Higher Mileage XC90's???
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Higher Mileage XC90's???

Whos got em?

2016 with 64k....Just picked it up.

Anyone running higher than that? Would love to here you ownership story....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Can't help with that high a mileage, but my 2018 XC90 with 15K is doing very well.
      2006 XC70 (traded for XC60)
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD (traded for XC90)
      2018 XC90 T6 Momentum + Maple Brown metallic/amber leather, air suspension, (picked up at dealer 6/22/17)
      Added Polestar 10/26/17

OP, might be a good idea to add your location under username since not everyone is in US 👍

I only have 27,000 km's on my T8 🖤
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Let's check back when someone reaches 100k miles, possibly in 4 to 5 years.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

27k miles on my 2017 T8 Inscription, but it's dead.

55k kms on my father's 2016 D5 Momentum, going strong. To be honest, I was thinking of posting about my experience with my father's car. I have been driving it over the summer (put about 6k KMs driving between Italian Alps and Croatia), and I am loving it. The car is lighter, and it feels so much more agile. The diesel engine is much smoother than the jerky disconnect between the engines on the T8 that my dealer could never solve (but, to be fair, louder and less powerful). The momentum trim my father has is much more rugged - but also, much more durable. My car always felt like something broke or scratched every time I touched it. In that big sense, the big difference is the leather. The 1,000 km+ range is awesome, after the small tank on the T8. The adaptive lights are awesome-it sucks we can't get them in the USA. Laminated windows help with noise - I don't think we can get them in the USA, except for the Excellence trim.

I also love the look of the car. White with the "rugged package" or whatever that's called. I will try to remember to take some pics.

Yet, I am amazed how much different the same car can feel - and how much more I like this "cheaper" version. You don't always get what you pay for, I guess...

Edit: just to clarify, both cars had tons of problems. Mine more than my father's. But his were mostly software (plus the usual leaking sunroof).

Our US spec MY2016 has around 44k on it. It still drives well but have had the brakes replaced twice and finally think they found the source of pulsing under heavy braking. I also replaced the tires at 18 months because I thought they were needing it. A few minor complaints that were fixed in software and a hole worn through the paint where the lift gate and the left rear indicator meet as they open and close.

Your comparison between the T8 and Momentum trims are the exact opposite of mine though mine was on our Inscription T6 and a Momentum D4. The D4 we had as a loaner but my impression would have been on the way it drove not the longevity and durability of the two.

It sounds like you are driving them for entirely different reasons? The expectation that the Momentum trim is more utility in nature a correct assumption than the T8? Would you have been just as happy with the Momentum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Any other high mileage stories? I am contemplating on keeping mine for a long time. Had a 2010 XC90 last 8 years and sold it with just 75K miles.

My '18 has currently 11k miles, and visited the dealer once just for maintenance. The '10 R-Design I had, visited the dealer multiple times while under warranty.
      '19 Volvo XC90 R-Design, Bursting Blue, AWD, Polestar
      '19 Nissan 370Z, Deep Blue Pearl, Heritage Edition, 6-speed

Currently over 57k on my 2017 and I'm loving it! Easily hit 100k by 2021.

Drove 10k in the first month of ownership.

Crossed something off my bucket list, cannonball style drive across the US, and it was awesome! Drove from Charlotte to Sumas Canada in 2.5 days, 1000k a day, no problem.
      Last edited by Srg963; 01-09-2019 at 12:18 PM.
      2017 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD Inscription
      Luxury Packaged w/ Air Suspension
      Onyx Black with Walnut & Amber
      Taking tires to the limit often
      on the Blue Ridge Parkway

I’m at 55k miles (88000km) MY16 XC90 D5. Nothing major so far other than slow sensus and occasionally blacking out. I’m from South Africa Johannesburg.

Wonder what’s the highest mileage anyone had on a D5 Diesel engine post MY16 XC90? Wonder how reliable is this Diesel engine before I need to start spending big bucks.... considering extending my warranty by another 2 years or 40 000km (25000miles).... what’s the thought on this?
      2016 Volvo XC90 AWD Inscription D5 White (current)
      2016 Lexus NX200T AWD silver (current)
      2015 Infiniti Q50 Premium White (current)
      2014 Peugeot 208 Gti White (owned)

Quote Originally Posted by PieIsKing View Post
      Wonder what’s the highest mileage anyone had on a D5 Diesel engine post MY16 XC90? Wonder how reliable is this Diesel engine before I need to start spending big bucks.... considering extending my warranty by another 2 years or 40 000km (25000miles).... what’s the thought on this?
      The engine should be fine. It runs well so far and should run another two years no problem. At high mileage it may start burning oil but if there is no sign now, I'd think it should be good for several more years.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      The engine should be fine. It runs well so far and should run another two years no problem. At high mileage it may start burning oil but if there is no sign now, I'd think it should be good for several more years.
      Very worried... two years isn’t too far away... maybe I should extend my warranty just in case....

Just hit 50,000 miles today on my way to work. 2017 T6 Inscription P* bought in late November 2016. Puts me just under 25K/year.

The only issue I've had has been the nav losing my location a few times before the 2017 sensus update. Since then, everything's been great.

What are you talking about?

The engine should be fine? There is no concrete reason why the D5 engine in question couldn't run for several hundred thousand more miles without issue.
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

Quote Originally Posted by littlehandegan View Post
      Whos got em?

2016 with 64k....Just picked it up.

Anyone running higher than that? Would love to here you ownership story....
      I just saw a forum where a guy named fredriclight said his 2016 XC90 had 108,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post

The engine should be fine? There is no concrete reason why the D5 engine in question couldn't run for several hundred thousand more miles without issue.
      I don't know what you are talking about. Volcano does erupt some day, but not without signs.

I don't know what you are talking about. Volcano does erupt some day, but not without signs.
      I'm questioning why you are making a claim that he should worry. You don't back it up with anything, just "you think."
      So if you have some knowledge on the engine and it's durability, please chime in.

If not, advising someone to worry about something they may not need to worry about is rather uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post

Where do you get several hundred thousand miles out of a couple of years?

Just curious.

Hooligan of Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by n a m View Post
      Where do you get several hundred thousand miles out of a couple of years?

Just curious.
      I'm pointing out that, long-term, there's no identified basis for concern about the durability of the engine.
      Miles or years... shouldn't matter.

Agreed. There are plenty of high mileage D5’s still on the road and not just in the SPA’s. This latest version came out in 2009 with minor changes.

Hooligan of Volvo

Mine is 90k now. It started burning oil from 60k. I need to add 1 qt oil / 4000 miles now. Recently I found some seeping oil around the hose connection between air charge resonator and turbo. I think oil should have got into air inlet pipe through PCV system. The oil trap was clogged and caused loud whistle sound at 70k. The oil trap was changed but still burning oil. Dealer doesn’t want to do anything about it even though I have extended warranty.

Basically this car got numerous problems since I bought it. Fixed one, then another came up. Some problems never been fixed, like jerky move from stop, temporary power loss when accelerating during slowing down ... Dealer just doesn’t recognize they’re problems. I can definitely feel the T5 loaner is much smoother and stronger power than my T6 Polestar. So far I have spent tons of money on it. Since I commute a lot, I want to keep it as long as possible. I don’t know how long it can last before burning oil problem cause it break down.

(2016 XC90 T6 Polestar)

Quote Originally Posted by goooglemen View Post
      Mine is 90k now. It started burning oil from 60k. I need to add 1 qt oil / 4000 miles now. Recently I found some seeping oil around the hose connection between air charge resonator and turbo. I think oil should have got into air inlet pipe through PCV system. The oil trap was clogged and caused loud whistle sound at 70k. The oil trap was changed but still burning oil. Dealer doesn’t want to do anything about it even though I have extended warranty.

Basically this car got numerous problems since I bought it. Fixed one, then another came up. Some problems never been fixed, like jerky move from stop, temporary power loss when accelerating during slowing down ... Dealer just doesn’t recognize they’re problems. I can definitely feel the T5 loaner is much smoother and stronger power than my T6 Polestar. So far I have spent tons of money on it. Since I commute a lot, I want to keep it as long as possible. I don’t know how long it can last before burning oil problem cause it break down.

(2016 XC90 T6 Polestar)
      Oh boy.... extending warranty it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by n a m View Post
      Agreed. There are plenty of high mileage D5’s still on the road and not just in the SPA’s. This latest version came out in 2009 with minor changes.

I thought this D5 2.0L 4 cylinder diesel only came out with the new xc90? Which other car has it?

Quote Originally Posted by PieIsKing View Post
      D5 First Edition, 95k km. Had turbo failure around 60k, repaired under warranty. No other problems until now.

Sounds like there may be some drivetrain issues before 100k. I am betting the extended warranty will pay for itself.

2018 Volvo v90 T5 Inscription
      2016 Mazda 6 Touring
      2015 BMW 328i - sold
      2007 BMW 528i - sold

Quick update.

Car went for quick recall and repair last week.

Front cigarette fuse broke again within 3 Months(don't even use it)

Thermostat is faulty and needed replacement, it was showing -3 Celsius when it was 30 Celsius and started blowing heat. Car became a sauna

DTC replacement (no idea what it is) and DPF crack and replacement, car engine light came on and was suddenly burning engine oil. (92000km milage). Apparently these will fix the oil burning.

Start and stop didn't work, battery replacement.

Recall - Fuel pump or some sort that could cause leak and crack.

Upgraded the Intellisafe Support Upgrade Run-off road Mitigation*+ BLIS with*Steer Assist*and*Cross Traffic Alert*+*Oncoming Lane Mitigation

And

Oncoming Mitigation by Braking

Don't really see any difference.

Are these common issues with Volvo and other manufacturers at this mileage? Or is it just unreliable?

That extended warranty definitely will come in handy.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 MI 6 發送

I have a 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum with 68,500 miles. Knock on wood, but zero mechanical issues. Once the free oil changes stopped at 30k miles I started doing oil changes every 5k miles. This was based on advice from three Volvo service advisor and mechanic friends in another group. My service advisor said it isn’t necessary but he’s happy to take my money!

I am the original owner of a 2016 T6 Inscription with 71k miles, which is currently in the shop awaiting a new fuel pump. So glad I have a VIP extended warranty - I am way ahead on it just with the amount of repairs the car has required so far.
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription (OSD March 2016) Electric Silver/Charcoal, Matte Tech Black 234 Wheels, Convenience, Vision, Polestar, Intellisafe Upgrade (PA2)
      2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
      1999 Acura NSX Alex Zanardi Edition 32/50

In the USA there should be many 2016 models with 100k miles, vehicle was available in 2015. (I've put 100k miles on my Honda Accord over 4 years and I don't even drive _that_ much.) Wifey's 2018 model XC90 has 25k miles.
      2018 Onyx Black T6 Momentum: Amber, 20" wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stick_shift View Post
      In the USA there should be many 2016 models with 100k miles, vehicle was available in 2015. (I've put 100k miles on my Honda Accord over 4 years and I don't even drive _that_ much.) Wifey's 2018 model XC90 has 25k miles.
      2016 with 70k. I don't think we've ever owned a vehicle past 75 or 80k. Do NOT have an extended warranty. Sounds like the car is on the cusp of getting expensive, based on some of the comments here. Anyone recommend we trade it in for a new one (or a 60, which might fit for us)?

Jamie (New York)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamienbaker View Post
      2016 with 70k. I don't think we've ever owned a vehicle past 75 or 80k. Do NOT have an extended warranty. Sounds like the car is on the cusp of getting expensive, based on some of the comments here. Anyone recommend we trade it in for a new one (or a 60, which might fit for us)?

Jamie (New York)
      Trade in could be quite costly. If you feel confident, just run it till first issue surfaces up. Chances are you won't see big issues in several years. Otherwise, a CPO with extended warranty to 10 year unlimited miles could be a better fit and easier to maintain for you.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 08-26-2019 at 02:41 PM.

2017 T6 Inscription P* picked up on Black Friday 2016.

Minimal issues. Have my 60,000 mile service scheduled for 9/11. My passenger side mirror adjustment went out around 58,000 and I'm having the dealership take a look at it. Beyond that and some brake rotor warping replaced under warranty, it's been problem free. Very happy with it. Just picked up a loaded XC40 for my wife this past Saturday, making us a 2-Volvo family.

Purchase Happy Date: July 1st, 2017 T6 Momentum P+ w/ End of lease September 1st, 2020.
      Mileage: 56K
      Maintenance: Dealer's only.
      Major issues: squealing brakes & suspension really worrisome chirping on uneven roads.
      Hiccups: Sensus is a slick design troll full of glitches. Shame on you Volvo for making those soft/firm upgrades paid.
      Tires: OEM 20" Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S - great life. Need advice and recommendations on a new full brakes/rotors kit(aftermarket only).
      Regrets: Didn't purchased the "Certified by Volvo" Warranty Upgrade upon purchasing
      Intention: Will keep it as a 6th member of the family
      Pain: Out of warranty and...Don't know what to do?
      Request: HELP!!!

Got a 2016 XC90 Inscription with 53K miles now. I got it from CarMax and got maxcare warranty on it. All service up to 50K was done at dealer. Experience has gone down hill recently so not sure what's happening or if 2016 reliability issues are revealing themselves now. Original intent is to keep it until 100K miles but not sure it will make it there at this point.

Major Issues
      - Rear brakes and rotors @ ~42K. Somehow ended up grinding the rotors
      - Partial engine rebuild due to spark plug exploding in cylinder 3, got new pistons @ 52K - Covered through Volvo goodwill
      - Front upper control arms replaced, coolant hoses and connectors replaced, 1 engine mount replaced @ 53K miles - actually covered by MaxCare surprisingly.
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription - Crystal White/Amber | 21" 8-spoke | B/W | Vision | Climate | Convenience | 4C Air |

Anyone bought a T8 with high mileage?
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx - Amber - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast