JaredR's 2007 S60 T5 M66 - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 426
    1. #36
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      Dude get outta here that's so cheap Those would probably be $1000 for a set up here in Canuckistan
      That's insane. Come over the border and buy a set to take home? They're even cheaper in 17.

      It still feels wrong buying tires that cost
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #37
      Member sventastic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      2,116
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      That's insane. Come over the border and buy a set to take home? They're even cheaper in 17.

      It still feels wrong buying tires that cost
      Haha
      I already ordered my Firehawk Indy 500s, I got a $100 rebate so the price ended up being decent! If I were to go down to the states to get tires, or order them off Tire Rack, I'd likely have to pay a hefty duty fee on the way back so it'd be a wash
      Last edited by sventastic; 06-05-2018 at 02:46 PM.
      1996 854R | M56H | 16T | 271k

    4. #38
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      Haha
      I already ordered my Firehawk Indy 500s, I got a $100 rebate so the price ended up being decent! If I were to go down to the states to get tires, or order them off Tire Rack, I'd likely have to pay a hefty duty fee on the way back so it'd be a wash

      Get them installed in the states LOL
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #39
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      15,231

      JaredR's 2007 S60 T5 M66

      Thatís incredible!!
      I might have to take a peek today.

      Edit: I just looked. Ho lee crap. 268 for s60.
      Last edited by ZZZZZZZ; 06-06-2018 at 05:37 AM.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    7. #40
      Member Hounddogger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere
      Posts
      6,473
      I see Will has everyone drinking the Nokian summer tire koolaid Iím going with PS4S on Elsa, Iíve become a Michelin fanboy. Will allow us to compare because my friend has zLine on his SR.
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

    8. #41
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      15,231
      I think as long as they're that cheap and people like them a lot, it's hard to compare, especially if you're not tracking. I wonder what life is like on them? Lot's of clean wear and mileage?
      They certainly appear to clean up well.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      I see Will has everyone drinking the Nokian summer tire koolaid Iím going with PS4S on Elsa, Iíve become a Michelin fanboy. Will allow us to compare because my friend has zLine on his SR.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    9. #42
      Member Hounddogger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere
      Posts
      6,473
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      I think as long as they're that cheap and people like them a lot, it's hard to compare, especially if you're not tracking. I wonder what life is like on them? Lot's of clean wear and mileage?
      They certainly appear to clean up well.
      From what Iíve heard and experienced with them they ride softer than PSS or AS3+ and wear quite evenly. Iím not knocking them at all, quite the contrary. Theyíre an impressive tire. Regardless of bargain basement price point. However I believe theyíre being replaced somewhat soon with a new version.

      For an every day summer tire you have very few good options... Continental DW, Michelin PS4S (as PSS are NLA), PZeros, and Potenzas, zLine can hold up against PSS so it can probably hold up against those.
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

    10. #43
      Junior Member Baron Von Chickenpants's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      Roaring Fork
      Posts
      683
      Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      Iíve become a Michelin fanboy.
      Being able to appreciate the best for exactly what it is doesn't make you a fanboy.
      2001 T5 - Le Olde Moneypit
      "2020" SLC - Le Nu Moneypit
      2020 Palisade Limited - Le Comfy

    11. #44
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      I see Will has everyone drinking the Nokian summer tire koolaid Iím going with PS4S on Elsa, Iíve become a Michelin fanboy. Will allow us to compare because my friend has zLine on his SR.
      I think as long as they're that cheap and people like them a lot, it's hard to compare, especially if you're not tracking. I wonder what life is like on them? Lot's of clean wear and mileage?
      They certainly appear to clean up well.
      From what Iíve heard and experienced with them they ride softer than PSS or AS3+ and wear quite evenly. Iím not knocking them at all, quite the contrary. Theyíre an impressive tire. Regardless of bargain basement price point. However I believe theyíre being replaced somewhat soon with a new version.

      For an every day summer tire you have very few good options... Continental DW, Michelin PS4S (as PSS are NLA), PZeros, and Potenzas, zLine can hold up against PSS so it can probably hold up against those.

      Yeah but Michel has the summer zLines. These are the AS. This probably is the new version of which you hear. The summers are becoming difficult to find and nowhere near this cheap. And yeah life is amazing on them, they ride wonderfully, are super quiet, and grippy at all temperatures. They're better than my PZero AS+ that I paid twice as much for. I can't come up with a reason to buy anything else for non-snow driving right now unless you really need the extra grip of a PS4S or a PSS.

      Are PSS really going NLA or is that just for the P2 sizes?
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    12. #45
      Member Hounddogger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere
      Posts
      6,473
      Starting to be NLA for all sizes. Their replacement is the PS4S.

      Even so the zLine AS are cheaper than the Michelin AS3+
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

    13. #46
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      Starting to be NLA for all sizes. Their replacement is the PS4S.

      Even so the zLine AS are cheaper than the Michelin AS3+
      Yeah like half the price LOL
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    14. #47
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Picked up all the paperwork this afternoon....off to get it registered and bring it home tomorrow morning! Super excited about that. Also picked up the Capella today.....the finish is kind of a disaster so something needs to happen there asap. Looks like I'll be riding around on the P6 for a bit



      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    15. #48
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      757
      Enjoy it! Get a downpipe + exhaust on that thing ASAP to really hear it growl and sing.

      FYI, if youre looking to add R brembos, you'll probably need spacers on the Capellas. I'm collecting the last parts for my brembo update and will be getting new wheels to accommodate since spacers cost ~1/2 as much as a new set.

      You should also look into getting a set of snow wheels/tires as the winters up there are no joke (I'm up there and Vermont/NH often) and 2WD+All Seasons just aren't that great in slippery conditions.

      Congrats again! you have 1 of 60 T5M66 for 2007!
      Last edited by broinkrist; 06-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.
      2005 S60 T5 M66 (1 of 72). 4C (for now), Sport Kit, Snabb Short Shifter+Bushings, IPD Track Sways F+R, Bi-Xenon Retrofitted R Headlights - custom fuse box/wiring harness, IPD DP + Oval Tube Exhaust, Forge CBV, Snabb intake pipe, R Brembos F+R, FC04A 17x8+35. coming soon: KW V2, Delrin Subframe Bushings, Do88 Intercooler, Stage 2 Tune. HU-650+Bluetooth Grom+PA300+2xFocal ISS165+ACM-1.300+2x6.5" Dayton Rear Door Subwoofers.
      2005 G55k Family hauler
      2007 Formula SAE Racecar - Custom Tube Frame Chassis, Fox Shocks, Pullrod Suspension, , Wilwood Calipers, Hoosier Slicks, Magnesium 2pc wheels... (full auto-x resto)
      NA1 Supercharged NSX someday.

    16. #49
      Junior Member platinum855's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      171
      what the heck, great find...quite the nice collection you got going there Jared.
      BLACK PEARL- 06 V70 2.5T: Snabb intake, OBX/Vibrant/TME exhaust, lowered on Vogtland/Sachs, 305mm front brakes, Tethys

    17. #50
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by platinum855 View Post
      what the heck, great find...quite the nice collection you got going there Jared.
      Quote Originally Posted by broinkrist View Post
      Enjoy it! Get a downpipe + exhaust on that thing ASAP to really hear it growl and sing.

      FYI, if youre looking to add R brembos, you'll probably need spacers on the Capellas. I'm collecting the last parts for my brembo update and will be getting new wheels to accommodate since spacers cost ~1/2 as much as a new set.

      You should also look into getting a set of snow wheels/tires as the winters up there are no joke (I'm up there and Vermont/NH often) and 2WD+All Seasons just aren't that great in slippery conditions.

      Congrats again! you have 1 of 60 T5M66 for 2007!
      Thanks guys, yeah it was an awesome find. It would be interesting to know how many of those 60 were as well optioned as this one. Oh and for anyone who was curious, this car was ordered for inventory and got leased when new. Go figure . I was sure someone must have custom ordered this when I first went to look at it.

      Definitely going to do a downpipe at some point but I might keep the stock exhaust. My T-5R has a TME exhaust so I can drive that if I want to be noisy. It was really nice cruising around in something so quiet on the drive home today. My 850R is going to get a Jetex so, between the three, having quiet, medium, and somewhat loud seems to make a lot of sense. We'll see what happens with the brakes and winter wheels. The 99 NAm still remains atop our winter depth chart and has WRG3. One snow capable car is probably enough for us.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    18. #51
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Finally time for some real pictures now that I brought it home! Looks right at home in the sea of Volvos.






      And then I took some decent baseline pictures of it.













      The paint is pretty scratched up so I'll need to do some work there. Also needs a new trunklid since the paint is totally shot there.









      The interior is mint though.










      Time to start fixing stuff!


      Somehow the front lip got displaced so got that properly reattached.







      The key kind of doesn't stay together lol so that will need to be addressed. Also only got one switchblade key with it so I'm going to have a regular key made for it.






      And then I went out to play with the ABLs. Damn are these lights cool but they're aimed way high right now so I'll need to fix that tomorrow.



      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    19. #52
      Junior Member KDM Mods's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      947

      JaredR's 2007 S60 T5 M66

      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Finally time for some real pictures now that I brought it home! Looks right at home in the sea of Volvos.






      And then I took some decent baseline pictures of it.













      The paint is pretty scratched up so I'll need to do some work there. Also needs a new trunklid since the paint is totally shot there.









      The interior is mint though.










      Time to start fixing stuff!


      Somehow the front lip got displaced so got that properly reattached.







      The key kind of doesn't stay together lol so that will need to be addressed. Also only got one switchblade key with it so I'm going to have a regular key made for it.






      And then I went out to play with the ABLs. Damn are these lights cool but they're aimed way high right now so I'll need to fix that tomorrow.



      What are you up too now? 4 or 5 Volvoís? And how many are there of you? Lol Iím the same way. Just not as bad. I only have two cars...

      Looks great! Canít wait to see whatís in store for this one!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
      Psalm 23:4

      2004 Volvo S60R M66

    20. #53
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by KDM Mods View Post
      What are you up too now? 4 or 5 Volvoís? And how many are there of you? Lol Iím the same way. Just not as bad. I only have two cars...

      Looks great! Canít wait to see whatís in store for this one!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lol we have 6 now for the three of us. Three of them are mine. Well actually I have 4 if you count the yellow sedan so 7 total but that's off-site and will be sold off (hopefully very soon) without ever coming here. Once that is liquidated the fleet should be stable in its current configuration for the foreseeable future.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    21. #54
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      15,231
      That front lip- I wonder if in Silver itís easy to swap on the 05 my wife drives.
      I like those.
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Lol we have 6 now for the three of us. Three of them are mine. Well actually I have 4 if you count the yellow sedan so 7 total but that's off-site and will be sold off (hopefully very soon) without ever coming here. Once that is liquidated the fleet should be stable in its current configuration for the foreseeable future.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    22. #55
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      That front lip- I wonder if in Silver itís easy to swap on the 05 my wife drives.
      I like those.
      Ask Prolix.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    23. #56
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      999
      My curiosity got the better of me last evening, so I just had to drive by the block to creep this thing... and luckily Jared was outside already so I didn't feel so weird gangstalking a Volvo, so we got to actually talk about it a little.
      I just want to mention this: I'm telling you guys, this thing looks pristine in person -- I didn't even notice any of the flaws Jared pointed out through pictures here. I felt so much excitement just SITTING in it (and it was very comfy excitement).

    24. #57
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      757
      Love those ABL's! Wish I could have gotten a set but they were way to $$. Cheaper to just build my own set from R lamps.

      The best driving mod I did to my T5 was the snabb short shifter stalk with delrin shifter base bushings. Changed shifting dynamic from night to day. So much more precise and sure-handed. Second was IPD sways front and rear. DP+Exhaust was a distant third but the sound sure is pretty.

      Unfortunately Volvo never kept stats on the 05+ T5 for different colors and options that I know of. Only reason I have production numbers is because JoshV70 had that info when I got my car from him. Interesting though that your car has the 'executive' gauge cluster, but I guess that was an option for later cars.

      The interior will wear very nicely since it's not real leather, and not super soft leather like the R's had. Minimum maintenance will keep it looking good for a long time to come.
      2005 S60 T5 M66 (1 of 72). 4C (for now), Sport Kit, Snabb Short Shifter+Bushings, IPD Track Sways F+R, Bi-Xenon Retrofitted R Headlights - custom fuse box/wiring harness, IPD DP + Oval Tube Exhaust, Forge CBV, Snabb intake pipe, R Brembos F+R, FC04A 17x8+35. coming soon: KW V2, Delrin Subframe Bushings, Do88 Intercooler, Stage 2 Tune. HU-650+Bluetooth Grom+PA300+2xFocal ISS165+ACM-1.300+2x6.5" Dayton Rear Door Subwoofers.
      2005 G55k Family hauler
      2007 Formula SAE Racecar - Custom Tube Frame Chassis, Fox Shocks, Pullrod Suspension, , Wilwood Calipers, Hoosier Slicks, Magnesium 2pc wheels... (full auto-x resto)
      NA1 Supercharged NSX someday.

    25. #58
      Member Hounddogger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere
      Posts
      6,473
      Been meaning to post...



      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

    26. #59
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      Been meaning to post...
      Lol you have a video for everything. But yeah I've finally joined the torque demand party. It's taking some getting used to. I was driving around with my mom this morning and she was like "don't put me through the windshield." LOL. Everything about the way this car drives is completely unlike anything else in the fleet.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    27. #60
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Well that looks like ass. Need to get these refinished asap.

      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    28. #61
      Member Hounddogger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere
      Posts
      6,473
      Also, Valeo wiper blades are my favorite for the cars. Theyíre the Volvo OE supplier and I like them a lot better than Bosch or rainX. Also your rain sensor will work better if you use rainX wiper fluid and treat it with rainx.
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

    29. #62
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      Also, Valeo wiper blades are my favorite for the cars. Theyíre the Volvo OE supplier and I like them a lot better than Bosch or rainX. Also your rain sensor will work better if you use rainX wiper fluid and treat it with rainx.
      It came with a set of genuine Volvo wipers . Probably just gonna grab some from FCP when these are toast so I never have to buy wipers again. I'm on board with the OE wiper plan....I grabbed a set of OE wipers for my T-5R a year or two ago and really like those as well.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    30. #63
      Global Moderator R-Pow3R3d's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      8,459
      Quote Originally Posted by broinkrist View Post
      Love those ABL's! Wish I could have gotten a set but they were way to $$. Cheaper to just build my own set from R lamps.

      The best driving mod I did to my T5 was the snabb short shifter stalk with delrin shifter base bushings. Changed shifting dynamic from night to day. So much more precise and sure-handed. Second was IPD sways front and rear. DP+Exhaust was a distant third but the sound sure is pretty.

      Unfortunately Volvo never kept stats on the 05+ T5 for different colors and options that I know of. Only reason I have production numbers is because JoshV70 had that info when I got my car from him. Interesting though that your car has the 'executive' gauge cluster, but I guess that was an option for later cars.

      The interior will wear very nicely since it's not real leather, and not super soft leather like the R's had. Minimum maintenance will keep it looking good for a long time to come.
      The Snabb short shifter is a great upgrade to the spaceball.

      Jared, if you want to go that route, I have a Snabb shifter arm (which needs threaded for knob, it cannot accept a factory knob) that I could sell you. I don't have the Delrin bushings, but you should do those, too.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

    31. #64
      95WanderWagen
      Guest
      Wait, what? When did this happen? O.o

      The front yard is starting to look a bit cramped there Jman but theres gotta be one oddball (spaceball?) in the pack of wagons to break up the moose camouflage lol

      Dont do anything yet with that switchblade key. I have a couple here you can use to gut and replace the broken housing on yours. No charge, I need to find a new home for them.

      Highly recommend the Valeo ultimate series blades. I'm on 2nd set across 3 different cars...roughly 2-3 years a set. I use rainX washer fluid year round also
      Last edited by 95WanderWagen; 06-12-2018 at 08:57 PM.

    32. #65
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      The Snabb short shifter is a great upgrade to the spaceball.

      Jared, if you want to go that route, I have a Snabb shifter arm (which needs threaded for knob, it cannot accept a factory knob) that I could sell you. I don't have the Delrin bushings, but you should do those, too.


      Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. So far I'm really liking the stock shifting experience with the spaceball but hopefully I'll get to try out some of the P2 mods in other cars at some point and figure out what I want to with this one. That said, really the priority right now is figuring out how to drive with a DMF and torque demand and also not having black Capella because both my new wheels and current shifting ability in this car are extremely embarrassing LOL.




      Quote Originally Posted by 95WanderWagen View Post
      Wait, what? When did this happen? O.o

      The front yard is starting to look a bit cramped there Jman but theres gotta be one oddball (spaceball?) in the pack of wagons to break up the moose camouflage lol

      Dont do anything yet with that switchblade key. I have a couple here you can use to gut and replace the broken housing on yours. No charge, I need to find a new home for them.

      Highly recommend the Valeo ultimate series blades. I'm on 2nd set across 3 different cars...roughly 2-3 years a set. I use rainX washer fluid year round also

      No more crowded that it has been LOL. I sold off my white 850R about two weeks ago so there was an open spot in the fleet. It was a cool car but I was just absolutely fed up with having an automatic M4.x car for a daily. The new owner is way more excited about it than I was and I still get to see it a lot so I don't miss it at all. Anyway this is probably the most unexpected purchase I've ever made and it's looking like a brilliant move so far. This is a WAY better car than anything I was imagining being able to fill this position in the fleet with. I figured I'd probably end up with a 2000 S70 GLT SE.

      Thanks for the offer on the switchblade; I'll definitely take you up on that. I taped it together with scotch tape for now just because I don't want it to fall off while I'm driving and upset the immobilizer........that would really suck. Are you coming up here when you get tires? Or you could hand it off to Will if not.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    33. #66
      Member sventastic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      2,116
      Quote Originally Posted by 95WanderWagen View Post
      The front yard is starting to look a bit cramped there Jman
      And signature too, holy crap dude
      1996 854R | M56H | 16T | 271k

    34. #67
      95WanderWagen
      Guest
      White 850? What???

      Definitely a great score on the 60 indeed....

      Not sure if I'm coming up to Hull yet, still up in the air (depends on whether Will gets all my $$$ or not lol). I may head into new hamster for a few days prior or hit Wompatuck for a night and work my way back. I have fri-mon open that weekend. But I gotta see this thing up close and get pics with it.

      I do have a box of stuff for Roxx though, so I could always snail mail it. I may even have a set of brand new Valeo blades kicking around that'll fit

    35. #68
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Posts
      328
      Nice DD! I personally agree with you with autos sucking in traffic- as long as traffic means cars that are moving- the throttle response wrong gear all the time and lack of engine braking makes maintaining gaps too fraught and lurchy. If it is stop and go I like autos. Or Teslas. Our P2 felt way better than our P1 (yeah yeah yeah JRL) at 125K- That will be sweet for a long time.

      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      No not at all. I hate automatics in traffic. I probably drive in Boston rush hour 50-60x/year and every time I do it I use our NAm. The close ratio 6 speed and unfathomably light clutch will make it even better.
      late 2007 V70R GT, Electric Silver, Nord, - 4C delete with Bilies on stock springs- adjustable rear spring perches 135,xxx
      1995 Olive Green T5-R 855, 220K, everything works except headlight wipers!
      1996 Civic Hatch Yo! Koni/Eibach Pro/ST sway bars/99-00 SI FR brakes/D16y5 lean burn swap(40 mpg going 80 mph!)/DC sports 421 header/2.5" all the way back/Vibrant Reso/magnaflow muffler/s2000 seat and steering wheel/rebuilt transmission/d16Y8 being rebuilt on an engine stand with ported head/ARP yada yada/12lb flywheel/new 75.5mm oem pistons/ported recoated rotors m45 JRSC/Mfactory LSD in a box/water meth setup/220 HP/150 ftlbs is just a kiss away!

    36. #69
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      15,231
      I didnít know anyoneís signature could BE that many characters. Lol...
      Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      And signature too, holy crap dude
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    37. #70
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      15,077
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      And signature too, holy crap dude
      I didnít know anyoneís signature could BE that many characters. Lol...
      Someone must have turned off the character limit for my signature because I used to have a problem just fitting the current cars in it LOL. See ScottishBrick and I have the same problem there, managing such large fleets to serve multiple people. I can't wait to move that yellow sedan over to the end of that 5th line to the right of the white 850R . That'll kill a line


      Quote Originally Posted by 95WanderWagen View Post
      White 850? What???

      Definitely a great score on the 60 indeed....

      Not sure if I'm coming up to Hull yet, still up in the air (depends on whether Will gets all my $$$ or not lol). I may head into new hamster for a few days prior or hit Wompatuck for a night and work my way back. I have fri-mon open that weekend. But I gotta see this thing up close and get pics with it.

      I do have a box of stuff for Roxx though, so I could always snail mail it. I may even have a set of brand new Valeo blades kicking around that'll fit
      Oh you never saw the white 850R? Yeah I guess last time you were here the red 850R was still registered since we did that photoshoot with it. That was probably the last time it was driven aside for when it moved to the neighbor's yard to escape the flood. You'll probably get to see the white 850R eventually though. The new owner wants to start bringing it to Carlisle in the next year or two.




      Quote Originally Posted by shaun View Post
      Nice DD! I personally agree with you with autos sucking in traffic- as long as traffic means cars that are moving- the throttle response wrong gear all the time and lack of engine braking makes maintaining gaps too fraught and lurchy. If it is stop and go I like autos. Or Teslas. Our P2 felt way better than our P1 (yeah yeah yeah JRL) at 125K- That will be sweet for a long time.
      Boston traffic usually isn't just sitting stopped for long periods of time but even then I'd rather have a manual in stop and go. I hate fighting the engine/trans with the brakes and shifting in and out of drive gets annoying. I've driven through Hartford a handful of times at rush hour and that's the only place I've ever been that made me wish I was in an automatic. But yeah this one's gonna be around for a while. I'm getting it young enough and in good enough condition that it should never need a major restoration as long as I keep up with the maintenance.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 280k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast