Suggested OSD Financing option - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Quote Originally Posted by ig_mb View Post
      For Volvo, model years start in August, so MY2020 starts this August/2019.
      This is not correct for USA OSDs. Some folks have posted they've already placed MY2020 orders. Also please see my post #105 above.
      Quote Originally Posted by ig_mb View Post
      I'd suggest go to your dealer and engage them in conversation. Or call Bob or William - they will explain everything in great detail.
      Please note OSD shipments are now officially required to be delivered to the ordering dealer, per folks who have placed MY2020 OSD orders.
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

When I told my Volvo dealer I was going to use a local credit union they said they would match the rate. So all was good. As it was getting closer to our pick-up date, I decided to complete the financing and left a message for them to call me. They did not return my call and my salesperson was on vacation. Rather than wait to the last minute I contacted PenFed (Plan B) and got approved for a 2.49% loan, immediately.

My salesperson, who I highly recommend, came back and I told her I was ready. I then received an email from them (finance) stating that they did not do loans with PenFed and they only allowed their lenders for OSD. I then contacted LightStream (PlanC) and got approved for an even the even lower interest rate of 2.39%. Thanks to this forum, I knew of these options.

Previous:
      2000 V40
      2010 V50
      Current:
      2015.5 V60
      Future:
      2019 XC40 (getting in July)
      All vehicles were blue!

I’d distance myself from that dealer.
      Hers - 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription via OSD His - 2016 MB C300 Sport 4matic
      Just for fun - 2001 Honda S2000 - also hers

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bikeridera View Post
      When I told my Volvo dealer I was going to use a local credit union they said they would match the rate. So all was good. As it was getting closer to our pick-up date, I decided to complete the financing and left a message for them to call me. They did not return my call and my salesperson was on vacation. Rather than wait to the last minute I contacted PenFed (Plan B) and got approved for a 2.49% loan, immediately.

My salesperson, who I highly recommend, came back and I told her I was ready. I then received an email from them (finance) stating that they did not do loans with PenFed and they only allowed their lenders for OSD. I then contacted LightStream (PlanC) and got approved for an even the even lower interest rate of 2.39%. Thanks to this forum, I knew of these options.
      I'm not sure why your dealer would say that they "do not do loans with PenFed." Basically, you would have been coming into your dealer with a draft made out to them. They have absolutely no relationship with PenFed or anyone else you get financing from. It's like doing a cash transaction. I think you got some bad info. But I'm glad you got a good rate for your loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Iweenie View Post
      I'm not sure why your dealer would say that they "do not do loans with PenFed." Basically, you would have been coming into your dealer with a draft made out to them. They have absolutely no relationship with PenFed or anyone else you get financing from. It's like doing a cash transaction. I think you got some bad info. But I'm glad you got a good rate for your loan.
      +1
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

I just got approved for a Lightstream loan at 5.44%. I also got approved with USAA for 3.39%, so I'm planning to send Lightstream that approval letter to hopefully get 3.29.

My questions are... the fine print on Lightstream says I have to purchase my car within 15 days. I technically already ordered my car, but won't pay it in full until beginning of September. Is it OK to get lightstream now but not use the funds until beginning of September ?

Also, to get the lower USAA rate, do I accept light stream's loan now and then send them the USAA quote later? Thank you!

Just for shiggles, did you get a quote from Volvo finance?
      2016 XC60 T5 FWD OSD (May 2016), 6 countries, 2500km

Not yet. I’ll have to look into it! I wonder for LightStream if I can request a mid august pay date. Then I could pay the invoice in September and meet their requirement.

My light stream loan was approved as a “secured auto loan.” Does that change things now since it’s not unsecured for OSD purposes? (If I recall, the benefit of LightStream was if it was insecure, the OSD nuances wouldn’t be a factor)

I agree, that it should not matter. I think it has more to do with the extra profit from 'in-house' financing. I know, in my years working with Ford, that a significant portion of their earning came from their credit division. I would like to add that my contacts with my sales person and the service department have always been good. I came to this dealer because the other local dealer (20 miles closer) said they did not think I could get the car I wanted through the OSD. I went to the other dealer and ordered the car I wanted the next day. I will soon be leaving to pick up my 4th car in Sweden purchased through this dealer.

Many thanks to all the people who share their experiences on this forum. It makes us all more knowledgeable in purchasing and enjoying our subsequent trip.

Previous:
      2000 V40
      2010 V50
      Current:
      2015.5 V60
      Future:
      2019 XC40 (getting in July)
      All vehicles were blue!

Just wanted to give an update for those looking at OSD Financing for July 2019.

I was looking at a 60 month term for $20k and was given a variety of rates with a 800+ credit score. Lightstream was 4.69% unsecured, PenFed was 3.49, USAA was 3.39%, and my credit union Police & Fire Federal Credit Union (PFFCU) was 2.99%. My credit union requires the title within 45 days, so that isn't really an option even though I'd have preferred to go through them.

Reached out to Lightstream customer service and sent them a screenshot like others have stated and they came back saying they need the actual loan disclosure to beat the credit union's rate, and a screenshot wasn't enough. So had to jump through a few hoops to get that from the credit union, but once I sent that over to Lightstream they came back with 2.89% in about 3 hours.

Moral of the story is that even though PenFed may be the lowest for many on this forum, try your own credit unions as well to see if they may have a lower rate, saved me about .5% more than if I had just gone with PenFed upfront.

Thanks for all the great information guys. I would've never known about Lightstream without you all, and am excited to pick up my XC40 in 30 days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Shawn89; 07-08-2019 at 09:09 PM.

The lack of certificate of origin is the kicker. VCFS of course will finance. In my experience PNC, USAA, and Navy Fed have all financed my OSD customers. Of course once it's back state side you can refinance with whoever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn89 View Post
      Just wanted to give an update for those looking at OSD Financing for July 2019.

I was looking at a 60 month term for $20k and was given a variety of rates with a 800+ credit score. Lightstream was 4.69% unsecured, PenFed was 3.49, USAA was 3.39%, and my credit union Police & Fire Federal Credit Union (PFFCU) was 2.99%. My credit union requires the title within 45 days, so that isn't really an option even though I'd have preferred to go through them.

Reached out to Lightstream customer service and sent them a screenshot like others have stated and they came back saying they need the actual loan disclosure to beat the credit union's rate, and a screenshot wasn't enough. So had to jump through a few hoops to get that from the credit union, but once I sent that over to Lightstream they came back with 2.89% in about 3 hours.

Moral of the story is that even though PenFed may be the lowest for many on this forum, try your own credit unions as well to see if they may have a lower rate, saved me about .5% more than if I had just gone with PenFed upfront.

Thanks for all the great information guys. I would've never known about Lightstream without you all, and am excited to pick up my XC40 in 30 days.

Hmm perhaps its a best choice how boost credit score and get loan which a saw. Today i have 740 credit score and im planing to boost it how you. I advice you to contact to https://www.boostcredit101.com/. thanx you.
      Last edited by Davidshvimer; 07-14-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks all for the suggestions! I got a 3.49% rate from my credit union and am now working with Lightstream for the lower rate as my credit union will not do an OSD due to title timing. A quick question, when did you receive your final invoice and was it from the Volvo dealer you worked with or Volvo corporate/OSD? I was under the impression that it was the dealer that I placed the order with (Boston Volvo), but they have told me to expect to see the final invoice two weeks before my delivery date and from Volvo corporate. As I'm travelling coming up, I'm trying to nail down who to contact to ensure it doesn't slip through the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by ekneen View Post
      Thanks all for the suggestions! I got a 3.49% rate from my credit union and am now working with Lightstream for the lower rate as my credit union will not do an OSD due to title timing. A quick question, when did you receive your final invoice and was it from the Volvo dealer you worked with or Volvo corporate/OSD? I was under the impression that it was the dealer that I placed the order with (Boston Volvo), but they have told me to expect to see the final invoice two weeks before my delivery date and from Volvo corporate. As I'm travelling coming up, I'm trying to nail down who to contact to ensure it doesn't slip through the cracks.
      I just paid the dealer, no interaction with Volvo corporate for final payment. The way I understand it is that the dealers gets invoiced by Volvo corporate and pays for the car, and you pay the dealer.

Thanks! Heads up to all that Lighstream had made it more difficult to rate match. They did not accept my approval letter from my credit union even though it had the full loan terms and said I was approved.

"Unfortunately, your email does not meet the terms and conditions for LightStream's Rate Beat Program.

In order to be considered for our "Rate Beat" program, we require you to provide us with an approval email and the Truth in Lending Statement or the Truth in Lending Statement only. The loan approval must be for the same loan type, loan amount, loan term, have the same payment method and be available to all customers of the financial institution."

Quote Originally Posted by ekneen View Post
      Thanks! Heads up to all that Lighstream had made it more difficult to rate match. They did not accept my approval letter from my credit union even though it had the full loan terms and said I was approved.

"Unfortunately, your email does not meet the terms and conditions for LightStream's Rate Beat Program.

In order to be considered for our "Rate Beat" program, we require you to provide us with an approval email and the Truth in Lending Statement or the Truth in Lending Statement only. The loan approval must be for the same loan type, loan amount, loan term, have the same payment method and be available to all customers of the financial institution."
      Yeah they did the same to me. I just sent an email to my credit union asking for that document to validate the terms of loan as part of my own due diligence efforts and they sent it straight over. All in all added maybe 10 minutes to the process and Lightstream matched it within minutes.

Trust in Lending statement?

Yeah they did the same to me. I just sent an email to my credit union asking for that document to validate the terms of loan as part of my own due diligence efforts and they sent it straight over. All in all added maybe 10 minutes to the process and Lightstream matched it within minutes.
      Lightstream is asking me for the Trust in Lending statement, too. But when I contacted my bank to get it, they told me that the only way they can provide it is after I agree to the loan. That it's an "official loan document" and doesn't exist before the loan is agreed to or they get a purchase order from the dealer. I really don't need two loans. How did you get the statement from your credit union? Did you have to sign anything or agree to anything first? Thanks!!
      Last edited by eros11; 08-01-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eros11 View Post
      Lightstream is asking me for the Trust in Lending statement, too. But when I contacted my bank to get it, they told me that the only way they can provide it is after I agree to the loan. That it's an "official loan document" and doesn't exist before the loan is agreed to or they get a purchase order from the dealer. I really don't need two loans. How did you get the statement from your credit union? Did you have to sign anything or agree to anything first? Thanks!!
      Yeah that's what they asked for from me. It is an official loan document but it's a loan disclosure that binds the lender to those terms. It very similar to a mortgage disclosure which lenders hate to share as well. I eplained to my credit union that I understand what they provided previously was an estimate (it usually says on the documents they share something along the lines of "this is only an estimate and fees / rates are subject to change" ) and I wanted to review the official disclosures before agreeing to a loan. This is an official document and they can provide it without you signing the loan. You'll have to ask very specifically for the truth in lender statement, and push a but but they will give it to you. Tell them that the truth in lending agreement is meant to protect the consumer and you would hope they were willing to share this as part of the loan shopping process. If they are unwilling to share the disclosure at this point its usually not a good sign to their loan practices.

Yeah that's what they asked for from me. It is an official loan document but it's a loan disclosure that binds the lender to those terms. It very similar to a mortgage disclosure which lenders hate to share as well. I eplained to my credit union that I understand what they provided previously was an estimate (it usually says on the documents they share something along the lines of "this is only an estimate and fees / rates are subject to change" ) and I wanted to review the official disclosures before agreeing to a loan. This is an official document and they can provide it without you signing the loan. You'll have to ask very specifically for the truth in lender statement, and push a but but they will give it to you. Tell them that the truth in lending agreement is meant to protect the consumer and you would hope they were willing to share this as part of the loan shopping process. If they are unwilling to share the disclosure at this point its usually not a good sign to their loan practices.
      Interestingly, I called the bank (BofA) back and they told me the same thing, that I had to sign the paperwork before they would give me the Trust in Lending document. I asked how that was protecting the customer and following the federal mandates, but they just said it was their policy. I told them to cancel the application and to say that it was because they wouldn't give me the statement. So bizarre, no idea why they fought so hard about it. They even mentioned that Tesla requires the statement ahead of time, too.

I guess I'll try PenFed (3.49) next. I've already been approved by LightStream (4.94), but their rate is significantly higher than other loans I've seen and I'd really like to get it down if at all possible. Wish me luck....

Quote Originally Posted by eros11 View Post
      Interestingly, I called the bank (BofA) back and they told me the same thing, that I had to sign the paperwork before they would give me the Trust in Lending document. I asked how that was protecting the customer and following the federal mandates, but they just said it was their policy. I told them to cancel the application and to say that it was because they wouldn't give me the statement. So bizarre, no idea why they fought so hard about it. They even mentioned that Tesla requires the statement ahead of time, too.

I guess I'll try PenFed (3.49) next. I've already been approved by LightStream (4.94), but their rate is significantly higher than other loans I've seen and I'd really like to get it down if at all possible. Wish me luck....
      We used PenFed and they were great......I believe they are very accommodating with the time frame needed with an OSD. They also had a great rate and it cost like $10.00 to join.
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

I wanted to follow up and hopefully help others not have to go through the confusion I went through with the Rate Beat process from Lightstream.

Here's the full process...

1. Applied to Lightstream online for an unsecured auto loan and was approved.

2. Wrote to Lightstream customer service asking about the Rate Beat program. Was told that I needed to send them my Approval letter AND the Truth in Lending statement, or just the Truth in Lending statement. Why you'd send more than you have to....not sure...but whatever

3. Applied to PenFed online for an auto loan and was approved after I opened a $5 checking/savings account with them.

4. Wrote to PenFed customer service saying that accepted the loan. I had to email as there was no "Accept" link or button in my approval email or my online account. You may experience something different here, but the gist is that you have to accept at this point. You aren't actually agreeing to anything per se, but this is what kicks off the creation of the Truth in Lending document.

5. PenFed sent me all of the paperwork, including the Truth in Lending statement via snail mail. Included with this is a check you can use to start the actual loan, so I don't think you can get this through email.

6. I scanned the Truth in Lending statement from PenFed and emailed it to customer service at Lightstream. About 2 mins later I was told my interest rate change had been approved and I accepted and signed off on the Lightstream loan.

Both Lightstream and PenFed were great to work with, I would definitely recommend them. If you have any questions, feel free to direct message me. THANK YOU to Shawn89 for your vast amount of patience dealing with all of my questions as I muddled through

Wanted to thank everyone for all of the great financing advice, but I just ran into a snag trying to use Lightstream. I was able to get a rate of 3.49 on a secured PenFed loan. Requested the Truth in Lending document and received it in the mail a few days after getting approved. I scanned the doc and sent it to Lightstream and received an email over the weekend from Lightstream customer service saying they could not use the Truth in Lending doc to beat the rate because it was a secured, not an unsecured loan. Not sure if this is a new policy, or if I missed something in another thread, but has anyone had this experience?

Given that all other lenders only do secured loans, LightStream could effectively start denying all rate beat requests ...odd to say the least.
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

27. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4