rear Seats
      - Power Rear Headrests
      - HomeLink™ Integrated Garage Door Opener

Nothing about the keyless. On the Momentum Plus, it includes Keyless Drive w/ Handsfree Tail Gate Opening which includes "The mini remote control is so small you can bring it with you all the time, everywhere, it's even waterproof to a depth of 10 metres. Included in keyless locking and unlocking, it also allows you to lock and unlock your Volvo as long as you bring the remote with you. For your extra convenience, the LED ground lighting under the doors further illuminates the area below the open door. The Handsfree tailgate opening allows you to open or close the power-operated tailgate simply by moving your foot under the rear bumper, very convenient when your hands are full."

It's all a bit confusing, based on the above paragraph wording I would assume there is proximity keyless entry, but it's the spec sheet on the dealer website that scares me.

T5 T6
      Keyless Entry and Drive - STD
      Keyless Drive STD -

Anyways, I'll find out soon and update in case anyone in the future's interested in a T5 Momentum.

Ahh, it may be a Canadian trim difference, since XC60s don’t have the Momentum Plus option here... I have a T5 with the Convenience trim which comes with Keyless Entry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo XC60 - Pine Grey T5 Momentum - Advanced, Convenience, Vision, B&W, 20" Momentum wheels

it's a canadian difference, we got the base everything. keyless drive (lower option) is basically a fob that you need to press the button to lock and unlock but don't need to insert it to drive. keyless entry (higher option) work on the proximity sensor where you touch the door handle and it'll unlock the door.

IMO, the only options we wish we got were the heated package (just for the steering wheel) and blis and maybe 360 camera and probably adaptive cruise. but we really don't miss it. base model is still well featured. especially coming from an older car.

Just wanted to confirm that the t5 with momentum plus package does come with Keyless Entry, even though the website only mentions Keyless Drive with the handsfree tailgate.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements