What went wrong with your XC40 today? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
      My keys keep loosing the seat memory positions. One day the seat adjusts the next it won't. Very frustrating. I've ended up resorting to using the memory buttons on the doors instead.
      I reset the profiles after thinking programming to the key was better than just pushing the door 1 or 2 button. I was wrong. The time for the center display takes to restart was too slow for me.
      2019 CBV XC40 P* Momentum Ice White/Black top, Charcoal inside

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My car is going in to the dealer on Monday for the safety/dog guard to be fitted. I'll raise the issue of my key dropping the seat memory.
      AWD D4 R Design Fully loaded UK First Edition Model XC40 Crystal White. Long Term Ownership.

My keys keep loosing the seat memory positions. One day the seat adjusts the next it won't. Very frustrating. I've ended up resorting to using the memory buttons on the doors instead.
      Mine has done that a few times and the profile changes are unbearably slow and painful once the car is started.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Looks like there may be a few peeps with key memory problems here, I will report back what the dealer says or finds.
      AWD D4 R Design Fully loaded UK First Edition Model XC40 Crystal White. Long Term Ownership.

Picked up my car today. Second trip in it my wife goes to lower the window and the switch falls through the hole and in to the hollow space where the handle is. Not a huge deal but after spending 4.5 hours at the dealership today itís the last place I want to go. Yes my delivery took 4.5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by skodaice View Post
      Picked up my car today. Second trip in it my wife goes to lower the window and the switch falls through the hole and in to the hollow space where the handle is. Not a huge deal but after spending 4.5 hours at the dealership today itís the last place I want to go. Yes my delivery took 4.5 hours.
      4.5 hours?? Did they have to put substantial parts of it together?

(And were those parts the power window assemblies...?)

Hopefully they get that fixed up quick for you!

Today I had the car sitting in the driveway and was going through all the light settings trying to figure out what they do. I clicked the button on the stalk for the front fog lamp and immediately got a message that there was a failure with the headlamp (it was working fine before). Now I constantly have an error message in my driver's display indicating an error with the active bending lights (little head-light symbol with arrows on both sides); however I do not have active bending lights (that's part of the Advance package... which I do not have). Anyone know how to reset the computer? I don't think it's an actual lamp failure but just a computer error.

I think it was a combo of not prepping the car last Fri. like they promised and it was there first CBV car. Super nice people but had no idea how it worked. Itís amazing even management had not read or been trained at all on the program. They barely knew what I was talking about when I said I had Care By Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpMan View Post
      Today I had the car sitting in the driveway and was going through all the light settings trying to figure out what they do. I clicked the button on the stalk for the front fog lamp and immediately got a message that there was a failure with the headlamp (it was working fine before). Now I constantly have an error message in my driver's display indicating an error with the active bending lights (little head-light symbol with arrows on both sides); however I do not have active bending lights (that's part of the Advance package... which I do not have). Anyone know how to reset the computer? I don't think it's an actual lamp failure but just a computer error.
      Just an update in case anyone experiences anything similar. I started getting all sorts of light failure messages in the display and app. I disconnected the headlight and plugged it back in - no change. I then decided to just reset the entire infotainment system back to factory defaults and voila, all messages went away and the headlights started working again. Bizarre!

So this isnt "something wrong" with the car, but Im a bit perplexed.

I went to install the flag on my XC40 (thanks Ben!) and I did not bring my key to my parking garage. I used the VOC app to unlock the car (It had me click the trunk handle to unlock the car...which I thought was odd)

Anyway, after the trunk, I pulled the driver door handle and opened the door. The odd part is that I was able to start the car and even drive it with no key on me. The red key was in the car and Car sharing is activated in my app, however I did not have any invitations out or valid allowance.

Did I just cheat the Car Sharing aspect, find a bug, or is this how it normally works?

Apple Car Play / XM Radio

I was listening to XM and also using Google maps through Apple car play. Every time Google maps updated directions, I had to manually hit the XM button radio station to go back to XM. It got so irritating, constantly restarting XM, I unplugged Apple car play and got directions over the phone speaker so I could listen to XM. Wouldn't you think the sound would go back to what you were listening to after Apple car play cuts in? (I might just be technically challenged and missed some kind of setting).

Today I tried (for the first time) to connect a USB drive filled with music files to my car and it failed to read on both USB ports.

The drive is FAT32 formatted and has 16 Gb capacity and it works without any issues on other cars and computers.

No error message was shown on center console, except for the USB icon which was greyed.

Is there any additional configuration to enable it? Apple Carplay works fine by the way.
      2019 XC40 T5 AWD Momentum Onyx Black

Wait, the seats are supposed to adjust to keys as well? That has never happened with ours. The profiles change with no issues, but we've always had to use the door buttons to adjust seats back to memory 1 or 2 position.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
      Wait, the seats are supposed to adjust to keys as well? That has never happened with ours. The profiles change with no issues, but we've always had to use the door buttons to adjust seats back to memory 1 or 2 position.
      Owner's Manual Pg 129:
      Driver profiles
      Many of the vehicle's settings can be customized
      to the driver's personal preferences and
      saved in one or more driver profiles.
      These personal settings are automatically saved
      in the active driver profile. Each key can be linked
      to one driver profile. When the linked key is used,
      the vehicle is customized to the specific settings
      of that driver profile.
      Which settings are saved in driver
      profiles?
      The vehicle has settings that can be made either
      personal or global. The personal settings are
      saved in driver profiles.
      Settings that can be saved in a driver profile
      include, among other things, screens, mirrors,
      front seats, navigation*, audio and media system,
      language and voice control.
      Some settings are global settings. These settings
      can be changed but are not saved to a specific
      driver profile. Changes to global settings affect all
      profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by joebxr View Post
      Owner's Manual Pg 129:
      So I went out to car and changed profile to guest which adjusted seat to position obviously not mine as well all settings in console.

Walked about 30 yards away. Came back, car recognized my key and adjusted seat to my settings. Go figure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up my car yesterday, so my experience has been pretty limited since I've been at work for most of the time that I've had it, however I have noticed that my voice control for either the standard Sensus system and Apple CarPlay (Siri) does not hear my voice while driving. I'll press the button for voice control and speak a command, but it acts as if it doesn't hear what I'm saying. If I pullover and turn the car off and back on it starts to work again.

Is there a way to restart Sensus without having to turn the car off and back on again? Also has anyone else experienced this? It's a little frustrating - Sensus voice control has been great to control the radio, phone and climate control when it works, but over the day and I half I've had the car it hasn't worked on two of my drives.

Looks like there may be a few peeps with key memory problems here, I will report back what the dealer says or finds.
      Saw my dealer about the intermittent key memory seat positions. When I demo'd it the seats worked perfectly to my settings. Plus my other half's profile settings were not protected. Jury's out if the problem is mine or my ride.

Saw my dealer about the intermittent key memory seat positions. When I demo'd it the seats worked perfectly to my settings. Plus my other half's profile settings were not protected. Jury's out if the problem is mine or my ride.
      Iím having issues as well sometimes.

Awaiting Approval

Angry Vehicle Key Not Found

Hi All,

Has anyone had a problem with the car saying thre fob isn't found?

Remote started the car this morning. Both the wife and I got into the car with our key fobs (attached to house keys). The Red key was also in the car (as it always is).

She dropped me off at the train station and drove back home. Once she got home she couldn't lock, unlock or restart the car because it said vehicle key not found. She spoke to Volvo On-Call and they said to put it on the sensor in the glove compartment which allowed her to restart the car, but she still can't lock/unlock with the keys because unless it's on the sensor it won't recognise the fob.

We've also never been able to get our sport key fob to work. A second call to Volvo and they said to take our keys back to a dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpMan View Post
      Just an update in case anyone experiences anything similar. I started getting all sorts of light failure messages in the display and app. I disconnected the headlight and plugged it back in - no change. I then decided to just reset the entire infotainment system back to factory defaults and voila, all messages went away and the headlights started working again. Bizarre!
      Headlight started acting up again a week later. Bunch of error messages... complete lamp out, then you restart the car and all was working again. Took it to the dealer who ended up ordering / replacing the entire lamp assembly which of course requires removal of the bumper. Fun times. So far it looks to be working again.

Bought a R-Design on Friday and today when starting the vehicle to go back to work from lunch at home, got an SRS airbag system warning telling me to go to a dealership to have it looked at. Has 114 miles on the odometer, will report back after going to the dealership on Tuesday.
      Last edited by pharmdtg; 07-23-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmdtg View Post
      Bought a R-Design on Friday and today when starting the vehicle to go back to work from lunch at home, got an SRS airbag system warning telling me to go to a dealership to have it looked at. Has 114 miles on the odometer, will report back after going to the dealership on Tuesday.
      Took car to dealership today, was there for two hours and they were not able to tell me much about what errors the car put out when they hooked it up. The service person was on the phone with Volvo before I left, they mentioned about the contacts for the airbags and that they may have to get the dash out. Dealer gave me a loaner 2018 XC60 and said they would get back to me. (For context the dealer I bought the car at is not the same one where I am having service done, the dealer that I bought the car at is 2.5 hours away and had the exact XC 40 I wanted in stock. The dealer I am getting the work done at is nearest to my home)

My internet connection seems to be very flickery. There is a SIM-card in the car with a free dataplan for 6 months. It works if I share internet from my phone, but I think that's not a very smooth solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Volvo Driver View Post
      Hi All,

Has anyone had a problem with the car saying thre fob isn't found?

The Red key was also in the car (as it always is).
      I heard that's usually the culprit.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by pharmdtg View Post
      Took car to dealership today, was there for two hours and they were not able to tell me much about what errors the car put out when they hooked it up. The service person was on the phone with Volvo before I left, they mentioned about the contacts for the airbags and that they may have to get the dash out. Dealer gave me a loaner 2018 XC60 and said they would get back to me. (For context the dealer I bought the car at is not the same one where I am having service done, the dealer that I bought the car at is 2.5 hours away and had the exact XC 40 I wanted in stock. The dealer I am getting the work done at is nearest to my home)
      Car was fixed and ready to go today, they ended up replacing the steering wheel airbag sensor assembly. If not under warranty, the repair would have been almost $800.

We picked up our XC40 CBV yesterday. My wife works night shift at the hospital and took the car in to work last night. She got home this morning and of course the first thing I want to do is just sit in the car and play around a little bit. So I did. Turned the car on and sat in there and the center display is completely off. Radio had been on so it was still putting out sound. But no amount of screen touches, various forms of "home" button pushes, or half joking voice command requests asking the screen to turn on had any positive result. The manual states that if you hold the home button to turn the screen off the climate line at the bottom will remain and you simply press the home button again to activate the center display. But not in my case. So that was pretty cool.

Today is the second time since we got the car on Friday that when getting in the car the center display refuses to come on.

Quote Originally Posted by coburnxc40 View Post
      I just picked up my car yesterday, so my experience has been pretty limited since I've been at work for most of the time that I've had it, however I have noticed that my voice control for either the standard Sensus system and Apple CarPlay (Siri) does not hear my voice while driving. I'll press the button for voice control and speak a command, but it acts as if it doesn't hear what I'm saying. If I pullover and turn the car off and back on it starts to work again.

Is there a way to restart Sensus without having to turn the car off and back on again? Also has anyone else experienced this? It's a little frustrating - Sensus voice control has been great to control the radio, phone and climate control when it works, but over the day and I half I've had the car it hasn't worked on two of my drives.
      I seem to have narrowed down a possible variable that is causing the microphone to not work. It seems that if the outside temperature registers above 90F the microphone is rendered useless. The Sensus system is unable to hear my commands for Radio, HVAC, etc., Apple CarPlay (Siri) cannot hear my comments and I cannot take hands-free calls. Is this a known issue or has anyone else experienced this? I'd say I'm batting 0.500 with the system working when starting the car up given the heat wave we've had on the East Coast of MA. I've tried to disconnect CarPlay and use Bluetooth and also just simply use voice commands without having my phone paired to the system with no luck. It defeats the purpose of having hands-free accessories when I have to fiddle with my phone to try to take a call...luckily it's not illegal in MA to hold your phone to take a call while driving!

When I enter an address by voice for the nav system, it tells me to chose from the list. However, there is no visible list. Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Socalmark View Post
      When I enter an address by voice for the nav system, it tells me to chose from the list. However, there is no visible list. Any help appreciated.
      Hmm very odd, a list of possible addresses automatically comes up in my instrument binnacle for me to choose the right choice from the steering wheel toggle controls.

Doh, thanks for the clue. I needed to have navigation displayed in the instrument panel rather than media. I will eventually figure this all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Socalmark View Post
      Doh, thanks for the clue. I needed to have navigation displayed in the instrument panel rather than media. I will eventually figure this all out.
      Your welcome, it's an awesome car, lots to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosh01 View Post
      Over the last two months, I've had some problems with the Sensus system.

On one occasion the volume spontaneously dropped to barely audible while playing music via BlueTooth from my iPhone. None of the volume controls worked on either the touchscreen, knob, or iPhone. It would not respond when I tried to mute it. The only fix was to turn off the engine for a few minutes and restart.

I've lost my phone favorites list on three occasions. They just mysteriously disappear.

One one occasion I was listening to one Sirius channel when it jumped to another station in the middle of a song.

If this keeps up, I'll go in to see if there is a software update.
      Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
      I'm having a driver profile/key issue as well. Mr. Chgoeditor's profile correctly says there is a key connected to it. Mine -- no matter how many times I connect my key to my profile -- never seems to remember. Sometimes I'll get into the car (after he was previously driving) and it recognizes my profile but doesn't reset my seat to the proper position.

Separately, on day 2 of owning it, I got an error about a side collision sensor, though that disappeared pretty quickly.

We're taking a 600+ mile road trip in a couple weeks, so it's going back to the dealer on Friday for a check up in hopes of fixing these minor but annoying issues.

I brought my XC40 in on Friday for software updates, my polestar tune and to fix the vibrating when closing the sunroof. They said it would be done within 24 hours. No one called me as of today, my service advisor didn’t return my call. I finally had to just ask the person that makes the appointments and she was able to tell me the car still isn’t ready because they’re “fixing the sunroof malfunction still”. I guess it was more serious than I thought. I’m in a brand new xc60 t6 momentum loaner and it’s a lot of fun but it’s not optioned up as well as my xc40 and I really wanted to test out the polestar over the weekend.
      Fusion Red 19 XC40 T5 R-Design
      Premium, Vision, Advanced, Heated, HK, Pano, 20s, Polestar, Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by jimmym1981 View Post
      So this isnt "something wrong" with the car, but Im a bit perplexed.

I went to install the flag on my XC40 (thanks Ben!) and I did not bring my key to my parking garage. I used the VOC app to unlock the car (It had me click the trunk handle to unlock the car...which I thought was odd)

Anyway, after the trunk, I pulled the driver door handle and opened the door. The odd part is that I was able to start the car and even drive it with no key on me. The red key was in the car and Car sharing is activated in my app, however I did not have any invitations out or valid allowance.

Did I just cheat the Car Sharing aspect, find a bug, or is this how it normally works?
      I was confused initially until I carefully read this on Volvo Car Support:

http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...aring-overview

Once the Volvo is locked using the Volvo On Call app, the button on the door handle, or the lock button on the regular key fob, the Red Key will become deactivated. Once the XC40 is unlocked via the Volvo On Call app, or the unlock button on the key fob, the Red Key will activate and may be used the same as any standard key.
      2019 XC40 R-Design Osmium Grey; premium, advanced and vision packages

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast