Extremely frustrates through Buyback/Trade assist process
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Extremely frustrated through Buyback/Trade assist process

Unfortunately, we have been having many issues with our XC90 like brakes squeal, rattles, sensus issues, and the biggest of all is power loss on the highway. With this said, we have opened many cases with Volvo customer care, including one where a regional tech came out to our dealership and replaced a lot of the big parts in the car including the rear floor pan of the car for a rattle. More recently, we opened up multiple cases where the first case got denied but then the second case was approved for a buyback on 05/15 saying that "you should hear from Stericycle in the next week or two" only to receive no information. Then, thinking it would be a quicker process to do a trade assist, I requested a trade. After confirming that a trade was possible, I picked out a T8 on 06/20 only today to recieve information that I will not be able to trade into a T8 even if I was willing to pay for it. Making it worse, the numbers they gave me on going into a safe, functional, car was very high. I am very lost as to what to do at this point and am becoming very frustrated. If any of you have any suggestions please help me out. Also, not to mention, the car has been sitting at the dealership for this entire time.
      Last edited by pdpspeed; 07-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.
      Cars:
      2016 Volvo XC90 T6 First Edition
      2015 BMW X5 XDrive50i

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I was in the same boat a few months ago. My almost brand-new 2018 XC90 had an A/C leak and Volvo offered me a trade assist. I wanted to move into a 2018 T6 Inscription and had been told that I would have to pay for the difference, to which I agreed to. I picked out a new Inscription only to be told 3 days later that I would not be able to move up to an Inscription, since the trade assist was a collateral swap (trade for similarly-equipped model).

Since I was trading for the same year and same model, I did not have to pay for anything. Volvo was nice enough to allow me to pick out one with an extra option that would have cost me $450.

I assume that yours is outside of the lemon law period?
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Osmium Gray/Amber

Quote Originally Posted by frontgear View Post
      I was in the same boat a few months ago. My almost brand-new 2018 XC90 had an A/C leak and Volvo offered me a trade assist. I wanted to move into a 2018 T6 Inscription and had been told that I would have to pay for the difference, to which I agreed to. I picked out a new Inscription only to be told 3 days later that I would not be able to move up to an Inscription, since the trade assist was a collateral swap (trade for similarly-equipped model).

Since I was trading for the same year and same model, I did not have to pay for anything. Volvo was nice enough to allow me to pick out one with an extra option that would have cost me $450.

I assume that yours is outside of the lemon law period?
      Yeah, our car is barely outside the lemon law period. How long did the process end up taking?
      Cars:
      2015 BMW X5 XDrive50i

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Mine was a pretty painless buyback, I say 3 weeks for the process after I got approval. Might have went faster since I held title.

Quote Originally Posted by pdpspeed View Post
      Yeah, our car is barely outside the lemon law period. How long did the process end up taking?
      It took 31 days to be exact.
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Osmium Gray/Amber

Ours took about 2-3 weeks for both of our XC90s. We were able to do trade in from MY16 to MY17 without too many issues. We came out pretty much even in terms of price/payments.
      2017 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Osmium Grey, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg / Vision Pkg. /20" Rims
      2017 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Black Onyx Metallic, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg. / Vision Pkg. / 20" Rims

It's awesome that so many people's process has been so simple, but for us it is getting close to 3 months and I just received a number which would force us to take a big financial hit to have a car which is safe to drive and running out of options other than to hire a professional which we hope to use as last resort. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would help in this situation?
      Cars:
      2015 BMW X5 XDrive50i

Hi All - I've been having some recurrent issues with my 2018 XC60 (taken it to the dealer multiple times) and wanted to find out if a trade assist is possible. How did you all go about requesting one?

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements