What went wrong with your XC40 today? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      What went wrong with my XC40 today?

My wife took it and I had to drive her Suburban.
      2019 CBV XC40 P* Momentum Ice White/Black top, Charcoal inside

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What went wrong with your XC40 today?

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.moor View Post
      Could be the latch isn’t tightening enough

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
      Thanks, you are right! I adjusted the rubber stops so that the rear hatch fits tighter when closed ... and voila the noise is gone

I noticed when it is raining locking the door by touching the dent on the door handle doesn't work.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I had my first message today, less than one week of ownership
      CFD099DE-E2E8-4025-8A82-AD0DA45773CD.jpg
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by krcossin; 06-28-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio562 View Post
      Thanks, you are right! I adjusted the rubber stops so that the rear hatch fits tighter when closed ... and voila the noise is gone
      Awesome!!! Rattles make me insane haha

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
      2017 A4 Allroad P+ W/ Cold weather, warm weather, Florret silver on Charcoal. Loaded (AOA BUYBACK- ——> 2018 Prestige Florret silver full body paint, Warm weather, cold weather, DAP, ROW parts

2018 XC90 Momentum + Convenience, Air suspension, 21 Inch rims, Bright Silver with Charcoal Leather LOADED VCNA buyback ( From 2016 XC90 Osmium Grey)----

(2018 XC90 totaled by a driver who rear ended us——-> into 2018 Q7 Florret silver Prestige, DAP, Adaptive chassis , cold weather, tow

2017 F150 XLT- 3.5/10 Speed- BLIS, Sport appearance Lightning blue

1946 CJ2A Restore

Quote Originally Posted by krcossin View Post
      I had my first message today, less than one week of ownership:
      CFD099DE-E2E8-4025-8A82-AD0DA45773CD.JPG
      Sorry to see that your XC40 was tipped over.

Love the fact that you can request appt via the car, great idea.

All seat memory buttons are dead. Nothing is working, no light, no sound, no function. Kaput

going through a car wash today. had car on and in neutral, all the sudden thing went into park on the line. Did not touch anything. Do I need to have car turned off and in neutral going thru a wash??

Quote Originally Posted by gustiemav View Post
      going through a car wash today. had car on and in neutral, all the sudden thing went into park on the line. Did not touch anything. Do I need to have car turned off and in neutral going thru a wash??
      Would really like to hear from others about this. Seems like a serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MockngBrd View Post
      All seat memory buttons are dead. Nothing is working, no light, no sound, no function. Kaput
      Went back to the dealership, turns out the connectors were loose. Hopefully nothing else in the car is loose.

What went wrong with your XC40 today?

Quote Originally Posted by gustiemav View Post
      There is a section in the manual about turning off automatic parking brake when going through a car wash:

Last edited by jason_; 07-01-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Unhappy XC40 dead and no resolution yet...

Hello all,

I have had my XC40 for a little over a month now (made one car payment) and yesterday morning it completely died. I left for work (or tried to) and was able to unlock the vehicle by holding the handle but when I got in, the car would not start. The dashboard screen (behind the steering wheel) came on but nothing else. The screen stayed on for only a short moment and then turned off. I was unable to start, lock, unlock, etc. after that. I contacted Volvo Roadside Assistance and they ended up towing my car to the closest Volvo dealership. Prior to the tow truck arriving, my back tail lights had turned on and the left side was flickering - I opened and shut the driver side door and the lights turned off.

The dealership has not been able to provide any answers as to what is wrong with my car and have not been super detailed with any of their responses when I call. I have been contacted by several people at the dealership and asked what happened step by step prior to the car being towed but still no resolution or anyone taking initiative to make me feel confident that there will be a resolution to the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this??

I have the XC40 momentum.

Update to my previous post from earlier today...

Went to the dealership that is working on my car to get an update and a loaner car and they now "know" what's going wrong but do not have an expected date for me to pick my XC40 up. My vehicle is having a communication error between two softwares which results in a shut down of the entire car. They are able to jump start it but it ultimately results in a "dead battery" state shortly after. The mechanics at the dealership are working with Volvo engineers to resolve the issue and they have yet to receive the OK to release the car back to me. This is literally the first case reported so TBD on the resolution. I did not receive any details other than what I mentioned so I really have no idea when I should expect my XC40 back. Will update as I receive further information.

Not sure what happened to my first post but to sum it up quickly...

Got in my XC40 to leave for work on Monday morning, it allowed me to unlock my door by grabbing the handle, sat down and tried to start by pushing brake and start/stop button, dashboard behind steering wheel was on but nothing else (main middle screen did not turn on), car would not start and then within a few minutes everything went dead. Was unable to unlock/lock, start, use car key, use app to unlock/lock or start. Called Roadside assistance and they arranged for my XC40 to be towed to closest dealership. Before tow truck arrived, tail lights turned on and left began flickering - opened driver side door and tail lights turned off. Dealership received my car and had no idea what was going on. Did not receive any information until next day (which is my updated post).

I have an XC40 momentum just over one month (made one payment).

Quote Originally Posted by ourthirdeye View Post
      Update to my previous post from earlier today...

Went to the dealership that is working on my car to get an update and a loaner car and they now "know" what's going wrong but do not have an expected date for me to pick my XC40 up. My vehicle is having a communication error between two softwares which results in a shut down of the entire car. They are able to jump start it but it ultimately results in a "dead battery" state shortly after. The mechanics at the dealership are working with Volvo engineers to resolve the issue and they have yet to receive the OK to release the car back to me. This is literally the first case reported so TBD on the resolution. I did not receive any details other than what I mentioned so I really have no idea when I should expect my XC40 back. Will update as I receive further information.
      Hope they figure it out soon. Or they probably should buy it back. Sounds like some cable connection problem.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

When I park in the garage at home, I leave the car unlocked. Volvo On Call like to send me a text that the car is unlocked in the middle of the night even if I parked at 8 pm. Should have a Geofence or a way to set the time for texts.

Quote Originally Posted by signaturedoc View Post
      When I park in the garage at home, I leave the car unlocked. Volvo On Call like to send me a text that the car is unlocked in the middle of the night even if I parked at 8 pm. Should have a Geofence or a way to set the time for texts.
      I get a Volvo on call message within 10 minutes if I leave my car unlocked in the UK.
      AWD D4 R Design Fully loaded UK First Edition Model XC40 Crystal White. Long Term Ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
      I get a Volvo on call message within 10 minutes if I leave my car unlocked in the UK.
      Same here. About 10-15 minutes.

I've had 10-15 but also have had middle of night (hours after parked in garage)

That's not a defect, you're requesting an enhancement. If you don't like the notification, turn it off or lock your car?
      OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

Quote Originally Posted by lamarguy View Post
      That's not a defect, you're requesting an enhancement. If you don't like the notification, turn it off or lock your car?
      It could be useful if you could turn just some of the notifications off. Though if the notification your car is unlocked comes through many hours later after you left the car unlocked I'm not sure if this would count as an enhancement. I guess I'm fortunate that all my notifications so far came through quickly. For me the timeliness of the on call app messages mattered as I was quickly able to turn back and lock the car when I recently took my dog for a walk in the country.
      AWD D4 R Design Fully loaded UK First Edition Model XC40 Crystal White. Long Term Ownership.

My start/stop is starting to get dangerous. Everything was fine but it’s gradually getting worse— when stopped and the engine activates, usually with my foot still on the brake so the a/c can catch up, the car will lurch forward like an inch or 2. When I use auto hold, it doesn’t do this. It’s not a huge deal as I’m never less than 2 inches from the car in front of me, just a little unnerving. Either way I’m still trying to wait until mid July for a service appointment so I can do polestar at the same time.
      Fusion Red 19 XC40 T5 R-Design
      Premium, Vision, Advanced, Heated, HK, Pano, 20s, Polestar, Spoiler

I should clarify- I do get one about 10 minutes after leaving the car but then get a second one hours later, usually when I am in deep sleep having a great dream (I know these phones listen to everything and even read my mind). I don't want to lock the car in the garage just to satisfy Volvo On Call. But I want the feature in case I forget to lock the car when not at home.

I should clarify- I do get one about 10 minutes after leaving the car but then get a second one hours later, usually when I am in deep sleep having a great dream (I know these phones listen to everything and even read my mind). I don't want to lock the car in the garage just to satisfy Volvo On Call. But I want the feature in case I forget to lock the car when not at home.
      I recommend you set up your phone's do not disturb mode:

IPhone:
      https://www.imore.com/how-to-setup-u...rb-iphone-ipad

Android:
      https://www.greenbot.com/article/299...b-feature.html

Sleep tight.

Mine turned off last night

...and I had to leave it parked in the garage and couldnt drive it again till this morning. HA!

Lock your car or end your rant please, people are spending valuable time to read about real issues, not about your capricious and irrational demands.

Wow. I read that in the owner's manual several weeks ago and read your post. I still don't get it - no carwash for me. If one item in the checklist is forgotten a damaged car could result.
      A humble suggestion for Volvo: how about a 'Car Wash' button in the center display that appropriately configures the car. At least in my case, peace of mind would result. Happy Driving.

Not classified as "wrong" but has anyone noticed the air ventilated woofer behind the dash drop lower in frequency when the air is set to recirculate?

I updated my Sensus maps via USB and now every time I input a destination, it tells me that there is a something along the lines of there being a pedestrian access part of the route. Why is it doing this?
      Traded In: 06 S60R 6MT Sonicama Elevate Exhaust, Phmic, iPD Stg II,Custom DP w/race cat, EST Ultra Flow Intake, Elevate Sways, SNABB Intake Pipe, SS DEM mod, BT, NAV, Miv w/X1

2019 XC40 T5 Inscription: Denim Blue/Blond
      Wheels: 20" 5 Spoke Diamond Cut
      Packages: Premium, Vision, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel
      Options: Premium Sound, Polestar Tune

I have the driver display set for the navigation map, and today it froze on New York. I'm nowhere near New York. I switched the display to media and back to nav with no effect. The center display and the position readout in the driver display were correct.

I shut the car off and re-started and it cleared up and started working properly.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, Thunder Grey Metallic, Polestar Optimized
      traded - 2019 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design with Polestar Optimization, Bursting Blue Metallic
      first Volvo - 1985 740 GLE sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jay_man2 View Post
      I have the driver display set for the navigation map...
      Are you saying it is set to display nav as default...when you start car, that is the screen on center display?

Quote Originally Posted by joebxr View Post
      Are you saying it is set to display nav as default...when you start car, that is the screen on center display?
      The display between the gauges can be set for map or media. That's the driver display. The center display can also display the nav at the same time, but I usually have it closed up to just show the choices available, and the climate controls at the bottom.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, Thunder Grey Metallic, Polestar Optimized
      traded - 2019 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design with Polestar Optimization, Bursting Blue Metallic
      first Volvo - 1985 740 GLE sedan

Quote Originally Posted by PC Diesel View Post
      I updated my Sensus maps via USB and now every time I input a destination, it tells me that there is a something along the lines of there being a pedestrian access part of the route. Why is it doing this?
      Mine will do that for a few days and then not for a week but I have not performed any updated.
      Fusion Red 19 XC40 T5 R-Design
      Premium, Vision, Advanced, Heated, HK, Pano, 20s, Polestar, Spoiler

My keys keep loosing the seat memory positions. One day the seat adjusts the next it won't. Very frustrating. I've ended up resorting to using the memory buttons on the doors instead.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast