Xc90 window rain deflector
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

https://www.weathertech.com/volvo/20...ow-deflectors/ Has anyone tried them? I had a set go in the channel and didn’t like how it pushed on the window. Im hoping to be able to leave my window cracked while parked and also less wind noise while driving.

Thanks - Sid
      Sid
      2019 Volvo XC90 T6 OSD
      2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
      2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
      2012 Ducati Diavel

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I’ve had WeatherTech’s window deflectors on almost all of my past vehicles. Yes, the in-channel style pushes against the glass, but I never had a problem at all. After awhile, they start to sit better because the trim gets compressed. They also look much better than the tape-on style.

For the XC90, I decided not to get them. I, too, liked the idea of leaving the windows open a little, but ultimately I found that I never used it that way very much.

I like the sleek look of the XC90 without the deflectors and being able to open all the windows with the remote means I can exhaust hot air very quickly. Plus, with the T8 I like using remote start to make the interior comfortable.

The biggest reason why I decided not to get the deflectors this time is I wanted the ability to mount window flags in case our home team ever made it to the Stanley Cup finals 🤣.
      "Electra" ~ 2018 XC90 T8 R-Design Bursting Blue ~ Driver's Log ~ Gallery
      Gone but not forgotten: "The Beast" GMC Yukon XL Denali ~ "The STI, aka Dexter" Subaru Impreza WRX STI ~ "Dixie" VW Passat GLX

I know this might sound crazy but cars without the deflector that have one window down makes that awful loud thumping noise. Then i have to open two windows and the wife complains about her hair 🙂. Guess for $100 it is worth a shot. Thanks - Sid
      Sid
      2019 Volvo XC90 T6 OSD
      2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
      2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
      2012 Ducati Diavel

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Ugh, those wind deflectors always make me think of country bumpkin. Good luck fitting the, to your pickup.
      2016 Black XC90 R Design with B&W, 4C, tow, climate, convenience, Polestar

What's so wrong with the country or being from it? I wouldn't get them just because they don't seem like anything I'd actually put to any real use, but if they are functional for someone else...more power to 'em.

^^ I tend to agree. I have the other type that stick on and noticed the chrome has a plastic film over it that has started to degrade. I didn’t know that weathertech made them. Functional for me since I live in England and crack the windows all the time.

I need to replace mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by n a m; 08-11-2018 at 09:14 AM.
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Thanks for the info guys. I was worried that the wind deflector can cause additional wind noise since it is inside the channel.

Honestly i don’t care what people think if the car looks like a pick up truck. I bought it for my family to ride in a be comfortable. I’ve been building and tuning cars long enough to not care. Besides if I was worried about the truck look, people don’t seem to be too worried when my xc90 is parked next to my viper or Ducati Diavel or my porsche 911 turbo 🙂

Sid
      19 xc90 T6
      12 Ducati Diavel
      07 911 turbo 6 spd
      04 Viper Mambo Edition SRT-4
      Sid
      2019 Volvo XC90 T6 OSD
      2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
      2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
      2012 Ducati Diavel

Quote Originally Posted by Sidwin View Post
      cars without the deflector that have one window down makes that awful loud thumping noise. Then i have to open two windows
      Usually if you just crack a rear window or vent the sunroof the problem goes away.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements