SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

JaredR's 2007 S60 T5 M66

74K views 635 replies 59 participants last post by  JaredR 
#1 · (Edited)
So I went to look at this today for a long term daily, taking delivery next week :D. It's going to be epic. Has every option but sport kit and good wheels. ScottishBrick kept telling me I'd be missing out if I didn't buy it.....I was like alright I'll go look at it. The whole way there I kept wondering why on earth I was driving an hour in awful Friday traffic to go look at a black sedan, and then I drove it. It was amazing. Can't wait to start cruising around in this thing.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo cars Full-size car

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Congrats. I'm surprised to see that you bought a P2 though. What's the mileage?
125k. Yeah you're not the only one who's surprised LOL. I think I finally understand why you said P2s make great DDs now that I've experienced a good one! My old opinion appears to have been based on a lot of really broken P2s :facepalm:

#10 ·
Yeah the DOT P2 HIDs kinda suck. I can't wait to experience the ABLs :D.

#11 ·
Nice! Abl’s! Nebulas aren’t bad. T5 has that oem. Black, though...
That interior looks nice! How many miles and what’s it need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Nice! Abl's! Nebulas aren't bad. T5 has that oem. Black, though...
That interior looks nice! How many miles and what's it need?

125k and dealer serviced almost its whole life. It needs better wheels and zLines. And a trunk because the clear coat is shot. That's about all I was able to find when I drove it. Even appears to have Volvo blue coolant :thumbup:.

#12 ·
Wow nice score!

#17 ·
No not at all. I hate automatics in traffic. I probably drive in Boston rush hour 50-60x/year and every time I do it I use our NAm. The close ratio 6 speed and unfathomably light clutch will make it even better.

#15 ·
Very nice car! congrats.

#24 ·
Nice addition. You'll love it for daily cruising. I've been driving mine for almost 8 years now and it's been awesome.

#26 ·
Doesn't look like it. But probably better not to have it.

Josh, your old car is still in good hands and ticking those miles away. 136k and counting.

#30 ·
When stock, you don't get much wheel spin. These engines are very linear and we have turbo from 1800rpm. Very very easy cars to drive daily. (I don't have any experience with the R's, so I don't know on how they behave).

#31 ·
Agreed on a deal for a set of Capella! Just need to un-plastidip them and order up a set of zLines and I'll be ready to roll when I take delivery of the S60 :thumbup:.

ScottishBrick gave me a big T5 badge last night since the tiny T5 badge sitting all by itself looks kinda silly to me. This should be a bit better.

#32 ·
Man- I like the ones you have on there. I guess to each his own. Need more pics of this car- it looks good. Capellas a lot lighter? Clean up easier? No rash and the nebs do? I’m missing something other than the need for a nice set of tires.

#33 ·
Man- I like the ones you have on there. I guess to each his own. Need more pics of this car- it looks good. Capellas a lot lighter? Clean up easier? No rash and the nebs do? I'm missing something other than the need for a nice set of tires.
Oh those are Orpheus that it's on right now lol; if it had Nebula I wouldn't mess with it. That would be cool too. There were a bunch of wheels that I would have been fine with....Capella were one of them and just happened to be the first deal I happened upon. Also not trying to copy my dad given he has the 17" Nebula on his T5 SE. I like that we have different wheels on every car in the fleet.

Idk what to do with the Orpheus. Might use them to store the 850R on so I can finally dump the Persus and Antlia and clear out the last of the truly junk wheels.

#34 · (Edited)
Ordered up some zLINEs for this bad boy......I'm gonna regret buying 18s when these aren't cheap anymore lol

#578 ·
Ordered up some zLINEs for this bad boy......I'm gonna regret buying 18s when these aren't cheap anymore lol

Well we've arrived....tires aren't cheap anymore and these tires now are old and no longer sticky, and I've stopped driving the car because, among other reasons, I don't want to spend money on tires. Lol.

#36 ·
That's insane. Come over the border and buy a set to take home? They're even cheaper in 17.

It still feels wrong buying tires that cost <$100/ea lol....but hey I'm gonna ride this train as long as I can.

#40 ·
I see Will has everyone drinking the Nokian summer tire koolaid ;) I’m going with PS4S on Elsa, I’ve become a Michelin fanboy. Will allow us to compare because my friend has zLine on his SR.

#41 ·
I think as long as they're that cheap and people like them a lot, it's hard to compare, especially if you're not tracking. I wonder what life is like on them? Lot's of clean wear and mileage?
They certainly appear to clean up well.
I see Will has everyone drinking the Nokian summer tire koolaid ;) I'm going with PS4S on Elsa, I've become a Michelin fanboy. Will allow us to compare because my friend has zLine on his SR.