What went wrong with your XC40 today? - Page 10
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Results 316 to 337 of 337
    1. #316
      Junior Member 808dakine's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Hawaii
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by samplesdsg View Post
      Thank you very much for the education - that's exactly what it was.
      Whatever happened with your rear lift gate handle?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #317
      Junior Member 808dakine's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Hawaii
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by samplesdsg View Post
      Thank you very much for the education - that's exactly what it was.
      What happened to your rear lift door service issue?

    4. #318
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Posts
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by 808dakine View Post
      What happened to your rear lift door service issue?


      They did not charge me for the part / repair. It seems fine now.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #319
      Junior Member 808dakine's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Hawaii
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by samplesdsg View Post


      They did not charge me for the part / repair. It seems fine now.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Very Good. Thanks for the detailed report. I think Volvo did it right for you. Since ours wasn't broken or malfunctioning (yet) just assumed it better to not fix it if it ain't broke, eh? So far so we're happy with the car. They've put a lot of neat innovations into the car, like your turning lights. Did you notice you have a rear red fog light too?

    7. #320
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      7
      I read this thread voraciously when I was thinking about ordering and then waiting eight months for my XC40 T5 R-Design. I read all the stories and was so worried it would be a lemon. I took possession in early March 2019. I just scheduled my first FSM tonight, as I approach 10k miles. So far, not a single thing has gone wrong. No glitches. No rattles. No squeaks. No leaks. No recalls. No faulty parts. I was skeptical about buying a first-year model, but I'm super impressed. It's been a dream. Minor quibbles: the transmission (or at least the software) SUCKS! Hard shifts. Clunky and inelegant. Seems discordant with the luxury-ish brand and the polish everywhere else. BUT... I see there have been some transmission software updates since March. I'm looking forward to getting eight months worth of software updates next week and seeing if it smooths out the tranny. :-) Supposedly it'll also stop that stupid "Your SiriusXM subscription has expired" message, too. Sheesh. I have very minor annoyances with the touch screen and that stupid Sirius message. But, in general? Probably the happiest I've been with any vehicle during its first year in all my 51 years -- and I've owned a pretty wide range of vehicles in those years.

    8. #321
      Member PC Diesel's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,334
      Quote Originally Posted by samplesdsg View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by 808dakine View Post
      What happened to your rear lift door service issue?


      They did not charge me for the part / repair. It seems fine now.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Opened my tailgate last night and now I have the same issue. I was able to find the screws and anchors but the screws are still screwed into the anchors. No idea how they fell through.
      Traded In: 06 S60R 6MT Sonicama Elevate Exhaust, Phmic, iPD Stg II,Custom DP w/race cat, EST Ultra Flow Intake, Elevate Sways, SNABB Intake Pipe, SS DEM mod, BT, NAV, Miv w/X1

      2019 XC40 T5 Inscription: Denim Blue/Blond
      Wheels: 20" 5 Spoke Diamond Cut
      Packages: Premium, Vision, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel
      Options: Premium Sound, Polestar Tune

    9. #322
      Junior Member 808dakine's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Hawaii
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by PC Diesel View Post
      Opened my tailgate last night and now I have the same issue. I was able to find the screws and anchors but the screws are still screwed into the anchors. No idea how they fell through.
      Interesting, and you live in an area with "harsh" weather so hopefully you'll be covered by the TSB. Please keep us all informed.

    10. #323
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Northeast USA
      Posts
      295
      “Harsh” weather? Hey wait a sec. He lives in Boston. I live in Connecticut. The weather here in New England ain’t that bad. Is that what Hawaiians think of our weather? We have four beautiful seasons. The way the world was meant to be! Snow, rain, hot, humidity....we got it all baby! Anything other than that is a freak of nature. Power to the people. Can I get an Amen?!

    11. #324
      Junior Member 808dakine's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Hawaii
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
      “Harsh” weather? Hey wait a sec. He lives in Boston. I live in Connecticut. The weather here in New England ain’t that bad. Is that what Hawaiians think of our weather? We have four beautiful seasons. The way the world was meant to be! Snow, rain, hot, humidity....we got it all baby! Anything other than that is a freak of nature. Power to the people. Can I get an Amen?!
      That what Volvo seems to use as a measure to decide whether or not to replace/repair the tailgate latch, "in warranty".

    12. #325
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      8
      My driver’s seat heater has crapped out. Really annoying now that it is getting chilly.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    13. #326
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Posts
      82
      Tailgate will not close. I push the close button and it goes down about half way and goes back up. There is nothing in the back to obstruct the closing. The tailgate has to be manually pushed down to close, and it seems like I am working against something when manually closing. I will schedule service.

    14. #327
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      77
      Quote Originally Posted by samplesdsg View Post
      Tailgate will not close. I push the close button and it goes down about half way and goes back up. There is nothing in the back to obstruct the closing. The tailgate has to be manually pushed down to close, and it seems like I am working against something when manually closing. I will schedule service.
      I had that issue with my old XC60. They replaced the actuators. Note that when they did, they didn't work properly (really slow) at first. When I took it back, they realized they had to make a software change to let the car know that the actuators were new.

    15. #328
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      2

      Angry Front wipers

      Hey there, I'm living in Germany and am currently driving a XC40 D4 AWD Inscription nearly fully loaded.
      Mileage is about 29000 km, it's about 7 months old.

      This afternoon all of a sudden this message pops up - Front wipers not working (sorry, don't know what the car says in English since mine speaks German). Switching the car off & on again didn't help. So I had to drive about 10 km through pouring rain to my dealer. On my way there was another message saying the rain sensor is gone too.

      Now I'm sitting here, driving a V60 instead and waiting for a diagnosis.

      Happy this did not happen in the early morning during my drive from home to work on the Autobahn - it was raining cats and dogs then.

    16. #329
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      42
      The climate system has decided to malfunction. I'm only getting airflow through the far left and right air vents. Regardless of settings, no airflow coming through the centre vents, floor vents, windshield defrost vents, or passenger vents. My feet were cold on the way home from work in this -15C weather!

    17. #330
      Junior Member joebxr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Posts
      405
      Quote Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
      The climate system has decided to malfunction. I'm only getting airflow through the far left and right air vents. Regardless of settings, no airflow coming through the centre vents, floor vents, windshield defrost vents, or passenger vents. My feet were cold on the way home from work in this -15C weather!
      See this thread about same issue and path to fix:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...tion-about-A-C

    18. #331
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by Elk_Speedy View Post
      Hey there, I'm living in Germany and am currently driving a XC40 D4 AWD Inscription nearly fully loaded.
      Mileage is about 29000 km, it's about 7 months old.

      This afternoon all of a sudden this message pops up - Front wipers not working (sorry, don't know what the car says in English since mine speaks German). Switching the car off & on again didn't help. So I had to drive about 10 km through pouring rain to my dealer. On my way there was another message saying the rain sensor is gone too.

      Now I'm sitting here, driving a V60 instead and waiting for a diagnosis.

      Happy this did not happen in the early morning during my drive from home to work on the Autobahn - it was raining cats and dogs then.
      Culprit was the wiper drive....they changed the motor. Of course never happened before....

    19. #332
      Junior Member Fluffy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      England
      Posts
      162
      The driver's side mirror camera on my 360 view went dark and the mirror refused to retract. A quick "cold boot" lock and unlock seemed to sort the problem out.
      AWD D4 R Design Fully loaded UK First Edition Model XC40 Crystal White. Long Term Ownership.

    20. #333
      Junior Member 808dakine's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Hawaii
      Posts
      262
      Today while vacuuming the car, saw some white fuzzy clumps under the front passenger seat of my 2019 XC40 RDesign. Upon further inspection found a pool of water under the carpet under the seat. I know no one spilled anything, it's just water. I sponged out nearly a gallon of water but no sure got all of it without removing the entire carpet, maybe even the seat. Anyone have this problem before? Where's the water coming from? My guess it's from the A/C system and it's accumulated under the seat.

    21. #334
      Quote Originally Posted by Drawnad View Post
      My driver’s seat heater has crapped out. Really annoying now that it is getting chilly.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Same problem....had it fixed, but still not working.

    22. #335
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      13
      Quote Originally Posted by SkiMWV View Post
      My 2019 XC40 is back at the dealer again today. We have 17k miles so far. We've had to replace..
      - tailgate handle
      - all four rotors
      - fuel filler neck
      - stabilizer bar linkage
      - windshield

      Getting parts has been a problem. Other than the fuel filler neck, they've had to order everything. The stabilizer bar linked took over a month to get. I'm really fed up with this car. Considering the need to order parts, every repair takes two trips to the dealer. I am terrified of what happens when this car is out of warranty.

      I'm right there with you. I have 14K miles and have had the following go wrong:

      - Burned out headlight module. To replace they had to remove the front bumper and nicked up the paint in several places. (That was at 2 weeks ownership and 500 miles)
      - Center dash speaker rattled from day one. Replacement took several weeks to find part and they scratched up the dash replacing it.
      - Broken tailgate handle
      - Vibration at speeds above 60 MPH. Road force tire rotation did not fix, then they replaced 1 tire which still did not fix. Learning to just live with it.
      - Weird steering issue at highway speeds where sometimes steering seems to "hang" when getting out of a corner and won't self center. They can't reproduce it.
      - Warped front rotors (replaced on my own so I didn't have to deal with dealer)
      - Brake Failure light (dealer can't reproduce it.)
      - Random reboots of the Sensus system (dealer can't reproduce it.)

      And every time I go to the dealer for these issues they either can't reproduce or parts are not in stock and they have to order them.

    23. #336
      Junior Member rocketscience55's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Washington D.C.
      Posts
      75
      Quote Originally Posted by AlpMan View Post
      I'm right there with you. I have 14K miles and have had the following go wrong:

      - Burned out headlight module. To replace they had to remove the front bumper and nicked up the paint in several places. (That was at 2 weeks ownership and 500 miles)
      - Center dash speaker rattled from day one. Replacement took several weeks to find part and they scratched up the dash replacing it.
      - Broken tailgate handle
      - Vibration at speeds above 60 MPH. Road force tire rotation did not fix, then they replaced 1 tire which still did not fix. Learning to just live with it.
      - Weird steering issue at highway speeds where sometimes steering seems to "hang" when getting out of a corner and won't self center. They can't reproduce it.
      - Warped front rotors (replaced on my own so I didn't have to deal with dealer)
      - Brake Failure light (dealer can't reproduce it.)
      - Random reboots of the Sensus system (dealer can't reproduce it.)

      And every time I go to the dealer for these issues they either can't reproduce or parts are not in stock and they have to order them.
      Do you happen to have AWD? Some of the S60 and V90 owners have had issues with the AWD system causing vibrations. I have yet to see a single fix, but some are related to a bearing for the rear driveshaft. One of the admins on here had a V90CC that had vibration issues, replaced tires, balanced tires, replaced wheels, and ultimately Volvo bought it back. Not sure what the final conclusion was.

      Did the brake failure light happen after replacing the front rotors?
      2019 XC40 T4 FWD, Momentum with Premium and Vision Package - Hers
      2013 C30 Polestar #141/250, Mototech exhaust, Volvo Skid Plate, RacingBeat RSB, - His
      1997 Volvo 850 N/A with 240k, 1 owner, SOLD 2017
      2000 C70 Convertible 5sp HPT, SOLD 2011

    24. #337
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      118
      Quote Originally Posted by AlpMan View Post
      I'm right there with you. I have 14K miles and have had the following go wrong:

      - Burned out headlight module. To replace they had to remove the front bumper and nicked up the paint in several places. (That was at 2 weeks ownership and 500 miles)
      - Center dash speaker rattled from day one. Replacement took several weeks to find part and they scratched up the dash replacing it.
      - Broken tailgate handle
      - Vibration at speeds above 60 MPH. Road force tire rotation did not fix, then they replaced 1 tire which still did not fix. Learning to just live with it.
      - Weird steering issue at highway speeds where sometimes steering seems to "hang" when getting out of a corner and won't self center. They can't reproduce it.
      - Warped front rotors (replaced on my own so I didn't have to deal with dealer)
      - Brake Failure light (dealer can't reproduce it.)
      - Random reboots of the Sensus system (dealer can't reproduce it.)

      And every time I go to the dealer for these issues they either can't reproduce or parts are not in stock and they have to order them.
      The list is long. Old Volvos were better in Quality no doubt except the 4 banger engine issue with oil consumption.


      Jusr regarding the vibration, can you check if your axle bolts are loose? Here is how to check:

      Start with front only.

      1- Open the center cap on the wheel. Flat screwdriver will work but use cloth to not scratch the wheels

      2- Bring 13mm socket.

      3- check if the bolt was loose by tighten it not more than 30 degress. If it was loose, don't tighten it.

      4- You will need to buy new bolt 10.9 grade because the OEM one is very weak may break if you tighten it again.


      I did this on my S90 and both front axle bolts were loose. It caused the car to vibrate. I will buy better bolts in these two days.

      Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

    25. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10