Waiting is the hardest part...
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Waiting is the hardest part...

After a wonderful 3 weeks (& 4000 miles) driving around Europe, it was close to heartbreaking to hand over the keys to the FDC. Just knowing I would see my Volvo again this Summer eased my pain. 😉 But now my XC90 has been discharged off the vessel since 7-12 and hasnít moved! My anxiety peaks every time I hit refresh for an update from the port....😬

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I''m not totally convinced that information passes in a timely manner. Our car showed discharged into port but we never saw any updates until a week after our car was home. Then there were four or five entries with the same date showing action after being offloaded from ship. So perhaps your car is almost to the dealership? Wouldn't that be nice!
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Iím not even gonna bother with that shiz. When Greta gets here she gets here. Seems like weeks ago that we said goodbye but it was only Tuesday! 😢

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Could be worse. Could have gone to sweden without your car being built/ready and then the replacement car missed its deadline and your car won't even get on a ship until 2 months after it was supposed to (and you didn't even get to drive it in sweden). I'm not bitter at all. ;-)
      2019 XC40 R-Design, USA

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      I''m not totally convinced that information passes in a timely manner. Our car showed discharged into port but we never saw any updates until a week after our car was home. Then there were four or five entries with the same date showing action after being offloaded from ship. So perhaps your car is almost to the dealership? Wouldn't that be nice!
      Yes, that would be a fun surprise! The last time we did OSD, it was very accurate and I knew my XC60 was at the dealership before they did! Maybe this time will be as you described!🤞🏻

Quote Originally Posted by linkerbox View Post
      Could be worse. car won't even get on a ship until 2 months after it was supposed to I'm not bitter at all. ;-)

Apparently a bunch of us summer OSD deliveries are in the same boat. Or more accurately, not in it.

"Oops! We didn't get your car on the ship, like we promised when you dropped off. But it will be on the next ship. Oops! We didn't get your car on the next ship, like we promised, either. And now the shipping company is on vacation."

I'm still waiting for a response to my inquiries.

Anybody else heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Orphanscribe View Post
      Apparently a bunch of us summer OSD deliveries are in the same boat. Or more accurately, not in it.

"Oops! We didn't get your car on the ship, like we promised when you dropped off. But it will be on the next ship. Oops! We didn't get your car on the next ship, like we promised, either. And now the shipping company is on vacation."

We dropped off at FDC on 7/17 and havenít heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphanscribe View Post

Yes, with a very similar background. Dropped off @ FDC 1st week of July and FDC told me it should be on the "leaving Sweden in mid-July" boat by the 2nd week/weekend of July (7/14-15), and the confirmation email should be sent soon thereafter with an estimated US port arrival date. Didn't receive any confirmation email so followed up with FDC 3rd week of July and FDC said they don't have permission to track car but Volvo (USA) Customer Care (ie Barbara) does. Barbara gets back to me this (4th) week of July confirming car not on ship and shipping company takes a summer vacation (did not provide dates when asked verbally) and no further info available from the "Swedish factory" (presumably the shipping department and not the FDC which is open during shutdown). However Barbara did mention the shipping company will be picking up cars from Gothenburg in early August and that in September local (USA) dealers should be able to better track shipments. Not sure if that includes USA "black hole" port status . . . Those are the facts given to me. I will check back with Volvo early August to assess status . . .
      Here's hoping for a fast ship to make up for the lost 4 weeks . . .
      Last edited by likeXC90; 07-27-2018 at 10:03 PM.
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      ďScientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.Ē - Theodore von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by linkerbox View Post
      Could be worse. Could have gone to sweden without your car being built/ready and then the replacement car missed its deadline and your car won't even get on a ship until 2 months after it was supposed to (and you didn't even get to drive it in sweden). I'm not bitter at all. ;-)
      Given that you've already paid or are paying for a car that you've never seen or touched as part of the OSD experience, please tell me that Volvo is compensating or taking care of you? What was the reason given for all the misses may I ask?
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      ďScientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.Ē - Theodore von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by likeXC90 View Post
      Given that you've already paid or are paying for a car that you've never seen or touched as part of the OSD experience, please tell me that Volvo is compensating or taking care of you? What was the reason given for all the misses may I ask?
      Au contraire. So far, Volvo seems to be ignoring the situation.

Volvo is pretty clear that OSD cars are received in ďaboutĒ x many weeks. I believe the vagueness is built in because many other people touch the cars along the way which can delay delivery. Not sure how Volvo owes any of us anything for later delivery. I know itís hard to wait, weíve been there too, but it is just part of the process. Iím guessing too that Volvo is shipping more cars over as well to meet the new greater demand which adds to the delays.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Instead of complaining about Volvo you should be complaining about our corrupt longshoremen and inept customs stooges.

We placed an order at the end of June and then found soon after they were going to shift production. Finally got a reply about making it an OSD so we can drive it home. Doing that would extend the delivery to late December or early January. So in effect we are keeping the original build in China for a Christmas delivery.

We were told there is no one to shift production at the factory in Sweden for another month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Quote Originally Posted by Gammelgubbe View Post
      Instead of complaining about Volvo you should be complaining about our corrupt longshoremen and inept customs stooges.
      +1...
      2020 XC60 | T8 | OSD
      2018 V90CC | OSD
      2013 XC60 | R Design
      2012 C70 | Platinum P* Volvo Front & Elevate Rear Bars

Past: 2016 XC90 T8 | 2012 XC70, OSD | 2012 S60 | 2009 XC70 | 2008 C70, OSD| 2006 S60R | 2003 XC70, OSD | 2000 S40

Quote Originally Posted by Gammelgubbe View Post
      +1 !!!!!!Ö..

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      Volvo is pretty clear that OSD cars are received in ďaboutĒ x many weeks. I believe the vagueness is built in because many other people touch the cars along the way which can delay delivery.
      Understood that Volvo's home shipment brochure is "vague," because third parties may make errors along the way. In these recent instances, the delays had nothing to do with third parties, but with what Volvo itself describes as its own internal errors. The repeated representations made by Volvo that the cars would be on vessels were not "vague," they were unequivocal.

And we aren't talking about a week or two slippage. We are talking months delay, so far, with no end in sight.

We're not boo-hooing about not seeing our beloved Volvos again. If our dealers don't get the cars, our lenders don't timely get a title bearing a perfected lien. That causes us real financial (and possibly credit) damage.

Longshoremen and customs haven't even had THEIR shot at further slowing down the process, yet.

I fail to see how the Volvo organization shipping more cars, for which it has at most taken a nominal refundable deposit, or that are being added to dealer inventories, excuses delaying shipment of cars for which actual customers paid in full months ago.

We had pretty fast delivery to Port Hueneme, spot on six weeks. Our V90 offloaded at 1513hrs on 7/10 to enter the ďblack hole of information. Per the chart posted above, the 15 working days to process and deliver to the dealer was last Friday.

Maybe it will show up this week. Hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
      We had pretty fast delivery to Port Hueneme, spot on six weeks. Our V90 offloaded at 1513hrs on 7/10 to enter the ďblack hole of information. Per the chart posted above, the 15 working days to process and deliver to the dealer was last Friday.

Fingers crossed for you.........
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

We set up our expectations on a three month wait after we drop off the vehicle at FDC. I'm currently in the process of selling my wife's car so that by the time the XC40 gets here we will have room in the garage. We have a couple extra vehicles so even if my wife's old car sells, we will be ok until the new one arrives. We knew the timing would not be exact and luckily we are very flexible. We don't have any financial or credit concerns to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
      Fingers crossed for you.........
      Thank you kind sir!

Quote Originally Posted by GTIGuy View Post
      We dropped off at FDC on 7/17 and havenít heard anything.
      Called Barbara at OSD today and our car didn't make the pre-vacation boat. Next boat out of Sweden will be August 9th. Fingers crossed it will be on that boat.

Sorry but this sounds like an awful program. Seriously.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

You think that wait is bad!

Hahah it is for sure butttttt

I have to wait nearly a year for the exclusive A4 Allroad to be delivered!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
      2017 A4 Allroad P+ W/ Cold weather, warm weather, Florret silver on Charcoal. Loaded (AOA BUYBACK- óó> 2018 Prestige Florret silver full body paint, Warm weather, cold weather, DAP, ROW parts

2018 XC90 Momentum + Convenience, Air suspension, 21 Inch rims, Bright Silver with Charcoal Leather LOADED VCNA buyback ( From 2016 XC90 Osmium Grey)----

(2018 XC90 totaled by a driver who rear ended usóó-> into 2018 Q7 Florret silver Prestige, DAP, Adaptive chassis , cold weather, tow

2017 F150 XLT- 3.5/10 Speed- BLIS, Sport appearance Lightning blue

1946 CJ2A Restore

Found out today that our V90 finally cleared customs yesterday, next has to go through Volvo processing, before shipment to Seattle. Three weeks from offloading to customs clearance, WHEW!

Methinks theyíre going to miss the ETA delivery date of tomorrow.

My V90 arrived at Port Hueneme on July 15, after being shipped out of Gothenburg on June 12. and I'm still trying to get any details on it. Hopefully soon! The August 5 delivery date the FDC told me for delivery is looking unlikely at this point. (The pic is from central Norway in May....an amazing trip!)

'18 V90 T6 R-Design, P* tune, 20s, Euro spec tail lights, full leather seating, B&W, air suspension, HUD
      Past: '16 V60 Polestar, Rebel Blue

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      Not at all. I have other vehicles in my garage, my lack of patience is because Iím excited...not angry at all.

The OSD program has allowed my family to travel to 11 countries. We drove over Sweden down to Switzerland, through Italy, and through the backroads of Bavaria. My boys played catch in the Alps, hiked in the Dolomites, and had a long evening chat with an old farmer in Switzerland. We were able to make memories by going anywhere we wanted in our own car. Our stay was never dictated by train schedules or airport security. I feel it was an amazing experience! In fact, this was our second OSD. Iím so thankful for this program Volvo offers. I get the Volvo exactly how I want it and a vacation too!

Found out today that our V90 finally cleared customs yesterday, next has to go through Volvo processing, before shipment to Seattle. Three weeks from offloading to customs clearance, WHEW!

Methinks theyíre going to miss the ETA delivery date of tomorrow.
      Iím a couple of days behind you, I think. How did you get the updated info?

Quote Originally Posted by klah View Post
      Which Boat are you on Figaro or Tortugas?

All cars from both boats are out of the port and are in Volvo's holding lots. Customs is clearing and logistics is sending them out. Some of the Figaro cars are already en route. Interestingly, there have been a TON of BMW's and Mini's leaving the last few days. I passed 8 carriers of BMW's on Tuesday between 5:30-6:15 on 101 heading north.
      2020 XC60 | T8 | OSD
      2018 V90CC | OSD
      2013 XC60 | R Design
      2012 C70 | Platinum P* Volvo Front & Elevate Rear Bars

Past: 2016 XC90 T8 | 2012 XC70, OSD | 2012 S60 | 2009 XC70 | 2008 C70, OSD| 2006 S60R | 2003 XC70, OSD | 2000 S40

First an email to FDC, they referred me to [email protected]. They responded first thing this morning with a phone number to talk with Barbara. When you send a note to them, include your order number for reference. She can update with info about customs clearance and port processing, once itís on a truck for transport no further info is available. Since your car was only a few days behind mine perhaps it cleared customs as well.

Best of luck!
      Bill

Oh, the number was 1-800-631-1667, line #2 for Barbara.
      Last edited by SeabeckS; 08-02-2018 at 08:09 PM.

We have four cars in the garage and are currently selling one for when the XC40 makes it way over here. The waiting is the worse part and itís not that bad. We could have ordered the XC40 we wanted and waited and spent $3,000 more on the car. With the freebies Volvo gives you plus that $3,000 we didnít have to spend on the vehicle, we spent a week and a half in Sweden exploring with our XC40. It was a phenomenal experience and the best way we could have made this purchase.

Full disclosure, we planned on only spending that $3,000 on the trip, but we went over budget by $750. Still, a great deal for a week and a half in Sweden.

We took advantage of Volvoís OSD to take a European vacation that we might not have otherwise done. Five days in Sweden, 8 days on the Rhine, 3 days in Amsterdam. That paid round trip air fare on British was a huge deal. We got a little extra lucky when Volvo dropped the OSD price on our V90 by over $5K just shortly before we placed our order. I got EXACTLY the car I wanted with an out the door price savings of $7100. An awful program it is not.

The wait was anticipated, so not a huge concern. (After nine heart surgeries, radiation therapy for cancer, and removal/reconstruction of my nose Iíve learned to be...patient...lol).

First an email to FDC, they referred me to [email protected]. They responded first thing this morning with a phone number to talk with Barbara. When you send a note to them, include your order number for reference. She can update with info about customs clearance and port processing, once itís on a truck for transport no further info is available. Since your car was only a few days behind mine perhaps it cleared customs as well.

Best of luck!

Bill

Oh, the number was 1-800-631-1667, line #2 for Barbara.
      Thank you! My salesman called this evening and was pretty sure a transport was loaded with our Volvo. My XC90 was dropped in Bruinswick GA on 7/12. If heís incorrect, I might check with Barbara. Thanks for the contact info.

Thank you! My salesman called this evening and was pretty sure a transport was loaded with our Volvo. My XC90 was dropped in Bruinswick GA on 7/12. If heís incorrect, I might check with Barbara. Thanks for the contact info.
      You are most welcome, enjoy your new Volvo! 😎

I check my VIN on the 2wglobal.com site each morning and finally today I have some info! Ship is BOHEME and will leave Aug 9th as I think i've seen posted. Bound for Zeebrugge where it will then get on the FAUST. ETA for Port Hueneme is Sept 7th.

If i'm able to take delivery by Oct I will be happy. Does that sound possible? Would be a nice BDay present to myself.
      Last edited by Riverhound; 08-06-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverhound View Post
      I check my VIN on the 2wglobal.com site each morning and finally today I have some info! Ship is BOHEME and will leave Aug 8th as I think i've seen posted. Bound for Zeebrugge where it will then get on the FAUST. ETA for Port Hueneme is Sept 7th.

If i'm able to take delivery by Oct I will be happy. Does that sound possible? Would be a nice BDay present to myself.
      Great news!

Which field did you put your VIN in? I tried all three fields and all so no, but that could just mean my XC40 isn't scheduled for a boat yet.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast