SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Interior Lighting - Ambience Lights (LED)

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  volvoxc9008 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have the Ambience light (LED mood light) in the Front roof lighting of my V60.
However in the Rear roof lighting the Ambience light (LED mood light) does not appear to be working.

They both appear to have the same little slot in which the light should come from, however only the front are working.

Has the LED failed, or is it not available in the rear?

Refer page. 103 of the V60 owners manual TP 21005 (English Int.) AT 1617 MY17

Is this consistent with others interior Ambience lights (LED)?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Would anyone be able to confirm a part number?
I have a feeling that it should be Volvo Part No. 39826656 (Charcoal / no sunroof / with map light switch / with alarm sensors / with LED Ambient Light), but could be wrong with the part number...

I have tried emailing Tasca Parts (twice) but they are yet to respond...

#7 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about installing the rear theater light to my car. I really like the one up front. At night it does a really good job of lighting the center console while also being subtle. I have a few questions though.

1) Does the rear theater light do a good job of providing light for rear passengers.
2) I haven't really done any mods to my car besides replacing the license tag lights for LED ones. Is it complicated to remove the rear dome light and swap it.
3) Would this part: 39826651 work for a US Volvo since mine doesn't have the alarm with ultrasonic sensors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.