SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

JaredR's 2007 S60 T5 M66

75K views 641 replies 59 participants last post by  broinkrist 
#1 · (Edited)
So I went to look at this today for a long term daily, taking delivery next week :D. It's going to be epic. Has every option but sport kit and good wheels. ScottishBrick kept telling me I'd be missing out if I didn't buy it.....I was like alright I'll go look at it. The whole way there I kept wondering why on earth I was driving an hour in awful Friday traffic to go look at a black sedan, and then I drove it. It was amazing. Can't wait to start cruising around in this thing.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo cars Full-size car

Attachments

See less See more
#224 ·
Those driving lights are pretty sweet!! I'm going to look into that, though not sure if it'll work in my pre facelift?? In any event VIDA can definitely disable the DRLs, but about all. I did this in mine with it. Parking assist can also be fully installed as a kit from Volvo, I discovered that how mine has that feature since it wasn't factory installed. The Volvo add-on park assist kit however keeps the switch as a separate toggle in the trunk, not the cool dash mounted switch, just as FYI on that...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

#225 ·
Hey guys what is the leading solution for the HU850 backlight failure these days? I was doing some googling but kept coming up with old threads that probably don't have current info. Seemed like most people were either tapping the lights into other interior lighting circuits or just replacing their HUs in most of the threads I found.

#227 ·
Looks great! Polishing does wonders. Did you clay bar beforehand? If not, it's a night and day difference to the feel of the paint and also makes it easier to clean off and quick detail spray it.

#229 ·
That looks great! Of all the blacks out there, black sapphire is my favorite.

My V70R that was this color and had the same issues when I owned it - I later saw the car a year after I traded it and the new owner showed me how a detailer went over the whole car - looked amazing.

#234 ·
Turkeys thought it was too shiny fml.

So I came up with this after my fence idea was a bust. Accepting suggestions for how to deal with this. Car gets driven too much and I'm not washing it after every time so a car cover isn't viable.

#236 ·
Turkeys have a weak sense of smell unfortunately

#241 ·

#246 ·
What's a weekend drive? [emoji23]
But seriously, here in So Cal you can really only enjoy the fun roads after dark, or real early in the morning on like a Sunday. Traffic abounds many places even on the weekends unfortunately and at odd times. But faster speeds can be had on most freeways during non rush hour times. [emoji106]

#259 ·
Missed 135k. Completely forgot I was even close since my dad did a couple hundred miles in it last week.

#260 ·
Hit 136k way back on Dec 7. Not much else to report. Need to do an oil change but haven't been driving it much at all so it's not a very high priority at the moment. Have some fun projects and deferred maintenance to take care of over the winter though so hopefully there will be some fun content in this thread in the next couple months.

#261 ·
Hit 136k way back on Dec 7. Not much else to report. Need to do an oil change but haven't been driving it much at all so it's not a very high priority at the moment. Have some fun projects and deferred maintenance to take care of over the winter though so hopefully there will be some fun content in this thread in the next couple months.
Quite jealous of that low mileage considering I hit 218,000K on roughly the same day. I'll need TB numero dos soon, and probably should do PCV system soon since I don't see anything in the CarFax the the seller gave me.

#263 ·
Decided to make this car more resistant to the sun, criminals, and noise. Scored these at the JY yesterday. Anyone got laminated rear door glass from a S60 they'd like to sell? Not sure that's going to be a viable JY item.

#264 ·
Decided to make this car more resistant to the sun, criminals, and noise. Scored these at the JY yesterday. Anyone got laminated rear door glass from a S60 they'd like to sell? Not sure that's going to be a viable JY item.
Laminated glass is still considered premium on new Volvos isn't it?

#268 ·
Lamination kept thieves at bay in my situation though I got some pretty bad scratches in the lamination in the process.

#269 ·
Better scratches than shatter. And still easy enough to source new glass.

#274 ·
Its the same. I thought that might be the case but the glass is only 0.010" thicker laminated and there's no separate PN for laminated glass window seals in vida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#277 ·
Decided my ABL weren't putting out enough lumens. Should be pretty obvious what is going on here. Yes I made three sets of brackets so I could have a template if anyone else does this.

Yeah yeah I know no more bendy lights but the factory Valeo projector is tiny and retaining that feature would have massively complicated the project. More interested in upgrading my light output than having bendy lights so I'll drive it this way for a bit and see if I want to bother revisiting to restore the ABL functionality. The motor remains in place so the car won't complain, either. Plus I wouldn't have anything to screw my adapter plate into without that assembly staying so I'd need nuts which would also be more complicated than just leaving it.

Stay tuned for next episode when we will roast some ECE ABLs at 200°F for 30 minutes....

#278 ·
Bi-xenon retrofits were probably the best mod I ever did to my car vs the original halogens. Project looks great!

#279 ·

#280 ·
Baked ECE ABL for dinner?

Not quite. Lens delete.

D2S 5.0 installed.

Oh look. A reflector that'll make an actual high beam.

And there you have how to actually see at night with ABL :thumbup:

Lows only. Left is obviously still stock. Right is Morimoto D2S 5.0 with the $35 Morimoto bulb. Yes I know these pictures suck but you get the idea. I will do some real before and after pictures when I am ready to install these lights. In case anyone is wondering, all the ABL electronics are still there so the car shouldn't complain about anything other than DRL bulb missing.

With highs.

With highs and driving lights

D2S 5 Low beam only. This is nowhere the hotspot and that fence is about 150 ft away. Really want to wrap this up and take some road trips now....

#281 ·
That hose goes on all of these cars sooner or later. Were you able to access it from the right side under the intake?

Headlights look great- first pic with the cut-off really nice.:thumbup:

#282 ·
I thought that hose was URO or something when I started looking at it. Couldn't believe it was OE when I pulled it out and saw the PN and date code. It was accessible under the starboard side of the intake and using a screw driver through the top to help push things around. I rolled the alternator forward to get space to work and it wasn't bad. The hardest part was getting the oetiker clamp pliers it there.

#283 ·
The headlights look great. I need to get motivated to get my projector retrofit done.

I don't know why that particular PCV hose doesn't last longer.

#288 ·
New toys! any guesses?

#289 ·
New toys! any guesses?
Thought for a moment it was four equally sized boxes, but no dice there. Hmm... Suspension bits?

#290 · (Edited)
Decided to swap on my 04 folding mirrors today.

Project was a complete bust. Goal was to get puddle lights, better visibility, and folding mirrors. None of those three occurred. Mirrors don't fold, puddle lights don't work, and the visibility might actually be worse! And the mirror controls in X got flipped.

Easy to see what the issue is when you compare P80 to P2 side by side.

I have absolutely no idea what Volvo was thinking with the P2 mirrors. I run my side mirrors with no overlap with the center mirrors as per the SAE guidelines and I can't even aim this driver's mirror far enough out. And the convex portion is useless. The 07+ mirrors at least I could aim that far out but the outside part was still useless. Getting fed up with this misadventure in visibility. I think I am just going to cut off the offending part of the 07 mirror and do whatever I have to to patch it together and make it work. It's probably going to look bad but changing lanes into someone is going to look worse and I'm probably going to eventually do it if I don't fix this.

Backlights quit in my HU850 lasty ear and I've had another one sitting around that I finally got in. It's from a 07 with AUX so it has the AUX as an input. I don't have AUX but I saved all the wiring and connectors from the car the HU came from. It just plugs into the connector so it should be easy to add. I'll do that at some point but thankfully GROM downgraded back to a stable version of the app last week so it's no longer a priority.

I love magic erasers

Console bin was full of garbage.

Ahhh so much cleaner with the mat.

Turned out it wasn't all garbage; there were a bunch of Canadian coins in there. And I found a few more in the door pocket that I threw in while I was there. Maybe I will get a metric cluster soon, too

Installed some better trim that I had from the same car the HU850 came from.

Saggy A pillar trim. Just so happens that I have a P2 parts car on hand at the moment so I ripped these out. Also if anyone needs parts from a 04 V70 Ruby/Tan NA please let me know cause we're probably scrapping/donating it in about 2 weeks.

#291 ·
Interesting. I never considered magic eraser for car interior grime removal. I may have to give that a go.

#292 · (Edited)
Neither have I. My wife isn't quite as ruthless with the car interior as I was. Over the last three and a half years, it's beginning to show. A bit of water, say a mist sprayer with that, Jared?

Also - I see DSTC, folding mirror button, park assist, rear headrest release, ABL button trunk, but what's the last one (third from right)?

#293 ·
I just get the eraser wet and use it like a sponge. Works great. Gotta scrub a bit harder than a sponge though. And they are slightly abrasive so you gotta be a bit careful with them depending on the surface. Dave how are you just now noticing my magic eraser habit my threads have basically been ads for them ever since I got my first 100-pack last year.

That button is for the aux lights.

#294 ·
I just get the eraser wet and use it like a sponge. Works great. Gotta scrub a bit harder than a sponge though. And they are slightly abrasive so you gotta be a bit careful with them depending on the surface. Dave how are you just now noticing my magic eraser habit my threads have basically been ads for them ever since I got my first 100-pack last year.

That button is for the aux lights.
It probably lights up my mind when I see it, then I promptly forget it a few weeks later. lol

#296 ·
Forgot to take a general pic of the post-cleaning results yesterday so that was the first thing I did when I got home today.

And the new A pillar trim from the 04.

Remember those boxes from the other day?

I was getting a pretty nasty shake braking on the highway so I decided I would warranty my front rotors. Micrometer didn't really agree with that hypothesis but I'm hoping I was just measuring the wrong spots. It came on after sitting for about a month so nothing else really seems to make sense.

Guess I need to reload the parts cannon cause that doesn't look so hot.

Came up with a more peaceful way to remove the rear dust shields

Hello XC90 dust shield

Yup more of the toys from those boxes.

In case anyone wanted to see the difference side by side.

Cool that looks like stopping.