Waiting is the hardest part... - Page 13
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by MaryM View Post
      Mine hasnít updated since being loaded on vessel in Gothenburg, but my car is set to stay on the boat until it reaches Brunswick, GA.

I can imagine one of two things being the case with your car:
      1) it was off-loaded in Zeebrugge and it missed the Morning Lynn
      2) or it made it on to the morning Lynn and the system hasnít updated yet.

Now, if it did miss Morning Lynn, the schedule shows other boats leaving Zeebrugge for Baltimore, one of which arrives a day sooner than the Morning Lynn. The next ship out is the Faust leaving on the 19th and arrives at MD at the end of Nov. I guess youíll have to call Barbara on Monday for updates.

I'm hoping its just delayed in the system data; I now see a new line that says "LOADED ON VESSEL ZEEBRUGGE 17-11-2018 13:29:00" - hoping it made on the Morning Lynn.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Mine hasnít updated since being loaded on vessel in Gothenburg, but my car is set to stay on the boat until it reaches Brunswick, GA.

2) or it made it on to the morning Lynn and the system hasnít updated yet.

Now, if it did miss Morning Lynn, the schedule shows other boats leaving Zeebrugge for Baltimore, one of which arrives a day sooner than the Morning Lynn. The next ship out is the Faust leaving on the 19th and arrives at MD at the end of Nov. I guess youíll have to call Barbara on Monday for updates.

Having just gone through this I can hopefully bring some relief. My car was one of 24 on a single order that was booked to Zeebrugge and onward to Port Hunemme. When the second boat departed Zeebrugge only one of the 24 Vins in that order showed Loaded, so it appears that they only scan one car per order vs. scanning all of them. When the boat arrived last week and I tracked the order number all 24 cars showed now as discharged at PH. If you have the BOOKING # that your car is part of, not just your VIN, you can enter that in the tracker and get a list of VINS on the same booking #, I bet you will see that only one car in the list is listed as loaded, that being the lucky car they scanned. Chances are your cars are on the boat. Hope that helps.
      2019 T-6 AWD Polestar, Denim Blue/Maroon Brown (OSD Sept 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb View Post
      Mine hasn’t updated since being loaded on vessel in Gothenburg, but my car is set to stay on the boat until it reaches Brunswick, GA.

2) or it made it on to the morning Lynn and the system hasn’t updated yet.

Now, if it did miss Morning Lynn, the schedule shows other boats leaving Zeebrugge for Baltimore, one of which arrives a day sooner than the Morning Lynn. The next ship out is the Faust leaving on the 19th and arrives at MD at the end of Nov. I guess you’ll have to call Barbara on Monday for updates.

Having just gone through this I can hopefully bring some relief. My car was one of 24 on a single order that was booked to Zeebrugge and onward to Port Hunemme. When the second boat departed Zeebrugge only one of the 24 Vins in that order showed Loaded, so it appears that they only scan one car per order vs. scanning all of them. When the boat arrived last week and I tracked the order number all 24 cars showed now as discharged at PH. If you have the BOOKING # that your car is part of, not just your VIN, you can enter that in the tracker and get a list of VINS on the same booking #, I bet you will see that only one car in the list is listed as loaded, that being the lucky car they scanned. Chances are your cars are on the boat. Hope that helps.
      Interesting! I just looked and mine and Sandy’s car are in a group of 9 that were loaded in Gothenburg, all of which show as Loaded on vessel. But mine wasn’t off-loaded at Zeebrugge because it’s heading for Brunswick and not Baltimore.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Research Analysts..

Interesting! I just looked and mine and Sandyís car are in a group of 9 that were loaded in Gothenburg, all of which show as Loaded on vessel. But mine wasnít off-loaded at Zeebrugge because itís heading for Brunswick and not Baltimore.
      Boy without all of the research analysts of this board I'd be clueless; thanks all for the data and research. Its very helpful to know what is going on!

I figure this thread is the right place because waiting really is the hardest part.

My car is at the dealership. It was delivered (according to them) on Saturday morning. I have reached out to the dealership several times today. First to my sales rep, then the sales manager, then finally the GM. I haven't received any word back from anyone. Nothing. I would at least hope for a message saying "we got your phone call and will get back to you". I realize they might be busy, but just a simple acknowledgement would give me a lot of peace of mind.

I asked them to get back to me by 4:30 today. If I don't hear anything by then I think it'll be time to contact Volvo. I would not expect this unresponsive behavior from _any_ dealership, much less a luxury brand from an established franchise.

I was really hoping to have my car today (Monday) but now it might be Tuesday. Or not! Who knows.

2019 XC40 Momentum T5 + Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by SandyK View Post
      Interesting! I just looked and mine and Sandy’s car are in a group of 9 that were loaded in Gothenburg, all of which show as Loaded on vessel. But mine wasn’t off-loaded at Zeebrugge because it’s heading for Brunswick and not Baltimore.
      Boy without all of the research analysts of this board I'd be clueless; thanks all for the data and research. Its very helpful to know what is going on!
      Lol. I have too much time on my hands!

Pitch tent

Quote Originally Posted by Markdotnet View Post
      I figure this thread is the right place because waiting really is the hardest part.

My car is at the dealership. It was delivered (according to them) on Saturday morning. I have reached out to the dealership several times today. First to my sales rep, then the sales manager, then finally the GM. I haven't received any word back from anyone. Nothing. I would at least hope for a message saying "we got your phone call and will get back to you". I realize they might be busy, but just a simple acknowledgement would give me a lot of peace of mind.

I asked them to get back to me by 4:30 today. If I don't hear anything by then I think it'll be time to contact Volvo. I would not expect this unresponsive behavior from _any_ dealership, much less a luxury brand from an established franchise.

I was really hoping to have my car today (Monday) but now it might be Tuesday. Or not! Who knows.

I'd probably be there in person pitching a tent in their parking lot! How frustrating.... I get it make take a day or so for prep; but really how no communication... that is unacceptable; there is no reason at all for failure to communicate! Haha... well you always have a key... right?

They finally got back to me. We were able to schedule the delivery and I finally picked it up yesterday! Happy day!!

Where's my Polestar badge? I added the Polestar package at the FDC when I picked it up in October. Presumably that was why my car shipped out two weeks late. Now they may not have even done it? I have the dealer checking with Volvo to see about verifying that it was actually done.

Someday this will all be over and I'll be able to move on. At least the salesman said that if it hadn't been done they'd give me a loaner for the day while they take care of it.

In any case, I am now driving my OWN car and not borrowing my daughter's car anymore. Whee!!

They finally got back to me. We were able to schedule the delivery and I finally picked it up yesterday! Happy day!!

Where's my Polestar badge? I added the Polestar package at the FDC when I picked it up in October. Presumably that was why my car shipped out two weeks late. Now they may not have even done it? I have the dealer checking with Volvo to see about verifying that it was actually done.

Someday this will all be over and I'll be able to move on. At least the salesman said that if it hadn't been done they'd give me a loaner for the day while they take care of it.

In any case, I am now driving my OWN car and not borrowing my daughter's car anymore. Whee!!
      Glad to hear you got your car. So, can you help me better understand what Polestar is? I honestly never heard about it until I read it on this board; wasn't a listed option on the OSD order PDF. I have read about it on the accessory pages; but I'm not sure I really understand why I would want it; or what it would do? Thanks

Where's my Polestar badge? I added the Polestar package at the FDC when I picked it up in October.
      Just FYI... I also ordered Polestar and the Exterior Styling Kit from the FDC (before I arrived), but they forgot to install them. They were able to get the Polestar upgrade taken care of while we ate lunch (Swedish meatballs) so it's a pretty quick process. They couldn't do the Exterior Styling Kit before we left the FDC and I have my fingers crossed it will be installed when the car actually shows up in the next few weeks
      2019 XC40 Inscription Polestar Denim Blue & Blonde Leather (via OSD Sep 2018)

Glad to hear you got your car. So, can you help me better understand what Polestar is? I honestly never heard about it until I read it on this board; wasn't a listed option on the OSD order PDF. I have read about it on the accessory pages; but I'm not sure I really understand why I would want it; or what it would do? Thanks
      Like urbanmark and others, I had Polestar installed at the FDC during lunch. I noticed taking the test drives here at home that on the highway, hitting the gas to pass while at speed left you wanting as the transmission geared down and you waited on the turbo to kick in. On the two +1 lane highways in Sweden with Polestar, when you got the passing lane and you wanted to pass a line of trucks, the power from the engine and transmission was smooth and available when you wanted it. No whining, no kicks. I found it very worthwhile there and expect I'll appreciate it the same way with the East Coast driving here.

Looks like mine is due into the Port of Baltimore early Sat morning - I might have to take a ride over to see the boat even though you can't get close enough to see anything unload through the sea of Jags and Rovers parked there. It's getting close!! Happy Thanksgiving All!
      2019 XC90 Inscription Crystal White/Blond, Pole*, B&W, Air Suspension (OSD)

Jimb, mine is due on Saturday as well, coming in on the Tamesis. Can you keep a look-out?? : ) I'm really hoping the process from the port of Baltimore, though customs and finally to Minneapolis goes quickly and smoothly. The FDC estimated the day of US delivery as 11/25 and the dealership delivery of 12/7. We'll see I guess!

Meredith, I'd be happy to. I'll add Tamesis to my 'fleet' and monitor both it and Toledo coming in then run over there Sat when they get in. According to Bunky over at the Port, they are only closed tomorrow for the holiday, so they should roll off on Sat if they get here. Hans gave me a 12/5 date. Fingers crossed that no one at Customs ate Romaine lettuce this week.

I'll spin up a new thread about Polestar so to keep this from getting too cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmark View Post
      Just FYI... I also ordered Polestar and the Exterior Styling Kit from the FDC (before I arrived), but they forgot to install them. (snip) They couldn't do the Exterior Styling Kit before we left the FDC and I have my fingers crossed it will be installed when the car actually shows up in the next few weeks
      Three things may happen with your styling kit:
      - it was done at the FDC before shipping (best outcome)
      - if it was not done at the FDC:
      - it may be done as part of the "port preparations" process, after clearing Customs
      - or it will need to be done by your dealer

Hopefully, Hans and the gang were able to install the kit before the car went for its cruise across the Atlantic.
      2018 XC90 T8 AWD Momentum Plus, Denim Blue, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2005 S60 2.5T AWD (OSD) Platinum Green, Premium, Convenience, Climate, Bi-Xenon, etc
      Previous:
      2016 XC90 T6 AWD (OSD) Momentum Plus, Magic Blue, vision, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2004 XC90 T6 AWD (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by MeredithInMN View Post
      Jimb, mine is due on Saturday as well, coming in on the Tamesis. Can you keep a look-out?? : ) I'm really hoping the process from the port of Baltimore, though customs and finally to Minneapolis goes quickly and smoothly. The FDC estimated the day of US delivery as 11/25 and the dealership delivery of 12/7. We'll see I guess!
      Good morning Meredith - It came in later then planned last evening, but was in and unloading when I was through there at around 8:30. It was docked in a spot behind cranes where they don't usually park the ROROs so I couldn't get a pic for you, but there were Jags and Rovers being parked in their lot so I know they were unloading at the the time. It took about 36 hours for mine to show up as discharged from the time that the Toledo started off loading. I'll let you know how quick release to customs was when I get that notice. Have a good day!

Good morning, Jimb! Wow, what a sweetheart you are! I didn't really expect you to check in with an update. It makes me happy that someone has actually laid eyes on my boat! I checked first thing this morning, too, and saw that it had finally moored. I really appreciate your kindness and willingness to go the extra mile to help out a fellow "Volvo owner in waiting". Have a great day. -Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by jimb27613 View Post
      Good morning Meredith - It came in later then planned last evening, but was in and unloading when I was through there at around 8:30. It was docked in a spot behind cranes where they don't usually park the ROROs so I couldn't get a pic for you, but there were Jags and Rovers being parked in their lot so I know they were unloading at the the time. It took about 36 hours for mine to show up as discharged from the time that the Toledo started off loading. I'll let you know how quick release to customs was when I get that notice. Have a good day!
      Hi Jim, I'm a Baltimore Local and I was wondering where exactly my boat will be docked when it arrives; the Morning Lynn due in on 12/1 although tracking shows it coming in on 11/30. I was wondering if I could drive as close as possible to see it; but I have no idea where these cargo ships dock in Baltimore! Thanks in advance for any 411!

Good morning Sandy - sure, WW docks all of their ships at the Dundalk Marine terminal. There seem to be 3 berths, one you can get a good look at the ship, one, you can't at all and the third, you can get a very obstructed view. It's a very secure area because of all of the cargo there, so you can't get close. That said, Google map 2500 Broening Highway. That puts you on the west side of Colgate Creek. If you travel on Broening highway over the Colgate Creek bridge, the first birth is on the creek to your right. That is where the ship that brought mine in was over the weekend and you can get a great view from the bridge and just before. As you cross the bridge, you will see the walls and fences to the right and the tractors and farm equip waiting to be loaded first. Beyond that, you will see cranes. That is the second berth, where Tamsis, Meredith's ship docked over the weekend. No view of that one really, I could just see it from 95/395 split coming home from an event, so I got off at Keith Ave on my way to check for her. If you keep going east on Broening another quarter mile or so, you will see through the fences all of the Jaguars and Land Rovers parked. If the Morning Lynn is parked in the 3rd spot, continue to drive down Broening until you get to Dunhill, I believe there is a flashing yellow light there. follow the turn off to the right there and there is a little alcove there where you can see through the gate more easily and get a decent view of that spot. If they stopped in South Hampton and they are actively unloading, you will likely see cars rolling into the Jag/Rover area.

I can shoot you a map with the spots marked if you want to PM me an email address if that's easier. Hope this helps, or let me know if you have any questions. It's exciting! Mine hasn't been sent to Customs yet, but I am guessing they are backed up from the holiday weekend. Cheers! Jim

Good morning Meredith!
      Happy to help! One other quick note, I just got the Customs Release update at 9:30 this morning, so yours shouldn't be far behind. Have a good one! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimb27613 View Post
      Good morning Meredith!
      Happy to help! One other quick note, I just got the Customs Release update at 9:30 this morning, so yours shouldn't be far behind. Have a good one! Jim
      I'll be especially interested to hear how long it takes for you to get your car since it shipped into Dundalk and you appear to live a few miles away in the Baltimore area. I have been told my car was loaded on a trailer 13 days ago but it still hasn't arrived in Cincinnati, 508 miles away. So far no one has an explanation.
      2019 XC40 Momentum T5/1990 740GL/1989 740GL/1986 740GLE 5-speed/1986 240 DL Wagon

Good morning, all! Thanks for the update, Jim. It's nice to have someone who is just ahead in the process to provide information in real time! I hope you get your car very soon. XC40, I hope you get your car soon as well. The process from port to dealer sounds incredibly frustrating. You'd think someone, somewhere could provide some information about where your car is and why the delay. Fingers crossed for a (very) speedy resolution. Sandy, congrats on your impending arrival, too! LisaKnitter, are you out there??? I think your car was on the Tamesis with mine!

Follow up question: How are you notified that your car has been released from customs?
      Last edited by MeredithInMN; 11-27-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XC40 View Post
      I have been told my car was loaded on a trailer 13 days ago but it still hasn't arrived in Cincinnati, 508 miles away. So far no one has an explanation.
      Just a suggestion: drive by your dealer and look around. Your car may be parked in the back (or wherever they keep the cars that haven't been sold yet).
      It wouldn't be the first time I hear of a dealer receiving the car and not really knowing what to do next (call you, prep the car, etc).

Jim, you were correct! I received notice of the customs release this morning! On to the next step!

Meredith - excellent! I just received an email over lunch from my dealer that it has been released to the trucking company, so it was only a day to get through customs. The release doesn't state when the car will be delivered, but it does say to expect it at the dealer in 3-6 days.

XC40 - It does note on here 'Should you need more detailed information regarding exact delivery date, please contact Volvo Logistics in Rockleigh, NJ at 201-768-7300 if you haven't spoken to them yet, Sorry I didn't go back through the thread to check.

We worked with Bob Kennedy and our car (Chrystal White Inscription, Advance, Vision, Premium, heated seats/steering wheel, 19" wheels, oxide red interior) finally arrived in Palo Alto yesterday! Highly recommend working with Bob!!

In case you're curious about timing, here are our dates below:

Sep 25 - picked up car and turned car in after spending 15 minutes driving around the track and playing with the auto park/back-in feature in the FDC parking lot
      Oct 7 - car left Gothenburg on Thermopylae (name of ship)
      Oct 13 - car left Zeebrugge on Glorious Leader
      Nov 8 - car arrived at Port Hueneme
      Nov 19 - car released from customs
      Nov 27 - car arrived at local Volvo dealership in Palo Alto

Can't believe our car is finally here!! Unfortunately we're traveling and won't be able to pick up our car until late next week.

Good morning. I have a question this morning... I received an email from my Volvo dealer this morning letting me know that the customs process can take 2-3 weeks once the car arrives. When we see that our car is marked "liner release" and "customs release" does that mean that the car was released from the ship to customs? How do we know when the car actually clears customs and is ready to be put on a truck? Thanks in advance for answers!!

I can only tell you what happened in my case - customs release means released from the shipper to customs. That happened Tuesday morning for me. Yesterday at around noon, the GM at my dealer got a Volvo Retailer Notification of OSD release which told him that my vehicle had been 'released from customs and available to be picked up by the inland carrier when they dispatch'. The dealer forwarded that to me shortly after he got it to keep me in the loop. Now I suspect no info until it shows up on the dealer lot, which that email says should be in 3-6 days. I believe others have noted that IFF sends notification of customs release. I have not received anything from them, yet. Hope that helps!

Perfect! Thanks, Jim. That fully answers my question.

EDIT: I just received my Customs Clearance Documents from IFF! That was quick.
      Last edited by MeredithInMN; 11-29-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks for the update Julie. Out of curiosity when you say "customs release" on November 19 was that from the WW tracking that said Customs Release/Liner Release or was that the day you got a notice from IFF regarding customs release. This whole part of the process is a bit confusing. WW tracking indicated my car too had a customs release on November 19 even though it was on a later boat than yours which arrived on 11/16. I just got the IFF notice yesterday, but on the paperwork from IFF also notes a customs release of 11/19. I am wondering if what we are waiting for during the 11/19-11/28 lag is for IFF paperwork to catch up to what customs has already cleared? In other words my car might already be in transit or nearly here vs. just being released to Volvo. I had assumed I was still a week or two away but your timeline has me optimistic that I might be getting a call anytime.

Hi Scooterb, we're traveling today and I don't have my laptop handy to go through my many emails. I'll get the info/dates for you as soon as I can!

I reached out to the customs agent about 3 weeks before the date we were given at FDC as our estimated delivery date (btw, our car arrived at our local dealer before the promised date!). I sent the agent a PDF of the form we received at FDC upon delivery, and asked if they needed any additional information to process our car.

I saw the car had been released from customs (liner release date) before I heard from the agent or anyone at Volvo. About a day later I received an email with the customs release form from the customs agent. She said to contact Barbara to arrange for delivery.

I'm sure it was because of the Thanksgiving holiday, but Barbara didn't respond to three emails sent over 8 days asking for an update. My local dealer whom I've never met didn't return my call either.

Finally I reached out to Bob and presto, I got emails from Barbara and the dealer saying my car was ready for p/u! Who knows when I would have found out if it wasn't for Bob!!

For those waiting, don't wait for anyone to contact you. Always be vigilant and proactive! You know what they say about the squeaky wheel...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      2019 XC40 T5 Inscription | Chrystal White & Oxide Red | Vision | Advanced | Premium | Heated steering & seats | 19" 5-double spoke

And TOUCH DOWN! Just got the call from the dealer that LARS has arrived safe and sound! According to email from Barbara this morning the car was picked up from the port yesterday so it was only a one day transit up to the Bay Area--not bad at all. So here was my timeline for reference:

10-05-2018 - Dropped at FDC
      10-18-2018 - loaded at GOTHENBURG
      10-20-2018 - loaded at ZEEBRUGGE
      11-15-2018 - Arrived at PORT HUENEME, CA
      11-19-2018 - Customs-Liner Release
      11-27-2018 - IFF Notice Customs Clearance Email
      11-27-2018 - Picked up at Port by Volvo
      11-28-2018 - Arrived Walnut Creek dealer (SF bay area)

I was originally given a 12/11 ETA so very happy with the early arrival. They wanted a few days to do software updates, etc. So I will pick it up next Monday. Hope my other Undine shipmates get similar good news soon!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb View Post
      And TOUCH DOWN! Just got the call from the dealer that LARS has arrived safe and sound! According to email from Barbara this morning the car was picked up from the port yesterday so it was only a one day transit up to the Bay Area--not bad at all.

Scott
      Congratulations! I'm really happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MeredithInMN View Post
      Perfect! Thanks, Jim. That fully answers my question.

EDIT: I just received my Customs Clearance Documents from IFF! That was quick.
      I got the call this morning that the dealer has the car and was ready to schedule delivery. Going tomorrow at noon. So less than a week from Port to the Dealer here in Baltimore. 4 days earlier than Hans projected. Go Volvo!

That's wonderful news, Jim!! The process seems to have gone very smoothly for you (and your car). : )
      Enjoy! I hope you can sleep tonight. Thanks again for all of your updates as they've been very helpful.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast