Stealth Hitches Volvo Customer Reviews!!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stealth Hitches Volvo Customer Reviews!!

Greetings Swedespeed!

We are going to start posting Volvo customer reviews for our hitch with photos and insights to our product! We hope you all find this to be a helpful resource. Feel free to respond to the thread or PM us with any questions you may have as we would love to assist you. You may also contact us via live chat on our website https://stealthhitches.com/ calling us toll-free at 833-MYHITCH (694-4824) or emailing [email protected]. These reviews can be found on our website as well!

Enjoy!
      Stealth Hitches

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

First Volvo Review!! Anonymous

"Awesome Hitch for a Volvo XC60!

Outstanding! I ordered my hitch (combo package) just a few days in advance of retrieving a new (MY2018) Volvo XC60 R-Design from the dealer two hours away. The Stealth Hitch surprised me with the fast delivery and the dealer performed the installation, including adding the Sensus hitch software feature to the car's electronics - great packaging; extremely satisfied."

This photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed with the detachable rack connector inserted.
      Attached Images Attached Images

Heinz W. from Canada!!

"The perfect hitch for me.

Hitch was always a big issue for me. I only need it occasionally yet it has always had to be there, destroying an otherwise clean look of my vehicle. I was super disappointed when I found out that Volvo would not make the European fold-away available in NA. Ever so thankful that just about the time I had to resort to OEM, the Stealth Hitch came on the scene for the Volvo XC60. Ever so thankful indeed, as I now have a hitch when needed and “nothing visible” for every day clean. Getting stuff to Canada is usually a bit of a challenge due to cost of duties, taxes and shipping. I purchased the Stealth Hitch during the introductory period that offered a discount to US customers and free shipping to Canada. It helped to make up my mind. Shipping was prompt. Duty and taxes were the usual excessive but that’s the price we pay for living in Canada. My dealer did the install and software programming followed by a bit of DIY cleanup. End result… excellent. Had the dealer not offered to install it would have been a DIY project rather than finding some stranger to install. I would have been quite comfortable to do the DIY based on the excellent instructions that accompanied the hitch. During the pre and post install period there were a few communications between Steve and myself. Always received a prompt reply with answers to any questions and concerns I had. BTW… all of my concerns were unfounded. Very happy with the outcome. My XC60 looks like it just came off the assembly line. No hitch parts visible until needed."

The two photos below show the XC60 with our ball mount inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Thank you such a positive review, Heinz W.!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

XC60 Review from Jason D.

"Great design, solid construction

This is easily the best hitch available for the 2018 Volvo XC60. The design is great, allowing a truly hidden receiver when not in use, which is 99% of the time the car is being used. When installed the hitch is solidly built and works perfectly. Install is easy enough for a handy person or anyone who would be installing any other hitch themselves."

Thank you, Jason D.!

XC60 Review from John S.

"You get what you pay for..

These hitches aren't cheap, but they're built like a tank. Even my installer commented on how well built it is. Looks great on my car -- can't even tell its there when I'm not using it."

This photo shows a below-the-vehicle view of the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached (rack connector or ball mount).

Thank you, John S.!

Kevin H. with our first XC90 Review!

"Volvo XC 90 Install

Great hitch. It’s kind of sad to put that much effort into a hitch and not see it! Kind of pricy but the best hitch option!"

The photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached.

Being Hidden is our motto . Thank you, Kevin H.!

XC90 Review from Arnell

"Great product

Shipment arrived promptly. Seems very well made and completely invisible when installed. Rack attachment attaches and detaches very simply but is very secure when in place. Very happy with product."

This photo shows our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Thank you, Arnell!

XC90 Review from Robert G.

"Perfect hitch!

The only hitch available for my 2018 Volvo XC90 from the manufacturer required a large cutout in the bumper and then a cheap plastic cover that looks horrible! I purchased my Stealth Hitch because it truly is HIDDEN, a small unnoticeable cut is made under the bumper totally out of sight. Following the directions it only took me 2hr 15min with no damage to the car, anyone who owns the tools can do it. I will be singing the praises of this hitch to anyone who will listen, including my dealer who should know about this."

Wow! Thank you for the support and kind words, Robert G.!!

XC60 Review from Mark B.

"Best Hitch System Available for Volvo XC60

Ordering, shipping, delivery were all quick and easy. Installed the hitch system and wiring myself in a little over three hours, not hard, but I took my time. Instructions were spot on and easy to follow. Everything in the kit appears to be very high quality and well engineered. Hitch is very solid once it's in the receiver. Very clean appearance after installation. These should be "the factory option" on SUV's like the new Volvo's!"

These photos show the process of removing the crash bumper, installing the Stealth Hitch, and reinstalling the crash bumper.

Great photos showing a little insight into the installation process. Thank you for the positive review, Mark B.!!

XC90 Review from Walter B.

"Great Addition to our XC90

Received promptly, well packaged. Nicely machined components, well engineered. Installation was problem-free using the fantastically detailed instructions (great, clear photos). Swapping out the ball mount and receiver couldn't be more straight forward. Love the “invisible” look when not in use. Rubber cap and plug keeps everything clean and ready for the next use. Higher weight capacity than the OEM hitch definitely a plus. Can't recommend this hitch more highly."

This awesome picture collage shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached at the top. The bottom two photos our ball mount inserted and our rack connector inserted.

Thank you, Walter B.!!

Anonymous XC60 Review

"Great product and communication!

Excellent experience overall. My only comments were that I didn’t know there would be a fairly large cutout under the bumper (which you cannot see). My authorized Volvo dealership unfortunately did a hack cutout job underneath. Also my dealership had to make the holes on my cars bumper a little bigger to fit the hitch on. Since I can’t see it doesn’t bother me. As far as customer service goes Steve is EXCELLENT and gets back to you immediately. Once you get the receiver in it’s clearly very high quality."

These photos show our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

The XC60 does require a cutout underneath to allow access to the latch block.

Anonymous XC90 Review

"Stealth hitch for 2017 Volvo XC90

Excellent high quality product. Fast shipping. Installation instructions are pretty good. Self installation with a buddy is time consuming, but not hard. 2 hours."

XC60 Reivew from Rob C.

"Very Cool Invisible Hitch

Everything worked out great. Got the dealer to install at a reasonable price and off I went. Thanks for your help Rob C. Asharoken NY"

This photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed with no accessories attached on the left and the ball mount inserted into the hitch on the right.

Thank you, Rob C., for the awesome review and photo!

XC60 Review from John Y.

"Amazing Hitch!!

First off, Stealth Hitch is exactly what I was looking for; a capable hitch system that isn’t noticeable at all. Second; I had a few questions about the hitch itself and emailed the company. The received a response back so quick that I often wondered if they were just siting there waiting for emails, haha. But in all seriousness, Stealth Hitches is without a doubt one of the best companies I’ve ever dealt with, and are super professional and value you as a customer. Don’t look any further, just make the purchase!"

Thank you for such kind words, John Y.!

XC90 Review from Chap A.

"Finally something better than OEM hitches!

I was quoted a price of around $1700 from my dealer to have a professional Volvo XC 90 (2016) hitch put in - and that still involved you seeing the hitch! I thought this product might be too good to be true but that is not the case! High quality, easy to take on and off so you will truly get the benefit of it not being there which for me is about 95% of the time. I had mine installed by local repair shop. Again, this product is the real deal! Home run!"

Thank you, Chap A.!!

XC60 Review from Eric T.

"Fantastic Product!

Great communication! The Stealth Hitch is better than expected."

The first photo shows a loaded bike rack connected to our rack connector. The next two photos show a close-up view of the connection point.

Thank you for the photos and review, Eric T.!

XC90 Review from Mark V.

"Volvo XC90 - Fantastic!

Did the install myself, super clear instructions - less than 2 hours from start to finish. Super impressed with the result, 5x better than the OEM solution!"

This is a mid-install photo. It shows the hitch installed behind the crash bumper before the fascia has been reinstalled.

Great photo. Thank you for your support, Mark V.!!

XC90 Review from William S.

"Beautiful Workmanship

I bought a Stealth Hitch for my 2018 Volvo XC90 last week. I don't need to tow, just carry a receiver type bike rack and so chose that option. Though it was anxiety provoking to think about disassembling my brand new, expensive car, I decided to do the install myself. Two hours later, I was done and it looks great. Excellent instructions and an easy job for someone with low to medium mechanical skills. The hitch itself is a beautiful piece of engineering and workmanship. Nearly a piece of art. I highly recommend this hitch."

Thank you so much, William S.!

Anonymous Review for XC90

"Stealth hitch

The hitch itself lived up to the name. When not in use, it is totally hidden and no one would recognize any signs that there is a tow hitch attachment available. The design is solid and very discreet. Looking forward to many adventures with the stealth hitch. Thank you "

The first two photos show our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch. The last photo shows the rack connector detached below the vehicle.

"Stealth tow hitch installation for 2017 Volvo XC90

First, I am very impressed and pleased with the quality of all the hardware, especially the hitch bar, the latching mechanism (that's some chunk of stainless steel) and the ball mount. My only wish is that the hardware to attach the 7/4 way connector mount were stainless.

This hitch installation was so easy, it was enjoyable. I have a couple minor suggestions for the published instructions, but they were simple to follow.

I actually already had the Volvo wiring and computer module, so Mr. Nance readily accommodated my request to purchase only the items I needed and not the whole kit advertised on the web site. I took the car to my Volvo dealer after I installed the hitch and had the software needed installed. I even told them they needed to look into the Stealth hitch as an alternative option for customers who prefer the hitch not to be seen when not in use. The original Volvo hitch is great, but requires more fascia cutting and you have to buy a cover to conceal it when not in use. The Volvo hitch also has lower clearance than the Stealth hitch when not in use.

My only suggestions for the installation manual are:
      - add a note and/or photo about removing the bumper fascia to clarify how to detach the fascia at the wheel well. I was trying to pry off a plastic piece that should stay on the car. Once you know specifically where to pry the parts apart, it's very simple. I included a photo of the piece that I mistakenly thought should come off with the fascia.
      - add an option to use utility scissors (like the Fiskars I used) to cut the two short sides of the recommended fascia trimming and to score the long side with a utility knife and fold the cut piece up and out of the way (or cut it completely off if you prefer). That's how I did it and, in my opinion, it was easier than using a Dremel.
      - add a note about considering the routing of the wiring from the external grommet to the under bumper 7/4 way connector before attaching the hitch and the wiring. The connector doesn't fit between the hitch bar and the body of the car after installation if you want to route the wiring from above the hitch bar as I did. I didn't consider that and had to disconnect the wiring for the interior connectors, pull out the grommet and route that end up through the space between the hitch bar and the car. Not a big deal, but it would have been handy to have though about that before.

I also have some photos of the installation, wiring routing and completed installation. You really can't see the hitch when not in use.

I'm a very happy customer."

The photos provide some insight into the self-installation process. The second and third photos also show our stainless-steel latch block.

We appreciate the constructive feedback as it allows us to continually improve our instruction manuals for future customers. Thank you, Allen M., for the review and photos!!

First Review for the V90! Anonymous

"Great Experience!

Excellent workmanship and quality. Truly an elegant solution."

Anonymous Review for XC90

"This hitch is solid, easy to use and maintains the aesthetics of the vehicle.

Great, product arrive promptly and preferred installer did a great job."

This photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached.

XC90 Review from Cary R.

"Stealth Hitch on 2018 Volvo XC90

Experience could have not been better. Quality product and top notch company. I had it installed at a recommended dealer. Overall experience 5 star all the way."

This photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached.

Thank you, Cary R.!!

V90 Review from Geoff D.

"Solid Hitch and Completely Invisible

I was impressed how sturdy and how solid the connection for the 2” receiver. I primarily use the hitch only for mounting a bike rack so I have no experience what it would like when towing a vehicle. I am really pleased and it was tough to find an alternative for my vehicle then the dealer option."

Thank you, Geoff D.!

Anonymous XC90 Review

"Stealth as it means

I was reluctant initiation as anyone else, reading reviews and consulting the dealership for factory options. Finally ordered it and had it installed myself. Follow the instructions and it is pretty easy for any DIYer. I had installed and hitch for my BMW is the past so I was aware what it takes. So the installation was easy. Took 2 hrs to 2.5 hrs from start to end. I am very happy with the outcome. I like it how it’s not seen at all when not in use. Also the process of attaching the rack or tow hitch is pretty easy. I had first try with a bike rack and it didn’t see any pit falls or glitches. I haven’t had a chance for towing but don’t see any problem their either. Built and quality is very promising. Had the module programmed at the dealership. Time to haul the camper for the season."

These photos show the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached.

XC60 Review from Larry S.

"Stealth Hitch

Great product - local Volvo dealer did installation"

The photo shows Larry S.’s loaded bike rack connected to our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Thank you for the photo and review, Larry S.!

Anonymous V90 Review with Photos!!

"Brilliant!

This is a great alternative to the dealer offered hitch, which comes with a significant shortcoming for the US market—ball mount only/no hitch receiver. I purchased the combo and self installed (dealer will need to program electronics). High quality product, comes with key/lock, some parts are actually Volvo branded, good instructions, top notch customer support, installation straight forward (assuming basic mechanical know-how). Product description accurate on the website."

We are excited to have V90 review with photos for you all!

Anonymous V90 Review

"Great Product but Dinged for Customer Service

Hitch was sent with instructions for a different car so I didn't have any confidence that I had the correct hitch. I got a delayed response and missed my appointment to get it installed so I couldn't take my bike on my trip. After I got back and had it installed it worked like a charm. I got the 2" receiver for my bike rack on a 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country. I was also a little disappointed that I didn't get 10% for the 4th of July sale. Had I ordered it an hour later that morning I would have got the deal. Needless to say I was a little annoyed especially when I didn't know if I had the correct hitch or not upon delivery."

We apologized for the delayed response, but we are pleased this customer is happy with the end result! We are constantly improving our instructions for different trim packages for each vehicle.

The photo shows a bike rack connected to our rack connector.

Anonymous Review for V90 Stealth Hitch

"Stealth Hitch

I live on the west coast and read about Stealth Hutch from Swedespeed. Just bought a new Volvo V90CC. I had the hitch professionally installed. The car repair shop, that attached it, stated how easy it was to install. The price of the stealth hitch was half the price of the Volvo hitch."

XC90 Review from Hansen P.

"Great product!

I decided not to go with the factory installed trailer hitch and I am so happy I did. Stealth Hitch makes a great product and the install instructions were super clear. Taking the hitch on and off takes about 2 minutes so I leave it off unless I need to use it. If you care how your car looks, and need a hitch, this is really the only option."

Thank you, Hansen P.!!

The first photo below shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The second photo shows a loaded bike rack connected to our rack connector inserted into the hitch.

XC90 Review from Michael C.

"Slick

I just had the hitch installed today on a 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum. The installation was done by my independent mechanic. I like how the car retains its clean lines when the receiver is removed. Plus no ugly bumper cut-out like the dealer hitch."

Thank you, Michael C.!!

The photo below shows our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

"Well designed and install is pretty straightfoward

The install for my XC90 went quite well and I love how it is designed to attach to the car while also leaving no visible trace when the hitch receiver is not attached."

Thank you!

The photo below shows our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

XC90 Review from Steven S.

"Fantastic Product

Everything about the transaction was great. Shipped in a timely fashion. I had my 13 yr old son do the entire installation( with adult supervision of course ), and it could not have gone smoother. I wanted to use it as a teaching moment and he did great. Looks amazing and is ridiculously easy to use."

We love that our product could be used for a teaching moment. So cool. Thank you for the review, Steven S.!

The first photo below shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The second photo shows our rack connector inserted into the hitch.

V90 Review from James C.

"Volvo V90 Hitch

I am very pleased with the new Stealth Hitch. It arrived on time, the installation was painless and the workmanship is flawless. I just did a 400-mile trip carrying four bikes on a heavy platform rack, and it worked like a charm. The best part, of course, is that the hitch is invisible once I remove the receiver. I would definitely buy a Stealth Hitch again."

Thank you, James C.!!

The photo below shows a loaded bike rack connected to our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.
      Last edited by StealthHitches; 08-07-2018 at 02:34 PM.

XC60 Review from HBlume

"2018 VOLVO XC60 - 4400LB TOWING

The hitch works great, the install was efficient and did not change the cosmetics of the vehicle, and the customer service was top notch. My wife and I made a day trip of heading to Atlanta to have everything installed and do not regret the purchase one bit. We purchased for the purpose of towing things around town and we were thrilled to learn that with the Stealth Hitch the towing capability improved: Volvo advertises a towing capacity in the US of 3300lbs and in Europe it is 4400lb. The difference is in how tow hitches are designed and installed on the vehicle. So with Stealth Hitch we can no tow up to 4400lbs just like those in Europe can."

Thank you for the informative and positive review, HBlume!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast