Stealth Hitches Volvo Customer Reviews!! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Anonymous V90 Review

"Clean install

I had questions before placing my order and my contact with Stealth was quick and professional.
      My order was shipped promptly. I had the hitch installed on my new Volvo V90 and it looks great. Pulled out there is no sign of a hitch or receiver. I really like the clean look. In place with just the receiver it is nice looking; not obtrusive."

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anonymous Review for V90 Stealth Hitch

"Volvo V90 CC Polestar

Perfect match for the V90. Volvo does not make a straight receiver that will accommodate a Kuat or other bike tray so this has been great. With the hitch removed you cannot tell it’s even there. Best of both worlds."

The photo below shows a bike rack connected to our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.
      Attached Images Attached Images

V90 Review from Jesse W.

"What a great hitch

Steve and his team made sure that everything about the new hitch combo for my 2018 Volvo V90 was perfect. From the ordering experience and prompt delivery to Canada to a great set of instructions that allowed for a smooth self installation, everything went off without a hitch, Steve even made himself available by phone to answer a few questions and offer suggestions regarding the install before I got started. With that said the great design looks awesome once installed, preserves a clean appearance for my car and works flawlessly. Considering all of these factors, I can honestly say this has been one of the best purchases I’ve made in some time now. Order yourself a Stealth Hitch, you will love it!

Jesse W"

Thank you for the awesome review Jesse W.! The photo below shows our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

XC90 Review from Todd S.

"Absolute BEST hitch solution for Volvo XC90

The stealth hitch system is the result of excellent design and engineering. It’s the perfect solution for my Volvo XC90. You get all the functionality of a superb hitch without it being seen (when not in use). The materials and build quality are great. The installation instructions were detailed enough for me to install it myself without any issues. I highly recommend this product."

Thank you, Todd S.!! The first two photos show provide some insight into the installation process. The first one is before the Stealth Hitch beam is installed, the second is post-installation of the Stealth Hitch beam. The third photo shows the finished product with our detachable rack connector inserted into the hitch.

XC90 Review from John M.

"Stealth Hitch Install on Volvo XC90 2017

I purchased the Stealth hitch for my Volvo XC90 specifically because I did not want to cut an **** hole into my rear bumper to fit the OEM hitch.
      The quality of the Stealth hitch is top notch, very solid and installation instructions provided all you needed to complete the install yourself.
      The only part I needed the dealer for was to program the Volvo hitch module, which is part of the active wiring kit. It took less than 1 hour to complete the programming.
      Overall, this was a great purchase. I really like being able to remove the hitch when not in use.
      I would highly recommend this hitch for anyone with a Volvo XC90. It is the only real option out there."

Thank you, John M.!! The photos below show our the Stealth Hitch installed and the detachable rack connector inserted while the bumper still removed.

XC60 Review from Mark S.

"Best hitch available!

Stealth Hitch is exact what I was looking for. The only option Volvo offered required cutting my bumper. The Stealth Hitch is a perfect fit without cutting.

Installation was a breeze and took less than an hour. Great service. I'd definitely recommend purchasing this hitch if your looking."

Thank you, Mark S.!! The photos below show a bike rack connected to our detachable rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

XC60 Review from Juan M.

"Stealth Hitch 2018 Volvo XC60 R-Design

I am very happy with this purchase. This hitch was exactly what I was looking for. Very solidly built yet it does not affect the vehicle look. Enclosed instructions are just what you need to install. Took me three hours to do the complete installation, but I have to say that I am a very thorough person. Very happy overall."

Thank you for a great review and photos, Juan M.!! The first two photos below show our detachable rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch. The last photo shows a below-the-vehicle view of our stainless-steel latch block.

Anonymous XC90 Review

"Beautifully Hidden

I love this hitch! Beautiful design and outstanding customer service! After trying another so called hidden hitch only to find the product was a poor fit, I called Steve to see how quickly he could send the hitch to the Philly area. He promised it would be on the truck Monday night and arrive before Thursday using standard shipping. By Wednesday afternoon I had the hitch and I was at the dealer for install. The install ran about an hour with no issues. I used the hitch for my bikerack on a recent trip to Maine. The hitch worked great and it is very secure and easy to attach."

We love hearing about the adventures our customers take with our hitch! The photos below show our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch. The cover on the rack connector is not a Stealth Hitches accessory. We do not offer covers as our rack connectors are detachable.

XC90 Review from Danilo O.

"Great looking hitch (invisible)

I was looking for a hitch that would not destroy my brand new Volvo bumper.

Found StealthHitch! Purchase, shipment and installation in less than a week. Great product, great service!"

Thank you Danilo O.!

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The next two photos show our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

XC90 Review John K.

"There is no other choice but Stealth for me

Great hitch. Fantastic construction. Just the milled stainless steel attachment piece alone makes you want to drool. Best of all it disappears and no holes in the rear fascia. No thanks Curt or draw Tite or Volvo OEM. Forget them all and buy the stealth. Hoth here...easy to install and disappears when you’re not using it."

Thank you, John K.!

This picture shows our Stealth Hitch beam below the vehicle prior to installation.

XC60 Review from Susan C.

LOVE THE STEALTH!!! (Hitch that is!)

"All is great- it is a really great product and seems to be bullet-proof!"

Thank you Susan C.!

The first photo shows the rack receiver attached to the Stealth Hitch.
      The second photo shows a close up corner view of the rack receiver attached to the Stealth Hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthHitches View Post
      "Stealth tow hitch installation for 2017 Volvo XC90

First, I am very impressed and pleased with the quality of all the hardware, especially the hitch bar, the latching mechanism (that's some chunk of stainless steel) and the ball mount. My only wish is that the hardware to attach the 7/4 way connector mount were stainless.

This hitch installation was so easy, it was enjoyable. I have a couple minor suggestions for the published instructions, but they were simple to follow.

I actually already had the Volvo wiring and computer module, so Mr. Nance readily accommodated my request to purchase only the items I needed and not the whole kit advertised on the web site. I took the car to my Volvo dealer after I installed the hitch and had the software needed installed. I even told them they needed to look into the Stealth hitch as an alternative option for customers who prefer the hitch not to be seen when not in use. The original Volvo hitch is great, but requires more fascia cutting and you have to buy a cover to conceal it when not in use. The Volvo hitch also has lower clearance than the Stealth hitch when not in use.

My only suggestions for the installation manual are:
      - add a note and/or photo about removing the bumper fascia to clarify how to detach the fascia at the wheel well. I was trying to pry off a plastic piece that should stay on the car. Once you know specifically where to pry the parts apart, it's very simple. I included a photo of the piece that I mistakenly thought should come off with the fascia.
      - add an option to use utility scissors (like the Fiskars I used) to cut the two short sides of the recommended fascia trimming and to score the long side with a utility knife and fold the cut piece up and out of the way (or cut it completely off if you prefer). That's how I did it and, in my opinion, it was easier than using a Dremel.
      - add a note about considering the routing of the wiring from the external grommet to the under bumper 7/4 way connector before attaching the hitch and the wiring. The connector doesn't fit between the hitch bar and the body of the car after installation if you want to route the wiring from above the hitch bar as I did. I didn't consider that and had to disconnect the wiring for the interior connectors, pull out the grommet and route that end up through the space between the hitch bar and the car. Not a big deal, but it would have been handy to have though about that before.

I also have some photos of the installation, wiring routing and completed installation. You really can't see the hitch when not in use.

I'm a very happy customer."

The photos provide some insight into the self-installation process. The second and third photos also show our stainless-steel latch block.

We appreciate the constructive feedback as it allows us to continually improve our instruction manuals for future customers. Thank you, Allen M., for the review and photos!!

Hi,

I am looking at the cutout you did. I ordered the stealth hitch to install on a 2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, and I notice from your picture, that your cutout seems longer than needed. Is this required? Hard to judge from the picture provided. How much of the fascia was needed to be trimmed/dremmeled?

L
      Last edited by luckydog2006; 09-15-2018 at 11:44 AM.

XC90 Review from Ross V.

Great Stuff

"Shipping was fairly quick, received everything in well packaged box. I did not receive tracking info until I reached out and the company made it right. The hitch is very thoughtfully designed, and the instructions were clear and specific to my vehicle. I would not hesitate to recommend!"

Thank you Ross V.!

V90 Review from Cheaa Y.

Stealth Hitch review with my V90

"Brought it down to my workship to install. Took just under an hour as he's a meticulous kinda guy. What can I say? Everything is manufactured and powercoated nicely. More importantly, fits smoothly without any tweaking needed. It does its job well, out of sight when not needed (no visible bumper cutouts nor nasty plastic covers, yeh!) Would highly recommend it. Cheers!"

Thank you Cheaa Y. for your positive review!

This photo of Cheaa Y.'s V90 is a corner view of the Stealth Hitch installed with a rack receiver attached with a bike rack.

XC 90 Review from Gary F.

Excellent quality

Speedy ordering process and lots of follow-ups. Highly recommended.

Thank You Gary F.!

V60 hitch

Do we know if there is any plan for a V60 hitch? I'm looking at getting a 2019 and will certainly be needing a hitch. I think it will be the cross country version.

XC40 Review from Anthony K.

Volvo XC40 Stealth Hitch

Very high quality. Installation took about 4 hours. The trickiest part is reinstalling the back fascia so be careful that you get the clips on correctly. Some of the T25 screws that need to be unscrewed/screwed are a tight squeeze due to the tires but with a little patience it is not too hard for anyone with the right tools and little experience.

Thank you Anthony K.!

The first photo shows Anthony K.'s XC40 with the Stealth Hitch installed without accessories and the second photo shows the xC40 with the Stealth Hitch installed and rack receiver attached.

XC90 Anonymous Review

Great hitch

Excellent hitch, hides away beautifully. Easy to install versus other hitches that local custom shop wouldn't touch. Very happy.

These photos show a close-up rear view of the Stealth Hitch installed and also a close-up underneath view of the Stealth Stainless Steel Block.

V90 Review from Roger R.

2018 Volvo V90 R Design

I cannot comment on the hitch in action yet — it was only installed today — but can on the purchasing and installation experience. Steve is excellent to deal with — very accessible and willing to address all concerns. I had my local dealer install the hitch. The technician found it a pretty easy process except for the cutting of the fascia. The fascia had to be cut out larger than outlined in the instructions and that took a bit of experimentation. As well, my car has a sensor for foot operation of the tailgate. The lock for the hitch comes very close to this sensor, making it somewhat awkward to use the key to perform this function. The service department had not seen a Stealth hitch before and were very impressed with the build quality. They were also very impressed that the hitch package came complete with the Volvo sensor. As can be seen in the attached picture there is no visible sign of the hitch when not in use. The only parts to deal with are the ball mount, rack receiver and 7 to 4 pin adapter.

Thank you Roger R.! Some models do require a larger cutout, but always discretely under the vehicle. We wish you safe and happy travels with your new hitch!

Photo one shows the close up of Roger R.'s V90 with the Stealth Hitch installed without accessories attached. The second photo shows a close up of the ball mount, rack receiver and 7 to 4 pin adapter.

XC90 Anonymous Review

Fantastic hitch for 2019 Volvo XC90 !!!

My ordering from their Stealth Hitch website was easy and straightforward. All my questions were answered by Steve, and he also sent me links to obtain the installation instructions (PDF file) so I could review it to better understand the work involved with rack and tow.

Shipping up north to Canada came with custom duties as expected. Delivery was good and reached with no issues. Hitch is very solid and well-made. Hitch arrived before the SUV. :-)

I'm surprised that Volvo does not include this type of hitch as an option.
      Very pleased with the overall quality and design. Wife was happy with the purchase and design, and if she's happy, that's what really counts.

The three pictures show the Stealth Hitch installed with the rack receiver just after installation prior to bumper replaced. The other two photos show a close up underneath view of the Stealth Hitch Stainless Steel Block.

XC90 Review from Robert H.

Wife Approved Hitch

I needed a way to transport mountain bikes so my son and I could ride our local trails. My very supportive wife offered her XC90 up for our weekend get-aways (perfect SUV for the job). The only "hitch" was she didn't want to see an ugly hitch hanging from her nice bumper the rest of the time. This was the WIN-WIN. It arrived promptly and my 9 year old son was able to easily help remove the rear bumper and supported with the installation and tightening of bolts and screws. Took about 2 hours and was a great opportunity for us to bond and make it happen together. Thanks for the great service, prompt response. Best equipment buying experience I've ever had!

Thank you Robert H.! We wish you many happy biking experiences with your son!

This picture shows a rear view of the Stealth Hitch installed with Rack Receiver attached. Robert H.'s XC90 is ready for a bike rack!

XC90 Review from Tyler A.

AMAZING PRODUCT

This was by far the best aftermarket purchase I’ve ever made. It integrates seamlessly into my XC90. My aftermarket bike rack fits perfectly into it. Can’t wait to try towing something. AND NO BUMPER CUTOUT!

Thank you Tyler A.!

Tyler A. has shared three photos of his XC90. The first photo shows an underneath view of the Rack Receiver inserted vertically into the Stealth Hitch Stainless Steal Latch Block. The second photo shows a rear view of the Stealth Hitch installed with the Rack Receiver attached. The third photo is a rear veiw of Tyler A.'s XC90 with the Stealth Hitch installed with no attachments.

XC60 Review from Jim F.

Perfect product

I needed a hitch for my 2018 XC 60. Volvo’s hitch requires that the bumper be cut. I’d seen a couple installs and they were incredibly ugly. The dealer even recommended against the Volvo hitch for that reason; they simply had never been able to make the cutout look right because Volvo doesn’t provide a lip/insert to make the cut look clean. I was grateful to find the Stealth option. Stealth’s product is incredibly well made — it’s simply a beautiful piece of machinery. Installation was incredibly easy and took me and a friend 2.5 hours (hitch and electrical). When neither the ball nor bike rack mount are connected, there’s no visible evidence of a hitch. I’d highly recommend this hitch.

Thank you Jim F. for your positive review!

XC90 Anonymous Review

2016 Volvo XC90 install

Great! Install was very straightforward and with well-written instructions and high quality parts.

I’ve told my Volvo salesman they should offer this instead of the OEM alternative

The first photo is a rear view of the Stealth Hitch installed with the Ball Mount attached. The second photo is a rear view of the XC90 displaying the shipping box for Stealth Hitches.

V90 Review from Philippe P.

Better than the manufacturer!

Overall the experience was very good: from buying to shipping the hitch directly to the installer to the installation itself. All done within a few days. And you can't even tell the car has a hitch installed...
      But when the hitch is in place and a trailer attached, it's like any other hitch.
      I say it's better than the manufacturer as for my car (Volvo V90) they also do an hidden hitch but you cannot attached a bike rack (as essential for me as a trailer hitch)... only a trailer.

Thank you Philippe P.! Wishes for smooth towing with your Stealth Hitch!

The first picture shows an underneath view of the Stealth Hitch installed with ball mount attached. The second photo shows a low corner view of the Stealth Hitch installed with ball mount attached.

XC60 Anonymous Review

Love it!

This is a well designed and well made product. My hitch works great and you can even tell it is there. I’m very happy with my purchase.

The first picture shows a rear view of the XC60 with a Rack Receiver attached to the installed Stealth Hitch and a bike rack inserted into the Rack Receiver. The second picture shows a side view of the Rack Receiver with a bike rack attached.

XC90 Review from Michael Z.

Fantastic Hitch

Overall very happy with the hitch! Just pulled a boat 1,000 miles from Iowa to Alabama and everything worked perfectly. Unhooked the boat and disconnected the tow bar. You would never know a hitch is installed....very happy wife!

Two small issues. First, the two bolts used to attach the hitch and bumper to the frame were a bit short. The only way I could get the threads to barely catch was by bending the lock washer. I ended up buying two bolts which were 5 millimeters longer. Went in perfectly, but had a hard time finding the right grade metric bolt late on a Saturday. Second, the rubber plug apparently fell out during my trip to Iowa. Maybe it needs to be attached to the rubber lock cover to prevent loss. Any chance I could get a replacement plug?

The technician at the Volvo dealership who upgraded the software initially couldn't find the hitch. He was impressed after I pointed it out to him. Love the hitch and highly recommend it!

Thank you Michael for your great review! We will look into the issue you had with the installation and will be very happy to send you a replacement plug!

The two pictures Michael has shared are a rear view of his XC90 with the Stealth Hitch installed and no attachments. The second photo shows a side view of the Stealth Hitch installed with a ball mount attachement.

V90 Review from CJ G.

Great fit for my Volvo V90

I recently ordered a Volvo V90 and set about finding a hitch option. I found Stealth Hitches with a Google search, sent an email, got a quickly reply and found the product I needed. I spoke to my local acceessory shop here in Colorado, they needed some solutions for Volvo’s, they called you all, became a dealer, and my hitch was their first install. When I picked up my car the installer took the time to tell me how easy it went and the instructions were great. The product looks great, it has worked great so far with my 1 Up bike rack, and best of all it has no effect on my rear back up camera, or the under the trunk auto release feature on Volvo wagons. Thanks for a unigue product, a happy customer and a happy retailer.

Thank you CJ for your great review! Very glad to hear your installation went smoothly!

Below is a photo of CJ's V90 with the Stealth Hitch installed and rack receiver attached.

XC90 Review from Douglas H.

Volvo XC90 - New Stealthy Hitch in Orlando - New Installer

Hello Steve, what a great hitch!

I took a long time to research for my new SUV. I own a 2018 Volvo XC90 with additional features through the R-Design package. The rear bumper, taillights and trim are a step up from the base package and the last thing I wanted was to see a hitch sticking out from the bumper. So enter Stealth Hitches.

The problem I had in Orlando was that the two approved installers don't have Saturday hours. So I bought the appropriate hitch on my own and took a leap on a new vendor. I used Audio Excellence in West Orlando to install my new hitch. Vendors that focus on stereos and other vehicle add-on's are typically meticulous so I wasn't worried.
      In fact they did a great job in the same or less amount of time quoted from the other authorized installers.

I am very happy to maintain the sleek look of my XC90 through the week and turn into the weekend cycling warrior on the weekend, now with my often dirty bike on the outside of my vehicle.

Ironically the owner of Audio Excellence liked the hitch so much that he now wants one for his SUV!

I'm a very happy customer.

D. Henley II
      T

Thank you Douglas for your great review! We are happy to hear you are pleased with your hitch and the install went well!

These pictures show a rear view of Douglas' XC90 with the Stealth Hitch installed with no attachments; a rear view with a rack receiver inserted into the Stealth Hitch and a close-up side view of the rack receiver inserted into the Stealth Hitch

V90 Review from Glenn B.

V90 Stealth Hitch

The experience with Steve and Stealth Hitch was very good. the product is exactly what i was looking for. The Ability to remove the hitch when not is use is great. This is a high quality product.

Thank you Glenn B. for your review! We wish you fun biking adventures!

V90 Review from James M.

Awesome

What a great product. Perfect for what I needed AND when neither
      Are being used it is disappeared!
      Highly recommended.

Thank you James for your enthusiastic review! Enjoy your new Stealth Hitch!

XC60 Review from John H.

Amazing Hitch

I did the install myself, with the help of a neighbor to make sure I didn't drop my bumper cover on the ground.... but that was really all the help I needed. I was terrified I would mess up my new-to-me Volvo.... The receiver fits nicely in my rear storage compartment. Just pop it in when it is time to haul my bikes. what a great hitch.

Thank you John for your review! Enjoy your new hitch and happy biking!

Just ordered my Stealth Hitch for a 2019 XC40, Volvo's newest SUV. Took advantage of a 10% coupon that pays for the shipping costs of UPS Ground. Street Road Accessories in Bucks County PA is an authorized installer (but not seller) of these hitches and they'll do the work estimating 2-3 hours of labor. I'm curious what others have paid for their installations. Just the Rack. I don't need the towing package. Thank you.

David S.
      2019 XC40 R-Design

Can you share what the dealer charged?

Review from Team Burnsville Hitch

starstarstarstarstar

-Team Burnsville Hitch

We are BIG FANS of all the stealth products. Superior quality and fantastic installer relations.

Thanks Team Burnsville Hitch for your support and review!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast