Album art on Sirius XM
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Album art on Sirius XM

I was just wondering if there is a setting that I'm missing in Sensus to enable album art while listening to Sirius XM? Using the built in Spotify app shows album art, but Sirius just shows the stations logo.

Thanks.
      '18 XC90 Inscription
      Crystal White, Maroon Brown, 4C, B&W, Convenience, 21" 8 Spoke Wheels, P*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ADM17 View Post
      I was just wondering if there is a setting that I'm missing in Sensus to enable album art while listening to Sirius XM? Using the built in Spotify app shows album art, but Sirius just shows the stations logo.

Thanks.
      no they are more interested in pushing their branding than the artists. You shouldn't be listening to that anyways, very poor quality.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      no they are more interested in pushing their branding than the artists. You shouldn't be listening to that anyways, very poor quality.
      I'll listen to it occasionally. My Audi displays the album art for Sirius XM, figured this would as well since it has a data connection. Guess not.
      '18 XC90 Inscription
      Crystal White, Maroon Brown, 4C, B&W, Convenience, 21" 8 Spoke Wheels, P*

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks.
      SiriusXM transmits the album art along with the music (I have a XM receiver that shows it that I use at work). I am not sure why Sensus does not show it or the entire name of the artist and/or song if it has more then so many characters, there is plenty of real estate in it's tile for the to happen.

very archaic system. No art and out of [abcdefghi ] much space you get only about half to 2/3 max characters for some odd abbreviating reason which I could never understand.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

for those of you without Sirius, how much of a vestigial appendage is this service on Sensus? I still have a trial that goes along time, but I'm wondering if this wart will continue appearing everywhere in the system to try and get me to sign up once the trial is over. Manufacturers get some kick back for including this junk on infotainment systems, just wondering if it will bug me later or show up in menus and screens consuming space other apps and service I use could be occupying.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

I'll listen to it occasionally. My Audi displays the album art for Sirius XM, figured this would as well since it has a data connection. Guess not.
      I came across this thread after a search precisely because my wife just picked up a 2018 Audi Q5 and it shows album art whereas my '18 S90 doesn't. I was wondering if there was a way to enable it. Guess I'm out of luck, unless one of those sweet, sweet software updates adds that feature. (I won't be holding my breath on that one).

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      for those of you without Sirius, how much of a vestigial appendage is this service on Sensus? I still have a trial that goes along time, but I'm wondering if this wart will continue appearing everywhere in the system to try and get me to sign up once the trial is over. Manufacturers get some kick back for including this junk on infotainment systems, just wondering if it will bug me later or show up in menus and screens consuming space other apps and service I use could be occupying.
      My trial just expired, we rarely used it. My trial was only for 3 months... just realized, its very old thread.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by zzoinks View Post
      I came across this thread after a search precisely because my wife just picked up a 2018 Audi Q5 and it shows album art whereas my '18 S90 doesn't. I was wondering if there was a way to enable it. Guess I'm out of luck, unless one of those sweet, sweet software updates adds that feature. (I won't be holding my breath on that one).
      Not really sure why Sensus/Volvo doesn't display the album art. Our old Highlander would even show that, but it also would cut off the album/song name if it exceeded so many characters, just like Sensus. These things and the station list scrolling with up and down selections you'd think would be easy fixes as a part of a software update.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements