Overseas Delivery order placed today!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Overseas Delivery order placed today!

I'm super excited. Was hoping to match the price with a local dealer on an incoming allocation, but they wouldn't budge on the 2019 prices, so OSD it is! They're estimating September/October right now, I'll try to keep the thread updated with dates as time goes by for anyone interested in how long this process takes.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congrats! It's a great way to get the Volvo you want. We've enjoyed it so much we've done it 3 times with Volvo (and a better experience than what Porsche offers, too). It's not just getting a new Volvo, be sure to plan a nice vacation/trip around it to make it that much more worth while! Now the excitement will only build over the next few months (that's the hard part and of course after you drop your Volvo for home shipment, it'll build up more anticipation at the end of your trip).
      Last edited by VolvoUhu; 05-31-2018 at 06:27 PM.
      2005 Boxster - EuroDelivery Atlas Grey (Street: Boxster S 18"/Track: Cayman S 18")
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design AWD - OSD Ice White (Winter: Vulcanis 19"/Summer & Off-Road: Panacea 18")
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design eAWD - OSD (Pole✦ envy) Passion Red (Vision|Convenience|B&W|Climate|HUD|Air 4C|Lighted Running Boards|Tow|Center Booster|iPad|Protective Plate...) w/ChargePoint Home
      --
      Our first: 2001 V40 1.9T - OSD Atlantic Blue (Summer: Galactica 16"/Winter: Spectra 15")

Congratulations! Super fun. 1 year ago today I was at the factory picking up my new xc90...memories....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus-Osmium Gray/Amber (OSD-June 2017): Climate |Convenience| Vision| Polestar| 20" Wheel Package| Lighted Running Boards
      2017 GMC Yukon XL-Champagne: Adaptive Cruise, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot, Cross Traffic Alert, Blu-Ray DVD, 20" Aluminum Wheels, (DW's car)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

You're going to love the OSD! You'll love the planning, the trip and the vessel monitoring waiting for second delivery! Catch you over at the Overseas Delivery Forum!

Congrats! There is something special about doing OSD. We enjoyed it very much. If we buy another Volvo, we'd want to do OSD again. Hope you are aware of the OSD sub-forum. There is a lot of fun and useful info there.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription (OSD)

The only thing I'm worried about is getting a rock chip before I can have clear bra put on!

Quote Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
      The only thing I'm worried about is getting a rock chip before I can have clear bra put on!
      Don’t worry about that! Roads there are cleaner and you’re far less likely to get chips. Plus drivers are more aware and skilled, speeds can be higher, and overall an enjoyable driving experience.
      Last edited by VolvoUhu; 05-31-2018 at 10:47 PM.
      2005 Boxster - EuroDelivery Atlas Grey (Street: Boxster S 18"/Track: Cayman S 18")
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design AWD - OSD Ice White (Winter: Vulcanis 19"/Summer & Off-Road: Panacea 18")
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design eAWD - OSD (Pole✦ envy) Passion Red (Vision|Convenience|B&W|Climate|HUD|Air 4C|Lighted Running Boards|Tow|Center Booster|iPad|Protective Plate...) w/ChargePoint Home
      --
      Our first: 2001 V40 1.9T - OSD Atlantic Blue (Summer: Galactica 16"/Winter: Spectra 15")

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
      Exactly my worry . . .
      Last edited by likeXC90; 05-31-2018 at 10:36 PM.
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements