Would it be possible to enable the Like feature on this forum?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 18 of 18
    1. #1
      Junior Member frontgear's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Posts
      277

      Would it be possible to enable the Like feature on this forum?

      I know I am a newcomer to this forum and have been reading and enjoying the knowledge, the expertise, the know-hows, the jokes, the affection that we all have for our cars, and best of all, all the beautiful photos of our members' cars. Sometimes I just wish I had a Like button to show my appreciation to the posters.

      If it is not too much to ask, I would like to request a Like button implemented. Please. Double please?
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Osmium Gray/Amber

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Richmond, VA
      Posts
      207
      The only problem I see with a like button is that it discourages participation. Instead of having more people active in threads verbalizing their thoughts, they just have to hit a like button. That's my opinion.

    4. #3
      Junior Member frontgear's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Posts
      277
      But it is still much better than posting a 2-word Thank You post to every single post you like, isn't it?
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Osmium Gray/Amber

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      199
      Quote Originally Posted by frontgear View Post
      But it is still much better than posting a 2-word Thank You post to every single post you like, isn't it?
      Reviving this suggestion. I am a member of a very large forum and there was quite the controversy over the "like" feature - whether or not we should have it at all, how it should be implemented, etc.

      At the end of the day, although I was a detractor of the way it was implemented, I like it overall. There are times where I would want to indicate that I liked a post/comment, but don't actually have anything else to add to the conversation at that time. In those situations, I just move along without contributing anything.

      Likes would at least show what's being read and appreciated as particularly insightful or helpful, even for the lurkers.
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

    7. #5
      Junior Member SeabeckS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Seabeck, WA, USA
      Posts
      579
      Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      Reviving this suggestion. I am a member of a very large forum and there was quite the controversy over the "like" feature - whether or not we should have it at all, how it should be implemented, etc.

      At the end of the day, although I was a detractor of the way it was implemented, I like it overall. There are times where I would want to indicate that I liked a post/comment, but don't actually have anything else to add to the conversation at that time. In those situations, I just move along without contributing anything.

      Likes would at least show what's being read and appreciated as particularly insightful or helpful, even for the lurkers.

    8. #6
      Junior Member SeabeckS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Seabeck, WA, USA
      Posts
      579
      Quote Originally Posted by frontgear View Post
      I know I am a newcomer to this forum and have been reading and enjoying the knowledge, the expertise, the know-hows, the jokes, the affection that we all have for our cars, and best of all, all the beautiful photos of our members' cars. Sometimes I just wish I had a Like button to show my appreciation to the posters.

      If it is not too much to ask, I would like to request a Like button implemented. Please. Double please?

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      199
      Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
      "Like"
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

    10. #8
      Junior Member SeabeckS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Seabeck, WA, USA
      Posts
      579
      Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      "Like"

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      199
      Do admins even monitor this forum?

      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      199
      Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

      Are you there, Mod? It's me, gobluetwo...
      Last edited by gobluetwo; 10-03-2019 at 10:26 AM.
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

    13. #11
      Global Moderator R-Pow3R3d's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      8,202
      Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

      Are you there, Mod? It's me, gobluetwo...
      In fairness, only four people said they were interested in this thread in a year and 3 months. Not like the door is being beaten down for this feature.
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2006 & 2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R

    14. #12
      Junior Member SeabeckS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Seabeck, WA, USA
      Posts
      579

    15. #13
      Junior Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      890
      I’d like a like system. Maybe a thanks feature too.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    16. #14
      Tapatalk which a lot of us use has the “kin” feature... might as well just use that?

    17. #15
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Lewisberry Penn
      Posts
      603
      I'd like it!

    18. #16
      Administrator chris@swedespeed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2000
      Location
      DC Metro
      Posts
      55,699
      The forum software has a long overdue update coming. Let me see what features will be implemented.
      2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

      Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

    19. #17
      Junior Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      890
      A “like” and “thanks”. So much good info gets posted that deserves a thanks but I don’t want to clutter up a thread with it.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    20. #18
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      199
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      The forum software has a long overdue update coming. Let me see what features will be implemented.
      *like*
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

    21. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements