TPMS Calibration - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      I've only had to do the calibration once. Like others, it definitely took less than 10 minutes.
      As for sensitivity, I've always been told that TPMS only puts up a notification if the tire pressure is 20% below the calibrated level.
      2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Replying to oldish thread because mine is showing higher values than measured with gauges (multiple manual gauges all agree)

Status screen shows all tires at 49psi all measure 38psi. I swapped in my Winter tires and they are doing exactly the same thing.

But there is no calibrate button. Not in car status TPMS screen. Not in Setting - My Car - Intellisafe screen as manuals claim. Shut off car locked and started up again to cause system to reboot and didn't help.

Did they remove this option in some past update? I do not remember if it was there before one way or the other as I never went looking for it before.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      You are still writing nonsense as usual
      Yeah, you're completely wrong. I just sold a BMW sportwagon. The TPMS worked EXACTLY the same as it does in my Volvo. You had to recalibrate each time.

Ditto the Lincoln SUV that I just turned back on lease. That did have a better system than either the Volvo or the BMW (because exact pressures where on the screen - not just a warning about going below pressure). However, you had to recalibrate that too in the exact same way.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by QueBall View Post
      Replying to oldish thread because mine is showing higher values than measured with gauges (multiple manual gauges all agree)

Status screen shows all tires at 49psi all measure 38psi. I swapped in my Winter tires and they are doing exactly the same thing.

But there is no calibrate button. Not in car status TPMS screen. Not in Setting - My Car - Intellisafe screen as manuals claim. Shut off car locked and started up again to cause system to reboot and didn't help.

Did they remove this option in some past update? I do not remember if it was there before one way or the other as I never went looking for it before.
      How are you getting direct psi readouts from the xc60? I wasn't aware of any 2018+ xc60 using tpms sensors. Calibrate button on thje xc60 is in the tire monitor screen to reset the wheel speed/abs sensor tire pressure readouts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      Yeah, you're completely wrong. I just sold a BMW sportwagon. The TPMS worked EXACTLY the same as it does in my Volvo. You had to recalibrate each time.

Ditto the Lincoln SUV that I just turned back on lease. That did have a better system than either the Volvo or the BMW (because exact pressures where on the screen - not just a warning about going below pressure). However, you had to recalibrate that too in the exact same way.
      BWM maybe an old model

The new 2018 BMW and up models do not need you to drive for 10 minutes the same as an Audi
      Last edited by BigBang; 11-20-2019 at 04:10 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

FWIW: last week I took my 2017 S90 to the local dealership for its 30K maintenance service. They also did a Service 2.0 software upgrade. Prior to that, the TPMS worked just fine: I had had to recalibrate it only twice, each time after new tires had been installed. But this time, while driving out of the dealership, TMPS requested a recalibration. The dealership had only topped up the inflation pressure slightly, which does not usually trigger a TPMS recalibration. So I figured I would humor the car and recalibrate. After five miles at highway speed, the Sensus icon showed the four green dots indicating the calibration was successful. Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of the matter. In the past week, the TPMS has continually prompted me to recalibrate, I do so, it appears to do so, but then the cycle starts all over again. I can only assume that the current Service 2.0 upgrade screwed up the TPMS. A second visit to the dealership got me just the time-honored mechanic's shrug. I guess I will be living with the issue until the next software upgrade.
      Current: 2020 V60 T5 FWD, Denim Blue/Blonde, Momentum, Multimedia, Premium, Advanced, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, 19" Five Spoke Cut Rims
      Current: 2018 V90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Charcoal, Inscription, Dark Flame Birch, Convenience, no B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Black Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel
      Past: 2017 S90 T5 FWD;2 x 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD; 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

BWM maybe an old model

The new 2018 BMW and up models do not need you to drive for 10 minutes the same as an Audi
      Funny you are saying that...the audi community has different opinion...

Resetting the system initiates a 20 minute learning cycle during which the algorithms measure the mentioned oscillations and build a base profile. Once the learning cycle is over, the current measurements are continuously compared to the base profile and if a big enough deviation is being noticed, the driver is alerted. Also keep in mind that changing a wheel, rotating your wheels or even things as simple as tighten the wheel lugs require the system to be reset as the oscillations could be different afterwards and throwing false alerts.
      https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...-work-2941616/

Quote Originally Posted by kospa60 View Post
      Funny you are saying that...the audi community has different opinion...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...-work-2941616/
      NO COMMENT :

this is from AUDI GERMANY, if you don't understand something, contact them directly

here all about TPMS
      https://www.audi-technology-portal.d...itoring-system
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Just because it is not showing what is happening on the background doesn't mean it doesn't need calibration. Fundamentally for the system to operate, the wheels are required to rotate so as to trigger the self-learning process.

Another fun fact is that Audi, Volvo and most other manufacturers using the exact same system provided by Nira Dynamics AB (swedish company by the way)..better ask them
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nira_Dynamics_AB

After a resetting, it takes 2-3 minutes to drive, the system returns to the default settings. I write from my own experience

Swedish company, what does this have to do with Volvo ????
      Audi uses European, American and Japanese suppliers for its cars, as opposed to Volvo using Chinese parts suppliers

Last edited by BigBang; 11-21-2019 at 08:46 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Audi and BMV do not need any driving, this is done in idle state
      After a resetting, it takes 2-3 minutes to drive, the system returns to the default settings. I write from my own experience
      Well maybe after a couple more posts you ll agree that it takes 10 minutes...fact of the matter is that Audi and Volvo are using the same system, either you like it or not!
      Bmw still uses direct TPMS in many of their models, therefore is a different story.

All manufacturers are using components from suppliers based near their manufacturing plants...it's logistics...Since most Volvos are built in Sweden and Belgium most of their suppliers are from european countries. And it is not difficult to check this out either. Most components on the XC60 have stamps with 'made in' various european countries apart from sweden...

Just tell him that Audi is a better car so he stops wining.
      We get it, you hate Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      Just tell him that Audi is a better car so he stops wining.
      We get it, you hate Volvo.
      On the contrary, I love my Volvo, dream it every night, love it so much

To you and to the individuals in the forum, I want this to happen to you. Of course with your family members in the car
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ced-perfomance

This happened after 465.655km and 15 years:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...nother-problem

Not to mention the parts that fall out, the white spots on the inner door panels and..................

In February 2020, I will be the happiest man in the world when I sell this car, known as the Volvo XC60
      Last edited by BigBang; 11-22-2019 at 06:33 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

On order: 2020 S60 Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

lousy system..
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      FWIW: last week I took my 2017 S90 to the local dealership for its 30K maintenance service. They also did a Service 2.0 software upgrade. Prior to that, the TPMS worked just fine: I had had to recalibrate it only twice, each time after new tires had been installed. But this time, while driving out of the dealership, TMPS requested a recalibration. The dealership had only topped up the inflation pressure slightly, which does not usually trigger a TPMS recalibration. So I figured I would humor the car and recalibrate. After five miles at highway speed, the Sensus icon showed the four green dots indicating the calibration was successful. Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of the matter. In the past week, the TPMS has continually prompted me to recalibrate, I do so, it appears to do so, but I guess I will be living with the issue until the next software upgrade.
      Well, I was wrong about having to live with the TPMS problem in my 2017 S90. My long-time salesman made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I just traded the car in for a 2020 V60. Problem solved!

The TPMS calibration clearly is a joke. I didn't expect any satisfaction when I complained at my 10K
      service and I don't expect any love at my 20K.

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Well, I was wrong about having to live with the TPMS problem in my 2017 S90. My long-time salesman made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I just traded the car in for a 2020 V60. Problem solved!
      I'm jealous! That's probably my favorite Volvo model right now.

Congrats and enjoy!
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2